HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Albert Weskers involvement!

Go down 
+4
nekronuke
weskersbarber
The mastAH!
Jamesy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Well they did say that Wesker would be getting a 'makeover' in RE5. A bit improbable how someone could change that much in the space of only 3 years but this Resident Evil Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 Icon_smile

I am sure he could give Neo a run for his money with the some of the flexible skills wesker had.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:09 pm

When they were fighting in the jet, I remember him jumping up on the ceiling like some sort of spider, and doing all kinds of wierd moves...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:04 am

Certainly could not have done those moves in the Remake.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:45 am

i think we can all agree that wesker was at his best during the early days when he seemed to be a normal guy with bad intentions.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 am

True in the early days his normal persona made him seem more mysterious. Shame in RE5 he turned into a stereotypical pantomine villian.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:50 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
i think we can all agree that wesker was at his best during the early days when he seemed to be a normal guy with bad intentions.

I have to agree there. I would have preferred that Wesker existed in RE1, and that whole relationship with him and Birkin in RE0, but he dies in RE1. That would be completely acceptable to me.

Thing is, CVX is where he came back, and he did it so well that I can't help but still love that he was around. This is where I think Jamesy made a good point, with him becoming a lame, stereotypical, monologing villian, in RE5 & of course UC, that is what makes me wish he hadn't come back...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Spike considering RE5 was his last game (well not really his last game speaking hypothetically) they could have made him seem a bit more less stereotypical and more like he was in RE1.

I am not saying it would be a brilliant idea to bring Wesker back from the dead because that would totally ruin the series credibilty, but if they did bring him back and change his whole personality to how it used to be would you be able to handle that spike?
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Spike considering RE5 was his last game (well not really his last game speaking hypothetically) they could have made him seem a bit more less stereotypical and more like he was in RE1.

I am not saying it would be a brilliant idea to bring Wesker back from the dead because that would totally ruin the series credibilty, but if they did bring him back and change his whole personality to how it used to be would you be able to handle that spike?

its too late to bring him back to normal after the state of him before he died in re5.there is no going back to human after that
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah but again this is RE anything can happen Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:38 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

its too late to bring him back to normal after the state of him before he died in re5.there is no going back to human after that

Agreed, they really couldn't bring him back, and if they did, I wouldn't like it, even if Waugh were doing to the voice, unless he were in a flashback or a prequel, but he is dead for good...especially since he has 'supposedley' died too many times.

I loved how they showed Spencer, and his cool villianous voice in addition to the life support system, making him very menacing, but I wasn't very satisfied with his death, and it would be cool if he survived, but I wouldn't want them to keep bringing everyone back...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:11 am

Well never say never. If Spencer did come back it could have been similar to how James Marcus came back from the dead.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 am

I hope he never comes back from the dead. The reason I even brought it up is because I thought that when he was explaining stuff to Wesker, even just before he was killed, he seemed very in control, like he didn't have anything to worry about. Almost as if he could have injected himself before getting impaled, only to be brought back...

Much like his benefactor, Wesker, but then again I was probably just making something out of nothing, but it is possible, but again, bringing everyone back from the dead gets old after awhile. We have already seen Wesker on more than one occasion die, and we have seen Ada die as well. "Long time no see Chris"-Wesker,CVX, "Leon, long time no see"-Ada, RE4...
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:41 am

when was the second time wesker was supposed to die.if my memory serves me right he has only 'died' once before re5.in cod veronica he didnt exactly die so i dont understand why people say that e has made too many comebacks.i think its the re series in general has too many people coming back from the dead and not just wesker
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Stupid as this sounds when I saw the first videos of Wesker in RE5 I thought he would survive the game and get away somehow. I was dissapointed and shocked by the ending of RE5 when I completed it almost a year ago but I kinda sensed he would kick the bucket when you boarded the tricell cargo ship towards the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:18 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
when was the second time wesker was supposed to die.if my memory serves me right he has only 'died' once before re5.in cod veronica he didnt exactly die so i dont understand why people say that e has made too many comebacks.i think its the re series in general has too many people coming back from the dead and not just wesker

He dies in the first game, during the Tyrant unveiling. He dies again in RE5, via the flashback, same with Jill, and he dies for real at the end of RE5, that is more than enough. As I said, we have had enough in the series, and for characters like Wesker, way more, obviously he has more credit to his name in terms of dying and coming back, more than anyone else anyway.

I too was dissapointed by his death, and his overall character in RE5. I liked the way they showed his speed and all, which looked way better than the Billion Dollar Man look to the speed in CVX, just missing the notorious sound effect.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Oh yeah Spike fogot about when he plummeted through the window in RE5.

I think what might happen in the future is that we will get a game where you can play Wesker for the first time as a playable character in one huge game devoted to him. Maybe the game could take place in the late 80's around the time James Marcus was assinated.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

He dies in the first game, during the Tyrant unveiling. He dies again in RE5, via the flashback, same with Jill, and he dies for real at the end of RE5, that is more than enough. As I said, we have had enough in the series, and for characters like Wesker, way more, obviously he has more credit to his name in terms of dying and coming back, more than anyone else anyway.

I too was dissapointed by his death, and his overall character in RE5. I liked the way they showed his speed and all, which looked way better than the Billion Dollar Man look to the speed in CVX, just missing the notorious sound effect.Smile

yeah i forgot about that flashback in re5.you dont forget much spike,not even the things that happened in the older games lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Oh yeah Spike fogot about when he plummeted through the window in RE5.

I think what might happen in the future is that we will get a game where you can play Wesker for the first time as a playable character in one huge game devoted to him. Maybe the game could take place in the late 80's around the time James Marcus was assinated.

Yeah, I devoted myself to being an RE fan.Smile Anyway, I have just about every game, minus Survivor 2, I had better know the others inside and out.

Anyway, about a game dedicated to Wesker...well there really wasn't much going on in the 80's...action wise. Not until 1998. As for a game being dedicated to him, I really found myself hating his character from the levels in UC. Not only the voice, but having him talk to himself the whole time, an occasional crappy laugh, as I have said before, his character was built for smaller roles.

Excuse a Star Wars referrence, but I think it is like Boba Fett, he is a great character, but he doesn't say much, and certainly was built for smaller roles, but he would make an awful protagonist.

I would love to see more of Wesker's character, via flashbacks, certainly in that 80's time period, I think it could be done pretty tastefully in a CG film...granted the director were Shinji Mikami, but he is no longer apart of Capcom.Sad
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Yeah but if Richard Waugh did his voice in a game dedicated to Wesker you would defnintly be interested woulden't you Spike?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yeah but if Richard Waugh did his voice in a game dedicated to Wesker you would defnintly be interested woulden't you Spike?

Obviously Waugh would make it more acceptable, but I just don't think his character is cut out for such a role...

At best, having something along the lines of 4th Survivor or Assignment Ada might work. Also, another reason Wesker was so cool, was probably how little we saw of him, so every time he did appear, it was a nice treat.Smile

Actually, with the exception of only a couple of characters, Capcom has been pretty smart, in using characters sparringly, like Chris, I was actually really exited to use him in RE5, as he appears pretty sporadically, with RE1, CVX, Operation TALOS. They hardly use a character so much to where I don't want to see them.

I will say that both Leon & Wesker have had their fair share of overpopularity in recent years, making them very dislikable to me personally, but once it dies down they can be appreciated again, and when someone like Paul Mercier is doing Leon's voice, it is hard to dislike seeing him.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Well I would not have really minded Wesker doing his own game if he acted like did in the RE1 Remake but certianly NOT how he was in Umbrella Chronicles. I would probably shoot my TV screen if he acted like a robot for the entire game.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:29 pm

I'd probably join you.Smile

DC Douglas just isn't cut out for the voice. He sounds quite a bit like Peter Jessop from the REmake, but then he is trying to sound like Waugh, and he overdoes it, makes it sounds fake and rehearsed, and he just has a much weaker voice...

Not to mention that after Waugh made the voice, his own unique voice, despite certain vocal stresses and mannerisms in speech, is the voice of the character too.

Everytime I play a game with Chris, like REmake or CVX, I am impressed even more, I think Roger Craig Smith did such a terrific job on Redfield's voice. It truly is the perfect blend of the mature Chris from the REmake, while still having the cool more emotional, action voice of Michael Fipowich from CVX. UC Chris is forgettable, but Roger really does such an amazing job, which is why I loved seeing him in Darkside, with the REmake Chris appearance, Code Veronica outfit, truly the perfect Chris.Wink

Anyway, this can also be said for Patricia Ja Lee(I think that is her name), who voices Jill in RE5 & UC. She isn't one of the best, and I am still getting used to her, but it does in fact sound like a blend of Heidi Anderson from REmake & Catherine Disher from RE3.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:43 pm

I think DC Douglas voice was at its most weakest in the part where you find Jill Valentine in RE5 and have to dodge Wesker for 7 mins.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I think DC Douglas voice was at its most weakest in the part where you find Jill Valentine in RE5 and have to dodge Wesker for 7 mins.

Weak and insecure. "The plan is in it's final stages and I will not tolerate delays!"

"Seven minutes, seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you", "Awww Therrr You Aare", "YOU SELF-RIGHTGOUSE FOOLS!", etc.

Or just enunciating and putting too much emphasis on every word in every sentence..."But now that your partner has arrived, I'll leave you two to catch up"...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:00 pm

The most cringeworthy was when he said "Your future hinges upon this fight" and side kicked Chris Redfield through the door. Perhaps a reference to when Wesker roundhouse kicked Chris in the RE1 Remake?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albert Weskers involvement!   Albert Weskers involvement! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Albert Weskers involvement!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next