Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Half Life Series

Go down 
+2
Spike991
Regenerator
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Half Life Series - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Half Life is DAMN epic! DAMNNNNNNN epic!!!

That is an understatement.Smile

Too bad Ep. 2 gave us a crappy conclusion, but hopefully we get Ep.3.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Crappy conclusion my ass! Have you not heard of cliff hangers? Why do so many people have such aversions to cliff hangers? Ep. 2 had one of the most emotional and powerful endings any game has ever had. EEEEEPPPPIIIICCCC!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:28 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Crappy conclusion my ass! Have you not heard of cliff hangers? Why do so many people have such aversions to cliff hangers? Ep. 2 had one of the most emotional and powerful endings any game has ever had. EEEEEPPPPIIIICCCC!!!!!

Of course I have heard of cliffhangers, I happen to love the cliffhanger ending for Nip/Tuck Season 2, but anyway, I just didn't care for Ep2's cliffhanger, it wasn't very satisfying to me...Sad
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:13 pm

What wasn't satisifying about it? When it faded to black and you could see nothing and all you can hear is Alex crying...Holy crap. It brought forth more emotions than I thought I had! I'd say it was the best cliff hanger I've ever seen, in my opinion of course. It's just that never have I had a video game (nor any other form of entertainment) grab me like that. I felt totally immersed and part of the game. They did such a great job at developing the characters into actual people you care about that it was hard not to feel for them.

Ahh, anyway. I can't watch Nip/Tuck or anything medical related because I get woozy, but it looks pretty immersive for the commercials. Razz Did you like the cliff hanger for Pirates 2? I personally loved it, but I know a lot of people hated it. I kind of think that it's because in America, people look to instant gratification way too much, and by getting cliff hangers, it makes them wait. And waiting is not something we American's are known for. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
What wasn't satisifying about it? When it faded to black and you could see nothing and all you can hear is Alex crying...Holy crap. It brought forth more emotions than I thought I had! I'd say it was the best cliff hanger I've ever seen, in my opinion of course. It's just that never have I had a video game (nor any other form of entertainment) grab me like that. I felt totally immersed and part of the game. They did such a great job at developing the characters into actual people you care about that it was hard not to feel for them.

Ahh, anyway. I can't watch Nip/Tuck or anything medical related because I get woozy, but it looks pretty immersive for the commercials. Razz Did you like the cliff hanger for Pirates 2? I personally loved it, but I know a lot of people hated it. I kind of think that it's because in America, people look to instant gratification way too much, and by getting cliff hangers, it makes them wait. And waiting is not something we American's are known for. Rolling Eyes

Well I reallly love tragic cliffhangers, and Nip/Tuck Season 2 is the best of the best I think, but Ep2's cliffhanger just didn't touch me like that, I think that throughout the course of the game we get to know Alex more, but when, well you remember what happened, I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but I just didn't really care, just wan't my cup of tea.Smile

I am ashamed to say that I haven't seen Pirates 2 or 3, I loved the 1st one, and of course there was a huge fad or whatever about the Pirates movies, but I just haven't taken the plunge yet.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:32 am

The 1st Pirates was the best imo. I still loved the 2nd one, although tons of other hated it. I think most just hated it to go along with the elitist crowd. #3 I really didn't like all that much. I thought Gore Verbinski just did stuff because he could. He had the budget so he used it.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Have you gotten Ep. 1 or Ep. 2 yet?
actually I just purchased an episode pack off of Ebay the other day so it should be here soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:49 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
The 1st Pirates was the best imo. I still loved the 2nd one, although tons of other hated it. I think most just hated it to go along with the elitist crowd. #3 I really didn't like all that much. I thought Gore Verbinski just did stuff because he could. He had the budget so he used it.
POTC 3: "I heard a name came up in the credits.. umm, Gore Verbinkski... I think this movie could have used a lot more gore, less Verbinski, which I think is Russian for bad acting." -- Ask A Ninja Pirates Special
Love that guy! He's hilarious. I agree Nite, first was awesome, but the second and third could have been better.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Ask a Ninja is one of the best things on earth. "The initiation for a ninja...Walking through a blizzard without touching a snowflake!" LMAO
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:27 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ask a Ninja is one of the best things on earth. "The initiation for a ninja...Walking through a blizzard without touching a snowflake!" LMAO
Used to watch 'em all the time. "Once I was fighting a Chimerathon, which is a Chimera that's 26 miles long." Love it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Regenerator wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
actually I just purchased an episode pack off of Ebay the other day so it should be here soon Very Happy

That sounds pretty cool, you will love them.Smile Although short they are always fun.Smile Coincidentally I have found myself playing through HL1 at the moment.Smile
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

That sounds pretty cool, you will love them.Smile Although short they are always fun.Smile Coincidentally I have found myself playing through HL1 at the moment.Smile
I am losing hope on ever getting this copy of the game...seller is not responding to emails...i hate sellers like this Mad ...but i am bidding on another copy...hopefully it turns out good
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:17 pm

well i finally got the episode pack last week and i finished the 2nd episode yesterday...lets just say that both are great games...oh and the ending of episode 2 was a sad one
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Regenerator wrote:
well i finally got the episode pack last week and i finished the 2nd episode yesterday...lets just say that both are great games...oh and the ending of episode 2 was a sad one

Sad, yes, but EPIC! How'd you like that last big battle?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:27 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

Yes it is me Regenerator...

Well anyway Nite, to answer the question you asked Regenerator, I liked the final battle, afterwards looking back at it anyway, otherwise it was a pain in the ass, using those explosive things on the Stryders and shooting them, plus those Hunters all around, it was really tough...more so than the one in HL2..
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

Yes it is me Regenerator...

Well anyway Nite, to answer the question you asked Regenerator, I liked the final battle, afterwards looking back at it anyway, otherwise it was a pain in the ass, using those explosive things on the Stryders and shooting them, plus those Hunters all around, it was really tough...more so than the one in HL2..

It was tough as hell. Fun though!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:31 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Yeah, it made me think twice about how hard the ending battle was for HL2, and Ep.1s was pretty easy in comarision too.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Yeah, it made me think twice about how hard the ending battle was for HL2, and Ep.1s was pretty easy in comarision too.Smile

The ending battle for HL2 was hard because for a while, you don't know what to do. Then when you figure it out, it's still kind of difficult to pull off.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:50 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

I thought the battle was alright...it got started off good but toward the end when three came at a time it got hard
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:39 pm

I hated how the team you go in with all die, I remember trying hard to keep them alive, but it wouldn't be...
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I hated how the team you go in with all die, I remember trying hard to keep them alive, but it wouldn't be...
yeah I know how you feel...once the stryders came you also had to worry about the Hunters and that is not a pretty combination
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 2:06 pm

here is a funny video i ran into on youtube today...the g-man sqaud...i guess there are other episodes but i will only post the first...this one goes through the first Half-Life...these are great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half Life Series   Half Life Series - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Half Life Series
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3