HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)

Go down 
+4
Spike991
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
badgonegood
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:51 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Kind of. I can't explain it without ruining the story.
Thanks for not doing that, I still haven't got my copy :/ It's ordered though, there are just so many orders on it that it takes time.

I know the feeling. I just ordered a couple of DVD's off of amazon, and I hate waiting. I mean....I want immediate results.

Trilogy? Like the first 3...I don't remember Quan Chi being part of the first 3.

If you want to fill me in Nite, you could PM me, I don't mind having the story ruined. I never played MK for the story anyway.
Quan Chi was still part of the story, although not a playable character at that point. He was mostly behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:09 pm

I can not wait to see this!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Quan Chi was still part of the story, although not a playable character at that point. He was mostly behind the scenes.

Yeah, Nite filled me in on the story.
Back to top Go down
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:37 pm

I was hoping I could get a volunteer to watch and critique 1 or 2 scenes for some feedback. Maybe post a small review of those scenes here?
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:08 pm

I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:33 pm

The Joker wrote:
I'll do it.

I'll need your email address. The one that you use to sign into youtube.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Back to top Go down
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:15 pm

The Joker wrote:
weirdozzy3@gmail.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq15SKlGyn8

Story - No video game characters appear in the clip that I sent. However the characters will run into Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield later on. From the scene that you viewed, were you intrigued? Did it end with you wanting to know what happens next? Or was it too cliche?

Acting - All the actors were friends or found on craigslist. How would you rate the acting in comparison to most fan films?

Production - What would you rate the production. For example... the editing, the camera shots/angles. Does it hold up against other fan films? Were the fight scenes believable?

Music/Soundtrack - Was the music well selected? Did it keep things exciting? Do you see it fitting in with the rest of the resident evil franchise?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:25 pm

I've critiqued films in the past, use to have my own blog on Indy films, but there was only one or two people interested. If you want I can do it too.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:48 am

Some camera angles could have been changed,
The sound in the background...is that the ocean?

The first scene with the zombies seems strange...they seem to come out of nowhere, even though spots where they are standing were completely empty a few seconds ago.

The Dramatic sound you used should be changed, because it really takes away from the seriousness of it. It makes it seem like it was trying to be funny.

When the guy says “Incoming” he seems uninterested it whatever is going on, He seems to be a great actor, but this line just seems like he was just like “Oh hey guys, There’s a zombie over there..no biggie...”

The zombie who appears to be wearing long johns starts running twice.

The sound track sounds a little too upbeat for an RE film, I would consider changing the action scenes to something a bit more...dark.

The camera running through the crowd seems like it was supposed to be from a zombies point of view, yet it just goes away,

Once again, the same zombies take off from a standing position after they were already shown running. The zombies running will raise some negativity but I won’t give any, because I don’t mind running zombies.

The scene with the black guy kicking the shit out of one zombie was pretty cool, I liked his judo style hand movements, but the camera angle could have been a lot better, and less fast motion, I might suggest a different angle. Not so shaky, and the editing on this part is actually really good.

Some of the action scenes are hard to follow, but that’s no big deal, most action scenes are.

The zombies falling down in some parts, seem really fake, while others look like they really just fell on their ass.

From 1:57 - 2:08 Too many close up shots...I don’t want to sound like an ass, but there comes a point when close up face shots look like they are trying to satirize themselves. The scene with the samurai man, cutting the zombie up seems strange. A zombie does not bleed out, or die from stab wounds so the zombies death is a little out of place.

Some of the dialogue is hard to understand. At around 2:25 the actors face seems like he was having a hard time deciding what emotion to portray, but that happens from time to time. His line seems rushed, and unnatural. At 2:36 the girls line is kind of strange

“Soon. We’re not going to have to deal with them anymore, I wanna get out of here.”

At this point it sounds like she didn’t know what she wanted to say. I understand this is a rough draft, but I would fix some of the writing.

maybe like

“The sooner we don’t have to deal with these things anymore the better. I just want to get out of here.”

At 2:47 the guy staring needs to have a bit more concern in his face. He looks like he either mad at something, or slightly agitated by it.

at 2:51 things just escalate to awesomeness I love it after this. The drama of the girl being shot, and the reaction of the group leader. Although at 3:11 the reaction should have a bit more violence the guy who lightly taps the Guy who just shot the girl on the shoulder, should be more of a Grabbing for his throat. But other than that It’s great at this point!

The smug guy going “We aren’t going to have any problems are we Andy?” just made me tingle with joy.

As a whole, it still could use some work, in the Make up department, and I am having a hard time understanding these characters. There is three people who just look like civilians, and the rest seem to be part of some squad, who are on a mission. The samurai guy seems out of place to be honest. I can’t help but get a feeling of Alice from him, which I can’t stand. He seems like he could be a great character though. The judo master is awesome, and I love his showdown with the zombie, but the zombies seem to die from strange deaths for zombies. You have to either sever the head or destroy the brain for a zombie to die, so some of these deaths make no sense, but maybe you are going for different zombies.

The soundtrack needs to be changed. I would get rid of the Apple movie suspense track you used, and add something dark and threatening. The music is too techno for me, it does not really fit with the RE franchise. If you want some brilliant examples check out the OST for REmake or RE4 those have some kick ass music.

Acting is ok, some parts could use more emotion, and clarity on line delivery.

Production is great for a low-budget fan film. You could use much better make up like you showed in your trailer, and the camera angles could be a little better.

All in all I would give this a 7/10

I like what you are trying to do, but it still could use some work. I know you are trying, and it shows some of the writing is kick ass, and your film seems to be more interesting than the Live action RE films so good job!

I want to know what happens next, but some of it is Cliched. I can't say I was completely fascinated, but it did keep my attention a lot better than many other fan films.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Mercy wrote:
I've critiqued films in the past, use to have my own blog on Indy films, but there was only one or two people interested. If you want I can do it too.

After looking at your Paranoid Park review, I can tell.Smile

Have you seen a movie called Bitch Slap? With Julia Voth. I wouldn't mind seeing a review for that one, it's sort of indy.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:21 pm

I apologize if the review was mean, I was just trying to help you with it being taken more seriously.

Please let me know if you thought I was too harsh, I kind of feel bad for the review now, but at the same time, I am hoping you take some of what I said, and use it to flatten out the kinks.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

After looking at your Paranoid Park review, I can tell.Smile

Have you seen a movie called Bitch Slap? With Julia Voth. I wouldn't mind seeing a review for that one, it's sort of indy.

Ahhhahaha i wrote Paranoid Park a long time ago... It has bad grammar and its not properly punctuated; and I've sat through 40 minutes of Bitch Slap just cause of Julia Voth. The movie was so stupid from beginning to that point I hit. But when Julia Voth started making out with Erin Cummings, I just cut it off right there.
Back to top Go down
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks Joker for your review! You seemed like you didn't like it.... but then you gave it a 7/10 lol

We definitely took the more comedic route. With low budget flicks the serious route usually comes off forced and unbearable, so I didn't want to take myself too seriously.

There are 3 soldiers in the scene, the others are survivors or stragglers that they picked up on the way.

I'm glad that it can at least hold peoples attention. I don't think a fan film this long or elaborate has been done before?

Your review was very helpful since our first screening is June 30th and leaves us time to make changes.

One thing I'll say in defense about camera angles is that when making independent stuff you can try things that hollywood would never be bold enough to do. That was fun Smile

Mercy wrote:

I'll need the email address you use for youtube.

Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:57 am

I'm not saying I didn't like it, I was saying it was good, but some things are a bit over played.

The camera angles are just hard to watch, they don't really focus on one thing so I have no idea whats going on.

I gave it a 7/10 because I did like, but it did have it's flaws.

I am glad that my review was helpful.

When you're first screening takes place I will gladly review the entire film.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Mercy wrote:
Ahhhahaha i wrote Paranoid Park a long time ago... It has bad grammar and its not properly punctuated; and I've sat through 40 minutes of Bitch Slap just cause of Julia Voth. The movie was so stupid from beginning to that point I hit. But when Julia Voth started making out with Erin Cummings, I just cut it off right there.

I sat through the whole thing. I've got it on DVD in fact, and have also watched it with Commentary. I didn't like it that much, but it was at least watchable, I guess.

It really wasn't that good though. But....they didn't make it seem like it was going to be anything other than what it actually was, so I guess we can respect that.

For gratuitous sex, violence, language, etc., it wasn't the worst. I will admit though, the only reason I watched it, the only one, was for Julia.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:19 pm

To quote nite, Jolia Voth is my everything.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:23 pm

weskersbarber wrote:

I thought he said that about Jamesy?
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

Yes but I switched Jamesy and julia about.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:32 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

She is my everything too.Smile Or she is my everything, first.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

She is our everything
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:23 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

She is our everything

You think Jill is that kind of girl?
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:31 am

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

She is our everything

Yes .
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:56 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

She is our everything

Yes .

She did have that odd scene in UC, with the zombie, in front of Carlos....

Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Lucky zombie eh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next