HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Go down 
+32
Mcghie
greenblue
00biohazard
chrisredfielmusculo
gmc1992
Hollapeno
Valentine Fan
EQOAnostalgia
Mullet_Wesker
TwerkinBirkin
Kobalt
AzureSparkle
AWDCP
TeenWolf420
Bulls-3ye
DXP
Ssplain
sliced-bread-no2
RebelliousQueen
will1234562
sirjibbs323
TheBatMan
37 Narwhals
White Rock
PWNERX
DampRevil
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Ghost Leader
PAULSAMSON
Known_Hero
Vandal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Isn't that exactly what they have been doing with the main series as well?

To be fair RE 4 and 5 were both Plagus, with Wesker in the background of 4.
So they felt like they were apart of the main story, 6....went a bit off the rails.
But it still had enough familiar characters and plot lines to fit in, sort of.
And we've been stuck on the Chris/Leon train for awhile now in the main series.

Mass Distraction wrote:

Also, welcome to the forums.

Thanks Mass Distraction.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:24 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
I think my main problem with the dodge in RE3 and Rev is that it's mapped to the same controls that you'd normally be using at the moment anyway, so I'd try to aim/fire a gun in 3 or move in Rev and I'd dodge instead. I ended up dodging by accident more often than I did on purpose so it just felt random.

That's understandable. I hear that's it's no different in Revelations 2 though. I guess almost every action in the game is preformed using the "X" button on PS3/PS4 and the "A" button on the 360/Xbox One. That includes sprinting, climbing, quick turning, and dodging. Some of the players have said that the multipurpose functionality of one button has actually caused them to die.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I will be playing on the PC, but you are correct, Revelations had Shift key designated to walk which I used often.

Also not sure about on consoles, but Revelations on PC you could use the space bar to dodge and it worked very nicely! It was very addicting.
Ah, I didn't think about PC. On consoles it was on the left stick so any movement at all could trigger it

DampRevil wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
I think my main problem with the dodge in RE3 and Rev is that it's mapped to the same controls that you'd normally be using at the moment anyway, so I'd try to aim/fire a gun in 3 or move in Rev and I'd dodge instead. I ended up dodging by accident more often than I did on purpose so it just felt random.

That's understandable. I hear that's it's no different in Revelations 2 though. I guess almost every action in the game is preformed using the "X" button on PS3/PS4 and the "A" button on the 360/Xbox One. That includes sprinting, climbing, quick turning, and dodging. Some of the players have said that the multipurpose functionality of one button has actually caused them to die.

I actually found the controls in English. Dodge is on B/Circle now.:
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:13 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Isn't that exactly what they have been doing with the main series as well?

To be fair RE 4 and 5 were both Plagus, with Wesker in the background of 4.
So they felt like they were apart of the main story, 6....went a bit off the rails.
But it still had enough familiar characters and plot lines to fit in, sort of.
And we've been stuck on the Chris/Leon train for awhile now in the main series.

To be fair in RE5 the focus wasn't really the plaga anymore, it was Uroboros. That and pretty much every release since Umbrella Chronicles has had a new one-shot villain sans Albert. I don't especially mind this but I would much rather have a constant threat for at least a few titles, like Neo Umbrella or Alex Wesker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:04 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
I actually found the controls in English. Dodge is on B/Circle now.:
Nice find. From reading it, it sounds like it works exactly the same as the first Revelations. The dodge feature that is.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Urgh... I would much rather have a dodge mechanic that works when I need it to.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:43 am

It's a free dodge, like 6 just without the over-the-top combat rolls/crawling on the ground (or more specifically, like Dino Crisis 2 with more realistic animations). If you look at the first video I posted, she does a side step maneuver 20 seconds in, I'm pretty sure that's the dodge.

Also, I've found some game-play with sound. Claire sounds like Laura Bailey.

EDIT: Videos were removed from youtube.

EDIT 2: Here's another one with sound

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Others have mentioned that the woman also sounds like Ali Hillis. I asked both Laura Bailey and Ali Hillis yesterday if they provided the voice and they both said no. I'm assuming it's a new voice actress to the series. She just happens to sound like other voice actresses.
Back to top Go down
TeenWolf420
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TeenWolf420

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:29 pm

She loosley quotes Steve when she picks up the gun v.v
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:45 pm

So lets talk Afflicted, i here its not a virus that can be spread, but a process that transforms you.
Probably using all that torture equipment we strewn around the prison.
I think that's a rather original take on Resident Evil enemies, quite different from an Outbreak.

But what do you guys think, do you find them Cool, Scary, interesting.?
Any therories on where they come from/what they are?.
And what would you want in any future RE enemies.?
Something new or a return to a more classic group of B.O.W.'s

Personally i rather liked the Ooze, and wouldn't mind seeing T-Abyss get some more development.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:06 pm

I hadn't heard that about the Afflicted; could be interesting. So far I'm pretty neutral about them. From what I've seen so far they just seem like a mix between Zombies and Ganados, which isn't bad, but doesn't particularly excite me either (Zombies are ubiquitous these days). They'll probably have some kind of trick later on like the Crimson heads and Ganados which will hopefully help distinguish them from the other enemies.

I appreciate seeing the old enemies return every once in a while, like the Hunters and Tyrant in Rev1, but I mostly want to see new enemies. I also really hope they stay away from enemies with saws this time. It was cool in RE4 and the one in Rev1 was an interesting take on it, but overall I think it would've been better as a one off enemy and it feels formulaic.

I liked the Ooze too, they were unique and I quite liked the Deep-Sea theme they had.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:57 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
I also really hope they stay away from enemies with saws this time.

Oh God yes. I hadn't even thought of that. Hopefully they haven't either.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:43 am

DampRevil wrote:
Others have mentioned that the woman also sounds like Ali Hillis. I asked both Laura Bailey and Ali Hillis yesterday if they provided the voice and they both said no. I'm assuming it's a new voice actress to the series. She just happens to sound like other voice actresses.
I fucking love the new voice actress, I'd have sex with her voice. My opinion she's a lot better than Court, Court has too much of a younger and high pitched wooden tone.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:09 pm

Vandal wrote:
I fucking love the new voice actress, I'd have sex with her voice. My opinion she's a lot better than Court, Court has too much of a younger and high pitched wooden tone.
I am sad that Alyson is gone, but I really do love Claire's new voice. It seems to fit her nicely.

Bulls-3ye wrote:
So lets talk Afflicted, i here its not a virus that can be spread, but a process that transforms you.
Probably using all that torture equipment we strewn around the prison.
I think that's a rather original take on Resident Evil enemies, quite different from an Outbreak.

But what do you guys think, do you find them Cool, Scary, interesting.?
Any therories on where they come from/what they are?.
And what would you want in any future RE enemies.?
Something new or a return to a more classic group of B.O.W.'s

Personally i rather liked the Ooze, and wouldn't mind seeing T-Abyss get some more development.
I like the design for the Afflicted, it's definitely creepy. I was worried at first when it was said that they were fast moving and aggressive, but now that I've seen them in action, I think they're a nice enemy type. As it was already stated, the virus doesn't spread through contact. It'll be interesting to see how Capcom handles that.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:48 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I am sad that Alyson is gone, but I really do love Claire's new voice. It seems to fit her nicely.
Court's voice talents were good when Claire was a teenager. She wasn't a good fit in the first CGI film.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 3:09 pm

Ironic isn't it? Alyson Court is actually older than Claire, but she sounds too young to voice an older Claire.

On a different note, I was wondering if anyone else has questioned why Moira is opposed to firearms? I have a theory. I'm thinking that Moira killed her sister, Polly. Either accidentally or due to circumstances of a possible outbreak, I'm not really sure. Even Claire apologizes about forgetting what happened. I know it was confirmed that Moira joined Terra Save because of Claire, but maybe she also joined to fight against bio-terrorism in a non-combative way. That would go along with her opposition to firearms.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah Alyson's voice is quite squeaky and youthful, and Claire is supposed to be more mature now.
So i guess it makes sense to go with someone else, i'll definitely miss her though.

I am pleased with her new voice actress, she sounds really good, any word yet on who she is?.

I was thinking the exact same thing about Moira, it would have to be something pretty big.
Since she won't even take a gun to save her life, and i've heard that the Burton family
are important to the backstory but the production team seem hesitant to talk about Polly at all.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 11:19 pm

DampRevil wrote:

On a different note, I was wondering if anyone else has questioned why Moira is opposed to firearms? I have a theory. I'm thinking that Moira killed her sister, Polly. Either accidentally or due to circumstances of a possible outbreak, I'm not really sure. Even Claire apologizes about forgetting what happened. I know it was confirmed that Moira joined Terra Save because of Claire, but maybe she also joined to fight against bio-terrorism in a non-combative way. That would go along with her opposition to firearms.

My assumption has always being that since Barry is a member of the NRA, and loves firearms that means she's been around them all her life maybe that's why she hates them...I don't think she would have killed her own sister somehow that's just too damn depressive a thought to think. And info I got puts both sisters in this game so she can't be dead if she appears right?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:39 am

DampRevil wrote:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/resident_evil_revelations_2/b/playstation4/archive/2014/09/19/the-most-exciting-things-we-learned-about-resident-evil-revelations-2.aspx

You might be onto something.

DXP wrote:
And info I got puts both sisters in this game so she can't be dead if she appears right?

Unless it's a flashback.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
I was thinking the exact same thing about Moira, it would have to be something pretty big.
Since she won't even take a gun to save her life, and i've heard that the Burton family
are important to the backstory but the production team seem hesitant to talk about Polly at all.
There's probably a reason why the development team won't say anything about Polly. She obviously has some role in the story. Do I think she'll make an appearance? No. I'm sticking by my theory that Moira probably killed her. Like you mentioned, she won't even use a gun to save her life. Again, like you mentioned, it's going to be something big.

DXP wrote:
My assumption has always being that since Barry is a member of the NRA, and loves firearms that means she's been around them all her life maybe that's why she hates them...I don't think she would have killed her own sister somehow that's just too damn depressive a thought to think. And info I got puts both sisters in this game so she can't be dead if she appears right?
I've never heard that both Moira and Polly are in Revelations 2. Do you have a link to the source? I think her reason for not using a gun is going to be more than a simple annoyance of them. She won't even use a gun to protect herself, that's how you know there's a bigger reason behind it. While the thought may be depressive, it's true. Families don't last long in the Resident Evil series, except for the Redfield's. The whole Birkin family collapsed. Sherry was only 12 and had to deal with the death of both of her parents. Alfred used his own father as a guinea pig. After that, he went insane without Alexia. He eventually died in his sister's arms, and then she died as well. Steve had to kill his own dad to save Claire. Angela witnessed her brother transform right in front of her and then watched him fall to his death. The same situation happened with Helena and Deborah. To think Moira killed Polly isn't too far-fetched. It would actually be a more tame tragedy in the series.

Mass Distraction wrote:
You might be onto something.
Yeah, it just seems like an obvious outcome. I read the information you posted and it does seem like my theory may be likely.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Spread the Virus, get BSAA Chris and Jill   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:47 pm

http://game.capcom.com/campaign/biohd/en/index.html

Okay, so apparently if enough people want it, Capcom will add BSAA costumes for Chris and Jill in the new Resident Evil on Xbox One and Playstation 4, and so far, they're already at 95%. Just some news I thought I'd throw out there.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 4:21 pm

I already did! Woot woot! I got the virus in the mansion, if I remember correctly.

Btw. Why only Xbone and PS4? I was given the impression that the costumes would be available in all versions.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 7:33 am

Oh yeah they are. I just wanted to make it clear that it was for the new one coming out. Actually come to think of it, I should have just said that.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:21 am

Niiice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:39 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Rev 2 has a site now http://www.capcom.co.jp/rev2/. Nothing interesting on it yet, except the background may indicate that it'll be set on an island.

A prison island and Claire... I think I've heard a story like that before.

Hopefully it triggers bad memories for Claire about Steve. Perhaps flashbacks that will hinder the Player during gameplay? I can it as a evil mental torture experiment by the person who kidnapped her and Moira by having her basically relive the events of Code: Veronica. That would actually be fucked up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations 2
Page 7 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next