HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Aww come on, besides the fact we all know Spike hates Douglas, you gotta give him credit for sounding the part of a maniacal super-villain that Capcom had made Wesker, and regardless Waugh always sounded overtly monotoned, never the less that being Wesker's personality then, it is off topic now but Spike? Did Capcom ever give a reason why Waugh was replaced or was he just not available? I don't think I'd blame Douglas for anything but making Wesker sound slightly British in certain scenes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Soul wrote:
Aww come on, besides the fact we all know Spike hates Douglas, you gotta give him credit for sounding the part of a maniacal super-villain that Capcom had made Wesker, and regardless Waugh always sounded overtly monotoned, never the less that being Wesker's personality then, it is off topic now but Spike? Did Capcom ever give a reason why Waugh was replaced or was he just not available? I don't think I'd blame Douglas for anything but making Wesker sound slightly British in certain scenes.

Capcom didn't seem to give a reason...although in an interview I read, however legitimate it may be, said that they had wanted to use non-union voice actors, or some nonsense.

DC Douglas isn't the only one to blame, as he had the problem of trying to mimic a character that already exists. I just wish he had done something that was more in his capabilities, as he has a weaker voice, and it shows.

It wasn't making him sound more british or anything, it just sounded fake. The way he enunciated and emphasized certain words, or letters in a word, just sounded really horrible. It might not sound bad to someone coming into the series with RE5, but if you knew Wesker before, you would see that it isn't the same.

About the way he emphasized words, "A new genesis is at hand, and I'll will be the creaTor", and many others in RE5 as well as UC. UC could be forgiven if it were his only role as the character, and because it was his first time, but by RE5 there was really no excuse.

Even Waugh sounded much better for his first time, in Code Veronica.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:39 pm

But can you really fault a character for his voice actor? Regardless of how insipid his voice was and how headache inducing it could be, especially after hearing the same lines a hundred times because you died each time, can that really be a fault on the character himself?

I'll admit I loathe DC Douglas' voice as much as you, because it just seems to grate on my skull when he talks, but Albert Wesker himself was an alright character. I little emotionless (unless he was being arrogant or just plain pissed off), very Neo-like, and a very pompous, but a pretty interesting character with unique dynamics involving Chris and Jill, due to their history.

It stands to reason that as a plotter who'd had his entire life orchestrated by Spencer, he'd be a little distant and very reluctant to show any emotion to anyone at all, because obviously he'd lived most of his life alone with the exception of Birkin, and he's kinda dead. >_>

the Neo thing was a little over the top, but I can't really think of any other way to make superhuman abilities look cool. They may have copied a movie character, but at least they copied a GOOD one, you know?

Naturally, due to the fact that he WAS superhuman and considered himself a god among mortals, he'd be very pompous and arrogant. He wasn't designed to be likeable, but contrarily a character who's supposed to be despised, who's supposed to make you hate him. So naturally he'd have quite a few not-so-likeable characteristics.

I loved how he interacted with Jill and Chris, especially Chris in RE5, because while he did seem intent on infecting the world with Uroboros (which, considering what happened to Excella and the mound of bodies, would seem to just create a gigantic Uroboros worm thing that covered pretty much the entire world, and who'd want to be the god of that?), the only thing he seemed to truly care about was Chris' death. He risks his own plan to make sure that Chris and Sheva die, and even gets so angry, so damn pissed at Chris for his refusal to die, that he infects himself with Uroboros in a last-ditch effort to kill him.

While I will agree the voice acting in later games was dreadful, Wesker himself was a very unique and interesting character that was well designed and certainly worthy of being in the games.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Technically, a character's voice is a huge part of the character him/her/itself. Therefore, I think the voice is an acceptable tool to judge the character with. I never had a problem with Wesker's voice though, that is Spike's department. I just humor him, since he humors me with Anderson's god awful beasts he passes off as movies. Razz Also, I think it is critical to understand that Wesker never knew his life was under the control of Spencer until the incident at Spencer's castle. So that wouldn't have been a factor bothering him, making him so distant and monotone. Oh, and of course he never actually injected himself with Uroboros. He just let it surround him for a temporary benefit to compensate for the lack of his usual superhuman powers.

EDIT: Also, I don't believe you inject Uroboros. It's a pathogen isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:33 am

Well, on the one hand, i said "inFect", not "inJect".

However, I would assume that Uroboros is at least possibly injected, considering that while we haven't actually seen anyone get injected with it, in the Mercenaries Reunion, Excella has a melee called "first aid" which injects something into the enemies which causes them to be surrounded by the same Uroboros-like worm things before exploding.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 am

Okay, even I myself strayed off-topic here, but back at it.
What would you guys even want if it was rebooted?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:45 am

does anyone else on here like weskers voice in the original re. i loved it because it made him sound more younger and american but also a cocky wee bastard.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Woops, thought it said inJected. I think it can be injected, as we saw during the second Uruburos battle, there was a sinister looking machine in the room that looked like it was used for more than just spraying a pathogen onto someone. But Wesker's version of it on the plane was definitely a pathogen because he needed to saturate the atmosphere with it. And lol at weskersbarber. I love when he says the word "wee" because it is so Irish.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Woops, thought it said inJected. I think it can be injected, as we saw during the second Uruburos battle, there was a sinister looking machine in the room that looked like it was used for more than just spraying a pathogen onto someone. But Wesker's version of it on the plane was definitely a pathogen because he needed to saturate the atmosphere with it. And lol at weskersbarber. I love when he says the word "wee" because it is so Irish.

well thanks nite. lol!
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Maybe it's either or? It could just need to enter the bloodstream, it doesn't matter how. The pathogen form is just easier for Wesker than individually injecting 6 billion plus people with it, but for isolated use injection is easier.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Could be.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:09 am

Makes the most sense to me. ^_^;
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
But can you really fault a character for his voice actor? Regardless of how insipid his voice was and how headache inducing it could be, especially after hearing the same lines a hundred times because you died each time, can that really be a fault on the character himself?

I'll admit I loathe DC Douglas' voice as much as you, because it just seems to grate on my skull when he talks, but Albert Wesker himself was an alright character. I little emotionless (unless he was being arrogant or just plain pissed off), very Neo-like, and a very pompous, but a pretty interesting character with unique dynamics involving Chris and Jill, due to their history.

It stands to reason that as a plotter who'd had his entire life orchestrated by Spencer, he'd be a little distant and very reluctant to show any emotion to anyone at all, because obviously he'd lived most of his life alone with the exception of Birkin, and he's kinda dead. >_>

the Neo thing was a little over the top, but I can't really think of any other way to make superhuman abilities look cool. They may have copied a movie character, but at least they copied a GOOD one, you know?

Naturally, due to the fact that he WAS superhuman and considered himself a god among mortals, he'd be very pompous and arrogant. He wasn't designed to be likeable, but contrarily a character who's supposed to be despised, who's supposed to make you hate him. So naturally he'd have quite a few not-so-likeable characteristics.

I loved how he interacted with Jill and Chris, especially Chris in RE5, because while he did seem intent on infecting the world with Uroboros (which, considering what happened to Excella and the mound of bodies, would seem to just create a gigantic Uroboros worm thing that covered pretty much the entire world, and who'd want to be the god of that?), the only thing he seemed to truly care about was Chris' death. He risks his own plan to make sure that Chris and Sheva die, and even gets so angry, so damn pissed at Chris for his refusal to die, that he infects himself with Uroboros in a last-ditch effort to kill him.

While I will agree the voice acting in later games was dreadful, Wesker himself was a very unique and interesting character that was well designed and certainly worthy of being in the games.

The voice is a legitimate complaint. I understand that he is a villian, thus should be dislikable, but only in certain ways, not because his voice actor was changed and the replacement sounds like two dinasaurs raping eachother.

His character was always cool, and his history with Chris, and even Jill, makes the series more interesting, just being able to see the characters with a history together meet up much later on and continue a rivalry, or partnership, but aside fromt he voice, many other things about Wesker's character were changed, and all of that together makes him very unlikable to me, not villian unlikable, but inconsistent and untrue.

Also, Wesker never seemed to make real strives to actually kill Chris in RE5. There was a fight here or there, but he just seemed to be pretty reluctant to actual go through with it. For instance, when Jill takes out Sheva with a kick(too bad it was temporary), then has Chris pinned on the ground, Wesker was more interested in leaving him to deal with Jill, even though he would have been able to kill Chris right then and there.

There seems to be a love hate relationship, hate from both, but a little bit of misguided love on Al's part. He is reluctant to actuallly go through with killing Chris, and it evens seems more pallatable for him to just leave him behind instead of actually going through with the kill, like when you fight him and Jill, or when you inject him with PG67-AW, he just leaves...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:27 pm

I think the reason he doesn't go through with killing Chris is because he thinks he is superior and striking the killing blow would show that Chris meant too much to him. Therefore, Wesker always leaves Chris to die at the hands of another, like Alexis and Jill, or even the ship exploding.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:09 pm

It could've just been that he never really had time. His plan with Uroboros had a certain schedule, and so he never really had time to really finish Chris. The first fight, between Wesker and Jill, Jill was still an important enough asset not to risk her life to kill Chris, as he'd have considered Chris worthless in his eyes.

And during the fight itself, he only had a few minutes before he had to go. As for the second battle, after being injected with PG67-AW, he was not just angry, but majorly weakened for the first time since he was killed by the Tyrant in RE1. He might've actually been worried for his own health for the first time in a long time, and so he tried to get the plane off the ground before Chris could potentially actually kill him.

And finally, by the time he crashed the plane into the volcano, he really was intent on killing Chris, so much so that he infected his own body with Uroboros and focused entirely on killing Chris and Sheva.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
It could've just been that he never really had time. His plan with Uroboros had a certain schedule, and so he never really had time to really finish Chris. The first fight, between Wesker and Jill, Jill was still an important enough asset not to risk her life to kill Chris, as he'd have considered Chris worthless in his eyes.

And during the fight itself, he only had a few minutes before he had to go. As for the second battle, after being injected with PG67-AW, he was not just angry, but majorly weakened for the first time since he was killed by the Tyrant in RE1. He might've actually been worried for his own health for the first time in a long time, and so he tried to get the plane off the ground before Chris could potentially actually kill him.

And finally, by the time he crashed the plane into the volcano, he really was intent on killing Chris, so much so that he infected his own body with Uroboros and focused entirely on killing Chris and Sheva.

Hey! I realized that you said "infect" rather than "inject" this time! lol. My reading comprehension must be going up. Razz
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:20 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Hey! I realized that you said "infect" rather than "inject" this time! lol. My reading comprehension must be going up. Razz

Haha, High five for you! cheers
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I think the reason he doesn't go through with killing Chris is because he thinks he is superior and striking the killing blow would show that Chris meant too much to him. Therefore, Wesker always leaves Chris to die at the hands of another, like Alexis and Jill, or even the ship exploding.

Well we can only guess to the psychology behind those actions. I don't think it had anything to do with time, but I don't think it had to do with showing emotion...

It almost seems to go back to the Bond villians, Dr. No sitting him down for a meal, or telling them their entire plan before killing them.Smile

Although not exactly like that, it is an idea that I like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2