HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?

Go down 
+4
NiteKrawler
CyberCanine
Mass Distraction
Spike991
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? Empty
PostSubject: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:34 pm

So I was talking with somebody(Joker), and thought about something. RE's controls.

What do you want from your RE in regards to gameplay?

I know that OTS works great, mainly because of the aiming. The camera angles were great too, very memorable, and just kind of iconic and symbolic as far as the series is concerned, like typewriters.

I think they should mix the fixed angle, and OTS. Just as simple as certain areas having the fixed camera, and others being OTS. Whenever you aim though, it should always be OTS, for the sake of being able to aim. Perhaps take out the laser sight though.

Having the quick knife is a must at this point, better than it collecting dust in the item box. Manual reload, well in addition to RE4, the Outbreaks had this too. A feature I can't live without.

I think movement wise, it should control just like in always has. Not the crappy RE5 shooter control sets, where you aim with L, shoot with R. As well as strafing.

I do like that RER seems to be implimenting walking while aiming, that's no crime, as we've seen it before, Dead Aim and Outbreak File#2. And it was something I wish I had when playing RE5 mercs, in order to avoid a certain guy's large axe from killing me.

I really liked the self defense items from the REmake. Little letter openers or daggers or whatever, as well as flash grenades and Jill's stun gun. I think we should have those types of things, other items too, just whatever can be used for self defense. It would be nice when a stupid majini grabs you....and just holds you, how annoying right? Not if you can shove a flash grenade in his face.

Another feature is something from Outbreak. If you've played Outbreak, with Kevin, you may remember that while aiming, you could press circle I think, and you would kick. It just did a front kick. That's nice, I hope they bring that back. I mean, while aiming nowadays, we can shoot, and reload, but there are extra buttons for kicking.Smile

Dodging, perhaps taking the primitive system in RE3, work it with the nice button prompted dodging from RE4. Just make it something you can do as often as you could in RE3, but work as well as it did in RE4.

That's all I can think of right now, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:10 am

Everything Spike just said. Dodging, moving while aiming, knife button, another melee (the kick, for example), manual reload, aim to shoot, self defence... I'm ok if we keep the OTS camera in future games, it works well. Item management should stay. So should the weapon upgrades. Well, at least to some extent.

Only thing I'd like to add to that is improvised weapons. When ammo is scarce you can whack the enemy with a lamp. Not that it would be the best idea but just because it happened to be at hand. Then quickturn and run like hell.

Optional co-op for anyone who want's to play the game with a friend. I know I would.

I'm pretty sure we'll get at least some of these things in Operation Raccoon City.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to go over item management. I think the inventory was good in RE5, I liked the hot key feature for items in the North, East, South & West positions.

Although that wouldn't be necessary if it weren't real-time, the inventory.

And that wouldn't be necessary if there wasn't some sort of cooperative experience.

I think Coop should be in, just not the story. Mercs is a perfect place, just side things, but the main story should be single player, and RE5 is what made me think this.Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:32 am

Spike991 wrote:
I think Coop should be in, just not the story. Mercs is a perfect place, just side things, but the main story should be single player, and RE5 is what made me think this.Smile
I would like to have a story co-op, but make it so it isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Or maybe two different stories. I mean if it was optional....I just don't see how it would happen. I mean a lone wolf experience.

Having an annoying AI Sheva, but isn't quite what I'm talking about. Having a friend is what made that doable, but if you were having to deal with AI Sheva, that made everything so much more challenging, but in a bad way.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:15 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Or maybe two different stories. I mean if it was optional....I just don't see how it would happen. I mean a lone wolf experience.
Didn't the outbreak have a Lone Wolf mode? That would work pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Didn't the outbreak have a Lone Wolf mode? That would work pretty well.

Yeah, it was a mode called, Lone Wolf Mode. That's why I keep referring to it like that.

That would be good. Difference is, the AI partners in Outbreak, while you certainly aren't forced to rely on them, they really aren't a big part of the story, none of the characters are really. Except a few on certain, specific levels, like Yoko on Below Freezing Point, etc.

I can't imagine an actual main story game, having an optional partner, AI or otherwise, without being complete crap. At least as much as RE5 was....
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:43 am

Spike991 wrote:
]I can't imagine an actual main story game, having an optional partner, AI or otherwise, without being complete crap. At least as much as RE5 was....
Killzone 3 had an optional partner and it worked well. It was a story character from earlier games but didn't have much to do with the story of the third game.

While I did watch the ending to Killzone 2, I don't know how the story really works there, but I doubt RE is quite that....easy to just throw in an optional character, without it affecting the story to an extent. And if it doesn't affect the story, it makes me wonder why they are even there.

I mean, if there is a partner, they are there, they exist, and have a role, that can't really be a hugely insignificant thing, if they are there for the entire thing.

I just don't understand how it could be optional.

Perhaps you could explain how it works in Killzone 3.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Thu May 19, 2011 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CyberCanine
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
CyberCanine

PostSubject: Resident Evil 5   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:31 pm

I know people will flame me for this, but I kinda like the controls for Resident Evil 5. Yes they are kinda hard to get used to, but once you get used to them, they are fine. It's just like any other game that you play. You just have to get used to them and it takes time to do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cybercanine.deviantart.com
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:33 pm

To be honest, the controls haven't changed all that much from the old style to the new style. Tank controls are tank controls. I adapt to any control scheme very quickly. So I like them all.
Back to top Go down
CyberCanine
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
CyberCanine

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
To be honest, the controls haven't changed all that much from the old style to the new style. Tank controls are tank controls. I adapt to any control scheme very quickly. So I like them all.

That's right. I personally think that people just want to complain about something so they complain about the controls
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:21 am

The tank controls are good for me. They've always been a part of RE so there's not much to adapt when you're a long time RE player.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:49 am

I have no problem with the controls, I'm just tired of having the camera right over the player character's shoulder all the damn time.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:38 am

One big problem all OTS shooters have is the fact that your bullets projectory is slanted or at an angle,causing what seems to be a perfect shot to plant itself in the cover you're behind.Maybe Resident Evil should take a tip from Assasin and Zelda.In both games you can temporarily switch to first person view to tag an enemy from far off.It would be really convenient if they did this and drop the red dot sight,since it's a tad unnecessary for the job that the characters are doing.Anyway,laser sights,thermal optic,red dot,and ACOG sights require batteries.Where would you find batteries in rural Spain or in the middle of Africa?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:34 am

Deagle50 wrote:
One big problem all OTS shooters have is the fact that your bullets projectory is slanted or at an angle,causing what seems to be a perfect shot to plant itself in the cover you're behind.Maybe Resident Evil should take a tip from Assasin and Zelda.In both games you can temporarily switch to first person view to tag an enemy from far off.It would be really convenient if they did this and drop the red dot sight,since it's a tad unnecessary for the job that the characters are doing.Anyway,laser sights,thermal optic,red dot,and ACOG sights require batteries.Where would you find batteries in rural Spain or in the middle of Africa?
Nothing needs to make sense in video games. I would assume the batteries would just keep going foevah.

Btw. Revelations is going to have the ability to use temporary first person view while shooting. It was also used in Dead Aim.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:55 pm

RE relies way too much on shooting to switch perspectives every time. It would get annoying. I find the OTS camera just fine.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:14 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
RE relies way too much on shooting to switch perspectives every time. It would get annoying. I find the OTS camera just fine.

It wouldn't have to. OTS and shooting aren't exclusive. They could totally have less enemies, or just less times where you would shoot them, and still have OTS.

They could also mix in fixed camera angles for areas without any shooting, just to enjoy a great location.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:
Nothing needs to make sense in video games. I would assume the batteries would just keep going foevah.

Btw. Revelations is going to have the ability to use temporary first person view while shooting. It was also used in Dead Aim.
Oh ok.Anyway,had an idea.Wouldn't it be cool to have to find the batteries?That would be sweet!If you didn't use them you could just sell them.It would be interesting I think.
Back to top Go down
GreggKennedy
Zombie
Zombie
GreggKennedy

Playstation Network none

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Man, resident evil 2's camers system relies on predefined angles, which I didn't like. a lot.

But re4 and re5 has improvised their camera system, which I super liked.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:57 am

Deagle50 wrote:
Anyway,had an idea.Wouldn't it be cool to have to find the batteries?That would be sweet!If you didn't use them you could just sell them.It would be interesting I think.
I think there was some game you had to find batteries for your flashlight... Anyone played Alan Wake? I never did but I'd assume it had that.

A nice way to create more suspense. Just make it so the batteries or some equivalent don't run out TOO fast, like in Penumbra or Amnesia. They are scary games but that would take a bit away from the game.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:42 pm

I want shooting in my RE games so switching perspectives is just a bad idea. The way they have it now is just fine. Also, they could have the flashlight work like the headlamp/nightvision in AvP. Have a headlamp that only lights up a small part of your view and then have nightvision that lights everything up but runs on a battery. So you have to stop using the nightvision to let it recharge. Actually finding batteries would suck though. Just let the flashlight recharge on its own when not in use.
Back to top Go down
CyberCanine
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
CyberCanine

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:47 pm

GreggKennedy wrote:
Man, resident evil 2's camers system relies on predefined angles, which I didn't like. a lot.

But re4 and re5 has improvised their camera system, which I super liked.

Even though I really like Resident Evil 2, I have to agree with you on the whole camera system. It gets annoying after a while, but you also kinda get used to it and learn to deal with it. Resident Evil 4 camera controls were awesome because you had SOME control over the camera, but not complete control like in Resident Evil 5. I like the camera system in Resident Evil 4, but at times I did get kinda annoyed with it. When it comes to the camera system for Resident Evil 5, I hated it. That's odd because the camera system for RE5 is very similar to the camera system to Final Fantasy 12, which I liked. To me being able to control the camera completely in a game like Resident Evil 5 is a bad choice. I prefer the camera system of Resident Evil 4 and would like Capcom to make another Resident Evil game with that camera system
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:50 pm

I must add that moving and changing the camera angle was a bit weird in DA. I got used to it but it was hard at first and felt really awkward.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:09 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I want shooting in my RE games so switching perspectives is just a bad idea. The way they have it now is just fine. Also, they could have the flashlight work like the headlamp/nightvision in AvP. Have a headlamp that only lights up a small part of your view and then have nightvision that lights everything up but runs on a battery. So you have to stop using the nightvision to let it recharge. Actually finding batteries would suck though. Just let the flashlight recharge on its own when not in use.

Speaking of, do you remember how Leon held the flashlight with his gun in the RE4 Beta? That's something I would like to see.

Even a flashlight on the gun.

I didn't like the flashlight on his belt the whole time...
Back to top Go down
GreggKennedy
Zombie
Zombie
GreggKennedy

Playstation Network none

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:12 am

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Speaking of, do you remember how Leon held the flashlight with his gun in the RE4 Beta? That's something I would like to see.

Even a flashlight on the gun.

I didn't like the flashlight on his belt the whole time...

RE4 beta was scary, I almost peed my pants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?   What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your ideal RE gameplay/controls?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next