Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Silent Hill 5: Homecoming

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
RaviorStygian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

Silent Hill 5: Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Wow. I just got this today and I cant stop playing it. It's got everything I could ever want in a Silent Hill game. Scary environments, interesting story, believable and awesome characters, awesome enemy design, and DANGEROUS ENEMIES! It's got everything the other Silent Hill games have but with more polish. This game is just . . . it's like a combination between Silent Hill and Resident Evil. It has Silent Hill's graphical design and story telling, but has enemies that have the aggressiveness of a typical Resident Evil creature.

I was going into this expecting everything to be easy like all of the reviews said, but so far it hasn't been easy. It's been a fun challenge, and every single enemy has delivered a scary adrenaline-pumping battle. Some of them I actually had to run away from because I simply couldn't fight all of them because my health was low, and that moment was really scary. Even enemies like the nurses are really dangerous. When they start rapidly swiping their knives, they become very dangerous. The one boss fight I have had so far was actually a genuinely fair first boss fight, but it wasn't extremely easy or anything. It presented a challenge that could only be beaten if you played well. You didn't just have to run around the enemy then stop to shoot. You had to be quick, and use strategy, selecting the best weapons for the situation.

That's another thing. Unlike other Silent Hill games, where once you get a weapon stronger than the others you stop using it. Here, every weapon has at least one advantage over the other weapons, making every weapon useful in their own way. For example: The knife is very useful when fighting very quick enemies (needlers) or when you have to attack very fast (such as the first boss' arm), and the axe is useful when you want to do some major damage to the slower or stunned enemies. Of course, the guns make quick work of any enemy, but there isn't too much ammo and I only use them when I'm desperate.

The controls are really good, too. The best in the series. Of course people say that it softens the difficulty, but it really doesn't at all. The game compensates for it by making the enemies even more dangerous and vicious. It also makes sense story-wise since Alex was in the military. Every fight feels fair, and none of the experienced is botched up due to poor controls or bad game design.

Another thing, the characters. Every character I have encountered so far has been believable and likeable. Especially Alex. Alex has easily become my favorite Silent Hill protagonist. He's so believable as a character. That jacket he wears is awesome, he's well voiced, and his facial expressions and reactions just make him an enjoyable character. He seems genuinely confused and shocked by everything that's happening. So do the other characters. They really acknowledge that there's something wrong going on, but not in the mild mannered sort of way. The reactions the people have are really believable, and that really adds to it's enjoyment factor. Also, when you have another character with you, they actually react like real people would. You know how Maria just stands there and watches as James fights enemies? What about that chick in Silent Hill 4? Well, Elle actually stands back and get's into a defensive stance and watches with concern as you fight enemies. Everything here just adds to how much I enjoy this game. It's really turning out to be my favorite. It just goes to show that reviews aren't always right.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:47 am

I already posted this on the "fear" thread but decided to move it here Very Happy

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Interesting... You haven't played Homecoming yet? That game will give you a rush, especially on hard Very Happy Some of the enemies just rape you. Especially Needlers, Schisms and the boss named Scarlet. The final boss felt a bit easy, though. Some enemies can also make surprise attacks.

It's funny how they were able to make the mobile games at least somewhat creepy. Not too common in mobile games.

Btw. Shattered Memories, for me, was the least scary entry to the series, then SH4. The first has been by far the scariest, then Homecoming.
I actually got SH5 today, and I'm really liking it! The enemies are dangerous and are actually a challenge to fight. However I heard it gets too easy once you get a gun, so I'll probably just use melee weapons if it gets too easy.

Also, I heard it was short, but just about every SH game is short so it doesn't really matter. As long as it has multiple endings (and I know it has to since there's branching dialogue) and other little extras, I'm fine.

Also, I really like Alex. Probably my favorite SH protagonist now. He's just cool for some reason, and I really love that army jacket. His voice is also pretty cool. He reminds me of Chris, actually. Funny how both are "5" games and both have almost equally detailed graphics.
The guns have really scarce ammo and the shotgun is pretty much essential in killing the Schisms. I hated those things. They don't work against Needlers unless you're really good at aiming, so be careful.

It does have multiple endings and you can get a longer ending if you get all the photos so be on a lookout for those.

Funny thing in this game is how it ties to 0rigins, as you are getting a lift in that game's protagonist's (Travis Grady) truck at the beginning.

My only complaint is the lack of a quickturn when retreating. Gonna go through this once more on normal (now that I have the Circular Saw) and try to get the UFO ending, then proceed to try it on hard mode. I'm so drooling for the next game...
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 am

Holy crap, that second boss was AWESOME!

AND SCARY!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 am

Oh yeah, Scarlet Very Happy I warned about her, didn't I?

I don't remember what the next boss was but Asphyxia was a let down, WAY too easy. The final boss was ok though.

Btw. Did you have a PS of any kind?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
don't remember what the next boss was but Asphyxia was a let down, WAY too easy.
I actually just beat him. I thought he was hard at first, but only at first. It was weird seeing a human centipede. At least it wasn't people's mouths sown onto the next person's anus.
Mass Distraction wrote:
I have a PS2. I have SH1, SH3, and SH4 for it, then SH2 for the Xbox. Oh, and Shattered Memories for the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:29 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
don't remember what the next boss was but Asphyxia was a let down, WAY too easy.
I actually just beat him. I thought he was hard at first, but only at first. It was weird seeing a human centipede. At least it wasn't people's mouths sown onto the next person's anus.
That was Asphyxia then.

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I have a PS2. I have SH1, SH3, and SH4 for it, then SH2 for the Xbox. Oh, and Shattered Memories for the Wii.
Nice. I was asking because I wanted to know if you're going to get 0rigins?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nice. I was asking because I wanted to know if you're going to get 0rigins?
I plan to, but I'm not sure which port I'm getting. If I get the PSP version, I'll have another game to play on the PSP, and it's apparently short length will feel more suitable. However, getting the PS2 version ensures better control and more cozy play.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:47 pm

I am addicted to this game. Bwahahahahaha. I can't live without this lol, SH Homecoming when i first see the gameplay and trailer of it, I was love at first sight.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:56 pm

this game was freaky as hell. I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:13 pm

00biohazard wrote:
It entertains me a lot, i got a funny moments when i was playing this hahaha
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:13 pm

00biohazard wrote:
It entertains me a lot, i got a funny moments when i was playing this hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:37 pm

This game had it's moments where I just wanted to go out and murder people because of how annoying and HARD it was. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Sargent D wrote:
This game had it's moments where I just wanted to go out and murder people because of how annoying and HARD it was. :evil:

I am gonna kill my neighbor cause this game is hard to beat. hahahaha. Im losing myself
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
I am gonna kill my neighbor cause this game is hard to beat. hahahaha. Im losing myself
Oooooh yeah. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:28 pm

I haven't played Homecoming in a while now. I own almost every Silent Hill game there is and this one in particular just made me so sad despite how much I enjoyed playing it. While the story behind it is awesome it's even more depressing then what was done to Alessa in my opinion. And that damn judge, what Alex did to her just wasn't enough either. Would've been kinda funny for him to have been limping a bit after taking a drill to the leg like he did, but no, he took it like a boss and kept right on walking like none of it ever happened. Energy Drink not included! Except for the Mayor, poor drunken fool. And the Doctor I won't even go into. Watching what they were all doing to their children just to keep that blasted town safe. *mummble*mummble*
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
I haven't played Homecoming in a while now. I own almost every Silent Hill game there is and this one in particular just made me so sad despite how much I enjoyed playing it. While the story behind it is awesome it's even more depressing then what was done to Alessa in my opinion. And that damn judge, what Alex did to her just wasn't enough either. Would've been kinda funny for him to have been limping a bit after taking a drill to the leg like he did, but no, he took it like a boss and kept right on walking like none of it ever happened. Energy Drink not included! Except for the Mayor, poor drunken fool. And the Doctor I won't even go into. Watching what they were all doing to their children just to keep that blasted town safe. *mummble*mummble*

Hey, Deadly you should try SH Homecoming..... Its horrible..... I see dead people..... ~hiding in the blanket~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill 5: Homecoming   Silent Hill 5: Homecoming Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill 5: Homecoming
Page 1 of 1