Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Wesker's Resurrection EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Wesker's Resurrection EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Wesker's Resurrection EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Wesker's Resurrection EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Wesker's Resurrection EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Wesker's Resurrection EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Wesker's Resurrection

Go down 
+7
Spike991
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
weskersbarber
Reede1991
BarryBurton
PAULSAMSON
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

Wesker's Resurrection Empty
PostSubject: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:46 pm

OK, I'm going to open a debate, given that everyone in this forum has all sorts of different opinions...here we go:
(I didn't find any capcom's official explanation on this one)
the starting question is this: Was Wesker really meant to die in RE1 just to reappear as "Super Wesker" in RECV???

My answer is: NO. Wesker was meant to die as a pathetic loser who tried to con Umbrella stealing everything, not only he failed but was "unexpectedly" murdered by his weapon of choice against stars. When I first played RE1, I thought it was a great twist, a double-crosser being murdered by the game's final boss. I didn't owned a PS2 until 2005 (never had DC or GC) so the first RE I played after survivor was RE4... In the game intro (actually it isn't the intro, is sort of a trailer that triggers after a moment if you don't press any button in the title screen) not only I saw Ada back (although she was in the back cover...duh) but wesker talking in a misterious room giving orders to Ada, I remember the exact line: "Take down anything that might interfere with our plans". So obviously I looked it up on the web and found the wesker report and everything. I loved it, one of my favorite character was back... But now, giving it a colder look at the situation, it was a weak move, and it is my oppinion that wesker was suppose to die in RE1. The Remake, of course, sets the game in a different way, not only making a little more obvious wesker's betrayal ("Chris, this way")but adding certain things, like the file that he's holding after the tyrant kills him.

Ada, on the other hand, was supposed to survive RE2, for the fact that she threw Leon the Rocket Launcher. But Wesker should have stayed dead. His character took a big detour that never stopped until Project W, which I think it is just stupid.

I'd like to know what is your oppinion on this, and if someone knows if the RE staff or Capcom made a statement regarding this subject...

Back to top Go down
BarryBurton
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
BarryBurton

Playstation Network BarrryBurton

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:51 pm

He is the Pyramid Head of the Resi world. Make of thay what you will!
I did find Wesker awesome in CVX, though, as well as Wesker S.T.A.R.S from RE1 and make.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:31 am

do i THINK that he should have died in re1... no. they might not have expected it to sell so well and make a sequel. it might have been their intention to bring him back if they had the opportunity to make the sequels. i think it was a planned move from the beginning. however you can see a zombie wesker on i believe the sega version. but, im having some trouble with your logistics.
Quote :
Ada, on the other hand, was supposed to survive RE2, for the fact that she threw Leon the Rocket Launcher. But Wesker should have stayed dead. His character took a big detour that never stopped until Project W, which I think it is just stupid.

by this logic, wesker survived also, to manipulate the story and drive the plot... for practically every game. i do agree that it became very silly at the end. but, hes dead now Smile

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:41 am

I meant that Ada was supposed to survive in RE2 because of the "clues" later in the same game proving that she didn't die, but wesker died in the mansion explosion.
What I want to say is that after you play RE2 is that you kinda know Ada is still alive, but when you first finish RE1 you have the feeling that Wesker died for sure
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:25 am

I loved the fact that wesker was rersurrected and the plan and the fact that he was a
willing to put himself ina situation where it was like 50/50 that he would not survive from the tyrant attack, just to get on over in umbrella. and it was years after before he showed up so it wasnt too soon and it was a great suprise. However I do think they took the superhuman thing too far in re5 with the matrix shit.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Who knows if they planned his resurrection from the beginning. But it doesn't matter because one of the greatest villains of all time was created because of it. And the Umbrella Chronicles show us that Wesker made it out of the mansion before it exploded. Any fan will say that him coming back was great. Most fans will say that RE5 ruined his character. I don't agree with his character being ruined, but whatever. The most important thing is that he is now dead for good.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:25 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Who knows if they planned his resurrection from the beginning. But it doesn't matter because one of the greatest villains of all time was created because of it. And the Umbrella Chronicles show us that Wesker made it out of the mansion before it exploded. Any fan will say that him coming back was great. Most fans will say that RE5 ruined his character. I don't agree with his character being ruined, but whatever. The most important thing is that he is now dead for good.
That about sums everything up. This is why I usually wait for you to post first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:04 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

There is no question that Wesker is one of the best video games villains of all times, but i wanted to know if you think it was planned from the beginning, that's all, I personally, as I put earlier, think it a was character that tried to steal from Umbrella, but he ended up with a sad death...but I also think that the resurrection and the story that he had all the way till he died in RE5 was great and I'm glad it happened cause it created a great videogame character. Even his role in RE5 is awesome, the uroboros and he trying to "purify" the world was also great, the silly part was the "Project W"
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:06 pm

I would argue that the Wesker Project was the least silly part of it all.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I would argue that the Wesker Project was the least silly part of it all.

That would be an interesting debate. My personal view on it, is that if the "Project W" is closed project with all the weskers dead, it is ok but I would never play a Resident Evil game that contains an Alex Wesker... that would be really stupid.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Why would that be stupid?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm

I think that because Capcom should create new villains and accept that wesker is dead
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Wesker is dead. Alex would be a new villain. The only link would be the last name, which wouldn't be his true last name anyway...
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Maybe you're right, time will tell... but if I see Alex wearing sunglasses....I'll cry, haha
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:09 pm

I really thought of Wesker as a great villain, but I have no opinion on his resurrection being planned or not since I didn't pay attention to the story until I came back to the older games at an older age (I wasn't too good in English as a kid, duh).

The Wesker Project is an interesting turn in the plot and I look forward to seeing Alex. For one, I don't think he looks, sounds or even acts anything like Albert so he'll be a completely new character.

Btw. I laughed when Magneto smashed Wesker's glasses off in the MvC3 trailer. Reminded me of the hangar battle in RE5. Maybe Alex will have regular glasses?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:44 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Quite right, we never know. I personally think he was dead, and in ways I might have preferred it that way.

I definately agree with him coming back the first time. And I also know that he was ruined in UC & RE5, whether it be lack of his "real" voice, Richard Waugh, replaced by somebody who decided to try his own thing with the character(which is fine, we don't want a carbon coby, but when he's experimenting(or not so, as he sounds exactly like he did in Buffy The Vampire Slayer on Xbox, which came out well before he took over the Wesker role), it is not cool to experiment with a cool important character), or maybe it was that combined with the changes in the character's personality, style, etc.

@Nite, you don't agree with it being ruined? What did you think of the character post RE4?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:47 pm

the UC voice actor for Wesker was horrible, the RE5 was okay, but I have always thought of Richard Waugh as Wesker, I'd like to know why they didn't use him on REmake
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:53 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
the UC voice actor for Wesker was horrible, the RE5 was okay, but I have always thought of Richard Waugh as Wesker, I'd like to know why they didn't use him on REmake

DC Douglas did the voice in both UC & RE5. I agree he improved, but that's really not saying much when he sounded so horrible to begin with. Mind you I think he sounds horrible as Wesker. In Buffy he did a pretty terrific job. He sounded fake and ingenuine in UC & RE5. Like he was reading off of a script, I can't stand it.

Peter Jessop in the REmake, he was great too, except he didn't overstay his welcome. If Douglas had only done UC, I could live with that, but taking over for RE5 and his role in DSC was too much.

They used an entirely new cast for REmake. I found Jill pretty enjoyable in that game, Heidi Anderson.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:56 pm

My curiosity of the exclusion of Richard Waugh as Wesker in REmake is because he was in RE0, since they were both pretty close in time
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:02 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
My curiosity of the exclusion of Richard Waugh as Wesker in REmake is because he was in RE0, since they were both pretty close in time

I'm sure that could be a reason, but everybody in REmake was new, also, nobody from the REmake returned to voice their characters in any previous games. I think it was Capcom's choice to use a bunch of people for a single, isolated project.

As much as Wesker has been ruined, I still have CVX, RE0 & RE4, as well as the Wesker's Report for my fix of a great character.

I think he was about as irreplacable as Sally Cahill or Allyson Court, shows what I know, hopefully neither of those two get replaced. Cahill was replaced temporarily in UC though, fortunately they brought her back for DSC to voice her character, Ada.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 pm

I wish they would have ended Wesker better, but his actual character was fine with me. I didn't mind the acrobatic stuff at all. I liked it. And I loved the fact that they brought philosophy into the mix with him. His view was that he was saving the world and all...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:16 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I wish they would have ended Wesker better, but his actual character was fine with me. I didn't mind the acrobatic stuff at all. I liked it. And I loved the fact that they brought philosophy into the mix with him. His view was that he was saving the world and all...

We all wish that.

I like consistency, and stuff that makes sense. Him doing all of the acrobatic stuff didn't really make any sense. I wouldn't expect Arnold Schwarzeneggar to do that kind of stuff, and I shouldn't have to with Wesker either. It's just too Matrixy. He wears sunglasses and fancies black, that's cool, but he avoided looking like a Matrix stereotype, at least to me, all the way up til he got the ridiculous trenchcoat, botht he one he wore for like 10 seconds in UC, and the leather one with a large slit up to the lower back in RE5.

The philosophical stuff was cool, only if it was his idea. He turned into a no brained, non original, copycat. Both in stealing Spencer's plans(basically), and the copying of the Matrix style moves and attire. So lame.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 pm

Like I said. I don't think he was ruined, but he could have been brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:23 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Like I said. I don't think he was ruined, but he could have been brilliant.

He could have been. It was just too many little things changed for me. Like if it was just one thing, I could deal with the other. I could deal with the voice if the personality and all was spot on, and alternatively I could still enjoy the new look and such, if it was Waugh doing the proper voice....

Capcom................
Back to top Go down
PixieSlick
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
PixieSlick

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Well I personally thought that the Wesker story was brilliant from beginning to end. But I also believe that they brought him back because they had to have a human mind behind all the zombies and monsters, that wouldn't die with each game. ahh Im looking foward for the next RE but w/ou wesker it wont be the same (IMO)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wesker's Resurrection   Wesker's Resurrection Empty

Back to top Go down

Wesker's Resurrection
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next