HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?

Go down 
+40
Ben4Mieko
Voltius
umegames
Kino_00
ThomVD
RebelliousQueen
Outbreakgirl
00biohazard
kevdliu
Ghost Leader
toddx77
Sargent D
Bub537
The Knife
Cyberote
Monster Mash
Lupus Caelestis
GreggKennedy
ClaireRedfield18
hewitt204
jay397
chocotricks
The Joker
FullMetalWesker
Vandal
Mcghie
HarshlyCritical
ace.redfield
Jacen Dex
Lukong
lessermaster
nekronuke
Methsia
NiteKrawler
RaviorStygian
JamTyrantH
Jamesy
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Spike991
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:28 am

chris could be slow at times though. i thought weskers moves obviously were awsome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:34 am

Agreed, that Wekser was da bomb de bomb in RE 5
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:46 am

The Joker wrote:
Agreed, that Wekser was da bomb de bomb in RE 5

No just no. Spikes rant on Wesker in re5 and his thread sums him up nicely.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:49 am

In my opinion he was the best part of RE 5. and I was pretty pissed when I had to kill my favorite character.
I agree that his voice acting could have been better, and a lot of his moves seemed cheap, but like everything in RE 5 he had his flaws.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:20 am

The Joker wrote:
In my opinion he was the best part of RE 5. and I was pretty pissed when I had to kill my favorite character.
I agree that his voice acting could have been better, and a lot of his moves seemed cheap, but like everything in RE 5 he had his flaws.

His moves in RE5 are basically a rip off from the matrix and isnt vintage Wesker.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:22 am

And it could be argued that everything from RE 5 is a rip off of something.
I agree that his moves branch very far away from his first set of powers we see, but if he wasn't wearing that Cloak looking coat, he would not have the giant rip off look he has.

If he did not do those constant back bends he might be able to keep some wekser in him too.

But he warps around like Night Crawler from X-men, which was cool for me at first.

Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:18 am

Did someone say Night Crawler?
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:19 am

Yeah
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I liked the move where chris killed someone by breaking there kneck that was realy cool.
remember that it was initially HUNK's move in mercs
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I liked the move where chris killed someone by breaking there kneck that was realy cool.
remember that it was initially HUNK's move in mercs

Yeah, I remember, but it was a little different, as it started from the front, just as cool though.

@Joker, he was a totall ripoff....of just, stuff he wasn't before. His flaws in RE5, are different from his flaws in other games. Instead of having human, or just characteristic flaws, like being greedy or a sociopath or something that makes him interesting, the major flaws, were a crappy voice(provided by no other than DC Douglas), horribly unfitting martial arts & gymnastics moves. Not to mention one move on the plane, that looked like some sort of Eddie breakdancing move....how unfitting for somebody like Wesker. Look at it like this, if you look at your grandfather, could you imagine him doing those types of moves? No, of course not. Same with Wesker, it was just unfitting. I mean now everyone knows it as part of his character, but it wasn't like that, allow me to direct you to my new thread just for this type of situation Joker.

It's post 3 by the way, but feel free to read the other two if you like.

http://www.residentevilforums.net/t2593-spike-s-rants-not-up-for-debate
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Didn't think his voice was that bad, and in all honesty Resident Evil 5 was a shitload of things resident evil as an entire series was not.

Just like RE 4 it went outside some of the original content and added new things. Some of them sucked in my opinion, but over all it was an alright game. As I have said numerous times before, it's not my favorite, but I still play it over sometimes,

As for characters being nothing like they used to be, I would not have imagined chris would become a greek god of body building, and jill kinda fell flat for me in RE 5. I have already read your rants. You make valid points.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:58 pm

All three of them?

As far as Chris goes, I think he's developed very naturally, as a character, IDK how natural his bodybuilding business was, but I doubt storoid will be named as the reasoning there. Chris I think has developed very well from RE1, considering all the stuff between, and comparing the likeness, personality and everything about his earliest role to now. His voice was an improvement.

Jill....well she didn't have much of a role, and certainly took a back seat to Sheva. She possibly did fall a little flat, but considering what she's working with, the smaller screen time and all, that one is understandable.

As for Wesker, his voice is that bad. In RE5, & UC & DSC anyway. It's just so fake and horrible sounding, to the point where I find it annoying everytime. I mean, even if you take away how annoyed it makes me, it still sounds really fake.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:08 pm

His voice was meant to fit the flamboyant transformation I suppose. Everything about Wekser seemed unreal in the game, his moves, his abilities which changed drastically I will admit, and his constant slicked back hair.

Chris did have good development, I just did not enjoy him in RE 5 as much as I did in RE 1

Sheva, in my opinion was boring, and did not deserve to take spotlight over Jill. Jill should have had more screen time, even though she had 2 games all to herself. I liked her in RE 3, and I thought her character developed smoothly in the two games RE 3 and RE 1

as for Wekser, RE 1 (Remake) is my favorite, he is so cool and collected, which just made you afraid that he knew a little too much about what was going on, to be on your side. I mean even if I didn't know the storyline by the time I played the REmake I still would have guessed he would betray me, as for the voice, every voice in RE 1 (PS version) was awful, but lets face it, for the time it was great. We look back at it now, and think "Wow those people sound so boring" but back then voice acting in video games was still developing.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:14 pm

I suppose that all makes sense. The character just took a really over-the-top, ridiculous turn. Since it happened to one of my favs, it really hit me hard. I get annoyed just thinking about him in RE5, UC, DSC...I can't stand it.

Chris was awesome in REmake, I really liked him there. I think the more normal sized Chris was the coolest. The voice and all for RE5 Chris, it was so great that I can't help but like it. It had the maturity of Joe Whyte from the REmake, and the younger action quality of Chris from CVX, Michael Fipowich I believe it was....

Jill, she doesn't deserve to take a backseat to anyone, what the hell was Capcom thinking????? Well, if you've read my Sheva Rant, then you probably know what their reasoning was.

Actually, I didn't like her in RE3...I mean the voice. Catherine Disher...she just sounded....IDK. I loved her voice in the REmake, Heidi Anderson(who played a role in Killer7 if I remember correctly), she had a cute, femenin, youthful, yet mature, voice. The chich in RE5, who was also in UC, Patricia Ja Lee, is really good too, though sounds more youthful than Jill from REmake...
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:17 pm

I agree that wekser should have stayed a normal Bad ass like in CVX. He was lighting fast, but he was not ridiculously invincible. Chris as a normal sized person was my favorite too, remake was the best, he was so caring, and nurturing with Rebecca while still maintaining a cool tone and being able to take whatever was dished at him.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:23 pm

The Joker wrote:
I agree that wekser should have stayed a normal Bad ass like in CVX. He was lighting fast, but he was not ridiculously invincible. Chris as a normal sized person was my favorite too, remake was the best, he was so caring, and nurturing with Rebecca while still maintaining a cool tone and being able to take whatever was dished at him.

Speaking of Chris from the REmake, Joe Whyte, the guy that did his voice, also did a few others. Richard is the other one that I remember....the guy who voiced Barry(can't remember his name though) did a few as well.

I never saw Wesker as a 'badass'. I mean, he was badass, in how cool he was. I liked how normal he seemed. How human, and not relating to the inhuman features later with the virus he had and all.

Just, the little things that made him a cool character, seemed to be dropped, in favor of high flying, gymnastic, sommersaults, barrel rolls, trenchcoats, etc....

I hope we get some more from Chris, before he bulked up. I mean, like in prequels & flashbacks. Just being able to play as that Chris again would be cool. His small part in the CVX section of DSC was really nice, especially since Roger Craig Smith did the voice, returning from RE5 of course.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Wekser is just my favorite hands down, I would have made my name Albert Wekser, but some inactive member went ahead and used it. The dude hasnt been on since 2008 Evil or Very Mad

I agree I want to see more of what happened in between games. Some flashbacks haha. I want to see Chris and Leon team up some day, maybe have rebecca come back I mean where the hell is she!?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:32 pm

The Joker wrote:
Wekser is just my favorite hands down, I would have made my name Albert Wekser, but some inactive member went ahead and used it. The dude hasnt been on since 2008 Evil or Very Mad

I agree I want to see more of what happened in between games. Some flashbacks haha. I want to see Chris and Leon team up some day, maybe have rebecca come back I mean where the hell is she!?

She's killing Majini in Mercs Reunion.....along with Barry. We haven't heard anything from them in forever, something would be nice though, and I don't mean a cameo in an RE5 minigame, but an actual, legit appearance and role in a future RE game.

Albert Wesker....how unoriginal, good thing you didn't get that one huh? I would hate having to call you Wesker or something. I mean with Weskersbarber, it's just easy enough to call him Barber, so I can deal with that.Smile

Joker is good though. I mean, don't you have a handle, username, gamertag that you use universally? Or is Joker it?

There is still the time between 1998(RE1) & probably around 2004 or even early 2005, for some younger, more average sized Chris....they could do it.Smile
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:35 pm

If you look for "weirdozzy" you will find me everywhere

That is my universal Username ;P

yeah Chris needs to tone down on the P90x
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:37 pm

The Joker wrote:
If you look for "weirdozzy" you will find me everywhere

That is my universal Username ;P

yeah Chris needs to tone down on the P90x

P90X, that isn't the one with Ronnie from the Jersey Shore is it? The one where he's standing there all akward...

Weirdrozzy, gotcha.Smile

Sometimes people use other names...I personally like to stick with one thing though.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Weird - ozzy
Weirdozzy

Mainly seen around sites like
Youtube
VAC
VAA
Wii Zelda (Site I work for)
I Zelda (Another site I work for)
Interpals

he is a wild creature and should not be approached
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:43 pm

The Joker wrote:
Weird - ozzy
Weirdozzy

Mainly seen around sites like
Youtube
VAC
VAA
Wii Zelda (Site I work for)
I Zelda (Another site I work for)
Interpals

he is a wild creature and should not be approached

I may give you a holler on Youtube.Smile

Ozzy, as in Osbourne, that guy is a creature, who can't be understood.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Well feel free

I have not made my newest demo tape so I would advise not watching my videos. Most of them were made when I was still FFFFAAAATTTTT
and I have lost quite a bit of body mass since then. Well...gained I guess, but now I look like a muscled person, not a fat kid.
I also make videos on

NostalgicNintendoMav.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:56 pm

The Joker wrote:
Well feel free

I have not made my newest demo tape so I would advise not watching my videos. Most of them were made when I was still FFFFAAAATTTTT
and I have lost quite a bit of body mass since then. Well...gained I guess, but now I look like a muscled person, not a fat kid.
I also make videos on

NostalgicNintendoMav.

Hmmm....well if you are a VA, then you probably know how cool weight can make your voice sound. Orsen Welles, Richard Waugh, etc. Obviously age too, like Simon Templeman, Michael Bell, the late Tony Jay.

Have you noticed a difference in your voice quality, since losing the extra weight.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:02 am

I didn't do Voice acting when I was over weight

and Obviously puberty changed my voice completely Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next