HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?

Go down 
+6
Sargent D
Industrial Ridden
leonada
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? Empty
PostSubject: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 7:01 pm

Have you ever encountered that person who seems to not understand the survival aspect of a survival horror game? It started about 2 weeks ago when school started to become nothing due to exams coming up. I started bringing my laptop so I can play RE2 during the do nothing classes. Some of my classmates wanted to give it a try. I tell them "It's a survival horror game. If you don't use your ammo right, you'll run out of ammo when the heat really packs in." So what do they do? Blast away all of their handgun ammo before they even reach Kendo's Gunshop. They then proceeded to quit and claim that the game is unbeatable. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's run into a situation like this.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:04 am

Not exactly this but I once met a person who claimed to be a hardcore gamer and asked me what games I like the most. I replied "horror games" and he asked "what console are those on?" Rarely have I felt the urge to punch someone in the face like that time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:14 am

Nobudy wrote:
Have you ever encountered that person who seems to not understand the survival aspect of a survival horror game? It started about 2 weeks ago when school started to become nothing due to exams coming up. I started bringing my laptop so I can play RE2 during the do nothing classes. Some of my classmates wanted to give it a try. I tell them "It's a survival horror game. If you don't use your ammo right, you'll run out of ammo when the heat really packs in." So what do they do? Blast away all of their handgun ammo before they even reach Kendo's Gunshop. They then proceeded to quit and claim that the game is unbeatable. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's run into a situation like this.

Dude, the only times I've ever had problems in a RE game was when I was 8 and Playing RE3, or struggling through CVX a few years ago...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:17 am

PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Dude, the only times I've ever had problems in a RE game was when I was 8 and Playing RE3, or struggling through CVX a few years ago...

I struggled through CVX also the main part was when on the plain having to fight tyrant for like the 3rd time what about u
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:23 am

leonada wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

I struggled through CVX also the main part was when on the plain having to fight tyrant for like the 3rd time what about u

The same thing, and not using the knife. Until I mastered the CVX knife, I would waste ammo fairly quickly.
Back to top Go down
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:27 am

PWNERX wrote:
leonada wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

I struggled through CVX also the main part was when on the plane having to fight tyrant for like the 3rd time what about u

The same thing, and not using the knife. Until I mastered the CVX knife, I would waste ammo fairly quickly.

i wasted all my ammo fighting the tyrant before the plane fight
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Not exactly this but I once met a person who claimed to be a hardcore gamer and asked me what games I like the most. I replied "horror games" and he asked "what console are those on?" Rarely have I felt the urge to punch someone in the face like that time.
He wouldn't deserve it. As for the CVX Tyrant, use the anti-BOW rounds. Save them for the plane. Then, use your enhanced behind arrows.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:28 am

I actually saved the BOW gas rounds. They were helpful for getting away from Steve.
Back to top Go down
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:38 am

PWNERX wrote:
I actually saved the BOW gas rounds. They were helpful for getting away from Steve.

when i got it on the 360 i used the BOW gas rounds on Tyrant and i just ran from steve when that part came i only really had the trouble when i was borrowing it from my brother a few years ago
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:03 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
He wouldn't deserve it.
Wait, what? Of course he'd deserve it. What he doesn't deserve is to be called a "gamer" of any sorts.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:56 am

I become so used to playing the older RE games that I ended up saving my ammo for RE4, RE5, and RE6 just to find out that I had over 9000 ammo stocked up by the time the game was over lol.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Some of my classmates wanted to give it a try. I tell them "It's a survival horror game. If you don't use your ammo right, you'll run out of ammo when the heat really packs in." So what do they do? Blast away all of their handgun ammo before they even reach Kendo's Gunshop. They then proceeded to quit and claim that the game is unbeatable. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's run into a situation like this.

Well this generation of gaming is being raped by FPS games that demands the player to shoot without a care in the world about ammo usage and what not. Considering that a majority of people these days play those kind of games, I am not surprised someone coming straight from CoD would have trouble playing an old school survival horror title. It's a shame but it happens all the time. It's irritating that games these days are not demanding the player to think out what they should and shouldn't do in order for the best outcome of their gameplay experience.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
He wouldn't deserve it.
Wait, what? Of course he'd deserve it. What he doesn't deserve is to be called a "gamer" of any sorts.
Oh no I meant to type "He would deserve it." Since I was typing from my phone, and my hands are pretty big, I tend to misspell a lot and my spell check is very inaccurate. I need to disable it.

@Sargent: Precisely. Survival horror is about surviving. Only kill or "down" the enemies that are in your way nothing more or less. Just as Leon was saying to Greg in Degen about not being careful, and running out of ammo WILL be fatal. It's like these guys can't play without using the infinite ammo code. I've shown them hands on that if they play the game right, you can have well over 100 handgun bullets by the end of the game.

@Industrial: In the case of 4, there's still an incorrect way to use ammo. The reason they give you melee is because if you only use your handgun and not the knife or melee, then you have the possibility of running out of ammo as early as the 1st village assault.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:39 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I know that feeling.I even wrote an essay about the different horror genres,but didn't have the chance to read it to the class.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I know that feeling.I even wrote an essay about the different horror genres,but didn't have the chance to read it to the class.
Imagine if you used that for a college essay.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Nobudy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Wes Craven would be proud. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Nobudy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

There was a guy in my speech class who gave a speech on his addiction to World of Warcraft lol.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:37 am

Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

There was a guy in my speech class who gave a speech on his addiction to World of Warcraft lol.
I hope it was followed by a sudden intervention.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:32 am

They don't get survival because they are the "new generation" of gamers. It's nothing offensive, it's just how it is. In this age of information, there are many media out there and everyone is getting brainstormed with countless information everyday. Because of that, life is lived "fast". Everybody lost their patience or just never had it in the first place if they are younger.

It's like you wouldn't have patience to go through Super Mario Bros 3 right now because it's hard as fuck and you'd break the joypad in two after some time and just proceed to play a game you like because there are gazillion other games out there, as opposed to how it once was. When RE first came out, it was so unique because there weren't games that were similar to it at all. Etc.

So, in this case just apply that Super Mario Bros 3 logic to your friends who are used to easy games where you have checkpoints every 5 minutes or less and where you can shoot all the time because why the fuck not?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:01 am

There were games that were similar to RE even back then. It was only RE that caught the world by storm.

In any case, what Shrike said is exactly the reason why so many great games will forever remain as indie titles.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 pm

I love my indie titles. I generally feel more involved with what's going on. There is a plethora of them out there for about 1/10th the price of any major title games as well. I actually picked up Terraria a while back for 2.99 and probably put 100 hours into it. That is more than I put into re6 and for the price I could have bought enough Terraria's for the whole neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Gotta love those Steam sales.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Ah man, they are the best! I also got Lone Survivor on sale. It is a side scroller survival horror game. It is short, but it is a very good game and has most of the key elements of survival horror of old.

In this game they put quality of experience at the front. The graphics and very basic controls are something most modern generation gamers would not even pick up though. Maybe one of the problems with modern survival horror games is that they are putting all of the effort into visual display and fancy game controls because it is easier to market. I mean, who cares if the game you are playing has a satisfying experience as long as you look cool doing it, right?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Oh yes, I know the game. I've Let's Played it.

In the end, not my favorite game but it had its fun moments.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? Steam_10
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?   What part of "survival" horror do they not understand? Empty

Back to top Go down

What part of "survival" horror do they not understand?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next