Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Capcoms new game. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Capcoms new game. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Capcoms new game. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Capcoms new game. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Capcoms new game. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Capcoms new game. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Capcoms new game. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Capcoms new game. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Capcoms new game. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Capcoms new game.

Go down 
+3
frodomir
Spike991
Tackman14
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tackman14
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Tackman14

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Neutral What in the freak were Capcom thinking makin' Re5 so close to the release of the much better movie Residentevil :Degeneration. They made a very large mistake because I personally think they could do a helluva lot better with there plot for number 5. As a true Residentevil gamer(Honestly) I strongly hold my opinion about the Residentevil games 4-5. They aren't true to the series! If anyone out there like it or even loves it, I will respect your opinion as well but all i'm sayin' is this: you can't create a series of games that all basicly based on the same thing and then make a drastic change in plot,design,character, and game pursuit in general. The game started off being about the T,G, and T-veronica viruses why not let it end with either one of those or at least make one that makes a new type off Zombie.

Why las plagas? What wrong with another t-something virus to make the gamers jump. They could of had zombies, but with a diffrent angle of shooting. And number 5 is suppose to be very similar to its predeccesor. No zombies, No T-virus, no real puzzles to solve.

The only reason I actually consider the game a Resident evil game is because of one man...

Wesker Cool
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 11:31 pm

I'm actually pleased that They are releasing the two new things around this time, so that Degeneration can keep me intuned with RE, before RE5, because that two months before RE5, I am going to be counting down, and eating, breathing Resident Evil.Smile
I saw Degeneration on youtube, before they took it down, and it was really good, the story was alright, and I don't think that the story of RE5 can be compared with Degeneration, since we don't know what RE5's story is, we'll just have to wait.Smile
Also, they really didn't change all that much when they made RE4. The controls were exactly the same on GC, the left joystick would move, the B button is for sprinting, Y is inventory, R for aiming, etc. they weren't really all that different, and pretty much same with PS2. Now, The setting, in Europe, it was time to move the location, we can only go back to Raccoon City so many times, & the Umbrella thing was being played out too much. Zombies were great, they have always been, and things like Crimson Heads were awesome, but the zombies have never been what RE is about, they have just been insignificantly placed in all of the games as the generic enemy.
The puzzles are really the only things that seem absent, or that the puzzles in RE4 seem to have been made for 3rd graders, but that is a small complaint.
Basically, I am pleased with the direction they are taking the games, and now for RE5 they are even using a score, which will be great because RE has really just used creepy tones and occasionally a cool BGM(background music), but all in all, it is shaping up really well, and I intend to get he collector's edition, as well as buying the regular just because the case will be different.Smile
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:12 am

Yeah the only thing that is confusing these days... In RE: Degeneration we saw zombies, and now just 2 months later we play again against ganados... I dont have anything about it, but its just silly in 1 way...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:19 am

frodomir wrote:
Yeah the only thing that is confusing these days... In RE: Degeneration we saw zombies, and now just 2 months later we play again against ganados... I dont have anything about it, but its just silly in 1 way...

Yeah, it didn't make any sense to me at first, but after watching Degeneration it is more clear.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 12:55 pm

Tackman14 wrote:
Neutral What in the freak were Capcom thinking makin' Re5 so close to the release of the much better movie Residentevil :Degeneration. They made a very large mistake because I personally think they could do a helluva lot better with there plot for number 5. As a true Residentevil gamer(Honestly) I strongly hold my opinion about the Residentevil games 4-5. They aren't true to the series! If anyone out there like it or even loves it, I will respect your opinion as well but all i'm sayin' is this: you can't create a series of games that all basicly based on the same thing and then make a drastic change in plot,design,character, and game pursuit in general. The game started off being about the T,G, and T-veronica viruses why not let it end with either one of those or at least make one that makes a new type off Zombie.

Why las plagas? What wrong with another t-something virus to make the gamers jump. They could of had zombies, but with a diffrent angle of shooting. And number 5 is suppose to be very similar to its predeccesor. No zombies, No T-virus, no real puzzles to solve.

The only reason I actually consider the game a Resident evil game is because of one man...

Wesker Cool
I agree with you completely. Capcom ****ed everything up with RE4. The only connection RE4 has to the franchise is three characters.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Tackman14 wrote:

Wesker Cool
I agree with you completely. Capcom ****ed everything up with RE4. The only connection RE4 has to the franchise is three characters.

What about The Organization trying to retrieve the Plaga sample? That is a perfect connection to the others, in RE2 they send Ada to retrieve G, in Code Veronica, they send Wesker to retrieve the T-Veronica virus, and in both of those games, the Organizations objective was secondary to the main story, just like in RE4?
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:18 pm

i am completely for the original resident evil but i dont blame capcom for taking a different route for resident evil 4 and 5. they needed to keep the series fresh and get new fans on board. despite how popular resident evil is the only way for them to keep the series alive was by reinventing it.
in a recent interview with shinji mikami he said that he would never play resident evil 5 as he would pick at it and be upset if it wasnt perfect as it was his baby. Smile he also said that if jun takashi wanted to keep going with the series he would have to completely reinvent again after 5.

now i am really happy that resident evil 4 got more fans on board but what i dont like is when i get stupid people coming to me and saying that resident evil 4 is the best and the rest were crap... knowing full well they havent played the originals and dont really know what they are on about. ( i am not talking about anyone here)

but for people who have loved the series always and still prefer RE4 then thats fair because we are all entitled to our own opinion.
what im saying is that capcom needed to reinvent the series but i still prefer old RESI!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:24 pm

charlieRE2 wrote:
i am completely for the original resident evil but i dont blame capcom for taking a different route for resident evil 4 and 5. they needed to keep the series fresh and get new fans on board. despite how popular resident evil is the only way for them to keep the series alive was by reinventing it.
in a recent interview with shinji mikami he said that he would never play resident evil 5 as he would pick at it and be upset if it wasnt perfect as it was his baby. Smile he also said that if jun takashi wanted to keep going with the series he would have to completely reinvent again after 5.

now i am really happy that resident evil 4 got more fans on board but what i dont like is when i get stupid people coming to me and saying that resident evil 4 is the best and the rest were crap... knowing full well they havent played the originals and dont really know what they are on about. ( i am not talking about anyone here)

but for people who have loved the series always and still prefer RE4 then thats fair because we are all entitled to our own opinion.
what im saying is that capcom needed to reinvent the series but i still prefer old RESI!! Very Happy

I also heard in an interview that Shinji Mikami wanted to refresh it, and that in order to keep a franchise going, you need to refresh, reinvent, and that is just good & dandy.Smile
Now, I don't have a preference for RE4, I personally like the REmake, but I defend RE4 because it is a great game, it is still pretty true to RE, and some people seem to forget that.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:33 pm

Spike991 wrote:
charlieRE2 wrote:

I also heard in an interview that Shinji Mikami wanted to refresh it, and that in order to keep a franchise going, you need to refresh, reinvent, and that is just good & dandy.Smile
Now, I don't have a preference for RE4, I personally like the REmake, but I defend RE4 because it is a great game, it is still pretty true to RE, and some people seem to forget that.

yeah im not saying RE 4 isnt a Resident evil game im just saying thats its not my favourite. Smile
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Spike991 wrote:

What about The Organization trying to retrieve the Plaga sample? That is a perfect connection to the others, in RE2 they send Ada to retrieve G, in Code Veronica, they send Wesker to retrieve the T-Veronica virus, and in both of those games, the Organizations objective was secondary to the main story, just like in RE4?

problem is that some people think plaga isnt T/virus... It is but the game changed... There are no zombies
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:38 pm

charlieRE2 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
charlieRE2 wrote:

yeah im not saying RE 4 isnt a Resident evil game im just saying thats its not my favourite. Smile

I know, I was just stating that because I have had to defend RE4 a few times today, and I keep trying to explain how it isn't so different from the original games, and what you said in that comment is pretty much exactly what I have been talking about: how they have to change their formula.Smile
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:43 pm

coolio ! Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 3:11 pm

Spike991 wrote:

Take Ada and Wesker out of it, and there would be nothing suggesting they're the same organization.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Take Ada and Wesker out of it, and there would be nothing suggesting they're the same organization.

The intent of an Organization regardless of whether or not they have distinct characters like Ada & Wesker, it is still a crooked counter intelligence that is intent on getting their hands on a different and deadly bio weapon.Smile Take Ada out of RE2 or Wesker out of CV, isn't that the same idea?
Back to top Go down
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:44 pm

I think RE4 and 5 are still true to the series
for example there are elements from RE4 what us fans could easily say were from the originals
However they did do a massive jump from raccoon city to the whole thing in Spain
but at the end of the day it is RE4 lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Kytte wrote:
I think RE4 and 5 are still true to the series
for example there are elements from RE4 what us fans could easily say were from the originals
However they did do a massive jump from raccoon city to the whole thing in Spain
but at the end of the day it is RE4 lol

Yeah, it is true.Smile Not too mention that they went to Sheena Island in Survivor, Rockfort Island in Code Veronica, a ship in Gaiden & Dead Aim, as well as another island in Dead Aim, including a missile silo.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Spike991 wrote:
The intent of an Organization regardless of whether or not they have distinct characters like Ada & Wesker, it is still a crooked counter intelligence that is intent on getting their hands on a different and deadly bio weapon.Smile Take Ada out of RE2 or Wesker out of CV, isn't that the same idea?
No, because said organization was introduced in RE2. Besides, RE2 actually followed the core plot of the franchise, rather than veering off in side stories like RE4 did.

I could write a story about a corporation doing viral experiments and another shadowy mystery faction using spies like Ada to get their hands on it, but that wouldn't make it a Resident Evil story.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:49 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
No, because said organization was introduced in RE2. Besides, RE2 actually followed the core plot of the franchise, rather than veering off in side stories like RE4 did.

I could write a story about a corporation doing viral experiments and another shadowy mystery faction using spies like Ada to get their hands on it, but that wouldn't make it a Resident Evil story.

RE2 followed the core plot of the franchise? How did it follow it anymore than RE4? They were both a part of the main series, and RE2 was just as much a 'side mission' as RE4 was.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:10 am

Spike991 wrote:
RE2 followed the core plot of the franchise? How did it follow it anymore than RE4? They were both a part of the main series, and RE2 was just as much a 'side mission' as RE4 was.Smile
The core plot concerns Umbrella and the T-virus, not Saddler and The Plagues.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
The core plot concerns Umbrella and the T-virus, not Saddler and The Plagues.

RE4's plot concerned Umbrella & the T-virus as well.Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:20 am

Personally, I've never actually played any of the other re games besides 4 (depressing, I know) so I'm still piecing together the underlying plot of the series. However, I think we should consider the possibility that all side stories and characters, such as "Las Plagas" as well as the Organization will all be explained at the very least, if not revealed to connect in a perfectly intricate web of events in later game(s). We don't yet know the full plot of RE5, it's too early to say that it does not do any of these things. We know that Wesker is one of the main characters in Capcom's new upcoming game, and we also know (well, those of of who played Seperate Ways) that Wesker is, at the very least, a high ranking "official" shall we say, of the Organization. And then there is the revelation of the identity of Excella Gionne, and her connection to Tricell. Moreover, there was also mention in an interview RE5's developer that the game will pertain to the "origins of the virus" (yes, I know you've all heard that already). So maybe, just maybe, at least a few of our questions will be answered with the release of Resident Evil 5.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:44 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Personally, I've never actually played any of the other re games besides 4 (depressing, I know) so I'm still piecing together the underlying plot of the series. However, I think we should consider the possibility that all side stories and characters, such as "Las Plagas" as well as the Organization will all be explained at the very least, if not revealed to connect in a perfectly intricate web of events in later game(s). We don't yet know the full plot of RE5, it's too early to say that it does not do any of these things. We know that Wesker is one of the main characters in Capcom's new upcoming game, and we also know (well, those of of who played Seperate Ways) that Wesker is, at the very least, a high ranking "official" shall we say, of the Organization. And then there is the revelation of the identity of Excella Gionne, and her connection to Tricell. Moreover, there was also mention in an interview RE5's developer that the game will pertain to the "origins of the virus" (yes, I know you've all heard that already). So maybe, just maybe, at least a few of our questions will be answered with the release of Resident Evil 5.

Don't worry, you still have just under a month to get and complete some of the other RE games before RE5, I am sure that you could pick up plenty of them for a fair price, since you played RE4 one can assume that you can choose either from REs on GC or PS2.Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Don't worry, you still have just under a month to get and complete some of the other RE games before RE5, I am sure that you could pick up plenty of them for a fair price, since you played RE4 one can assume that you can choose either from REs on GC or PS2.Smile
On the contrary, I actually bought the PC port (thought about PS2, but I'm moving back to the US in July and will be getting an xbox, (I've been living abroad for the past 3 years)) If I can get the hang of the demo then I will be getting RE3, but the others I'm not sure about. Besides what little there is in RE4, I've been able to piece together what I can of the plot from this forum and obsessive reading on the internet, inhaling whatever I can.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 1:22 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
On the contrary, I actually bought the PC port (thought about PS2, but I'm moving back to the US in July and will be getting an xbox, (I've been living abroad for the past 3 years)) If I can get the hang of the demo then I will be getting RE3, but the others I'm not sure about. Besides what little there is in RE4, I've been able to piece together what I can of the plot from this forum and obsessive reading on the internet, inhaling whatever I can.

I would get them all, but in the short amount of time you may have to just go with whatever you can get.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Capcoms new game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcoms new game.   Capcoms new game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Capcoms new game.
Page 1 of 1