HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Most unexpected thing ever in RE

Go down 
+24
Patronum1121
ThomVD
Las_Fergus
AgentZero
Evil Rage42
Vandal
Mcghie
weskersbarber
Ghost Leader
StellaLuna
The Joker
ace.redfield
Neotris
K-Mart
NicemanCandy
OzwellESpencer
BOBLATHON
NiteKrawler
Superchris25
Regenerator
OrangeStorm
Mass Distraction
Spike991
xExcel
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Amaterasu from Okami to be exact. It was a she.

Random Haunting Grounds reference ftw!

Okami, that's the one. I knew I would recognize the name.
Back to top Go down
StellaLuna
Cerberus
Cerberus
StellaLuna

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:44 am

Oh, where do I start...

- When those dogs jump through the windows in RE1. I never ever go through that hallway again.
- Nemesis... Just... Nemesis. What makes it worse (better?) is that RE3 can be completely random at times. (I tihnk Nemmy's appearances are also randomized, too?)
- That freaking Licker jump scares in RE2. The one where you go up the ladder, and the one where it just bursts out the magic mirror. I mean, I don't even hate Lickers (I hate dogs and crows far more than any other RE monster) but god. Those freaked me out.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:43 am

I loved Nemesis

I kind of expected him...from the cover, but indeed he is very revolutionary
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:45 am

The most unexpected thing in Resident Evil is RE4 in general. Seriously, Capcom should be sued for sexually assaulting the RE franchise like that. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:37 am

I agree it was a drastic change. It was like they just started a whole new game

New camera angles
new enemies
New aiming system

Everything was new.

But I don't mind RE 4, In fact I am doing a speed run of it right now.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:01 am

The Joker wrote:

New camera angles
new enemies
New aiming system

Everything was new.

It needed an update. You cant have the same old camera angles all the time. you have to get with the flow.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:29 am

I didn't say I opposed it.

I just said that it was unexpected.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:50 am

Resident evil 1, reading the keepers diary getting chills and them bam zombie burst out of the closet and right up in your face lol, the dogs jumping through the windows, the first zombie, RE remake, the crimson heads, previous before the game out I knew nothing about them or that they were in the game and wondering what the hell was with all the kerosene cans in the rooms and shit myself when a zombie sprang to life and started running after me and clawing me, Re2 kendo's gunshop with the zombies smashing through the windows, the giant alligator jumping out the dump area and trying to eat your, birkin changing into his 3rd form after thinking yess I killed him so easy, ada taking a pot shot at you in the underground car park, I crapped it there as well lol, the crows flying through the windows, Mr.x bursting through one wall then when you escape down the corridor he burst through the second wall, marvin changing in the zombie going all purple (that was one the scenes that scared me the most) infact generally all scene's from RE were unexpected and gave everyone a fright, that hows good the game was it could create such intense emotions and was truly right to be labeled survival horror.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:49 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
The Joker wrote:

New camera angles
new enemies
New aiming system

Everything was new.

It needed an update. You cant have the same old camera angles all the time. you have to get with the flow.

Not really drastic. New camera? Yes, it's Over The Shoulder instead of a fixed camera angle. Is that a big deal or a drastic change, no, especially when considering that the control scheme is exactly the same. GC example, holding R still aims, A shoots, holding B allows for running. You still have to hold something to aim, and to run. Y is still inventory. I mean it still plays the same, people seem to forget that.

Aiming, yes it's there, we can now aim and kill an enemy based on where we shoot him, instead of how many times. I prefer that, and I'm sure most do too, but that isn't something that was a hugely drastic change, again, considering something from earlier in the series. CVX allowing for FPS mode with the sniper, as well as games like Survivor & Dead Aim utilizing aiming as well. Although DA moves around in 3rd Person, and aims in First person, it just seems so....obvious how natural all of the changes that were made are.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:59 am

Totally agreed there Spike. THere were more surprises in the scenes than in the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:43 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Totally agreed there Spike. THere were more surprises in the scenes than in the gameplay.

Bam, that's what I'm talking about.

I mean, there were new things, but there are always new things. Quick knife, cutscene button sequences, OTS, those are new, but not drastically knew.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:31 am

The walking is different, and I don't know why some people seem to think I am downtalking RE 4, I love the game, it was just really surprising to see all the things in a different perspective
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:45 am

The Joker wrote:
The walking is different, and I don't know why some people seem to think I am downtalking RE 4, I love the game, it was just really surprising to see all the things in a different perspective

But how different was it? Was the walking different?

Like how the walking was different in the REmake, versus CVX?

The walking wasn't really that different. I mean, in the REmake, did you notice how Chris holds his gun up, and when running he holds it down. It's the oppostite for Jill, holds it down, and runs with it up.

Leon in RE4, holds his gun up, and while running, it's still up.

I mean, movement is pretty much the same though. You are still pressing up to move forward, and back to move backward. There is no strafing, if you want to turn, you turn to the side. It's still very very tank like, and I think those things get overlooked, which is why I feel the need to point them out.

Joker, we've established that you didn't hate RE4, but there are still some...well obviously a few things where people seem to think it's still extremely different.

I'm hearing an, "RE4 is a totally different game, but I don't hate it for that" kind of thing here.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:52 am

I'm not talking about the Walking animation. The walking controll
In the older RE game you had press left, then forward if you wanted to go left, even if you were not facing forward you moved what ever direction you were facing. In RE4 you just walk in whatever direction when you press that way.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:56 am

The Joker wrote:
I'm not talking about the Walking animation. The walking controll
In the older RE game you had press left, then forward if you wanted to go left, even if you were not facing forward you moved what ever direction you were facing. In RE4 you just walk in whatever direction when you press that way.

Are you sure you have the right game? When walking, you don't move whichever way you want, you have to turn it in that direction....

If you want to turn left, you still would press left, then press forward. That's what I'm saying, it's still tank like. I mean, that's why the FPS fans and all the mainstream gamers find RE4 to be, archaic in ways, and that's one thing that they complain about. I wouldn't expect the RE fans to complain about something like that, that is still very RE....
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:57 am

But you can just press Up right and you will go that way
In the old RE's you would end up going in circles with that.

Don't get wrong I prefer the RE 4 controlls

I am just saying that it was kind of unexpected
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:59 am

I was playing Resident Evil 5 Mercernaries Reunion online, I was Barry and my friend was playing Rebecca. I just dropped a majini and did the Miranda Rights execution, Barry said "What IS this?!" I then heard Rebecca call out me in her taunt: "I'm Rebecca!"

Not really shocking, but I laughed so hard cause I didn't expect that.

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:05 am

The Joker wrote:
But you can just press Up right and you will go that way
In the old RE's you would end up going in circles with that.

Don't get wrong I prefer the RE 4 controlls

I am just saying that it was kind of unexpected

Now I'm going to have to go back and check for sure, but I'm pretty sure you're mistaken...perhaps taking one of RE5's less RE control schemes and forgetting how RE4 played?

Maybe you should go back and check too...since I actually don't have a copy of RE4 on me right now...
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:05 am

I played it this morning
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:10 am

The Joker wrote:
I played it this morning

I played it two seconds ago!

Either way, once I go back and play I'll post back here, but I'm pretty sure you are wrong, but if I am, I can admit it, I'll post back once I've figured it out.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:02 pm

The control for the old games and the new games are the same. The camera is just different. In the old games, I can run forward and left just like I can in RE4. In RE4, you cannot simply run left. You have to face that direction and then run, or what most people do, run forward while turning hard left which makes it a bit smoother. You can do the same thing in the old REs and in fact, you can turn sharper in the old REs.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
The control for the old games and the new games are the same. The camera is just different. In the old games, I can run forward and left just like I can in RE4. In RE4, you cannot simply run left. You have to face that direction and then run, or what most people do, run forward while turning hard left which makes it a bit smoother. You can do the same thing in the old REs and in fact, you can turn sharper in the old REs.

Right, I needed another person's opinion here. I'll still go back and check, but that's how I remember it too. It's like that in RE5 also, if you are playing the RE control scheme.
Back to top Go down
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:53 pm

THE ONLY TWO PARTS THAT REALLY SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME IS.......

1 - In RE2 where I was running down the hallway after getting the unicron medal, and the freaking zombie hands popped out of the windows and grabbed me.

2 - I got the cables for the shutters on the windows and a licker jumped through the magic mirror.

Ahhhh those were good times....
Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:28 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
I was not expecting those damn dogs to jump through the window in the L shaped corridor...... My 12 year old brain took a shit and my heart stopped for a minute.
RECV?

when i saw that i was like 7 i instintly turned my ps2 off and did not get back to that game for a week im all like"Ima play some DBZ
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:35 pm

I can't remember if it's in RE2 or RE3, but you know how when you open a door or go down stairs, you get a little action sequence, a door pops up on screen, the door swings open slowly, then the screen goes back to you in the next room?

Well, in 2 or 3, there's a part when you open a door, the screen changes and in the actual video sequence of the door opening, a female and male zombie come stumbling at you.

I was about 7 ... i SHIT myself!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frequencymusic.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most unexpected thing ever in RE   Most unexpected thing ever in RE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most unexpected thing ever in RE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next