HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever

Go down 
+13
Ghost Leader
HUNK420
Sithis Malkira
NicemanCandy
Spike991
thawonguy89
nekronuke
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Revan XI9
Regenerator
Míchéal Redfield
ChickenHeart
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever Empty
PostSubject: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:53 pm

If you look on the official Resident Evil forums sectioin on Capcom's website you'll see a thread devoted to porting Outbreak or getting a sequel to the game. There are thousands of people showing their support for this game but I'm here to tell you why you be seeing this series continue.

1. Gameplay

As much as some people hate to admit it the revamping of RE4/RE5 will continue to be the new standard of Resident Evil. Capcom is not going to go back and create a game that has an outdated and slow feel to when compared to the games in the main series. Also a new generation of gamers are out there that have never played RE1-RE3, going from the action oriented gameplay of 4 and 5 to the puzzle soving conserve your ammo game play of the the older games will not bode well with this generation of gamers.

2. Controls

Now I'm only assuming here that if an Outbreak File 3 would be it would retain the controls of RE 1-3. After playing RE4 and RE5 for awhile and just starting RE2/3 after a long time, I found the controls to take some time to get used. I even found it hard to run in a straight line due to the camera angles. Ofcourse I got used to it and am doing fine. However, those who have never played these games are going to be expecting the RE4/5 style and when they don't get it they'll be disappointed.

3. Capcom's Previous Failures

Capcom not listening to the fans and simply rushing out Outbreak File 2 without really fixing anything left a bad taste in fan's mouths. The only real change Capcom made in File 2 was cut the load times which were almost 12 seconds long in the File 1. However the lobby for online mode was still a pain when you were trying to join a game and the adlib system remained even after everyone requested to have the mic capability. Capcom's inability to listen to its fans left this game getting a bad rep and sales of File 2 were way below those of File 1. Ofcourse reviews even stated File 2 was "more of the same" and to wait for the "revolutionary" RE4 which was being ported to the PS2 later that year.

4. Unlockables

Today special characters/outfits seem to be bought not earned. Outbreak was great in that it gave you the oppurtunity to use the skin of just about every character in the game. I would bet these would be lowered and "character packs" that you would need to purchase would be used instead. Paying for levels is fine but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Conclusion

Although the RE: Outbreak series has a cult following its not enough to bring these games back. RE1-3 are truly classics with large fan bases to support them. This is why Capcom released them on the PSN, they knew they could make money. Also if you look at the new games being released during the Raccoon City outbreak they are normally in the form of rail shooters or other action-oriented genres. The Outbreak series will never get another release, there's just too many other promising ways out there to sell games.
Back to top Go down
Míchéal Redfield
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Míchéal Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:39 am

I never liked outbreak Rolling Eyes Thougt it was s*** myself xD
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:44 pm

I wouldnt mind seeing another Outbreak to see if Capcom could improve on the series...the first one was really bad in my opinion but the second game was a good improvement...it would be neat to see another Outbreak on the next gen consoles
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Regenerator wrote:
I wouldnt mind seeing another Outbreak to see if Capcom could improve on the series...the first one was really bad in my opinion but the second game was a good improvement...it would be neat to see another Outbreak on the next gen consoles

Outbreak sucked. That is all there is to it.

I do want to see how Revelations will go down though. GO HUNK!
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Besides the failure Capcom made at not fixing the online-mode, I thought Outbreak was a pretty enoyable game. I love being able to play as pretty much any character from the game.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 pm

The only thing i liked about outbreak was the great locations in it such as Flasback and the Zoo.
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:39 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
The only thing i liked about outbreak was the great locations in it such as Flasback and the Zoo.

Agreed 100%
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 pm

I like the areas in File 2 much more
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 am

The Outbreak series is an awesome addition to the RE universe. I love these games, even though I suck at them. I really wish they did File#3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:10 am

Ive never finished File 2. I just cant do that underbelly level.Even with a walkthrough its still hard.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:22 am

it didnt take me that long to finish File 2...but I do admit it was harder than the first...the areas are much bigger
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 am

What level in file 2 do you think was the hardest gen?
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:45 am

I have to go with the last level witch is End of the Road...its tough but nothing compared to the last level in the first Outbreak
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah thats true.Another level i love in file 2 is the one in the police station with marvin the cop.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:42 pm

The police station in File 2 is one of my favorite areas in the RE series. They did a great job with it. It's also one of the last times we get to visit the RPD with the old-style game play Sad
Back to top Go down
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:15 pm

can't understand people's frustration with underbelly. Flashback is irritating, and End of the road is punishing. i got killed by Thanatos R3 after the credit cuz i ran for snacks (outbreak 1)
Back to top Go down
thawonguy89
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:56 pm

I just really couldn't get into the outbreak games. I bought the first one thinking that I would love it as much as the games prior. But I was clearly wrong about this one in my opinion. I found the game play was something that took quite a long time to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:35 pm

nekronuke wrote:
can't understand people's frustration with underbelly. Flashback is irritating, and End of the road is punishing. i got killed by Thanatos R3 after the credit cuz i ran for snacks (outbreak 1)
that guy almost got me after the credits...hate it when games do that
Back to top Go down
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 pm

i felt relieved after taking DayLight... i even sighed.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:34 pm

nekronuke wrote:

I disliked Underbelly because I found it really tough to complete. I did it once with the help of a strategy guide, even then it was a pain in the ass.

More recently though, I played it again, and once I found the locker combination, I was able to figure out the rest without too much trouble, so not as bad as I thought, but still a little dull.

I would love a File#3 though, I'm really anxious to see if Capcom does anything with that series.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

Playstation Network NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:29 am

ChickenHeart, maybe you'll agree with me. The concept of Resident Evil: Outbreak was definitely promising and it could have taken the series to great lengths, but ultimately it fell flat of what Resident Evil stands for in terms of survival horror. I didn't really enjoy the game as much as previous entries in the series but I liked its presentation, but I would never desire a sequel, unless they kept and greatly enhanced the 'tank controls' and released a third title as a downloadable option only (Xbox Live Marketplace/PlayStation Store). Maybe you won't agree with me though, it's just my opinion, but I agree that a sequel will never see the light of day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:08 am

But it should.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

Playstation Network NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:13 am

Yeah I agree that it should, for the purpose of its fans. And I think that it would be a suitable option in terms of financial safety to have Resident Evil: Outbreak File 3 as a download only, seeing as their isn't much of a demand for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:25 am

Good idea, seeing that there are many multiplayer only games released as downloads. It would also be a good game for a split-screen. Still, as Outbreaks are quite big games, the file would propably be too big to be just a download.
Back to top Go down
Sithis Malkira
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Sithis Malkira

Playstation Network Robert2025

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:55 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Ive never finished File 2. I just cant do that underbelly level.Even with a walkthrough its still hard.

yes they were hard , but thats what we grew to expect from the original resi games .

i hated resi 5 mostly cuase of all the excess ammo and save points.

there was rearly ever a moment where you were realy scared for your charecter.

that said i have to say im glad that capcom has decided to go back to the t-virus with RE-ORC i was getting bord with las plagas.

Last edited by Sithis Malkira on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001334564472
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever   Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever Empty

Back to top Go down

Why we wont be seeing an Outbreak File 3 ever
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next