Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Latest news on the RE front EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Latest news on the RE front EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Latest news on the RE front EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Latest news on the RE front EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Latest news on the RE front EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Latest news on the RE front EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Latest news on the RE front

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Latest news on the RE front Empty
PostSubject: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 9:46 am

While we are certainly all eagerly awaiting the upcoming Resident Evil 3 remake (and by extension its full game multiplayer component Project Resistance) there are certainly other project going on with the series as well. Most notable of these is Resident Evil 8, which was announced back when RE7 released, when some of the devs stated work on it had already begun. Well, let's start with the bad news. We might still have to wait quite some time for the next main title in the series, as work on RE8 has supposedly started completely anew about 5-7 months ago. This, however, is nothing new with the series as most every main title has started as something completely different from what we eventually got, most notable of these instances being the infamous RE1.5.

Off with the bad, on with the good. While the next numbered title might still be far in the horizon, a reliable game leaker, AestheticGamer, has informed the public at large that a new title in the series is being developed right now that is not RE3 or Resistance. Not much else to tell you about this as the project is still a complete mystery, although it might have something to do with the email some Resident Evil Ambassadors got a while back asking for playtesters for a yet unannnounced project. The same treatment was given to Project Resistance, now Resident Evil Resistance, before its official announcement. The only this know for certain about this project is that it is not a remake nor is it a main title. Not being a remake does not rule out remasters, though it might just as well be a completely new title as well. Either a completely new spinoff or possibly Revelations 3. Only time will tell.

Oh, and before anyone asks, there is no word of the untitled Resident Evil live action film reboot. Last bit of news regarding it is from December 2018, about some really vague writer changes, so my guess is it has been dropped into development hell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 3:10 am

Man, i'm really hoping for Revelations 3!. It's the best RE side series. And there are still characters we haven't seen in awhile, like Rebecca.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:49 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
And there are still characters we haven't seen in awhile, like Rebecca.

To be fair Rebecca is chronologically one of the three main characters we have last seen in the series, not counting the remakes. We haven't really seen anyone else since except for Chris in RE7. If we don't count the remake of RE3 the last we've seen Jill is from literally over ten years ago in RE5, and even the last mention of her is from Revelations 2 which came out in 2015 (and takes place 2011).

So uh, I guess my point is that there are a lot more characters who we haven't seen in an even longer while, even in the main cast. If we're talking strictly game appearances then sure, Rebecca is certainly lagging behind still being left in 1998, but she did have two pretty big appearances in the current canon with Vendetta and The Stage.

For reference (and because I have nothing better to do) here's a list of the currently living main cast of heroes and villains and their last (canon) appearances in case anyone is interested:
  • Jill 2009 (mentioned 2011)
  • Barry, Alex 2011/2013 (in RER2, came out in 2015)
  • Sherry, Jake, Ada 2013
  • Claire 2014 (last game appearance in RER2)
  • Leon, Rebecca, Chris 2017

Additionally Hunk was last mentioned in 2015 in Umbrella Corps (2013 in the series' timeline).
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Just don't entertain the idea of bringing Billy back. That's all I ask. lol
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I saw a theory video the other day on how Nemesis might be Billy or Enrico.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
I saw a theory video the other day on how Nemesis might be Billy or Enrico.
Latest news on the RE front Giphy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 am

Uh, yeah, no. Billy has no impact or relation on Jill so that would just be a worthless attempt at bringing back an old character nobody in this game would recognize or even know the name of. Enrico on the other hand died in the caves near Spencer Mansion, all of which were destroyed and filled when the estate exploded. Literally the only living people who even knew his body was there were the remaining STARS and Albert Wesker, who clearly had other, more important things to do, as seen in Beginnings from Umbrella Chronicles. Plus, you know, he didn't even work for Umbrella anymore at that point.

So yeah, whatever that theory video was, was full of crap. Better they keep the Nemesis as what he originally was, just some nameless condemned inmate chosen for the program and completely erased from existence. We don't need another Resident Evil: Apocalypse and a Nemesis suddenly having "feelings". They already teased us with the flamethrower/gatling, just leave it at that.

Additionally, I really doubt they'd go that far with changing the current timeline. However the new RE2 ended it still kept all the major plot points the same they've been since '98. Even the stuff the RE1 remake added were not something that would have changed the fate of a single character in the series' history, only expanded on the fate of one that had previously been only mentioned and slightly changed up the events leading up to the game to better fit RE0 into the timeline.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 1:32 pm

Some more news regarding this mystery title. Ambassador program members got this email:

Latest news on the RE front EPbrD3XW4AECfVI

Resistance was revealed a week or so before the playtest they had for it through Ambassador, so whatever this is, there's a good chance it's revealed mid February.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 am

Resident Evil 8 rumors keep on churning and I for one have lost all interest in following them. Because they are just that, rumors. There have been so many "leaks" that claim they are all real but from different versions and that some versions have been scrapped yet some have become projects of their own... It's a real clusterfuck out there and before Capcom announces anything official I will steer clear from believing anyone regarding any leaks on the internet. For anyone interested the latest is armored zombies, witches and human-wolf hybrids in a castle setting with some "surprising twists" on old characters. Yuck.

Anyway, I have some ACTUAL news regarding something related to this series, and that is the long rumored Resident Evil TV Netflix series. This leak comes from Netflix themselves when they accidentally posted the plot of the upcoming show on their website for just long enough for someone to grab a screenshot of it:
Latest news on the RE front Capture-e1581118230901

You can actually still see it with Wayback Machine (just scroll down a little bit): http://web.archive.org/web/20200207215703/https://media.netflix.com/en/search?term=Resident+Evil

So, if this is actually based anywhere near the main canon, 26 years since the discovery of the t-Virus (not counting Progenitor) would be in 2004 (Marcus came up with t in 1978), around the time of the events of Resident Evil 4.

According to an earlier leak from a production schedule the shooting should start in June. This information, however, is not verified so a grain of salt and all that.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 8:50 pm

I spoilered the bottom image because it stretched the page, Mass.

I heard about this when I was checking the RE Wiki for something and Forerunner posted a blog entry about it. The synopsis honestly doesn't really say much about it, being tantamount to summing Lord of the Rings up as "some dudes go on a quest", but that's par for the course as Netflix doesn't want to reveal too many story elements prior to its release.

I do hope they don't try to tie it into the games, though. Like I said on Discord, the more mediums you include in your shared universe, the more difficult it is to maintain a coherent continuity structure. Just let the show be its own thing, it's much simpler.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
So, if this is actually based anywhere near the main canon, 26 years since the discovery of the t-Virus (not counting Progenitor) would be in 2004 (Marcus came up with t in 1978), around the time of the events of Resident Evil 4.

"Discovery of the T-Virus" could mean the Raccoon City Incident, when the general public learned about it. Which would put it in 2022, relatively contemporary.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 6:19 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

"Discovery of the T-Virus" could mean the Raccoon City Incident, when the general public learned about it. Which would put it in 2022, relatively contemporary.

That would be 2024 and using the very specific wording of "discovery of the T-Virus" is still very odd as literally every other piece of media relating to the series would refer to it as the "Raccoon City outbreak" or something to that extent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest news on the RE front   Latest news on the RE front Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest news on the RE front
Page 1 of 1