HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!

Go down 
+4
Vandal
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
RebelliousQueen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! Empty
PostSubject: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 1:12 am

The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! 1374191505-strider-logo

Capcom Announces New Strider Game For Early 2014

Capcom has announced a
brand new side-scrolling game
named Strider which will
release on both current and
next gen consoles. Being
developed by Double Helix, the game is slated to release in
early 2014.

The game description reads
thus,”The year is Meio: 048, and
Hiryu, a young but deadly
assassination expert is out to
eliminate Grand Master Meio.”
The game is a nonlinear one.

As announced by Capcom, the
game will feature Cypher
ability and combat and will
also see the return of robot
allies.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 8:14 am

Oh yes, I saw the trailer for this. Definitely buying it, I love the fact that Capcom is reviving old games like Strider and Ducktales.

Here's the trailer I'm talking about:
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:13 am

Side-scrolling? What is this, 1991?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 1:39 pm

I love the trailer Mass. Thanks for sharing it. I am glad that they're making a new Strider game. Smile I am a fan of this game also.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:25 am

But still, a side-scroller in this day and age? Gee golly, I hope it's on Sega Genesis, too!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:28 am

He has a point. Can't honestly remember the last sode scroller I played.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:36 am

The last one I played was Streets of Rage 2 DLed off PSN back when I had PS Plus.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Ah, I remember now: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. And that was XBLA, taking the form of an old 90's arcade game like Ninja Turtles.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
But still, a side-scroller in this day and age? Gee golly, I hope it's on Sega Genesis, too!

Oh Come on GL, you got to admit that side scrollers in this day in age are still kick ass.
Today's tech allows developers to monopolies on a once trade standard style of game development.
Look at how great a lot of side scrolling indie titles are, especially Deadlight.
It is also good that Capcom are actually pulling there fingers out there asses and bringing back there old material.
We could be seeing a new and improved Capcom that actually do things right.
However I feel that I'm being a tad optimistic, as it is Capcom we are talking about here.  
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:44 am

Mcghie wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Oh Come on GL, you got to admit that side scrollers in this day in age are still kick ass.
No, I don't. Side scrollers are a dated concept.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:13 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

I beg to differ, not just because it brings back nostalgic memories of when I first started gaming but because
games now a days may take the side scrolling style but modern game design and what they can do now really give the genre
a fresh look and feel.
Majority of modern side scrollers I've played have been impressive.
I mean Deadlight was the best zombie game in a while and that was a puzzle/side scroller survival.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Terraria is a good example of a modern side scroller.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:13 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES...
(To be continued...)
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:39 am

Mcghie wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

I beg to differ, not just because it brings back nostalgic memories of when I first started gaming.
Nostalgic because it's dated.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:15 am

He said "not just because".

In any case, there has been a lot of awesome sidescrollers in recent years. Home, Lone Survivor, Hard Corps Uprising, Mighty Switch Force, Double Dragon Neon, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Fez, Giana Sisters (remake), Terraria, Limbo, Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Guacamelee, Awesomenauts, Last Stand: Union City, Spelunky, Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, Trials... A lot. Not to mention my favorite game of all time, Cave Story.

Even fighters are now mostly going back to their original 2D format instead of 3D environments.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:19 am

Fighters have always been better off 2D, but to call it a side scroller is like calling Resident Evil 6 a survival horror.

Also, are all those games downloadables? I don't recogonize most of them.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:34 am

Vandal wrote:
Fighters have always been better off 2D, but to call it a side scroller is like calling Resident Evil 6 a survival horror.

Also, are all those games downloadables? I don't recogonize most of them.
What? I never said they were sidescrollers, I just mentioned them using an old and working format. Just like sidescrollers are doing.

Trials games, the Castlevania series and Cave Story 3D are all retail. All the others I mentioned are downloadable titles. Oh, and Mario games are still selling insanely well despite being sidescrollers. Half of Sonic Generations was sidescrolling and that's a retail game too.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh I thought were were still on the subject of side scrollers. Kirby is also is a sidescroller, but I haven't played a Kirby game in a long time. Don't really play modern side scrollers.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

In any case, there has been a lot of awesome sidescrollers in recent years. Home, Lone Survivor, Hard Corps Uprising, Mighty Switch Force, Double Dragon Neon, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Fez, Giana Sisters (remake), Terraria, Limbo, Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Guacamelee, Awesomenauts, Last Stand: Union City, Spelunky, Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, Trials... A lot. Not to mention my favorite game of all time, Cave Story.

Even fighters are now mostly going back to their original 2D format instead of 3D environments.

You didn't like Bloodrayne Betrayal? That was my favorite modern SSer. Aliens vs Predator Arcade was my favorite one among the classics.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:48 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

You didn't like Bloodrayne Betrayal? That was my favorite modern SSer. Aliens vs Predator Arcade was my favorite one among the classics.
I don't mind both and I haven't personally played all of the ones I mentioned either Razz Betrayal's demo was cool and I've been thinking about getting the DS Alien game because it looks sweet. I mentioned propably only half of the modern sidescrollers I know when I realized the list was already way too long so I stopped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!   The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Return of Strider: Capcom's Newest Strider Game!
Page 1 of 1