Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Silent Hill 8

Go down 
+5
BOBLATHON
Citers
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Regenerator
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 pm

the first game is really rare to find right now...Ebay is your best bet but it goes for a lot on there...SH has a creepy story but it isnt one of its strongpoints...it does have great characters, the music is awsome, and the files you find along the way are top notch...try it and you will see
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
heck yeah I do...it has the best scare moments out of any game I have played...each game has a different story but there are ties between the games...I highly recommend this series to anyone who hasnt played it yet

If I come across the first game, I will probably try to get it.

Does it really have all that RE does, and more? I mean RE is more than just story. While the story is one of it's largest, strong points, the characters, music, gameplay, files, it all works together to create an amazing experience.

It's almost an apples and oranges comparison, they are different games. I as a big time early RE fan I love SH because of the extreme survival horror element. Silent Hill uses alot more melee attacks and weapons than firearms which makes you "run for your life" more often than the RE's do. And because of this, the fighting seems more intense to me. The SH franchise uses extremely low visibility to create an extreme amount of anxiety and suspense.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:38 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
heck yeah I do...it has the best scare moments out of any game I have played...each game has a different story but there are ties between the games...I highly recommend this series to anyone who hasnt played it yet

If I come across the first game, I will probably try to get it.

Does it really have all that RE does, and more? I mean RE is more than just story. While the story is one of it's largest, strong points, the characters, music, gameplay, files, it all works together to create an amazing experience.

It's almost an apples and oranges comparison, they are different games. I as a big time early RE fan I love SH because of the extreme survival horror element. Silent Hill uses alot more melee attacks and weapons than firearms which makes you "run for your life" more often than the RE's do. And because of this, the fighting seems more intense to me. The SH franchise uses extremely low visibility to create an extreme amount of anxiety and suspense.

That is exactly what I have thought about the two series. From what I've seen of SH, it definately seems more like you are less prepared to take on enemies.

It reminds me of playing Outbreak, running around, using mops and such...but yeah, the inability to handle a certain situation or enemy, it adds to the tension, horror & fear.

Obviously a zombie or ganado or majini aren't really a challenge, but when it's a horder of them, or perhaps something like a Hunter, Regenerator, or a Reaper, it definately puts you in a position where running might be the better option.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker_STARS
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Albert_Wesker_STARS

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:31 pm

It looks pretty good, I might check it out. I'd need to play The Room and Homecoming first though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Regenerator wrote:
the first game is really rare to find right now...Ebay is your best bet but it goes for a lot on there...SH has a creepy story but it isnt one of its strongpoints...it does have great characters, the music is awsome, and the files you find along the way are top notch...try it and you will see
The first game is actually not that rare here Very Happy I actually bought a copy as a present a few years back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:45 pm

well everyone here likes to scoop it up and collect it...it is a classic and one of the greatest for the ps1 so that is why it is very desired on Ebay
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Regenerator wrote:
well everyone here likes to scoop it up and collect it...it is a classic and one of the greatest for the ps1 so that is why it is very desired on Ebay

I wish I had kept my copies but I sold them with my PS2. The only games I hung on too were the Resident Evils. A mistake that will haunt me forever.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:49 am

Here are a lot less people who think some games as "classics". I really hate one thing in this country's gaming culture and that is: If it's older than one year, it shall never be played again since it's too old for our mass media minds.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:50 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

I wish I had kept my copies but I sold them with my PS2. The only games I hung on too were the Resident Evils. A mistake that will haunt me forever.
damn that sucks...im doing pretty good at hanging on to my collection...the biggest mistake I have ever made was getting rid of Doom for the Super NES
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:16 am

I wish I had hung on to every game and every system I had in my childhood. I miss playing MKI on Sega Genisis. ABACABB, if you know what that is, pat yourself on the back.
Back to top Go down
Citers
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Citers

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:37 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
I wish I had hung on to every game and every system I had in my childhood. I miss playing MKI on Sega Genisis. ABACABB, if you know what that is, pat yourself on the back.

Dont they have a metal band named after that now?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1097834915
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:52 pm

*pat pat* You know what I bought a few weeks ago? MK3 for PC Very Happy Was only 50c or something like that.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
*pat pat* You know what I bought a few weeks ago? MK3 for PC Very Happy Was only 50c or something like that.

That's awesome... Luckily I do still have my copies of MK3 and MK Trilogy for PSone. We regularly have drunken MK3 tournaments at a buddies house. I am super pumped about the new MK game coming out, I have waited years for them to abandon that shit 3D stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:16 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

That's awesome... Luckily I do still have my copies of MK3 and MK Trilogy for PSone. We regularly have drunken MK3 tournaments at a buddies house. I am super pumped about the new MK game coming out, I have waited years for them to abandon that shit 3D stuff.
What do you think of the movies and particularly the one that's supposedly coming?
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

What do you think of the movies and particularly the one that's supposedly coming?

The first movie.... it was ok, especially for a video game adaptation. The second movie was just pure garbage. The one that supposedly is coming out looks like an interesting take on the MK story but I have read it was just made by the guy as a sales pitch to actually make the full movie and isn't approved or in development as of now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 8   Silent Hill 8 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill 8
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3