HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!

Go down 
+5
Ghost Leader
Mcghie
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
kitteh
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:08 pm

ThomVD wrote:
It is pretty hard to discuss for me by the way, because English isn't my main language and I'm not that good at it, so sorry for any grammar mistakes.
You seem to know it pretty well actually. Very Happy

I guess the same thing could be said for me involving RE4. Nothing will ever change my mind on how much of a good Resident Evil game it is, or as a game in general. I will always love it, and it will probably always be my favorite. It was what got me into the franchise, and will always have a special place in my heart and in my memories.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Let's end this discussion then. Now you know why a lot of people don't consider RE4 a real RE game, so stop facepalming. The only thing I want to add is that almost all people that think RE4 is the best game in the series, started their Resident Evil adventure with 4.

Ps: dictionary helped me a lot Razz .
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:16 pm

ThomVD wrote:
The only thing I want to add is that almost all people that think RE4 is the best game in the series, started their Resident Evil adventure with 4.
But I think a lot of those people were too close minded to play the other games.

But there's nothing wrong with RE4 being someone's favorite.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:18 pm

I didn't say there was something wrong with it, just that it is pretty rare for someone that played since the beginning.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:25 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I didn't say there was something wrong with it, just that it is pretty rare for someone that played since the beginning.
Eh, I guess you're right. But usually the first experience will form somewhat of a bias. A lot of the first games that I have played at a young age I will always hold in higher regard than later sequels, just because those first experiences will always stay with me. However, I do try to accept changes made to the standard formula.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:40 pm

But the thing is, there are enough people that started with RE4 and still prefer the old games. I know quite a lot of them.

If you start the series with RE4 with survival-horror in mind, then you will probably prefer the old games even today.
If you start the series with RE4 with a third person shooter in mind, then you will probably prefer RE4 and 5.

I'm not talking about everybody, but RE4 attracted a lot of shooter fans. Most survival-horror fans (even if they played RE4 or 5 first) prefer the older games.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:02 pm

ThomVD wrote:
But the thing is, there are enough people that started with RE4 and still prefer the old games. I know quite a lot of them.

If you start the series with RE4 with survival-horror in mind, then you will probably prefer the old games even today.
If you start the series with RE4 with a third person shooter in mind, then you will probably prefer RE4 and 5.

I'm not talking about everybody, but RE4 attracted a lot of shooter fans. Most survival-horror fans (even if they played RE4 or 5 first) prefer the older games.
Really, I just like RE4 the most because I have more fun with it than the other games, but not by that much. Plus the nostalgia and near-flawless gameplay that it has.

When I bought REmake, the second RE game I ever owned and played, I instantly learned that it wasn't like RE4. However, the only thing that turned me off at first was the controls, which was because I had never experienced controls like that before. When I got use to it, I was right at home with them.

I don't know, I love them all, I just prefer RE4 a little bit more than the others (I say a little bit because I pretty much have the same amount of fun with all of them). Of course, my mind could change. Sometime I feel like I like REmake, RE2, or RE5 more. But RE4 always somehow stays my favorite.

Like, when I finally own the GC or HD versions of CVX, I will finally be able to control the game without all of the frustration that the over-sized PS2 control stick creates for that kind of control scheme. There's a chance that one will become my favorite because of it's length and story, not to mention difficulty.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:04 pm

That is why I said "Im not talking about everybody". Of course there are a few exceptions, but usually it goes like I said.

CV is awesome. It's my third favorite RE game after RE1/REmake and RE2.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:12 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
I've been face palming some people on youtube, saying stuff like "RE4 was useless, wasn't really Resident Evil," "They should have never made RE5," and "They should remake RE2 and 3 as an apology to RE4 and 5."
Sounds like a good idea to me. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!    TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

TWO NEW E3 Operation Raccoon City Demo videos! :D MUST SEE!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5