HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! Empty
PostSubject: The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time!   The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 1:27 pm

A little bit of sitrep with a complete lack of sources because I can't be assed to look for any. Either trust my word on these or google, this whole thread is purely for speculation anyway. Ahem...

So, a while ago Capcom revealed that they are making a new game with the RE Engine (that is not RE3, RE8, Resistance or the upcoming unannounced RE title) and they've been pretty coy about it since. Speculation only grew when they revealed this was not going to be a new IP but something regarding an old series of theirs. A little later a trustworthy leaker said it was going to be a "reboot" of sorts (something akin to what RE experienced), meaning it could be a remake, a soft reboot or a complete reboot of one of their old franchises. Now, since this was the RE Engine speculation focused mostly on Dino Crisis, as it would be the next best contender for any of those options using the engine. However, the same leaker again went on record to say that this was NOT a Dino Crisis game. So... What the heck could it be? That's what we're speculating here today!

What do you think it could be? Capcom has a ridiculous catalogue of games (so many that even Wikipedia has to seperate them on different pages per letter) and honestly it could be anything. I doubt it'd have anything to do with Devil May Cry since they just remastered the old titles for current gen and made DMC5 to great acclaim, nor do I think it's Monster Hunter as they are still milking World. After that we can pretty much rule out any sidescrolling games, including fighting games like Street Fighter, because it would be a ridiculous task to convert the RE Engine for something like that, not to mention completely useless as I'm sure they have way better engines for games like that. Plus, you know, the fighting game competitive scene is still very alive with SF5 and it's still getting DLC. With what we have left, not counting any one-offs, I personally think that it's either Onimusha, Lost Planet or Dead Rising.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time!   The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 10:03 pm

It could be Silent Hill.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time!   The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 3:42 pm

Onimusha seems the most likely, as it's the most Resident Evil-y thing they've got besides Dino Crisis.

But i kinda want them to do something unique with it... Maximo!. Think about it, the RE Engines photogrammetry characters and hyper realistic gore. Mixed with campy slapstick comedy, to give it an Evil Dead sorta vibe.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time!   The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 7:53 am

Oh shit yeah, those were Capcom games as well. Would be interesting.

Speaking of odd possibilities, me and my friend were talking about this the other day and thought that a realistic Miles Edgeworth Investigations would be fucking dank.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time!   The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time! Empty

Back to top Go down

The return of an old Capcom game? Speculation time!
Page 1 of 1