HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Question about RE1 (psone version)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

Question about RE1 (psone version) Empty
PostSubject: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 5:59 am

I was wondering could somebody help me with a query on Resident evil 1 for the psone. During Chris's play through, after the garden house part when you return to the mansion there's usually a segment where Rebecca gets cornered by a hunter and you can either help her or let her be killed by it. In Standard and Beginners mode you find her in the book room with the file informing you about the medicinal herbs whilst in Arrange mode I think you can find her being cornered next to the save room with serums (where you find the serum for Richard).

In arrange mode, I was wondering how do you trigger this part ? I was playing as Chris a few weeks ago and I was surprised that this part didn't occur. After you find Wesker in the garden house and return to the mansion the first hunter races through the mansion and after you kill it, Chris somewhat confusingly says "what are they Monsters ?" [another gem of voice acting) and "Rebecca is she still in the house?" but during my play through upon killing the first hunter Chris didn't say this and consequently I never had to save Rebecca. She didn't show up till near the end of the game where she survives Wesker shooting her and she activates the Triggering system.

So I was wondering how do you trigger the hunter cornering her segment in arrange mode ? during the same play through I killed Plant 42 by playing as her and using the V-Jolt on it. Does this have any bearing or significance on the course of events ?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:27 am

Would you believe Teh Spike has never played Arrange in RE1? RE2 sure, but not RE1.

And of course you mean Director's Cut?
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 12:14 pm

MSR wrote:
Would you believe Teh Spike has never played Arrange in RE1? RE2 sure, but not RE1

I'm afraid my Resident evil 2 doesn't offer Arrange mode. It's just either easy or Normal

Quote :
And of course you mean Director's Cut?

Well yes I think so but this is a bit complicated. I purchased the game (with a demo of RE 2) and the disk specifically says Director's cut. So logically it should be but I'm not 100% sure it is.

In the Director's cut, isn't the opening in colour and when the narrator mentions the bizarre murders that have occurred in Raccoon City, it shows you the mutilated and dismembered corpses ? in my version it's in black and white and instead of showing the mutilated bodies, it just shows newspaper clips.

Also I think in the director's cut when you encounter the first zombie, after he turns around and spots the player it shows you Kenneth's decapitated head and when you Examine Kenneth's corpse it shows you his whole body with his head separated from his body.

My version doesn't have that, and when you examine Kenneth's corpse it just shows you from the neck downwards.

So I'm not actually sure which version I own
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:04 pm

RE2 on GC definitely has an Arrange. Don't remember for the Ps1 version however.

As for your supposed copy of Director's Cut, Teh Spike would suggest paying attention to the music in the opening scene. Really, though, ALL the BGM is different in DC compared to the original RE1. Not actually sure where the 'uncut' opening scene is available tbh aside from teh internetz
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:17 pm

MSR wrote:
RE2 on GC definitely has an Arrange. Don't remember for the Ps1 version however.

Ah that explains it. Mine is the Ps1 version

Quote :
As for your supposed copy of Director's Cut, Teh Spike would suggest paying attention to the music in the opening scene. Really, though, ALL the BGM is different in DC compared to the original RE1. Not actually sure where the 'uncut' opening scene is available tbh aside from teh internetz

Yes, when I was trying to remember the differences between the two versions I completely forgot the different soundtrack that each one has. Mine has the original soundtrack.

I've suspected that mine might actually have been the original game and not the director's cut, although both the box I purchased it in specifically mentioned it's the director's cut and the disk itself says it is. Must have been a big labelling mistake.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 4:14 pm

There were also regional differences, meaning that some things were censored in some regions despite the version. Also the Dualshock edition of the Director's Cut is different.

I have the PAL Director's Cut with RE2 demo and the opening cutscene is black and white. It should even say "Resident Evil Director's Cut" in the main menu instead of just "Resident Evil".
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 4:17 am

The scene you are looking for doesn't have anything to do with what mode of the game you are playing, it is just the order of how you go about doing the events. I can't remember exactly but I think you need to ensure you fist meet Rebecca in the infirmary where she blasts you with bug spray. This will then trigger the scene underneath the stairs later in the game.

However, if you first meet Rebecca whilst she is with Richard in the corridor near the attic, she will be attacked by a Hunter in the upstairs study instead.

Because of the items being swapped around in the director's cut, this mode pretty much forces you to encounter Rebecca and Richard together near the attic, so this is perhaps why you are struggling.
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
There were also regional differences, meaning that some things were censored in some regions despite the version. Also the Dualshock edition of the Director's Cut is different.

I have the PAL Director's Cut with RE2 demo and the opening cutscene is black and white. It should even say "Resident Evil Director's Cut" in the main menu instead of just "Resident Evil".

Ah right. Thank you for the explanation.

TheBatMan wrote:
I can't remember exactly but I think you need to ensure you fist meet Rebecca in the infirmary where she blasts you with bug spray. This will then trigger the scene underneath the stairs later in the game.

However, if you first meet Rebecca whilst she is with Richard in the corridor near the attic, she will be attacked by a Hunter in the upstairs study instead.

Because of the items being swapped around in the director's cut, this mode pretty much forces you to encounter Rebecca and Richard together near the attic, so this is perhaps why you are struggling.

Thank you for the info, although during this particular run through I think I may have actually encountered Rebecca in the infirmary first and by the time I got to the room where Richard is, he was already dead. (this was a few weeks ago so I can't remember 100% if this was the route I took)

I always thought the scene with Rebecca and the Hunter was inevitable, and I didn't know you could trigger it in two different places in any mode.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 9:28 am

r-zone wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Ah right. Thank you for the explanation.

TheBatMan wrote:
I can't remember exactly but I think you need to ensure you fist meet Rebecca in the infirmary where she blasts you with bug spray. This will then trigger the scene underneath the stairs later in the game.

Thank you for the info, although during this particular run through I think I may have actually encountered Rebecca in the infirmary first and by the time I got to the room where Richard is, he was already dead. (this was a few weeks ago so I can't remember 100% if this was the route I took)

I always thought the scene with Rebecca and the Hunter was inevitable, and I didn't know you could trigger it in two different places in any mode.

To my knowledge, quite a few things can happen if you go one way instead of another.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Quote :
To my knowledge, quite a few things can happen if you go one way instead of another.

True especially with Jill's play through (which I'm much more familiar with). I'm just puzzled why this segment during Chris's walkthrough didn't occur.

I guess technically speaking whatever I did must have been the correct way since Rebecca was never in any peril, she destroys the mansion and you can save Jill for the best ending .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about RE1 (psone version)   Question about RE1 (psone version) Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about RE1 (psone version)
Page 1 of 1