HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Every #1 horror film in America ever...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Every #1 horror film in America ever... Empty
PostSubject: Every #1 horror film in America ever...   Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 1:28 am

It took me ages to write this up.

Some films from the 1920s are now lost for some reason, so I only added the ones that are available to buy on DVD.

https://horror.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_box_office_number-one_horror_films_in_the_United_States

Here's a few examples of the charts I purchased on Amazon.

https://i.ibb.co/mNxF07H/chart.png

https://i.ibb.co/DRB6SQn/chart2.png
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Every #1 horror film in America ever...   Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 am

Seems like kind of a weirdly specific thing to make a wiki page for, but okay.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Every #1 horror film in America ever...   Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 11:24 am

Sorry. I should have explained the point of me doing that.

I was interested in finding out what movies reached the top ten in different decades for each week of the year, and charts for the 70s and all the prior years since Variety began logging box office grosses aren't even on Wikipedia anymore. You have to cite everything you dump on there, so when people did this before, they had no sources for a lot of those years. They definitely used to have pages for the years before 1981. They removed those, because the site Box Office Mojo (mostly) has all the known data for 1981 to now, but there's little factual input for the previous years, so not having enough data would make the articles not look complete.

When I found out you could get chart archives from some guy on Amazon for 7.99 GBP each, I thought it was a good way to find out what films topped the box office, and there's way too many top ten films to discover, so I just listed the ones that got to number one, and left it at that for now. I'll perhaps make lists for the top ten films too, but that won't be for a good little while. There's more to do, sure. But that's a lot of typing.

Of course, the research was tricky because the films listed don't display the genre, only the gross, year and what time of the year it was in the rankings. So I had to just do various searches to determine what the theme for the films were. Shocked

You'd be surprised how many people are interested in the history of the box office. Just like with music.

Too long, likely didn't read. I know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Every #1 horror film in America ever...   Every #1 horror film in America ever... EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Damn, zombies didn't top the charts until the 2000's!. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every #1 horror film in America ever...   Every #1 horror film in America ever... Empty

Back to top Go down

Every #1 horror film in America ever...
Page 1 of 1