HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers)   Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers) EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:25 pm

So I finished playing Prototype today and I finally saw what Alex is capable of doing. I've also played inFamous (1st, 2nd, and Festival of blood). Since I heard that they came out around the same time, I got the though "What if these two came to duel?"

My thoughts on Cole

When I played the beginning of inFamous 2, I was quite impress with how Cole evolved since his fight with Kessler (about a month before the start of 2). However, it seemed that Cole lost some of his powers or were downgraded (Polarity wall, Megawatt hammers, overload burst, grenades weren't sticky anymore, shock-wave lacked distance, lighting storms lost their mobility). At the end, he got most of them back, but his lightning storms still weren't mobile, he still lacked proper defense moves, but his durability increased, However, water still kills him. In order for Cole to use his powerful attacks, he requires an electrical source. To be at his best, he has to be present in an electric centered area.

My thoughts on Alex

When I started Prototype, I was glad I experienced "A taste of power". Alex's quickness, high jumps, and running up buildings already pummels Cole in terms of mobility and speed. Alex had no problem picking up helicopters and running up buildings with them. True, I've seen Cole lift a radio antenna, but outside of that, we've never seen Cole do any lifting/strength feats other than Parkour. What Alex sort of lacks is ranged attacks. The only ability I know of the is ranged capable is his whip fist. Then again, it's pretty effective (Cuts through humans like a meat cleaver). On the opposite end, Cole lacks melee sans his Gigawatt blades. In terms of durability, Alex has taken multiple tank shots, explosions, and machine gun bullets without making it look like a big deal. Whereas Cole would go down after about 3-5 explosions. Alex does require external energy to use his powerful attacks. They do both have a healing factor, but Draining electricity and consuming flesh respectively heal them much faster.

Winner
Offense: This depends on the situation. Some of Cole's lightning bolts don't kill in one hit where as Alex's usually slice up or smash humans in one hit as well. Alex wins, but not by far.

Defense: While Cole does have his polarity wall, it's useless against Shotguns or higher and melee attacks. Sure Cole can push back projectiles with his shockwave, but he'll have to recharge at some electrical point. Alex's shield as far as I'm aware of, has protected me from Tank shells and Hunters. However, the shield will break and require a "recharge" if it takes too much damage. Alex also has some tough armor that reduces damage in case his shield won't do it. Alex wins by a long shot.

Agility and speed: Cole is a master at Parkour, but his climbing speed will never be able to match the speed of sprinting up a building. Alex wins.

Durability: Both do have remarkable durability. They can both survive falls from high buildings. They can resist gunfire and explosions. But Alex seems to be able to take more damage so Alex winds.

Healing factor. They're both evenly matched since they require a medium in order to heal faster.

It seems that Alex would win the fight, but if you put them in a city like New York, it might be close. State your thoughts.
Back to top Go down

Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer (possible spoilers)
Page 1 of 1