HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series Empty
PostSubject: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 8:25 am

Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series Gotcha

Oh, I wish I could see PWNERX's face right now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 9:02 am

Anderson is my real last name, but I ain't related to him, thankfully! Razz
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 6:06 am

God damn it ghost! it'd not April. Wink Besides i beat you to it months ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/88t5cw/re_movie_news/
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 8:53 pm

"May" I remind you that I am right after April? Razz
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 7:11 am

White Rock wrote:
"May" I remind you that I am right after April? Razz

Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series Your-puns-are
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Out of all the movies, they're really not that great, but if I *HAD* to choose, I'd say the first two or three were not that bad.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 12:24 pm

White Rock wrote:
Out of all the movies, they're really not that great, but if I *HAD* to choose, I'd say the first two or three were not that bad.
The first one was great, well within the scope of the video games (at the time) and deserving to be called a Resident Evil game. The second one wasn't as good, but it still fell within the scope of what we saw in RE2 and RE3 and was respectful to its source material, IMO. I like the third one mainly because I'm a big Mad Max fan and it was essentially a horror-themed take on Max's post-oil world. Afterlife and Retribution were terrible, no other way about it. The Final Chapter was an improvement over Afterlife and Retribution, but still not as good as the first two. And the whole Wesker betrayal in the interval between Retribution and TFC should have been actually shown rather than picking up after the fact.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 5:43 pm

It kind of makes me wish George Romero and Lucio Fulci were still with us. They made GREAT films!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 6:22 pm

White Rock wrote:
It kind of makes me wish George Romero and Lucio Fulci were still with us. They made GREAT films!
Land of the Dead was terrible.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 10:38 pm

I recently watched 28 Days Later, and it's technically not a zombie film, but the premise is pretty much the same. If you haven't seen it, it's a British film about a guy who wakes up in a hospital and finds that London is seemingly abandoned. Turns out a virus spread by apes brought forth the end of civilization, but some people are still around and trying to cope with hiding from the infected. Good film!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Dang it, these kinds of topics are no fun without PWNERX here. Sad
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 6:29 am

I'll try and spread the word that this forum exists. Like you say, changing the link so often may have gotten so many people thinking it is gone.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 1:29 am

The first Resident Evil is still the best video game movie of all time. I wouldn't even mind if he really did continue it with a series.

Also yeah, we need to bring people back to this place. It's kinda lonely around here. Sad
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 8:21 pm

I do not think the films are as horrible as everyone says. They did very well at the box office. People liked them enough to go see every sequel.
Back to top Go down
Locksmith
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Locksmith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 11:42 am

Stop defending these horrible movies. People went to go see them because they are losers who are easily entertained.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Was there any movie in the series you did like? What do you think of the animated movies?
Back to top Go down
Locksmith
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Locksmith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 11:23 pm

I haven't seen Vendetta, but I remember enjoying Degeneration. It's been years since I've seen it but I got it on DVD here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 2:52 am

Locksmith wrote:
Stop defending these horrible movies. People went to go see them because they are losers who are easily entertained.
You're free to hold your own opinion of the films and no one's going to grief you over it, but the moment you start insulting or antagonizing people for feeling differently than you, you and I are going to have a problem and I solve problems here with lifetime bans.

Play nice.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 11:29 am

Well, Paul Anderson and his wife have finished with the movies. I can't say I'm all that interested for a new Netflix series, as we already have The Walking Dead, and it would be hard to get people to really take a big interest in yet another zombie show. Maybe time will tell, after all.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 12:27 pm

White Rock wrote:
Well, Paul Anderson and his wife have finished with the movies. I can't say I'm all that interested for a new Netflix series, as we already have The Walking Dead, and it would be hard to get people to really take a big interest in yet another zombie show. Maybe time will tell, after all.
I think there would be plenty of room for the two shows since they'd be significantly different from each other. TWD is a different kind of show, being more of a survival-themed drama with the zombie apocalypse as a backdrop for the human story being told. RE is more on the sci-fi side of things and eschews the personal lives of the human cast in favor of highlighting the fight against bio-terrorism.

Of course, that's assuming the production crew behind any potential RE TV series doesn't make it a prequel-type thing like Gotham.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 2:26 am

The animated movies must continue. They are, along with side story games, great ways to bring back characters that appear to have been forgotten by Capcom. It took them long enough to bring back Rebecca Chambers to the canon.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyWed May 08, 2019 12:00 am

White Rock wrote:
The animated movies must continue. They are, along with side story games, great ways to bring back characters that appear to have been forgotten by Capcom. It took them long enough to bring back Rebecca Chambers to the canon.
I definitely think they have a place, but any big-screen adaptions need to stand on their own or they'll only fail. Look at the Assassin's Creed film. It was a great movie ... if, like me, you played the games and knew the backstory. But the majority of viewers hadn't played the games and were left confused about the movie's connections to the games' continuity, thus resulting in mediocre reviews and profits.

So, when it comes to video game movies, you have two options:

A) Make them to target primarily the fans who played the game and will know what's going on, like the Capcom animated films, but expect a limited profit margin.
B) Make them stand alone in their own alternate universe, like the Anderson films did, so that they appeal to an audience beyond just the gamers who played the game, because more viewers = more revenue.

RE fans can kick, scream, whine, cry, and bitch all they want, but anyone who thinks the Capcom movies will gross anything even remotely near the $1.2 billion that the Anderson movies did is delusional. There's simply no way a big budget adaption is going to tie into the games' canon and bring in the amount of revenue needed to succeed.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptySun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm

We haven't seen Jill in years, so I hope she returns in the next movie. Gradually, they'll have to think about retiring these characters because of their age. It's a case of getting new characters people will find endearing, to carry the torch.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyMon May 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Why is the film series even needing a reboot? Seems like finales now are simply just a goodbye to a continuity instead of a full story's end.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series EmptyTue May 14, 2019 5:10 am

White Rock wrote:
We haven't seen Jill in years, so I hope she returns in the next movie. Gradually, they'll have to think about retiring these characters because of their age. It's a case of getting new characters people will find endearing, to carry the torch.
I would really like to see Jill team up with Claire in the next Capcom movie. We've seen Chris and Leon in RE6 and Vendetta (?), so it's about time to see Chris' platonic life partner and sister have a go.

Hot tub and clothes purely optional. Cool

Nobudy wrote:
Why is the film series even needing a reboot? Seems like finales now are simply just a goodbye to a continuity instead of a full story's end.
The Final Chapter closed out Alice's story nicely, so I don't see any need to bring her back. Her riding off into the horizon with BOWs chasing her was a great send off and I feel there's nothing more that needs to be told. Kind of like John Connor after Terminator Salvation, which I think is an incredibly underappreciated movie, but that's for another topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series   Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series
Page 1 of 1