HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Favourite moment in all of horror?

Go down 
+10
00biohazard
halestride
Paperface*
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
Known_Hero
PWNERX
Vandal
TyrantSteve
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
To my knowledge you are not allowed to own a long barreled gun under the age of 18, let alone a handgun which requires you to be the age of 21. This according to the gun laws in US. I am assuming you do not own these guns yourself but a member of your family does, therefore they are not exactly yours.

They are in the house, yes, but in the case of an intruder, they will be used. And, we live in Maine.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Vandal wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Vandal wrote:
At any rate, I stand by my horror definitions.

To each their own. We all have things that scare us that won't scare others. It's all a matter of opinion. Different things scare different people. For me, I love the jump scares; they keep you on your toes. You never quite know when something's gonna happen. And with the way that Resident Evil in particular sets it up, everything adds to that anticipation.

Ehm.. I'm sorry, but can you explain that in Resident Evil? I mean you do get to read about someone's final hours before they bop their heads out of a closet door, but most all the time, they're just slowly walking towards you. If you anticipate a jump scare, how is it a jump scare?

In Resident Evil you pretty much mind your own business when bodies rise from the dead and try to murder you. But when they all rise from the dead it's loses the edge.

You're not anticipating the exact scare, you're more of waiting for something bad to happen. Once nothing has happened and you've let your guard down, then something really bad happens.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:22 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
To my knowledge you are not allowed to own a long barreled gun under the age of 18, let alone a handgun which requires you to be the age of 21. This according to the gun laws in US. I am assuming you do not own these guns yourself but a member of your family does, therefore they are not exactly yours.

They are in the house, yes, but in the case of an intruder, they will be used. And, we live in Maine.
Oh, you live in Maine, I guess that changes everything. Yup, you must have so many weapons, that makes you so cool.

TyrantSteve wrote:
Vandal wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Vandal wrote:
At any rate, I stand by my horror definitions.

To each their own. We all have things that scare us that won't scare others. It's all a matter of opinion. Different things scare different people. For me, I love the jump scares; they keep you on your toes. You never quite know when something's gonna happen. And with the way that Resident Evil in particular sets it up, everything adds to that anticipation.

Ehm.. I'm sorry, but can you explain that in Resident Evil? I mean you do get to read about someone's final hours before they bop their heads out of a closet door, but most all the time, they're just slowly walking towards you. If you anticipate a jump scare, how is it a jump scare?

In Resident Evil you pretty much mind your own business when bodies rise from the dead and try to murder you. But when they all rise from the dead it's loses the edge.

You're not anticipating the exact scare, you're more of waiting for something bad to happen. Once nothing has happened and you've let your guard down, then something really bad happens.

Well again, I think that more falls under the third catagory. Resident Evil doesn't really do that for me. It's more like a walk in the park, and every now and then step in a pile of dog doo that you didn't see. It's still a nice day though, and you can wipe your foot on the grass.
Back to top Go down
halestride
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
From what i know you can have a long barreled rifle under the age of 18 you just have to pass these test. yeah ik for a fact you have to be 21 and older to have a handgun because its an easy weapon to hide. Thats the main reason people cant have one or i would have mine right now. people are worried about somone shooting up the place.
Back to top Go down
http://gamergeneration.forumotion.com/
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:43 pm

SWITCHMYND wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
From what i know you can have a long barreled rifle under the age of 18 you just have to pass these test. yeah ik for a fact you have to be 21 and older to have a handgun because its an easy weapon to hide. Thats the main reason people cant have one or i would have mine right now. people are worried about somone shooting up the place.

I do believe the revolver is a 6-inch German made meant for home defense. Just about everything else is for Hunting or other purposes. But dealing with the thread, I really enjoyed Hellraiser 2 and Day of the Dead (Both versions). Great, jumpy movies!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:34 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I know you live in Maine, it says so on your profile. In any case, I don't see how it pertains to anything. If you lived in Vermont it'd be a different story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I know you live in Maine, it says so on your profile. In any case, I don't see how it pertains to anything. If you lived in Vermont it'd be a different story.
At least he doesn't live in California, where defending yourself from harm in any manner will get you arrested for assault and whatever else on the person trying to hurt you... Neutral 
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:58 pm

It's pretty much the same in England, too. But I don't really give a damn. I defend myself if provoked. If anybody breaks into my house, or harms my family, then god help them.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't needs no License!!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:39 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Law says otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:09 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Wave a gun in front of a police and prove it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:04 am

Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
He'd get arrested or shot doing that whether he has a license or not because it would constitute threatening behavior.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:50 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
He'd get arrested or shot doing that whether he has a license or not because it would constitute threatening behavior.
We actually had police over...but no one was arrested, it was a dispute between us, and the neighbors and their incredibly stupid, stuff breakin kids. No firearms were discharged that day.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
We actually had police over...but no one was arrested, it was a dispute between us, and the neighbors and their incredibly stupid, stuff breakin kids. No firearms were discharged that day.
And the Avoiding Questions Award goes to...

OH MY GOD! It's unbelievable! PWNERX! C'mon up here you lucky dog, you!
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:48 pm

What question again? In the case that it whether or not Miami is good enough, I may have answered it in another thread.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:24 pm

We were talking about how your own weapon possession is illegal and you went off about a story that no one particularly cares about.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Vandal wrote:
We were talking about how your own weapon possession is illegal and you went off about a story that no one particularly cares about.  
According to police, no. Not illegal. But in the case that someone throws a flaming raccoon through the window, that is TRESSPASSING...kind of.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 am

PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:
According to police, no. Not illegal. But in the case that someone throws a flaming raccoon through the window, that is TRESSPASSING...kind of.
Considering that none of the guns are actually his it isn't exactly illegal for them to be in the same household.

Btw. According to police a minor owning a gun is indeed illegal. So is waving a gun in their face but this I just mention because it was already mentioned Razz
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:43 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Considering that none of the guns are actually his it isn't exactly illegal for them to be in the same household.

Btw. According to police a minor owning a gun is indeed illegal. So is waving a gun in their face but this I just mention because it was already mentioned Razz
Of course owning a gun is legal, but a minor owning a gun isn't.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:50 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:

The gun I own is a Bolt-action .22 magnum rifle. Not as big as a caliber as the .357, but still effective.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:03 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:

The gun I own is a Bolt-action .22 magnum rifle. Not as big as a caliber as the .357, but still effective.
Ohh you shore are scary mister.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Ohh you shore are scary mister.
It's not supposed t be scary! The rifle isn't even threatening (Looks-wise)!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:51 am

It's still illegal for a minor to own a gun. That is the main point. Anyway, back on topic.

No, I had nothing to add, shut up.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:38 am

So we can all agree that PWNRX is an immature snot. ANYWAY! In Bioshock Infinite, nearing the end there's a scene where you first encounter the Boys of Silence. If you know what I'm talking about, then you already know what the scene is about. It is a jump scare, but they build up to the moment, the expose some details story-wise and when you lease expect it he's standing right behind you.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 am

In Turok 3, the final boss, Oblivion, when he transforms from the kid to the fucking demon god monster entity. Creepy shit when I was 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite moment in all of horror?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next