HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Most unexpected thing ever in RE

Go down 
+24
Patronum1121
ThomVD
Las_Fergus
AgentZero
Evil Rage42
Vandal
Mcghie
weskersbarber
Ghost Leader
StellaLuna
The Joker
ace.redfield
Neotris
K-Mart
NicemanCandy
OzwellESpencer
BOBLATHON
NiteKrawler
Superchris25
Regenerator
OrangeStorm
Mass Distraction
Spike991
xExcel
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Las_Fergus wrote:
I can't remember if it's in RE2 or RE3, but you know how when you open a door or go down stairs, you get a little action sequence, a door pops up on screen, the door swings open slowly, then the screen goes back to you in the next room?

Well, in 2 or 3, there's a part when you open a door, the screen changes and in the actual video sequence of the door opening, a female and male zombie come stumbling at you.

I was about 7 ... i SHIT myself!
At first I was confused but now I know what you are talking about! It's from RE2, right from the beginning. When you go to RPD through that cabin or whatever it was and tried to go back they come through the door. Am I correct?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:29 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
I can't remember if it's in RE2 or RE3, but you know how when you open a door or go down stairs, you get a little action sequence, a door pops up on screen, the door swings open slowly, then the screen goes back to you in the next room?

Well, in 2 or 3, there's a part when you open a door, the screen changes and in the actual video sequence of the door opening, a female and male zombie come stumbling at you.

I was about 7 ... i SHIT myself!
At first I was confused but now I know what you are talking about! It's from RE2, right from the beginning. When you go to RPD through that cabin or whatever it was and tried to go back they come through the door. Am I correct?
Yeah, you are.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:18 pm

kris wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:
I was not expecting those damn dogs to jump through the window in the L shaped corridor...... My 12 year old brain took a shit and my heart stopped for a minute.
RECV?

when i saw that i was like 7 i instintly turned my ps2 off and did not get back to that game for a week im all like"Ima play some DBZ

I think he meant RE1.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 am

Another unexpected thing (also scared the shit out of me) was in RECV, when you walk round the side of the cabin and the body gets dragged under the crawlspace. Even worse than that, was when I forgot about that incident, returned to the area and he dogs jumped out ... the dogs ALWAYS creep me out for some reason :'(
Back to top Go down
http://www.frequencymusic.wordpress.com
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:29 am

I kinda expected all the jump scares in REmake, but I still jumped at every single one of them Razz
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 am

ThomVD wrote:
I kinda expected all the jump scares in REmake, but I still jumped at every single one of them Razz

That's a good point actually. Can't believe I never thought of REmake when typing in this thread affraid

Crimson Heads really creeped the shit out of me ... I was NOT expecting this Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
Another unexpected thing (also scared the shit out of me) was in RECV, when you walk round the side of the cabin and the body gets dragged under the crawlspace. Even worse than that, was when I forgot about that incident, returned to the area and he dogs jumped out ... the dogs ALWAYS creep me out for some reason :'(
I really don't know why but I hate dogs in video games. As enemies, I mean. It doesn't matter what kind of dog like creature it is I just hate them so very much.

For the record, I love real dogs.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:02 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
I really don't know why but I hate dogs in video games. As enemies, I mean. It doesn't matter what kind of dog like creature it is I just hate them so very much.

Me too lol Razz

I did like the dogs in RE4 and RE5 though ... it was a nice little upgrade (alas another great thing stolen to make Jovovich and Anderson lots of money).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:

Me too lol Razz

I did like the dogs in RE4 and RE5 though ... it was a nice little upgrade (alas another great thing stolen to make Jovovich and Anderson lots of money).
The only dog I liked in RE4 was Hewie.

Any dog like enemy just creeps me out.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:

Me too lol Razz

Wasn't Hewie that dog in Haunting Ground?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:

Me too lol Razz

Wasn't Hewie that dog in Haunting Ground?
Yep. That's the one. I just like to call the dog you save in the beginning Hewie.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

That's a good point actually. Can't believe I never thought of REmake when typing in this thread affraid

Crimson Heads really creeped the shit out of me ... I was NOT expecting this Embarassed

That's true. I did not expect the crimson heads either, for some reason I missed the file in the save room.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:37 am

ThomVD wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

That's true. I did not expect the crimson heads either, for some reason I missed the file in the save room.

Tell me about it!! They were indeed scary, however it detracts from the originals in the way that when you kill a zombie ... it stays dead.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Las_Fergus wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Tell me about it!! They were indeed scary, however it detracts from the originals in the way that when you kill a zombie ... it stays dead.

Well I walked through a hallway where I killed a zombie, and when he became a crimson head I was like WTF a super zombie?! There were like 5 of 'em when I finally found the file.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:54 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Well I walked through a hallway where I killed a zombie, and when he became a crimson head I was like WTF a super zombie?! There were like 5 of 'em when I finally found the file.

Lmao, I bet that was a nice little shock for you. It's when one RAN at me I totally lost the will to live, crawled up into a ball and begged for redemption :'(
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:40 am

REmake was the scariest RE game IMO.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:59 am

Mine would have to be the first time I played RE2, I was playing the B scenario as Leon. I'd just solved the chariot wheel gear puzzle. Mr. X came crashing through the wall. o_o I grabbed the gear and ran out. Then he crashed through a wall again. o_o I nearly dropped the controller both times.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 am

Patronum1121 wrote:
Mine would have to be the first time I played RE2, I was playing the B scenario as Leon. I'd just solved the chariot wheel gear puzzle. Mr. X came crashing through the wall. o_o I grabbed the gear and ran out. Then he crashed through a wall again. o_o I nearly dropped the controller both times.

The first time I played the original RE1 was my scariest RE experience back then, but that was because I was so young. If I play or watch it now I always laugh and I can't understand why it scared me so much. I think the REmake is still scary.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:12 am

Well, since the first Resident Evil game I played was the Wii Version of Resident Evil 4, my perspective may be different.

The only one I can think of at the moment is how the classic RE games controlled. The second RE game I ever played was REmake, and I was so surprised at how the game controlled. I hated it at first. I was wondering if there was something wrong with my game. I soon learned that there wasn't anything wrong with it, and that it was only something that took some time to get use to. It's like the battle system of Chrono Trigger, there is a learning curve, but its a pretty short one and is actually easy to get use to. Once I got use to it, it became second nature to me. Now even if I haven't played REmake-3, or Silent Hill 2 for a long time, I can immediately get into it.

Plot wise, I would have to say Steve dying was my biggest surprise. This is because my first experience with the Code Veronica story was in the Darkside Chronicles. In that interpretation of the story, Steve is made more of a main character, and it felt unlikely that he would be killed off. I didn't even think of the possibility when playing.

Hopefully he's still alive, but I wouldn't count on it.

Another big shocker was that people didn't think RE5 was scary enough. Pffft. Okay, so the location wasn't that scary, but the actual enemies were. Yeah, maybe once you upgrade all of your guns and replay through the story it isn't too scary, but when you first start out with only a pistol (a weak one at that) some ammo, and a really awfully programmed Ai partner, that executioner and that first chainsaw majini are terrifying. Oh, and let's not forget that second encounter with that Uroborus prototype thing. Geezum. Surprised RE5 may not be scary like all of the previous games, but it's scary in a different way. And even if that weren't true, it's still really fun to play.

And if it counts, Mercenaries can be really scary when you have a high score but you're almost dead with a minuet left. Especially in the prison.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 5:55 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:

Plot wise, I would have to say Steve dying was my biggest surprise. This is because my first experience with the Code Veronica story was in the Darkside Chronicles. In that interpretation of the story, Steve is made more of a main character, and it felt unlikely that he would be killed off. I didn't even think of the possibility when playing.

Hopefully he's still alive, but I wouldn't count on it.

Another big shocker was that people didn't think RE5 was scary enough. Pffft. Okay, so the location wasn't that scary, but the actual enemies were. Yeah, maybe once you upgrade all of your guns and replay through the story it isn't too scary, but when you first start out with only a pistol (a weak one at that) some ammo, and a really awfully programmed Ai partner, that executioner and that first chainsaw majini are terrifying. Oh, and let's not forget that second encounter with that Uroborus prototype thing. Geezum. Surprised RE5 may not be scary like all of the previous games, but it's scary in a different way. And even if that weren't true, it's still really fun to play.

And if it counts, Mercenaries can be really scary when you have a high score but you're almost dead with a minuet left. Especially in the prison.

Agreed about Steve. I already knew the spoiler when I played Darkside Chronicles and Code: Veronica, but the death seems... off compared to the other characters' deaths. Villains die in this series almost all the time at any point, normally at the end in a giant explosion, Saddler, Wesker, Birkin, Mr. X, etc. or somehow being symbolic, such as Excella becoming Uroboros Aheri or Alfred dragging himself to Alexia before death. Sometimes both, like Alexia. The supporting protagonists tend to die quickly after being introduced. Manuela's doesn't count, since Krauser's special ending confirms that she lived.

In this series, a well done death scene is rare and gives one the vague feeling that something's up. (It may be due to how Ada's "death" was done well enough, then she came back.) What makes it worse (and much more fertile ground for fan speculation) is that Code: Veronica X makes his death ambiguous, due to Wesker, when it originally wasn't.

Yeah, don't forget the Reapers and hordes of Lickers help with RE5. Popokarimu is also a scary boss. I guess it's more of a panicky feel with it and Mercs. The music helps a lot, too. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:28 am

Oh hi Ravior, haven't seen you in a while Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:08 am

My 2 most shocking moments were...
A.I didn't expect to see a zombie vomit and kill me when I was 4.
B.I ran into a room to get to a supply crate and as I'm running back out there are 3 zombies chasing me,so I dodge everyone of them until...the door's lock is jammed.Safe to say I died.lol

Funniest RE moment,
I told my roomate that the crocs in RE5 could be killed with the machete.He believed me.lol
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:19 am

Mine was Wesker being a super villain in the original. I didn't have internet back in 98 when i was first playing it and i was like wtf? how could he do this!!!

After that I got smarter and kind of learned to always expect the unexpected with RE
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Patronum1121 wrote:
Yeah, don't forget the Reapers and hordes of Lickers help with RE5. Popokarimu is also a scary boss. I guess it's more of a panicky feel with it and Mercs. The music helps a lot, too. *shrugs*
Indeed. The reapers are scary because they're so hard to kill, and the lickers are scary because there's always so many of them.
Back to top Go down
Zombie_Military_Police
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Zombie_Military_Police

Playstation Network King_Snake89

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 am

In Resident Evil 2 when you shoot the zombies in half with the shotgun and they still keep crawlings after you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most unexpected thing ever in RE
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3