HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Favourite moment in all of horror?

Go down 
+10
00biohazard
halestride
Paperface*
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
Known_Hero
PWNERX
Vandal
TyrantSteve
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

Favourite moment in all of horror? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Who here can pinpoint their most favourite moment in all horror? Let's get a nice discussion going where we can talk about the moments in horror that we all love.

I'll start it off. For me, one of my favourite scenes in horror is when Lori gets killed in "The Walking Dead". Be it comic or show-wise, I hate Lori. Don't judge me for this.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:52 pm

There's a scene in Metro: Last Light where you have to call a boat via an old rusted bell. On the walk through sewage tunnels you hear the growling of watchmen as you quietly approach the dank grounds alone. Shadows of hunched figures scatter as you try to shine a light on them with your flashlight, putting together images in your mind on what lies ahead. Seriously the most memorable part in the game.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:51 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
Who here can pinpoint their most favourite moment in all horror? Let's get a nice discussion going where we can talk about the moments in horror that we all love.

I'll start it off. For me, one of my favourite scenes in horror is when Lori gets killed in "The Walking Dead". Be it comic or show-wise, I hate Lori. Don't judge me for this.

Wheres Carl? A. Not in the house, B. Not in the HOUSE C. Not IN THE HOUSE D. NOT IN THE HOUSE

I enjoyed the few moments in horror I had in the two Condemned games. They wuz good games, yet under rated.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:02 pm

PWNERX wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Wheres Carl? A. Not in the house, B. Not in the HOUSE C. Not IN THE HOUSE D. NOT IN THE HOUSE

Reminds me of this meme..
Favourite moment in all of horror? 24fdb3l

The ending of Tales from the Hood scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. Very underrated movie.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Reminds me of this meme..
Favourite moment in all of horror? 24fdb3l

The ending of Tales from the Hood scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. Very underrated movie.

I believe I have that movie. Yes, I do. I have it on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:42 pm

In the original Halloween, when Lauri is hiding in the closet and Michael Myers bursts through the doors.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:19 am

I guess the first time I ever played Silent Hill. The dream sequence at the beginning with the neverending alleys and all the grey children trying to kill you. There's no way to escape, just succumb to your enevitable death. The best part is that I never realized it was a dream.

Also the ending of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. One of the best endings in gaming, ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:24 am

Rule of Rose. Just...the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:32 am

Clock tower. The part where you had to hide and pray that Stephanie(the little girl) won't find you. I remember i used to scream watching my brother play clock tower. And that i had nightmares about Stephanie.

Favourite moment in all of horror? Large_zpsdcf47892
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:44 am

Y'know, I never found any zombie films or games to ever feel horrific. Sure some of it is disgusting, they have jump scares here and there, but that's not really horror. That's just startling. If a raccoon crashed through your bedroom window on fire, that'll startle you, but it's not really horror.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 am

Vandal wrote:
Y'know, I never found any zombie films or games to ever feel horrific. Sure some of it is disgusting, they have jump scares here and there, but that's not really horror. That's just startling. If a raccoon crashed through your bedroom window on fire, that'll startle you, but it's not really horror.

Are you kidding me? A burning raccoon crashing through my bedroom window would scare the shit outta me.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:34 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Are you kidding me? A burning raccoon crashing through my bedroom window would scare the shit outta me.
It'll startle you. But what if you got a message telling you that a flaming raccoon will burst through your window at any moment, you discount the message at first, thinking it won't happen. Then you start thinking about it, you have a mental image in your head, you start to anticipate it, you don't know when or if it will even happen. You're in the corner of your room staring out the window, it's silent and then bam. It busts a move and you wet your pants.

Where one situation one startles you, the other situation it horrifies you.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:33 am

Nope, if I already knew the flaming raccoon was going to burst through my window, the event will only startle me. After that, I'll be on the phone with the cops telling them that some sick bastard is trying to mess with me. However, if I didn't know about it, I would be left with so many unanswered questions. How did the raccoon catch fire? How did it gather up enough force to break through my window? Is some sick bastard stalking me? I can call the cops but I have no evidence that someone was involved. What would I do? My imagination would drown me in fear.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:35 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Nope, if I already knew the flaming raccoon was going to burst through my window, the event will only startle me. After that, I'll be on the phone with the cops telling them that some sick bastard is trying to mess with me. However, if I didn't know about it, I would be left with so many unanswered questions. How did the raccoon catch fire? How did it gather up enough force to break through my window? Is some sick bastard stalking me? I can call the cops but I have no evidence that someone was involved. What would I do? My imagination would drown me in fear.

That is usually where .357 in dresser drawer comes into play...and/or many knives, katana, 3 rifles and shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Point taken, bad example, let's use monsters since we're on the topic of horror.

-Say a monster jumps out of a closet and yells "oga booga booga!" That's your classic movie jump scare.
-A monster walks towards you in a brightly lit cooridor. That's your Resident Evil/Dead Space approach of horror, focused more on your lack of firepower.
-There are signs of monster laying around, you may have a dead body here, you may hear sounds there, a shadow moves across the room. You're left to your imagination to think about what the monster is, what it's capable of, if it really is a monster, if it's right behind you, you don't want to think about it buy you know he's there and when you finally turn around he slaps your face with a fish.

The third one works best because it leaves the imagination to do the work. There was a scene in Resident Evil 6 where you open up a door and a dog jumps out. It startled me, it even got my heart racing. But that was a short instance that lasted mere seconds. The feeling was gone as soon as it came. (Hehe.) Then I played Tomb Raider, there was a scene where Lara had to go fetch a radio in a wolf's den. In the barely lit cave, you hear growling, as you crawl over fresh bones and human flesh, you see the silhouette of a wolf pass the light. I sat there frozen for a minute waiting for the wolf to attack me, but it didn't. I was almost too scared to keep pushing towards the radio. When I finally did reach the radio it jumped me on my way out. There's the difference I can best describe between startle and horror.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 am

PWNERX wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

That is usually where .357 in dresser drawer comes into play...and/or many knives, katana, 3 rifles and shotgun.
Because you obviously have all of that.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

Oh my, he's so manly. Every girl wants him and every man wants to be him.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

Actually yes. I do. If I could take a picture, I'd show you.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:59 am

Okay, seriously, stop spamming. It was funny, but now you must stop posting in threads that have been dead for months.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 am

Vandal wrote:
Okay, seriously, stop spamming. It was funny, but now you must stop posting in threads that have been dead for months.

And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling Moderators! (No Offense.)
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:03 am

PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:

And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling Moderators! (No Offense.)
I'm not a moderator. Green is moderator.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:04 am

To my knowledge you are not allowed to own a long barreled gun under the age of 18, let alone a handgun which requires you to be the age of 21. This according to the gun laws in US. I am assuming you do not own these guns yourself but a member of your family does, therefore they are not exactly yours.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:45 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
To my knowledge you are not allowed to own a long barreled gun under the age of 18, let alone a handgun which requires you to be the age of 21. This according to the gun laws in US. I am assuming you do not own these guns yourself but a member of your family does, therefore they are not exactly yours.
Your knowledge on gunlaws in the US are correct. My 19 year old friend is trying to get me to buy several handguns and "sell" it to him. That is apparently legal, for some reason.

At any rate, I stand by my horror definitions.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:56 am

Vandal wrote:

To each their own. We all have things that scare us that won't scare others. It's all a matter of opinion. Different things scare different people. For me, I love the jump scares; they keep you on your toes. You never quite know when something's gonna happen. And with the way that Resident Evil in particular sets it up, everything adds to that anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
Vandal wrote:

To each their own. We all have things that scare us that won't scare others. It's all a matter of opinion. Different things scare different people. For me, I love the jump scares; they keep you on your toes. You never quite know when something's gonna happen. And with the way that Resident Evil in particular sets it up, everything adds to that anticipation.

Ehm.. I'm sorry, but can you explain that in Resident Evil? I mean you do get to read about someone's final hours before they bop their heads out of a closet door, but most all the time, they're just slowly walking towards you. If you anticipate a jump scare, how is it a jump scare?

In Resident Evil you pretty much mind your own business when bodies rise from the dead and try to murder you. But when they all rise from the dead it's loses the edge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite moment in all of horror?   Favourite moment in all of horror? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite moment in all of horror?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next