Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Six Controls

Go down 
+3
Vandal
Mass Distraction
Spike991
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil Six Controls Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:55 am

So, I'm really curious as to how everbody played RE6. Did you play with the default controls like a noob, or did you amend them at all?

I personally hate the way RE's new default is always Aim with L shoot with R, like a fucking FPS or some shit.

I immediately changed them to play like RE, since it is an RE game afterall, and have had a very satisfying experience with it all. It's actually really nice seeing how Capcom had kept the option for us to keep it old school, despite the BS, like everyone that's not even an RE fan, just a mainstream gamer complaining about RE as is...

I use R to aim and X to shoot. The right stick moves me while aiming, etc., and that's the way RE should be. It makes cover shooting more difficult, and same with the lunging onto your back and aiming stuff, but it still plays like RE. GL could appreciate that. Smile

That is something that makes me happy with RE6, it can still play like RE.

So anyway, I'm curious, what controls did you play with in Resident Evil 6. Be as specific as you'd like, as I know there are actually multiple adjustments available.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:46 am

I used the default setting. I absolutely hate the idea of my "use" button being L1. I propably would have changed the settings if there actually was an option to create a custom layout.

Not controls related but I hid that stupid marker that shows you where to go. If there is an option to hide such a small thing from the screen, why can't I get my HUD to stay in there? It gets annoying when you have to press the navigation button to see your health etc, especially in Mercs where that button is a... taunt? Why the f there is a taunt in mercenaries!

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:41 am

I just used the default controls. No shame in that. But I didn't like how a lot of actions were three button controls, like hit Lt+Ls+A to dodge, hit Rb+X to refill your health tablets, B+Dpad to uselessly communicate with your partner, Lt+Ls(hold) to stay on your back, Lt+Ls(forward) then Ls(hold+down) to leap forward and turn around on your back. Why couldn't it be easier? Like Direction Ls+A to dodge? Get rid of the B button and make that to refill your health tablets.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 am

Oh yeah, the health tablet refill button combination is completely useless. I always add those from the item menu.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 am

Same here. It was just easier than accidentally healing yourself. For some reason I'm stingy when it comes to health tablets, because if you die you get your health refilled anyway.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 pm

I use default, but I did change to using the laser sight.
Back to top Go down
dr_salvador
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
dr_salvador

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Are the controls roughly the same as the older games? I found the control interface a little clunky at times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonnychaos1991
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 am

dr_salvador wrote:
Are the controls roughly the same as the older games? I found the control interface a little clunky at times.

Ummm, no.

I guess it's okay if some of you guys played Default. I won't think less of you for playing default.

I myself could not however. It would've been nearly as bad as my ORC experience, and that was pretty bad.

Like the OP said, using the sorta, "classic", RE controls in RE6 makes certain things more dificult, like seriously try it out, and try using wall cover or that nifty little lunging onto your back move and see how it works.

I can do it though, cuz I'm a boss, but still...
Back to top Go down
dr_salvador
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
dr_salvador

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:48 am

Not at all? Razz Well, actually, that might help. It's a bit clunky at times and a good overhaul will probably help. I think being able to move and shoot is an improvement too.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Resident Evil 6 already gets away with cheap kills in unfair situations like suddenly changing the camera angle when you're on the clock and disorienting you, or not being able to change swap your skills in the options menu because you're in the water, or Quick Time Events that give you half a second to press X+A+Rb+Lt. I don't need both the game itself and the controls trying to kill me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm

They certainly went all out with QTEs this time around.

Why can't game developers understand that nobody likes those? I mean sure they're okay if they're done well, don't require split second reflexes, don't kill you after every turn and are actually used in moderation. Running away from the last boss of Chris' scenario was a pain.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 pm

There's a QTE for everything. Opening doors, flipping knobs and pressing buttons, pulling levers...

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm using the Breakout skill all the time just to make some of the QTEs easier. I think it actually was the first skill I bought in the game.

While the game itself is fantastic, almost half of it is composed of button prompts.
Back to top Go down
dr_salvador
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
dr_salvador

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Even the new Walking Dead game has QTE's. And it's supposed to be a damn point and click adventure...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:30 am

At least that game has implemented them well. I rarely even notice them there and they're actually fun to do. I guess it's just the style of game.
Back to top Go down
dr_salvador
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
dr_salvador

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:21 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
At least that game has implemented them well. I rarely even notice them there and they're actually fun to do. I guess it's just the style of game.

I dunno. Some of them are done well, but some of them just seem like the developers slotted it in for the sake of it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 am

Still, it fits the gameplay style of the game. In RE that tries to be both action and horror, having a QTE every few minutes breaks the immersion.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 am

one of the most annoying QTEs is the rope climbing one.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 am

It wasn't THAT bad. The worst was the part with Chris when he was hanging from that plank. It was just constantly mashing one single button. It was tedious.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 am

I didn't find the control scheme all that bad, I had suspicions of them turning out bad but they done a really good job implementing them into the game.
At times they can get easy to forgot but in general they where not that bad.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
It wasn't THAT bad. The worst was the part with Chris when he was hanging from that plank. It was just constantly mashing one single button. It was tedious.
Oh man I forgot all about that part. Forget my other statement, that one was annoying! Tapping just to swing?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:21 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
They certainly went all out with QTEs this time around.

Why can't game developers understand that nobody likes those? I mean sure they're okay if they're done well, don't require split second reflexes, don't kill you after every turn and are actually used in moderation. Running away from the last boss of Chris' scenario was a pain.

Sometimes I just want to put my controller down and enjoy a cutscene, only to spill my drink and knock everything over in an attempt to hit X on time. Rolling Eyes

The rope climb was extra obnoxious. Almost as bad as that part with Jake and Sherry, at the very end, trying to climb up that thing while that U thing was trying to kill you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Six Controls   Resident Evil Six Controls Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Six Controls
Page 1 of 1