HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories

Go down 
+6
ghoroob f3
Revan XI9
NiteKrawler
Reede1991
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 pm

What do you think of the upcoming movie and will you be seeing it? For me the movie is a must since it's story is from SH3 (the best story thus far in my opinion). I felt like doing this now that we have the name for the movie and the new game coming. This also goes for the discussion on the game, Downpour.

Talking about Downpour, the game is looking amazing. Hopefully they have made it throughly enough this time, Homecoming had too many bugs on release. I still wonder what kind of game it's going to be since I heard that water plays a big part in the game (sounds similar to how ice played part in Shattered Memories).

Some facts I found for the game:
-You only use 1 weapon at a time and they break
-Murphy can get scared (don't really know how this affects gameplay)
-He can miss if the player isn't accurate enough
-The otherworld is not going to be like previous Silent Hill games
-Characters can be different based on your actions (in what way? who knows)
-The game has side quests and exploration

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 10/6/11: A new title has been announced and it will be called Silent Hill: Book of Memories. All that is known about the game at this point is that it's going to be released on the PlayStation Vita and it will feature a multiplayer mode.

UPDATE 23/7/11: Silent Hill is getting HD remastered versions similar to Resident Evil Revival Selection! Titled Silent Hill HD Collection it will feature both SH2 and SH3 and will be released on PS3 only. In addition to being HD remastered the games will be getting all new voice acting and trophy support. Articles at [Gamespot] and [Gamesradar].

UPDATE 25/7/11: Also a link on [Joystiq] about the HD Collection. Thanks to RaviorStygian for this!

UPDATE 30/7/11: An interview with Downpour producer Devin Shatsky: [link]

UPDATE 19/8/11: New footage of the upcoming titles at Gamescom. This post was getting crowded so you can find them [here].

UPDATE 24/11/11: Silent Hill 2 HD to contain the original voices! Read the full article here: [link]

UPDATE: Release dates for the games. The Silent Hill HD Collection will be releasing on January 24th; Silent Hill: Book of Memories will release a month later in February; Lastly, Silent Hill: Downpour the next entry in the series will release March 6th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some videos:

The game sure looks interesting.

Weird that the movie has a similar name to the latest RE title...

UPDATE: New trailer:

..and new announcements:

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Ill be giving the film a watch but ill wait to see what the reviews are like for the game first.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:09 am

my faith in silent hill might be restored
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:02 am

What made you lose faith in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:53 pm

pretty much every game after three. homecoming really got my hopes up... and then after i beat it six hours later i was mad i even spent money on the fucking thing. it was buggy, un-scary, and ridiculously easy... exactly what silent hill should not be. dont get me wrong, i love the series. silent hill 2 is in my top five of all time, alongside REmake, Ocarina of Time, FFVII, and SSB Melee. but everything started getting really crappy after sh3. its kind of sad really.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Either you're being too critical or I'm just being my unbiased self Very Happy

Anyway, I actually found the game relatively hard/scary and the bugs had been patched when I got the game. I played it on normal, I think, and in a dark room at night. Maybe some of those made my experience different? 5 felt more like the originals than 4, at least. The Room had a great story but it sure wasn't as scary (well, the ghosts were, but you know what I mean). 0rigins on the other hand had all the right elements but was too short/easy. Shattered Memories is easily dismissed since it's just a reimagining.

I won't get you wrong, don't worry. I've heared other people who like SH say that too.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
pretty much every game after three. homecoming really got my hopes up... and then after i beat it six hours later i was mad i even spent money on the fucking thing. it was buggy, un-scary, and ridiculously easy... exactly what silent hill should not be. dont get me wrong, i love the series. silent hill 2 is in my top five of all time, alongside REmake, Ocarina of Time, FFVII, and SSB Melee. but everything started getting really crappy after sh3. its kind of sad really.

Ocarina of Time, FFVII, and SSBM are probably the 3 most well received games by gamers in general. I don't count the FPS retards who only care about Halo, Gears, and CoD.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Reede1991 wrote:

Ocarina of Time, FFVII, and SSBM are probably the 3 most well received games by gamers in general. I don't count the FPS retards who only care about Halo, Gears, and CoD.

okay...? i like FPS games as a way to pass the time, but very few of them really got me hooked... other than resistance... anyway, thats why there are no fps titles in the games that i can pick up at literally any time and play without getting tired of them
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 am

I'm really looking forward to the next movie. As the filming is expected to begin on March 7, 2011 and end on May 6, 2011 we'll propably get the movie at the end of this year.

"Silent Hill is not a blockbuster game like Resident Evil or the other games out there. It's a connoisseurs' game. It has its own, rabid fan base. They're not cheap, these things. You have to appeal not only to the gamers, you have to appeal to a wider audience."
-Don Carmody, the movies' producer

Now why doesn't Anderson think like that D:
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
As the filming is expected to begin on March 7, 2011 and end on May 6, 2011

Well that's a trick.

Mass Distraction wrote:
"Silent Hill is not a blockbuster game like Resident Evil or the other games out there. It's a connoisseurs' game. It has its own, rabid fan base. They're not cheap, these things. You have to appeal not only to the gamers, you have to appeal to a wider audience."
-Don Carmody, the movies' producer

Now why doesn't Anderson think like that D:

He does. That's the problem.
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Reede1991 wrote:

okay...? i like FPS games as a way to pass the time, but very few of them really got me hooked... other than resistance... anyway, thats why there are no fps titles in the games that i can pick up at literally any time and play without getting tired of them

You have never played Half-Life 2 have you?
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:45 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
As the filming is expected to begin on March 7, 2011 and end on May 6, 2011

Well that's a trick.
I don't get it. My english speaking part sometimes gets blocked...
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Revan XI9 wrote:
Reede1991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Reede1991 wrote:

yeah, i have. it was fun and all in all a really great game, but it never really got me hooked. i had way more fun with TF2 and portal. valve is sort of like blizzard, its hard for them to put out a bad game
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
Revan XI9 wrote:
Reede1991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Reede1991 wrote:

yeah, i have. it was fun and all in all a really great game, but it never really got me hooked. i had way more fun with TF2 and portal. valve is sort of like blizzard, its hard for them to put out a bad game

Hmm good point.
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
ghoroob f3
Cerberus
Cerberus
ghoroob f3

Playstation Network AFN5-code

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:02 am

Silent Hill has amazing stories and I think that
there will be little differences in the movie from the
original story .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:12 pm

ghoroob f3 wrote:
Silent Hill has amazing stories and I think that
there will be little differences in the movie from the
original story .
Yeah, at least they try to stick with the original story. Unlike a certain movie series...
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:49 am

I'm not sure if I'd want to class SM as a proper Silent Hill game, but to each their own.

I'm probably not the major fan that I was, so a new Silent Hill game may be what I need to build up my interest again. But I'm gonna try and lay off the news outlets for a while. I really don't like certain gaming websites, as they often post unmarked spoilers and sometimes give away the surprises. I know a lot of people maybe are impatient and like being fed small bits of factual content before a game comes out, but for me. I prefer waiting. And we're only having to wait another 8-9 months, so it's not long at all.

I find I enjoy games more and more if I don't know what to expect! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:13 am

I have the same feelings towards Shattered memories. I'd classify it as a non-canon spin-off. Good game though.

Quote :
I find I enjoy games more and more if I don't know what to expect! Very Happy
Amen.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:58 pm

At least they may have found an actress who can play Heather Mason, as it's meant to be announced soon. That lady is going to have some big shoes to fill. Video game Heather will NEVER be beaten.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:07 pm

New trailer is up! Check the original post!

EDIT: Also added an announcement video.

Just for fun, here's a thank you video to the fans. Includes some exclusive gameplay footage.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:43 pm

I will own the game, regardless. I really liked Homecoming and from what I've seen this new game looks promising.
The first movie was Meh... I imagine Ill see this one anyway. Probably own it when it comes out too.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:43 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
I will own the game, regardless. I really liked Homecoming and from what I've seen this new game looks promising.
The first movie was Meh... I imagine Ill see this one anyway. Probably own it when it comes out too.
Same here, although I thought the movie was amazing.

Hey, everyone interested in Silent Hill I have the following. A new title in the series has been announced and it will be called Silent Hill: Book of Memories.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:

Hey, everyone interested in Silent Hill I have the following. A new title in the series has been announced and it will be called Silent Hill: Book of Memories.

Any details??? I'm lazy and don't feel like searching lol.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:28 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:

Any details??? I'm lazy and don't feel like searching lol.
Nothing more than that it will be released on Vita and it will have multiplayer.

UPDATE: Mark from CGR plays Downpour at E3 and meets with the developers

Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Homecoming had too many bugs on release.
It did? I didn't notice any glitches when playing. Seriously there wasn't anything wrong with the game.

I just hope Downpour is long. Like, really long. Even if you know what to do. I also want a ton of side quests. Maybe have every building accessible. You know? Something big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories   Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill: Revelation, Downpour & Book of Memories
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next