HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

Steam : Venoym

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Meanwhile, Billy Coen`s mother had fallen ill. *THOSE BASTARDS!*, he shouted to himself. Billy then decided to regroup with his old survival partner Rebecca.

Please hold your applaud I know im a genius. RE7 set up right there, send it into capcom.

That was pure gold, sir.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Mercy wrote:
I… I didn't say she was in only one game… I said she starred in one game. She made several other appearances, but she starred in one canon portion of the story. Thought I made that part clear. I know they don't have to make him her partner, but I would like to know what happened to him if Rebecca were to appear in the next title.

What Mass said is what I've been trying to say all this time, I'd much rather them use characters already established than tryin to come up with new characters. I mean Wesker's son? Jesus Christ, his backstory is so bad, it's like some bad Resident Evil fan fiction: he wants to support his mom so he decides to become a mercenary… that's so lame. If they had just used a different character or if it had been Alex, it would have made for a better character because they wouldn't have to waste manpower on coming up with some crap story for him.
Where did I say they needed to create new characters? I didn't. Never mind the irrelevant fact that the franchise can't continue without new characters in some capacity. Partner her with Barry or Ark, neither of which have been seen or heard from in story terms for the longest time and both far more relevant than Billy.

chocotricks wrote:
Meanwhile, Billy Coen`s mother had fallen ill. *THOSE BASTARDS!*, he shouted to himself. Billy then decided to regroup with his old survival partner Rebecca.

Please hold your applaud I know im a genius. RE7 set up right there, send it into capcom.
Then, 3 days later, he arrives at JFK International in Queens, New York, only to be spotted by armed--with assault rifles, no less--DHS agents and NYPD officers, recognized as a federal fugitive, cuffed, and carted off to a secure facility to await his execution.

I've just ended your RE7 before it even began.

Now how about you try connecting him using existing story elements instead of making up plot spackle? And start with how the fact that he's a fugitive of the US government wanted for execution on 23 counts of murder plays into that. Also, keep in mind that this is the world post-9/11 where border security is so tight that it's ridiculous, meaning you can't just waltz right back into the country without being seen or identified in some capacity.

Venoym wrote:
That was pure gold, sir.
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 The_Golden_Turd_Rapture
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm just saying that the new characters they've been coming up with is crap. Sheva and Jake are shit, their stories are weak. I'm sure Capcom can play around with Billy better than a new character. I'm not opposed to Ark or Barry teaming up with Rebecca if she were to be in the next game, as unlikely as her appearance in a canon story is.

I also said Rebecca would go searching for Billy, possibly outside the country. Plus, he's "dead" so he could have change his name, if he wanted to he could just go back to America. He wouldn't be that stupid.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Mercy wrote:
Yeah but if he were to appear in Resident Evil 7, that would just saturate the Resident Evil canon. In recent canon, he's been in Resident Evil 4, Degeneration, Damnation, and 6. I wouldn't want him in the next game…
Another reason I don't want him in 7 is because it'll kinda ruin the him appearing in every even number title in the series. It's why I didn't want Chris to be in 6. It ruined the odd number appearances.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Yeah but if he were to appear in Resident Evil 7, that would just saturate the Resident Evil canon. In recent canon, he's been in Resident Evil 4, Degeneration, Damnation, and 6. I wouldn't want him in the next game…
Another reason I don't want him in 7 is because it'll kinda ruin the him appearing in every even number title in the series. It's why I didn't want Chris to be in 6. It ruined the odd number appearances.
They're just appealing to the action fan base of the franchise. Resident Evil 5 was the top selling game on a single release, so they had to win those fans back.

Plus there's the whole "Oh my god, Leon and Chris in the same game?! Together?!" factor. That in itself would sell, it's the reason Leon wasn't in Mercs 3D, they wanted to reserve that for Resident Evil 6.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:13 pm

- No Chris, Leon, and Ada give them a break.
- No more new characters. Jake, Helena, and Buddy is ENOUGH.
- I want a horror- suspense this time, there's too much horror-action.
- Bring back the old bad ass characters like Claire, Rebecca, Barry, Billy, Jill, and Ark.
- No more Wesker-Daughter-and-Son involved. It sucks.
- No Clones-Whatsoever-or Fake person thing.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:25 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Your logic here doesn't really make sense. You're just using a round-about method to try and connect him to the plot.
I'm not great at articulating myself, usually resulting in long verbose posts. I feel that he's important to Rebecca, if she were to appear in the game, I think it would be important to have Billy in the story. What exactly is the main story's plot right now anyway? We have some virus being spread about the world by a mysterious organization?
And Billy doesn't fit into it anywhere. He was just a passerby, not an Umbrella employee like Birkin or enemy like STARS. He knew nothing of Umbrella's research, nor did Umbrella ever know about him. He has nothing to do with TriCell or Uroboros. Surviving with Rebecca doesn't connect him to the plot. Going by that logic, every character that Jill survived an incident with must accompany her in any following games. That would mean that if she was the star of RE8, then Chris, Barry, Carlos, Sheva, Josh, and Parker would all have to be in, too, because they all "survived a traumatic event" with her.

I'm not trying to put you down, it's just that your explanation for Billy's presence doesn't hold water.

By your logic Leon shouldn't have been relevant either. He was just a rookie police officer. And they actually did a whole movie dedicated to two characters who survived during a game together, called RE Degeneration. Mercy's case makes sense, it sounds like you're going out of your way to make it sound dumb.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:39 pm

@Ghost lol, I was only kidding about what Mercy said.
Back to top Go down
kevdliu
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:00 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
- Bring back the old bad ass characters like Claire, Rebecca, Barry, Billy, Jill, and Ark.

Didn't Chris or Leon appear in every RE game? Not that sure since I haven't played all of them. But I don't know how some fans would react if the "main characters" aren't in the game.

I do agree with you on bringing some of the old side characters back like Claire, Sheva, and Barry etc. And of course no more new characters
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm

kevdliu wrote:

Didn't Chris or Leon appear in every RE game? Not that sure since I haven't played all of them. But I don't know how some fans would react if the "main characters" aren't in the game.

I do agree with you on bringing some of the old side characters back like Claire, Sheva, and Barry etc. And of course no more new characters

From the top of my head here are their appearances (canon wise)
Chris: 1, Code Veronica X, Umbrella Chronicles (Umbrella's end), Revelations, 5, and 6.
Leon: 2, Darkside Chronicles (Operarion Javier), 4, Degeneration, Damnation, and 6 (...........)

Extra:
Jill: 1, 3, UBC (Umbrella's End), Revelations, and 5
Claire: 2, Code Veronica X, and Degeneration (Damn give her a cameo at least)

Well, it seems that Leon has now surpassed Jill in terms of canon and is now ties with Chris. It's official, Leon is now the new Jill.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:25 am

Nobudy wrote:
Leon has now surpassed Jill in terms of canon and is now ties with Chris. It's official, Leon is now the new Jill.
Yes he did. Well, actually I never expected that the kind of rookie like him would made it this far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Leon has now surpassed Jill in terms of canon and is now ties with Chris. It's official, Leon is now the new Jill.
Yes he did. Well, actually I never expected that the kind of rookie like him would made it this far. Very Happy
Better yet, why don't they make DLC for 6 that shows us what Claire and Jill are doing during the game. If they can do it for Ada, then they can certainly do it for Claire and Jill. There could be events that lead up to them finally meeting each other.
Back to top Go down
kevdliu
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Better yet, why don't they make DLC for 6 that shows us what Claire and Jill are doing during the game. If they can do it for Ada, then they can certainly do it for Claire and Jill. There could be events that lead up to them finally meeting each other.

It would be awesome, but like someone else said before, capcom just doesn't understand fans
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 pm

kevdliu wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

It would be awesome, but like someone else said before, capcom just doesn't understand fans

One day they will realize how our opinions matter.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
It would be awesome, I agree with you, but if that would mean that Jill and Claire won't make it in Resident Evil 7, I'd rather them hold that off.

Last edited by Mercy on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damned autospellcheckmotherfucker)
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:17 am

Methsia wrote:
kevdliu wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Yes and someday they will going to regret it cause they didn't listen to us. If Capcom was trying to make a new set of Characters. They have to make sure that the fans will like it. Cause if the fans don't....... That is gonna be a big big trouble.
Back to top Go down
kevdliu
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:11 am

Methsia wrote:
kevdliu wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Yes and someday they will going to regret it cause they didn't listen to us. If Capcom was trying to make a new set of Characters. They have to make sure that the fans will like it. Cause if the fans don't....... That is gonna be a big big trouble.

It's hard to make new charactors in an old series that everyone's going to like because we don't know much about them and it takes time to get familiar. Capcom should just use the boatload of existing characters and dig deeper into them or create new stories with them instead
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:56 pm

decent post mercy

something that i kinda want to see,would be a different area,like
a desert or a florest,i just think it would make the game more fun/scary
to walk around in a huge florest at night,without knowing whats going to show up
it would shake things up in the series

resident evil 4 brought something new,so did re5(africa could have been so much better explored trough.....)

also being able to eat/drink(not eggs)to restore some health would be interesting
(food wouldnt just pop out out of nowhere,it would be very focused places,like markets e.t.c)
i would like to see barry and carlos in it

but yeah,i would mainly like the game to have a very "dark" athmosphere,with some action
in it(at least 1 campaigns more focused in action),old characters like carlos and barry,and waybe chris could show up
if he isnt too old Smile and a different unorthodox location(being able to explore more,walk around a huge florest alone in the dark e.t.c)

Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:39 pm

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
decent post mercy

to walk around in a huge florest at night,without knowing whats going to show up

resident evil 4 brought something new,so did re5(africa could have been so much better explored trough.....)

also being able to eat/drink(not eggs)to restore some health would be interesting
(food wouldnt just pop out out of nowhere,it would be very focused places,like markets e.t.c)

but yeah,i would mainly like the game to have a very "dark" athmosphere,with some action
in it(at least 1 campaigns more focused in action),old characters like carlos and barry,and waybe chris could show up
if he isnt too old Smile and a different unorthodox location(being able to explore more,walk around a huge florest alone in the dark e.t.c)

You're right. Also having the game not be linear, but with many different choices and areas to explore would be epically crazy and scary.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 pm

00biohazard wrote:
decent post mercy

You're right. Also having the game not be linear, but with many different choices and areas to explore would be epically crazy and scary.

yeah,the ideia of you walking around alone at night
in a huge florest with unknown creatures,its pretty intense
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 am

00biohazard wrote:
decent post mercy

Yes! This is the number one thing I want to see in Resident Evil! Bring backtracking and exploration back in the game!

And Chris, you brought an interesting idea. In Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, you had meters for how much light you were exposed to, the sound you made, and just about everything to help you factor out your stealth. In the next Resident Evil, they shouldn't only focus on the horror of not knowing what's going to come out a you at bite you, but focus on surviving too. Like herbs could heal your wounds, and food could restore stamina. The hungrier you get, the less your character will perform. If you get too full, then you move slower, like in real life, so you have to balance everything out. And if there's a virus floating around you have to make sure you're not eating anything infected, otherwise you could get poisoned and have to syphon the blood out to survive. That in itself would bring on an interesting dynamic to the game, so you're not just a meathead plowing through zombies.

I think I speak for everyone, that we want the next Resident Evil to be both challanging and thought provoking. Make us feel like detectives again by examining items for clues and observing portraits for keys. Give us a dark and eerie atmosphere as a backdrop and throw in a good variety of characters, wrapped in one twisted story about a scientist gone mad with power or some shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:03 am

Good ideas there, chris. What I would really like to see is that all made into a remake/reboot of Dino Crisis.

Nobudy wrote:
They're propably holding them off for RE7 or something to that extent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Nobudy wrote:
That is certainly my hopes for the next title. But if they don't have either Claire nor Jill in the game, they should really have them as DLC. I mean, they came out with a statement saying that they recognize that there is a fan base for them; yet they have anything to do about it.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:16 am

Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Nobudy wrote:
That is certainly my hopes for the next title. But if they don't have either Claire nor Jill in the game, they should really have them as DLC. I mean, they came out with a statement saying that they recognize that there is a fan base for them; yet they have anything to do about it.
They better think of something soon b/c the series would lose its "openness" of characters if the story started to focus on just Chris, Ada and Leon (Chris and Ada are already close 40 and Leon's in his mid 30s). If they don't feel like bringing back old characters, they could at least give us some kind of epilogue rather than throwing them on the bus of eternity.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:56 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Nobudy wrote:
They better think of something soon b/c the series would lose its "openness" of characters if the story started to focus on just Chris, Ada and Leon (Chris and Ada are already close 40 and Leon's in his mid 30s). If they don't feel like bringing back old characters, they could at least give us some kind of epilogue rather than throwing them on the bus of eternity.
We don't know what their plans are for the next title, we can only make speculations, but Capcom has come out with a statement recognizing fan's love for the characters. From what we know so far, Claire and Jill have no part of Resident Evil 6. Like I said before, I'd rather them have no part of Resident Evil 6 and have them star in Resident Evil 7. If they make it to Resident Evil 6, they're probably going to have some bit part like Jill had in Resident Evil 5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next