HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:15 pm

The very first PS2 game I ever owned was Silent Hill 2. I was very young when it was first purchased by my family and I refused to play it but my mom did. Just watching my mom play it kept me from sleeping for nights on end. I don't know what ever happened to my copy of the game to be honest. To this day I still want to go back and play it. But here's where I can't decide what I want to do. I can either just try to find a copy of Silent Hill 2 on PS2 at my local Gamestop (since I own the older PS3 model which has backwards compatibility) or I could wait for the Silent Hill HD Collection to come out which features both Silent Hill 2 and 3. I've never played Silent Hill 3 either and I've heard it was great also so I don't think I would mind buying the collection that contained both. Plus since I never played through either games the whole voice actor change-up won't bother me. By the way the only Silent Hill game I own at the moment is the first one. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Bub537 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:00 am

If the change of voice actors doesn't bother you I'd say go for the HD collection. You will get two HD remastered games with that so at least the quality would be better.

The original version had a Making-Of DVD bundled with it but that was only in Europe.

I'm going to get the collection myself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 am

Every Silent Hill game has a jump scare. Razz

The original had a corpse in the locker that fell out.
Number 2 had a scream if you knocked on a bathroom stall in the prison.
Number 3 didn't have a jump scare.
The Room had a painting of the antagonist that damages you if you aren't careful.
Dunno 'bout 0rigins.
Homecoming had... Asphyxia, I guess.
Dunno 'bout SM.

I'd personally go for HD collection, if you don't care about the VA's.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:41 am

The Knife wrote:

The Room had a painting of the antagonist that damages you if you aren't careful.
Dunno 'bout 0rigins.
Dunno 'bout SM.
I don't think it's good saying every SH has jump scares as you mentioned 3 had none and you don't know about two of the games Very Happy Asphyxia wasn't a jump scare. She was the easiest boss in the game.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The Knife wrote:

Dunno 'bout 0rigins.
Dunno 'bout SM.
I don't think it's good saying every SH has jump scares as you mentioned 3 had none and you don't know about two of the games Very Happy Asphyxia wasn't a jump scare. She was the easiest boss in the game.

Oh really? She is a BITCH on either difficulty. Period. 3 didn't have any jump scares that I can remember.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:59 am

The Knife wrote:
Oh really? She is a BITCH on either difficulty. Period.
But... How? :O She doesn't even have much health.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm almost finished with SH1. I'm at the final boss. Does anyone know the release date for the HD collection? And can you buy them both physically and digitally? It just looked like you'd have to buy them bundled together physically on a single disc.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:38 am

I'm editing this post as the release date for the game is out now: The Silent Hill HD Collection will be releasing on January 24th.

Also on the news, Silent Hill 2 HD will contain the original voices now! You'll have an option to choose between the new and the old. Silent Hill 3, on the other hand, will only have the new voices. This was originally announced on Silent Hill's facebook page.

[Source]
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm editing this post as the release date for the game is out now: The Silent Hill HD Collection will be releasing on January 24th.

Also on the news, Silent Hill 2 HD will contain the original voices now! You'll have an option to choose between the new and the old. Silent Hill 3, on the other hand, will only have the new voices. This was originally announced on Silent Hill's facebook page.

[Source]

I saw that too. I was still considering checking it out. Especially now that they have the old voices back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?   Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill HD Collection?
Page 1 of 1