HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???

Go down 
+9
LeonVsUmbrella
bravotwozero007
Zombie
charlieRE2
PublicEnemy
frodomir
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Ghost Leader
Spike991
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think Darkside Chronicles is a lame game to compensate for Wii owners not getting RE5?
Yes
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? Vote_lcap23%Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
No
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? Vote_lcap55%Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? Vote_rcap
 55% [ 12 ]
Maybe
Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? Vote_lcap22%Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? Empty
PostSubject: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:20 pm

I was looking around and found this little type of rant, well anyway I thought that it made some really good points, it mostly refers to Darkside Chronicles and how it is a poor compensation for a 'real' RE game, well here it is:

"In the wake of the game's first sighting in Famitsu there has been a huge backlash towards Capcom over the perceived shallowness of gameplay and the failure for Wii owners to get anything but ports and out-sourced spin-offs.

From hardcore communities to casual, from fansites to Capcom's own forums there is a strong consensus that Darkside Chronicles is a wasted opportunity and not what they were hoping for. Moderators on Capcom's forums have pointed to Umbrella Chronicles' sales as justification. However Resident Evil 4 Wii, a port of a three-year old game that was already available on three other systems, sold almost 50% more than Umbrella Chronicles. They seem to have missed the point that people bought UC in spite of it being a light-gun game because consumers wanted a Resident Evil game and had few alternatives on the platform. It was even hinted that if enough people showed an interest and bought the game we could look forward to having a game with something approaching what other and older platforms considered "standard gameplay", a game with the minimum requirements of moving, shooting, dodging rather than something that only focused on one of these attributes. The analysis of Umbrella Chronicles I wrote last year still holds true today:

No matter how many bells and whistles the game has, no matter how you dress it up, it’s still fundamentally a light-gun game. You point the little wiimote at the screen, and you press A. For everything. Attacking, picking up weapons, opening doors, whatever happens in the game you can only respond the same way over and over. And there’s no chance for anything different to happen, even with the inclusion of some very short alternate paths, as the enemies’ paths are pre-scripted and you are tethered to the ground like your feet are encased in concrete.

The devs specifically said they changed it from RE4-style into a light-gun game to try and hook people new to video games into the series. Whatever way you look at it, even if you think the expansion of the fanbase is good for RE in the long-term, they consciously chose to make the game worse in order to bolster sales and for that they are failures as game developers. The sheer pressure as BOW after BOW flooded in to a room, the managing of ammo, all those years of great art design in one game. With RE4 gameplay it could have been the greatest Wii game ever, maybe even the best RE game ever. But they caved, going for the "safe" option, depriving everyone of what could have been a momentous game.

To add insult to injury this is essentially the Resident Evil 2 remake fans have been clamouring for for years. No more lifting of Outbreak assets, the trailer indicates a completely revamped RPD. Unfortunately no matter how good the graphics are, no matter how many bonus scenarios it comes with you'll never be able to overcome the fundamental flaw of it being an on-rails light-gun game. What's worse is just how close this game is to being like RE4. Enemy behaviour and movements are taken right from their original games. Your AI controlled partner actually performs RE4-like actions such as walking, targeting and shooting on-screen in front of you. I am aware of the difference in budgets between RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles but that does not preclude them from enhancing the gameplay as the environments, models and audio for a third-person survival-action would be of identical quality. What would need to change is how enemies are spawned but given what they did in Mercenaries that wouldn't be a problem, even on a linear path.

Whilst I've always been dismissive of online petitions I would strongly urge fans to keep the argument going in the public eye. Umbrella Chronicles did use to be an RE4-style game, there's always the chance they could change it back for Darkside Chronicles. I know the chances are slim but anything is better than having to endure another "test" to see if Wii owners really do want games with fully-developed gameplay and having to wait for its release before we can even start hoping for a real Resident Evil game. After all, enough people talking about racism got them to add arab and caucasian enemies to Resident Evil 5."
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Well, I haven't played UC, so I'll just vote in the middle and say maybe. But, simply put, I'm not a fan of rail shooters at all. As we've seen with Survivor, Survivor II, and Dead Aim, Resident Evil and the FPS genre just don't mix. UC didn't make me want to get a Wii, and I doubt DC will either if they make it a light gun game.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Well, I haven't played UC, so I'll just vote in the middle and say maybe. But, simply put, I'm not a fan of rail shooters at all. As we've seen with Survivor, Survivor II, and Dead Aim, Resident Evil and the FPS genre just don't mix. UC didn't make me want to get a Wii, and I doubt DC will either if they make it a light gun game.

Umbrella Chronicles is only worth the money if you like RE, otherwise I could care less about it, the gameplay was okay, probably some of the best for a rail shooter, but I also don't like those all that much, and I hated how slow it could be, I would rather move at my own pace, which was something that I liked about th Survivor games, even though it would go to 1st person, you still were controlling it.Smile

I hope that they put as much effort into this as they did for the REmake of the first RE, if they do that and give us some really great, terrific, amazing extras, then I will be pleased with it.Smile
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Considering I was expecting a RE2 remake, this isn't what I, and many others didn't have in mind... IMO, this is there excuse for being lazy, an on-rail shooter without exploration is alot simpler to make. I'm extremely disappointed, but again I will sill buy it because it has "Resident Evil" in the name... and anything pertaining to the storyline, I will want to know about.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:45 pm

When i try it ill tell you more... Id like to play it even its just graphics...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
Considering I was expecting a RE2 remake, this isn't what I, and many others didn't have in mind... IMO, this is there excuse for being lazy, an on-rail shooter without exploration is alot simpler to make. I'm extremely disappointed, but again I will sill buy it because it has "Resident Evil" in the name... and anything pertaining to the storyline, I will want to know about.

a on rail remake is better than no remake at all...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 pm

PublicEnemy wrote:
Yeah, that's true. Can't disagree with you there.
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:52 pm

PublicEnemy wrote:
R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:

Actually, yea, it is, at least to me. Because if you think about it, if Capcom changes the story of RE2 in this game (i.e. RE Original - RE Remake) theres a likely chance that this will take RE2 Remake's place. So instead of remaking one of the greatest games ever and having the freedom to rome, we'll probably be suck with an on-rail shooter.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:56 pm

i wasn't a massive fan of UC but i still own it because its a resident evil game. if this is the game that is suppose to be the resident evil 2 remake i am very disappointed but will still buy it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:51 pm

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
PublicEnemy wrote:
R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:

Actually, yea, it is, at least to me. Because if you think about it, if Capcom changes the story of RE2 in this game (i.e. RE Original - RE Remake) theres a likely chance that this will take RE2 Remake's place. So instead of remaking one of the greatest games ever and having the freedom to rome, we'll probably be suck with an on-rail shooter.

They might change the story some, hopefully not to the extent of RE3 in UC, but in any case, they might be showing Leon & Claire together to whole time, so that alone would drasically change everything, I bet they weren't planning on having a group of Leon, Claire, Sherry, and Ada...

Yeah Charlie, we will all buy it, we are slaves to Capcom's will....Smile
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:17 pm

I don't think that Darkside Chronicles is a lame game to compensate for Wii owners not getting RE5, I think it's lame that we get a Half-Assed Resident Evil 2 shooter remake, when RE fans have been begging for a full fledge RE2 remake like RE1 on the gamecube, for such a long time!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/JNRoDz
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:47 am

Zombie wrote:
I don't think that Darkside Chronicles is a lame game to compensate for Wii owners not getting RE5, I think it's lame that we get a Half-Assed Resident Evil 2 shooter remake, when RE fans have been begging for a full fledge RE2 remake like RE1 on the gamecube, for such a long time!

Yeah, which is why I am hoping that it is more than a half-ass RE2 rail-shooter remake, I would rather it cover the entire Raccoon City Incdent, cover stuff from September 21st to October 1st.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:34 am

Spike991 wrote:
Yeah, which is why I am hoping that it is more than a half-ass RE2 rail-shooter remake, I would rather it cover the entire Raccoon City Incdent, cover stuff from September 21st to October 1st.Smile
What happened on Sept. 21st? That's over a week before RE2's starting point.
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:01 am

Zombie wrote:
Very true... and since the RE3 Story change so much, I don't think there will be a RE3 Remake, because it won't make sense to make it the same way as before when the changed it before to mix the plot for all the characters.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:53 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
What happened on Sept. 21st? That's over a week before RE2's starting point.

Well it was around that time, I believe it was actually the 22nd when the USS attacked Birkin and left him for dead, of course he injected himself with G and mutated and decimated his would be killers, causing the outbreak from there. I think it said that in Archives right? You may have to check, someone told me, since I don't have it myself...

But come to think of it, I think it would be very satisfying seeing the frustration of the surviving STARS members after the Mansion Incident, perhaps in cutscenes, having no one believe them, and Chief Irons blocking them from getting anywhere with there investiation, that would be a nice thing to see as well.Smile

@ R3sid3nt 3vil

What changed in RE3's story?

I don't know if anything changed that would keep it from having a remake, and if you are referring to the Raccoon Incident Scenario from UC, I am pretty sure that it is mostly noncanon, while this is true for all of the main stuff except for the attack on the Russian Base, with the side chapters with Rebecca and Wesker and Ada and HUNK being canon.Smile
Back to top Go down
bravotwozero007
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
bravotwozero007

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:11 pm

im still gonna buy it lol!
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:57 pm

As you all understood it,ill buy it.

and for now i wont say anything than what i said before.
Back to top Go down
LeonVsUmbrella
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
LeonVsUmbrella

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Do I think it's "compensation"? No. Capcom doesn't have to compensate us for the lack of RE5, they just have to say "You're not getting it" and it's game over.

But i DO think they could do alot better that "Umbrella Chronicles 2"
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 pm

LeonVsUmbrella wrote:
Do I think it's "compensation"? No. Capcom doesn't have to compensate us for the lack of RE5, they just have to say "You're not getting it" and it's game over.

But i DO think they could do alot better that "Umbrella Chronicles 2"

Yeah, it should be much more than UC2, they could have at least given better extras and I would have been a happy camper, it is now mandatory to have a cutscene browser.Smile

@ PublicEnemy and bravotwozero007, I am on the same boat, in fact I bet most people here are, no matter how lazy Capcom is, and how long they make us wait and suffer, we will probabl still get it.Smile
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:34 pm

I might play RE:UC soon for some brushing up on it. Haven't played it since it came out.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:42 pm

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
I might play RE:UC soon for some brushing up on it. Haven't played it since it came out.

I think that seeing Sergei was worth UC, he was a great character, but I also just played through UC again, since I also hadn't played it since it had come out, it was enjoyable after all that time(And slow too).Smile
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:59 am

I played bits of UC early this year.
It was fun t say the least, I need to buy it sooner or later and mainly for the story.

Darkside Chronicles, from what I've read from Capcom is just enhancing what UC did, and adding that dramatic camera effect, added they SAID it would try and focus more on a horror aspect (How you truly make a On-Rails game scary? No idea)
Plus yes, I'm more than sure this will cover a bit more plot and even hopefully clear up the Sherry storyline.

It's not the RE2 Remake we want, but it's better than nothing, and hopefully the gameplay will be a lot better than UC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:28 pm

No the wii cant support the graphics of RE5....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Lunar6000 wrote:
No the wii cant support the graphics of RE5....

first:are you sure to be on the right topic?were talkin about Resident Darkside Chronicles here

two:even if the wii really doesnt support the graphics of Re5,they can lower them(but i doubt theyd need so to lower em so much).

and 3:DONT START A DAMN CONSOLE WAR HERE!

so now back on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:39 pm

Ya but the poll says does Darkside Chronicles make up for the lack of RE5 on the wii and Im saying yes because the graphics would have to be lowered way to much for RE5 to be put on the wii. It doesn't need to be a multi console game we get enough of those.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???   Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkside Chronicles a dissapointment???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next