HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)

Go down 
+4
Spike991
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
badgonegood
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:35 am

Hello everyone Smile I'm still new here so I was very weary of posting this. Not because of a fear of criticism, but because I hate it when people join a forum just to promote themselves... then you never hear from them again. I am a happy member of the UpcomingHorrorMovies.com website for many years and now I wish that I had found ResidentEvilForums.net much sooner. Due to the fact that 95% of the movie has already been filmed and that this Saturday is our last day of production... it's pretty much too late. Luckily a moderator here gave me their blessings and said that I should go ahead and post it. Here it goes...

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) 2z565pt

Plot Summary:

Parallel to the events of Resident Evil Zero & Resident Evil 1.

Unknown to Bravo Team, a strange mutation outbreak occurs in the next town over, miles away from Racoon City. Dr. Norfleet, an Umbrella scientist gone rogue, has been hiding within the town and experimenting with medicines. The towns borders have been sealed to keep the incident isolated and kept secret. After all, only 300 people live there. Their underground safe haven sends out a special tactical unit to search the surrounding area for survivors.

On their way to find Bravo Team, Jill Valentine & Chris Redfield stumble upon several witnesses who were able to escape the small town, but before they could fully understand the information given to them... the survivors are killed... and they will soon understand once Bravo Team is located.

Teaser Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veqJ32JY09U

Production:

We I first began this project I had intentions of making a movie entirely based on the RE franchise. Due to budget, things were not going well. For 6 months I was getting nowhere. A friend of mine often reminded me that if I had made a RE movie I would not be able to profit, or tour the film festival market with it due to copyright.

So... I eventually gave up and started writing my own all original zombie movie simply called "Safe Haven". A zombie movie entirely unrelated to RE that could stand on it's own, copyright free with no links to capcom.

Once I that was shot, I started writing "bonus scenes". Scenes that could link to the RE franchise, but also easily be removed in the event that the movie gets picked up for distribution. By doing so, the free online version of the movie would still be considered a RE fan film, and the DVD version would simply be Safe Haven, an Effrem J. Adams Film.

It got a bit tricky. Some characters had to say their lines twice. One for my all original version of the film, and then again (but using capcom references) for the RE version of the film. Making it double the editing and post production work Shocked

Our first private local screening of "Safe Haven" will be June 30th. Then the free RE evil fan version of the film will be put online for viewing after that.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:13 pm

I hope everything turns out well. Even if their are some plot points that don't make total sense in the canon of RE, it could still be viewed as a fun movie. Especially if it doesn't crap all over RE like Anderson's films did. Anyway, one question, when would Chris and Jill have had time to run into survivors from this other town? Within minutes of landing in the forest to search for Bravo, they were attacked and inside the mansion.
Back to top Go down
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 3:33 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I hope everything turns out well. Even if their are some plot points that don't make total sense in the canon of RE, it could still be viewed as a fun movie. Especially if it doesn't crap all over RE like Anderson's films did. Anyway, one question, when would Chris and Jill have had time to run into survivors from this other town? Within minutes of landing in the forest to search for Bravo, they were attacked and inside the mansion.

I like to think that movie time, video game time, and real life time all differ Wink In a movie, those few minutes in which they landed in the forest to search for Bravo could be drawn out into 45 minutes if one wanted.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Well...not really lol. Since what we see in the cutscene at the beginning of RE1 (REmake version) is exactly what is canon in RE. And the cutscene never allows for a time skip where we don't know what they are doing. We are with them the whole time and there was definitely no mention of any other people, and there is no way that they would leave survivors there. And if the survivors get attacked by a BOW and killed (which would explain their absence in the game) then that attack would be what set the STARS into running instead of the attack on Joseph Frost, which would be noncanon. ORRR, if the survivors go off on their own after encountering Chris and Jill, it would be illogical, as they are both law enforcement and would see those survivors as potential suspects in the recent murders and would take them into custody. There just really isn't any way to retrofit something into that time period of the games without destroying the canon. I'm not trying to be an ass, but I'm just letting you know that this stuff is going to be brought up by any RE fan worth his/her salt.
Back to top Go down
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:44 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Well...not really lol. Since what we see in the cutscene at the beginning of RE1 (REmake version) is exactly what is canon in RE. And the cutscene never allows for a time skip where we don't know what they are doing. We are with them the whole time and there was definitely no mention of any other people, and there is no way that they would leave survivors there. And if the survivors get attacked by a BOW and killed (which would explain their absence in the game) then that attack would be what set the STARS into running instead of the attack on Joseph Frost, which would be noncanon. ORRR, if the survivors go off on their own after encountering Chris and Jill, it would be illogical, as they are both law enforcement and would see those survivors as potential suspects in the recent murders and would take them into custody. There just really isn't any way to retrofit something into that time period of the games without destroying the canon. I'm not trying to be an ass, but I'm just letting you know that this stuff is going to be brought up by any RE fan worth his/her salt.

Oh your talking about the remake.... haha. I always thought it was interesting how games sort of follow the same trends as films now. More cut scenes, remakes, focus on graphics, and story lines.

And with films now having less character development in place of more action... it's almost as if you go to the theatre to watch a video game... and you play a video game to get a decent story. They're switching places, hahaha

Heck, they even did Resident Evil Zero the prequel, a trend that Hollywood can't seem to let go as of recently either lol

You'll find that other things will be non-cannon as well. For instance, in the movie there are both slow walking zombies as well as running ones.

As an artist I have to please myself first and fans second. After all, no ones paying me Very Happy I think we're all just waiting on that perfect RE film that's just never gonna happen. Well except Degeneration. But I meant live action.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:44 am

I agree that movies are just going downhill these days and video games are becoming more and more involved and I love that. Well, I can respect your film being somewhat non-canon. I mean, it's very long (for a fan film) and it would be unthinkably difficult to make two versions like you did. Will you also post the non-RE version of the film for us? Also, I just have to say that my philosophy is the opposite of yours. I've always thought that the fans should come first, even before yourself. After all, if I were an artist, I would not be making anything for myself (well maybe a little Wink ). I would be making things so they could be admired. And you really aren't anything without fans. Like Johnny Depp has said, "The fans are my boss."
Back to top Go down
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:42 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I agree that movies are just going downhill these days and video games are becoming more and more involved and I love that. Well, I can respect your film being somewhat non-canon. I mean, it's very long (for a fan film) and it would be unthinkably difficult to make two versions like you did. Will you also post the non-RE version of the film for us? Also, I just have to say that my philosophy is the opposite of yours. I've always thought that the fans should come first, even before yourself. After all, if I were an artist, I would not be making anything for myself (well maybe a little Wink ). I would be making things so they could be admired. And you really aren't anything without fans. Like Johnny Depp has said, "The fans are my boss."

I don't see why both versions can't be posted...

The movie consists of mostly my friends and a couple actors off of craigslist. We did this simply for fun, and most importantly to practice our craft. They wanted to practice their acting, and I wanted to practice with my new toys and editing skills. It cost less than $100 bucks to make. Now I have something to hopefully find a job or more work within the film community.

If I had a real budget, with a solid canon story, and access to better equipment then yes, fans would definitely come first. But for one to please fans they have to... actually HAVE some lol. No one knows me. If this movie were to obtain a following then I certainly wouldn't mind taking a shot at producing something more within the canon of the Resident Evil story we all know Smile I love video games, anime, and comics. Lots of content out there worth producing if you want to get some practice directing.

Next month we're gonna tackle Streets of Rage, and Mortal Kombat Very Happy

Here is our Scorpion....

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) L
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:47 am

badgonegood wrote:
Oh your talking about the remake.... haha. I always thought it was interesting how games sort of follow the same trends as films now. More cut scenes, remakes, focus on graphics, and story lines.
Didn't the same thing happen in the original cutscene too? My guess is it could have happened BEFORE Joseph found the hand and they had to run to "safety".

Nice Scorpion, btw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
badgonegood wrote:
Didn't the same thing happen in the original cutscene too? My guess is it could have happened BEFORE Joseph found the hand and they had to run to "safety".

Nice Scorpion, btw.

But everything I said about taking the people into custody, etc. still applies. That Scorpion is pretty epic. I can imagine the fight scenes are going to be a bitch to choreograph. I've done it before, and it's pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:43 pm

Oh, just thought I'd mention, I got to play that new MK. A friend of mine has it on Ps3.

I played Scorpion at first, and was pleased that I knew the, "Get over here" move, since it's the same as previous games. It's really fun.

Sub Zero owns too.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Sub Zero owns BIG time.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:57 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Sub Zero owns BIG time.

Have you played it?

I thought he took too much time, before shooting his ice, or shooting it on the ground.

The ice sculpture of himself thing worked quickly enough.

One of the people I was playing againts was playing as...the black ninja...was it smoke or Noob Saibot....IDK, he looks like Raiden from MGS though.

He was whoring out the smokeball thing, where it hits your feet and you end up right in front of him.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:00 am

You're probably talking about Smoke. Noob is completely black. Smoke has grey in him.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:04 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
You're probably talking about Smoke. Noob is completely black. Smoke has grey in him.

In the new MK, this guy has long grey hair, making him look exactly like Raiden from MGS. One of those was the robot right. Also, if you aren't talking about the new MK, then you might not get it from the appearance.

I remember Noob from MK3 on SNES. I remember a robot, that one was Smoke right?

Cyrax was one of the other robots....the yellow one, but there was also a red one.
Back to top Go down
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:59 am

^ The red robot is Sektor

When most people talk about Smoke they usually refer to the Silver/Gray robot.

However Noob Saibot (all black ninja) is in my film....

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:09 am

Whoa! Noob is looking cool!

@Spike: The ninja with long gray hair in the newest MK is Smoke in his human form.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Whoa! Noob is looking cool!

@Spike: The ninja with long gray hair in the newest MK is Smoke in his human form.

Right. I was actually discussing that with somebody earlier today.Smile

I was describing that character and we came up with the same conclusion.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Indeed. The new MK changes everything. Everything. And yeah, that Noob looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:09 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Indeed. The new MK changes everything. Everything. And yeah, that Noob looks nice.

The new game changes everything?

Also, did anybody else notice that the new MK doesn't have Quan Chi, or at least I didn't see him. Qaun Chi looks like Pinhead from Hellraiser, just wanted to point that out.

I didn't think the new game was so different from the earlier games.

It really plays quite similar. I loved that when I played as Scorpion, I knew a couple of his moves by heart, from MK & MK3.

Of course, most of the moves are the same button combos anyway. For any character.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:18 pm

He's there. He's a big part of the story. And yes it changes everything, as of right now,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:20 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
He's there. He's a big part of the story. And yes it changes everything, as of right now,
Spoiler:

Now I only played a bit of arcade against other people, so I don't know anything about the story.....

I don't understand at all....perhaps I'll just wait until I play through.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:35 am

Isn't the newest MK like a remake of the original trilogy?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Kind of. I can't explain it without ruining the story.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:30 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Thanks for not doing that, I still haven't got my copy :/ It's ordered though, there are just so many orders on it that it takes time.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Thanks for not doing that, I still haven't got my copy :/ It's ordered though, there are just so many orders on it that it takes time.

I know the feeling. I just ordered a couple of DVD's off of amazon, and I hate waiting. I mean....I want immediate results.

Trilogy? Like the first 3...I don't remember Quan Chi being part of the first 3.

If you want to fill me in Nite, you could PM me, I don't mind having the story ruined. I never played MK for the story anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)   Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Mission To Safe Haven (80 Minute Film already completed)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next