Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Capcom is for sale?! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Capcom is for sale?! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Capcom is for sale?! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Capcom is for sale?! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Capcom is for sale?! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Capcom is for sale?! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Capcom is for sale?! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Capcom is for sale?!

Go down 
+6
37 Narwhals
DampRevil
PWNERX
Vandal
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Capcom is for sale?! Empty
PostSubject: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:45 am

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-06-16-capcom-shareholders-reject-anti-takeover-plan

"Despite of non-approval [sic] of Renewal of Takeover Defense at the 35th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders, Capcom will continue to focus on further preserving and enhancing corporate value and common interests of its shareholders," the company said. "If there is any large-scale purchaser of Capcom stock, we will react to make necessary measures within the admissible limits of applicable laws and regulations. In addition, we will react to take steps to ensure disclosure of the position of the board of directors and other information and that there is sufficient time for shareholders to examine the proposed large-scale purchase and reach a decision."

Also Yoshinori Ono steps down from his position as a director at Capcom Vancouver.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:39 am

I'll give them a dollar for 60% ownership. What is that, like 6 billion yen?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Eh, Capcom is in bad shape, should have seen this coming. I remember a time when Capcom was on top of the world and ruled the gaming market. Now, they're blatantly ignoring their fan base.

Capcom held a poll for the fans to vote who wanted to be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, X ranked the top spot, and what did we get? A skin of X over Zero.

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/capcom-poll-dlc-large.jpg

Then they announced Mega Man for Streetfight X Tekken.. and what do we get?

Capcom is for sale?! Hqdefault

They're trolling Mega Man fans.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:20 am

I still think the fat Megaman was a hilarious addition to the game. I don't see the need to be butthurt about it since it wasn't even a Megaman game to begin with.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I still think the fat Megaman was a hilarious addition to the game. I don't see the need to be butthurt about it since it wasn't even a Megaman game to begin with.

Well, he was based on bad box art.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:38 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Well, he was based on bad box art.

I know. That's what's so funny about it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:45 am

It's still trolling Mega Man fans.

I was talking with a friend about this last night. They had it coming. If their biggest announcement was Dead Rising 3 DLC at e3, there's something clearly wrong with the company.

At any rate, who do you think would buy out Capcom? It would mean whichever company does it, would hold all the rights to all the IPs that made Capcom strong to begin with. Though, I'm not all too worked up about it because all the people who made Capcom great left and they're doing their own thing and continuing their legacy.

We're getting Evil Within, Mighty No. 9, and consistant games from Grasshopper Studio's Suda 51. I'll be perfectly fine if Capcom were to dissolve completely to be perfectly frank.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:36 pm

I heard about this yesterday. Does this mean that Capcom would be shutting down, or would someone buy them and Capcom would just continue as they are?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:48 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I heard about this yesterday. Does this mean that Capcom would be shutting down, or would someone buy them and Capcom would just continue as they are?

Capcom for sale? I'd buy that for a dollar!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:17 pm

I wouldn't even want to buy Capcom. If a small group of us could just get our hands on the Resident Evil series, that would be great! They would need to be unbiased, reasonable, and great storytellers. I've seen ideas of what people want for the Resident Evil series, and it's absolutely horrifying. If any fan could take over the Resident Evil series, it would turn into this giant soap opera fan-fiction.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:47 pm

DampRevil wrote:
It depends on what the buyer would view as most profitable. If they were to dissolve it, their IPs would likely be split up between however many studios the buyer might own. Studio A would get Resident Evil, Studio B would get Mega Man, etc..
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:24 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I wouldn't even want to buy Capcom.  
I would, they still have competent developers. We'd just need to hire decent writers and fire the dumb asses who keep making horrible decisions and asinine deductions. Also get rid of Eiichiro Sasaki.

Vandal wrote:
I'll be perfectly fine if Capcom were to dissolve completely to be perfectly frank.
Part of me wants this to happen just so I can laugh at them for constantly pissing their fans off.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 6:05 am

The worst thing that could happen is that Capcom's IPs get disbanded, imagine Squenix making RE games......:'(

Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 8:10 am

Well i'm sure this is going to happen, this being they are going to sell. I've been saying it for a while now on my channel that they are going to go under. I highly doubt RE will stop being made but it will be made by someone else. Maybe it's for the best man. I mean i watched the Socom series get turned into dogshit and now the original devs are making H-Hour. Imagine if the same would happen to RE? Though i'm not certain in Shinji Mikami would work on it or not.

At any rate i can't really see anyone doing anymore damage to the series than Crapcom has already done to it. They had this coming as many have already pointed out, you can't ignore what your fans want over so many titles for years on end and expect to stay in business. I have never seen a company that knows so little about what they have and how make it good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 8:46 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Well i'm sure this is going to happen, this being they are going to sell. I've been saying it for a while now on my channel that they are going to go under. I highly doubt RE will stop being made but it will be made by someone else. Maybe it's for the best man. I mean i watched the Socom series get turned into dogshit and now the original devs are making H-Hour. Imagine if the same would happen to RE? Though i'm not certain in Shinji Mikami would work on it or not.
I'm going to say it again, the developers that mattered at Capcom had already left and are still making the games that they want and are being supported by their fans. Kenji Inafune literally crowd funded all of Mighty No. 9, Shinji Mikami is the mind behind the latest survival horror title Evil Within, and we're getting games from Suda 51 despite his departure from Capcom. Even the producer of Street Fighter recently left. All the producers and developers that made Capcom, Capcom have left. Anyone still with Capcom are on a short leash.

Quote :
At any rate i can't really see anyone doing anymore damage to the series than Crapcom has already done to it. They had this coming as many have already pointed out, you can't ignore what your fans want over so many titles for years on end and expect to stay in business. I have never seen a company that knows so little about what they have and how make it good.
I don't think Capcom is filled with idiots (mostly,) I think they're doing what they think is best for the company, and clearly it isn't working. They constantly hold polls to get user response, but they never seem to listen to it. You know why Leon wasn't in Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D despite being arguably the most popular character in the series, and despite the fact that Capcom stated that the characters that get in the game was to based on their popularity? Because they wanted Resident Evil 6 to officially be the first game with Chris and Leon in the same game. They're making bad choices for moot causes, and that's their biggest problem.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 am

Vandal wrote:
You know why Leon wasn't in Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D despite being arguably the most popular character in the series, and despite the fact that Capcom stated that the characters that get in the game was to based on their popularity? Because they wanted Resident Evil 6 to officially be the first game with Chris and Leon in the same game. They're making bad choices for moot causes, and that's their biggest problem.

When Mercenaries came out I thought that they didn't include both of them because they didn't want to mix them never in any RE game (which I think would have been pretty cool), but then with RE6, the false trailer hype that tried to fool us into thinking that at least for some portion of the game Leon and Chris will be against one another and just turned out to be a shitty cutscene......(in which I dissagree with Leon's attitude, but that's another topic)
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:00 am

Idk i never got any of the merc stuff, not a big fan of handhelds, i still think the series is in better hands elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:59 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
It depends on what the buyer would view as most profitable. If they were to dissolve it, their IPs would likely be split up between however many studios the buyer might own. Studio A would get Resident Evil, Studio B would get Mega Man, etc..
Well that makes sense I guess. I just hope whoever would take over their IPs would stay true to the franchises.

37 Narwhals wrote:
I would, they still have competent developers. We'd just need to hire decent writers and fire the dumb asses who keep making horrible decisions and asinine deductions. Also get rid of Eiichiro Sasaki.
If I had the money, I would just rather open my own studio and get a collection of talented developers and writers and start fresh with the series.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:50 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Vandal wrote:
You know why Leon wasn't in Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D despite being arguably the most popular character in the series, and despite the fact that Capcom stated that the characters that get in the game was to based on their popularity? Because they wanted Resident Evil 6 to officially be the first game with Chris and Leon in the same game. They're making bad choices for moot causes, and that's their biggest problem.

When Mercenaries came out I thought that they didn't include both of them because they didn't want to mix them never in any RE game (which I think would have been pretty cool), but then with RE6, the false trailer hype that tried to fool us into thinking that at least for some portion of the game Leon and Chris will be against one another and just turned out to be a shitty cutscene......(in which I dissagree with Leon's attitude, but that's another topic)

Actually, let's talk about that quickly. The trailer they debuted to announce that both characters would be playable in the same game for the first time was a big deal. I remember articles online expressing the hype they had for that. It looked like there would be a fight that you could take part of, and they suggested a friction between the characters like in a Batman vs. Superman kind of way; two heroes at odds with each other. What do we get in the actual game? A two minute cutscene and that's it. Friggin Jake spent more time with Leon and Chris did than Leon and Chris did with each other. There was barely any screentime with them across 3 campaigns! Anyway, that's Capcom pulling the shit out of their bag again.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 12:07 am

Vandal wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Actually, let's talk about that quickly. The trailer they debuted to announce that both characters would be playable in the same game for the first time was a big deal. I remember articles online expressing the hype they had for that. It looked like there would be a fight that you could take part of, and they suggested a friction between the characters like in a Batman vs. Superman kind of way; two heroes at odds with each other. What do we get in the actual game? A two minute cutscene and that's it. Friggin Jake spent more time with Leon and Chris did than Leon and Chris did with each other. There was barely any screentime with them across 3 campaigns! Anyway, that's Capcom pulling the shit out of their bag again.
Not to mention that the entire Chris/Leon crossover was just a big game of "Which team is better" from the race to the elevator, to the race to deactivate the locks first, and finally the race to who gets to "Ada" first. No form or cooperation at all. Not like any of the other crossovers where they all try to take out a common foe.

@PAULSAMSON: I really hated Leon's attitude in that cutscene too. I could make a speech about it.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Capcom For Sale (My thoughts)   Capcom is for sale?! EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Just wanted to share this with you guys, it's a few days late but i've been very very busy.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:19 pm

A separate topic wasn't necessary, so I merged your post here.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Sorry i just thought it would be better in the video section since it's not really news related but more an opinion piece.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Not to mention that the entire Chris/Leon crossover was just a big game of "Which team is better" from the race to the elevator, to the race to deactivate the locks first, and finally the race to who gets to "Ada" first. No form or cooperation at all. Not like any of the other crossovers where they all try to take out a common foe.

@PAULSAMSON: I really hated Leon's attitude in that cutscene too. I could make a speech about it.

Leon was upset about losing the Prez, as well as millions of civilians due to that outbreak of the C-Virus...Although Chris was unreasonably angry at Ada, or Ada's clone, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Leon is just too enamored with Ada to act objectively when she's involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom is for sale?!   Capcom is for sale?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Capcom is for sale?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next