HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?

Go down 
+5
PWNERX
NiteKrawler
Vandal
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which would you want back?
Tank Controls&Static Cameras
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_lcap25%Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Static Cameras
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_lcap17%Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Tank Controls
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_lcap0%Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_lcap33%Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Hope this is not Chris' poll
Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_lcap25%Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Empty
PostSubject: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:07 pm

One thing some people probably thought about the series before 4 was that Tank Controls and static cameras were a staple of the series. When 4 came out, apparently there were complaints regarding the lack of static cameras. I'm not sure why, but if you ask me, removing the static cameras were a much needed change. Now it's easier to see how much space there is between a wall, and your enemy in a "Fight or flight" situation. Plus, you don't need to rely on auto-aiming to see if an enemy is in the area. As a plus, shooting became freer than ever. Head-shots weren't by chance anymore (at least in REmake, 3, and 0's case).

Tank controls were something that took getting used to when I started the series because to simply because I was used to GTA's more fluid movement. I was disappointed that 0-5 (sans 3) didn't have any proper dodging controls other than quick walking forwards&backwards, running around an enemy and hoping their axe, pitchfork, etc wouldn't hit you, and QTEs. Especially after finding out that Leon trained to be a cop, and for six years as an agent, Jill and Chris had been in the military prior to the Mansion incident. Along with that, it was pretty embarrassing how we couldn't dodge a single zombie. Yes we could run around it, but what if you're in a tight corridor? CVX had Chris shoving a zombie like it was nothing at one point in the end. It took three games to finally implement a quick turn, but at times, it was just too slow. Against zombies, they were fine, but Hunters, dogs, monkeys, and other quick enemies were different. Plus, when stopping and going again to change directions, I felt like I was running around an invisible pillar.

In conclusion, If Capcom wants to make RE7 a survival horror game, I'm hoping those two aspects are gone. In terms of gameplay, the closest we'll get to is something like 4 if they intend on using familiar characters that aren't in the B.S.A.A(basically the military so that's out of the question).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:02 am

No, I do not want them back. That'd feel like a step backwards. If people want horror back, it can be easily done with the new controls. For example, Silent Hill Downpour scares the shit out of me and there's no tank controls in that one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:04 am

Why bother with dated game mechanics anyway?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:43 am

I want an actual tank character. Like...literally play as a sentient tank. That can jump.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 am

Definitely Chris' Poll.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:06 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I want an actual tank character. Like...literally play as a sentient tank. That can jump.
That would actually be pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:28 am

Vandal wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I can see them doing that for a minigame similar to The Fourth Survivor.

@Vandal (4 posts up): There's always that one guy who can't accept things.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:38 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I can see them doing that for a minigame similar to The Fourth Survivor.

@Vandal (4 posts up): There's always that one guy who can't accept things.
>.<
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:06 am

I'd like a game with a camera similar to Code Veronica, but you can press a button to put the camera in the "over the shoulder" position. So basically RE3.5 with more polish and without the supernatural feel.

Vandal wrote:
Rolling Eyes Yeah, every single game involving guns should use RE6's "modern" mechanics, right? With the "shooter" controls which have been around since at least 2004, and the camera which was introduced in 2005. Also FPS games in general should go away because they've been around since 1992.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Metal Slug. The tank isn't sentient but it sure can jump.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:32 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Rolling Eyes Yeah, every single game involving guns should use RE6's "modern" mechanics, right? With the "shooter" controls which have been around since at least 2004, and the camera which was introduced in 2005. Also FPS games in general should go away because they've been around since 1992.
It's not dated if you can still make millions on it. Michael Jackson has been dead for four years and he made over $350 million last year. The latest Code Veronica HD rerelease barely scratched 0.01 million units.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Tank controls? Who voted for tank controls? I will trout-slap you.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Who voted for both:?: Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Yes, that is what I actually meant, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:54 pm

It seems that two overall voted for static cameras. I just hope these are not Chris' ideas. If not, we could blame Barry's COD for all of this Laughing.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Nobudy wrote:
It seems that two overall voted for static cameras. I just hope these are not Chris' ideas. If not, we could blame Barry's COD for all of this Laughing.
Sorry, I voted for 'I hope this is not Chris' Poll'.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:45 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Sorry, I voted for 'I hope this is not Chris' Poll'.
No worries. That option for for laughs.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Someone should vote for none. Like, hoping for no controls at all. Technokinesis bitch!
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm older than most of you guys so i appreciate the oldschool game more i guess. I voted for static cam and tank controls lol. The classics are the best and i think the series has lost it's way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:00 am

Forget about static camera angles and bad controls. The real solution is to make the game REALISTIC.

Get rid of the magic ability to carry multiple weapons. Every item in your inventory should be visible on your character. Jackets(pockets), combat vest, backpack will increase your inventory space but will also decrease your mobility and stamina. Enemies will also be able to grab on to jackets and backpacks so wear with caution.

Want to kill a zombie? Hit em in the head! try hitting a group of swaying zombies in the head with a handgun. Good luck!

Nervous/Fatigue meter Meter Gear Solid feature where you had to take pills in order to calm your nerves which decreased sway during sniping. I propose a system similar, instead nerves/fatigue will affect aiming in general. Each character will have different Nerve/fatigue thresholds. For example, if this system was in RE2: Leon would have a higher nerve threshold whereas Claire would have the better stamina. Nerves would be triggered by enemy encounters. If a zombie is in front of you, the nervous affect would be minimal. However if an enemy surprises you, the nervous affect would be moderate to severe. Large enemies will also increase the nervous affect. I haven't fully ironed out the fatigue system but in theory it should deter the player from running excessively and overusing melee attacks(melee attacks are ineffective against non-zombie characters). I want to create a fight/flight meta-game.

Cool
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I'm older than most of you guys so i appreciate the oldschool game more i guess. I voted for static cam and tank controls lol. The classics are the best and i think the series has lost it's way.
Wrong. I'm 17, an RE2 was the best. Although RE3 was what got me hooked...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:13 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Forget about static camera angles and bad controls. The real solution is to make the game REALISTIC.

Get rid of the magic ability to carry multiple weapons. Every item in your inventory should be visible on your character. Jackets(pockets), combat vest, backpack will increase your inventory space but will also decrease your mobility and stamina. Enemies will also be able to grab on to jackets and backpacks so wear with caution.

Want to kill a zombie? Hit em in the head! try hitting a group of swaying zombies in the head with a handgun. Good luck!

Nervous/Fatigue meter Meter Gear Solid feature where you had to take pills in order to calm your nerves which decreased sway during sniping. I propose a system similar, instead nerves/fatigue will affect aiming in general. Each character will have different Nerve/fatigue thresholds. For example, if this system was in RE2: Leon would have a higher nerve threshold whereas Claire would have the better stamina. Nerves would be triggered by enemy encounters. If a zombie is in front of you, the nervous affect would be minimal. However if an enemy surprises you, the nervous affect would be moderate to severe. Large enemies will also increase the nervous affect. I haven't fully ironed out the fatigue system but in theory it should deter the player from running excessively and overusing melee attacks(melee attacks are ineffective against non-zombie characters). I want to create a fight/flight meta-game.

Cool
So what you are proposing is a mix of the three previous numbered RE titles? RE4's item management, all your weapons actually showing on your body from RE5 and the stamina meter from RE6. Additionally an inventory increasing backpack from Outbreak or the pouch from RE2. They didn't affect your movement but the idea sounds similar to DayZ where every item has its own weight.

Btw. Why would Claire have higher stamina? Leon went through police training. Nitpicking, I know, but that thought just occurred to me.

Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:36 am

Based off of Leon and Claire's past history, their "Psyche" would be pretty good, and Leon having a better Fatigue and HP levels than Claire. However, Claire I would say would have an advantage in terms of speed, but Leon would definitely have better endurance. Also, Leon would have better weapon proficiency, also losing his skill slower as his "Nerve" gets worse. Also, Claire can use a Lockpick. We saw this in RE:CV/X. Clothing/Armor upgrades would matter as well. Seeing how Leon would start off with something similar to a Tac. Vest or Dual Holster, he'd have an Inventory advantage over Claire. If he switched to a big ole bullet proof vests with lots of pouches, he'd be a walking tank. Literally.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
So what you are proposing is a mix of the three previous numbered RE titles? RE4's item management, all your weapons actually showing on your body from RE5 and the stamina meter from RE6. Additionally an inventory increasing backpack from Outbreak or the pouch from RE2. They didn't affect your movement but the idea sounds similar to DayZ where every item has its own weight.

Hmmmm... Kinda like RE4. I hated how Leon was able to pull items out of his invisible suitcase, however, I do like the idea of having to fit items in a enclosed space. EVERY SINGLE ITEM in your inventory will be visible on your character. Which means that if you're wearing a t-shirt and jeans, your inventory space will be limited to your jean pockets. If you want to use a shotgun, you would either have to carry it in your hands or fit it into your backpack. I got the item weight idea from Mass Effect 3. I never played DayZ so I can't comment on that. Again, enemies will be able to grab onto your added apparel so there is a consequence.

Yes, RE6 had a stamina meter but did not have a nervous meter that affected aiming. Enemies that shock you will have an negative affect on your aiming.

Claire would have higher stamina because she's a woman Wink

@PWNERX

Just because Leon is a cop doesn't mean he's a weapon expert. And yes, Leon would be slower do to his tactical outfit(I forgot about that), so any added clothing would decrease his speed even more. He would have a inventory and nerve advantage over Claire but his speed would be crap.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Hmmmm... Kinda like RE4. I hated how Leon was able to pull items out of his invisible suitcase, however, I do like the idea of having to fit items in a enclosed space. EVERY SINGLE ITEM in your inventory will be visible on your character. Which means that if you're wearing a t-shirt and jeans, your inventory space will be limited to your jean pockets. If you want to use a shotgun, you would either have to carry it in your hands or fit it into your backpack. I got the item weight idea from Mass Effect 3. I never played DayZ so I can't comment on that. Again, enemies will be able to grab onto your added apparel so there is a consequence.

Yes, RE6 had a stamina meter but did not have a nervous meter that affected aiming. Enemies that shock you will have an negative affect on your aiming.

Claire would have higher stamina because she's a woman Wink

@PWNERX

Just because Leon is a cop doesn't mean he's a weapon expert. And yes, Leon would be slower do to his tactical outfit(I forgot about that), so any added clothing would decrease his speed even more. He would have a inventory and nerve advantage over Claire but his speed would be crap.
Alas, training post RE2 plus RE2 and pre RE2 make him good with weapons...also considering the weapons he had no problems with on the first time he's used them. Also, he was a marksman...wound up in multiple Special Forces...etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?   Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tank Controls and Static Cameras. Do you want them back?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next