HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

My ideas for the next Resident Evil game

Go down 
+12
Industrial Ridden
Mcghie
TyrantSteve
PWNERX
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
White Rock
Wesker's Fanboy
Limey
Known_Hero
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:19 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
only the earlier Resident Evil and Silent Hill games had that certain kick to them that made them an experience not to be missed.
I guess the main reason to that is that we were all still kids back then and things like that used to have more of an influence to our minds.

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Let's face it RE fans. Old-school survival horror is dead and will never come back. Action has corrupted it. But that doesn't mean to say that it can't return in some form or other. Let's not forget that "survival horror" was originally a mere term for your experience in the original RE. Shinji Mikami also used the term "panic horror" for Dino Crisis. So how's 'bout this, a complete revival/rebirth of old-school survival horror under the new name of "desperation horror".
What is with people saying survival horror is dead and not coming back? There are lots of other horror games out there that still do things right.

yea but most of those games are developed by indie small studios
Is Konami a small indie studio? Tecmo, Grasshopper Manufacture, Project Siren, Remedy and Hudson Soft have made pretty good and prominent horror games too as of late.

Old school survival horror isn't all that dead either because that's what the indie studios are on right now. It'd be more fit to say that RE has left its old school survival horror past.

thats exactly what i said, plus can you compare those to square enix, ubisoft, Crytek, Activision, Epic Games, Electronic Arts etc. . . I havent heard of any those companies xept of Remedy and Konami, plus the only good game that Remedy had now belongs to Rockstar Games, really doubt that Allan Wake can fill up the gap left by Max Pain. All those companies concentrate on action and sports simulators, have you seen the teaser of Bat Field 4, you think that hor sur can compete with that. Cryengine, Unreal engine, Crystal tools etc, those engines provide impossible perfect graphics, i mean its a new word in computer technology, plus all the action in those games, and you think that its possible to make a pure Hor Sur game even with an extreme game engine and hope it will compete with those giants? the moment RE gets back to Hor Sur, the income will turn into a very "symbolic" gross.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
only the earlier Resident Evil and Silent Hill games had that certain kick to them that made them an experience not to be missed.
I guess the main reason to that is that we were all still kids back then and things like that used to have more of an influence to our minds.

Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Let's face it RE fans. Old-school survival horror is dead and will never come back. Action has corrupted it. But that doesn't mean to say that it can't return in some form or other. Let's not forget that "survival horror" was originally a mere term for your experience in the original RE. Shinji Mikami also used the term "panic horror" for Dino Crisis. So how's 'bout this, a complete revival/rebirth of old-school survival horror under the new name of "desperation horror".
What is with people saying survival horror is dead and not coming back? There are lots of other horror games out there that still do things right.

yea but most of those games are developed by indie small studios
Is Konami a small indie studio? Tecmo, Grasshopper Manufacture, Project Siren, Remedy and Hudson Soft have made pretty good and prominent horror games too as of late.

Old school survival horror isn't all that dead either because that's what the indie studios are on right now. It'd be more fit to say that RE has left its old school survival horror past.

Of course you'd be right on that subject. After all, since I had an absolute miserable time growing up as a kid, the classic RE games were one of the very few joys I had, and had such an emtional impact on my life that it'd be impossible for me to let them go.

Yeah, RE has betrayed its roots.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:24 am

TyrantSteve wrote:

Amnesia isn't available in the UK, I think, I've played Alan Wake (loved it) and I've got Siren: Blood Curse. All awesome games. I think Slender can fall under that title, too. But, for me, only the earlier Resident Evil and Silent Hill games had that certain kick to them that made them an experience not to be missed.

Yeah it is, I'm from the UK and I bought it.
I wouldn't even count slender as horror, it's boring, clichéd jump scares for people to scream at like pewdiepie.
I swore I don't even think most of the people are scared half of the time and if they are then they really need to play some real horror titles.
Siren has the exact same essence as the original resident evil's but does slightly more and brings more fear to the table.
Project zero (fatal frame) is EXACTLY like Resident evil, same feel and basically the same mechanics.
Although it's more of a survival horror and the atmosphere is lot more thicker and grim, not to mention some of the cool things that have been programmed into the game to catch you off guard.
I would say I was probably more scared of Project Zero than I was with Resident Evil.

@ChrisRedifield - I'm surprised you haven't heard of these companies, they are big names and have helped shaped the gaming industry over the years.
Further more you forgot to mention that action games are only big sellers in Western culture.
If you go to Japan it's a whole different ball game.
Also if survival horror wasn't a public interest then there wouldn't be as much indie developed horror titles out there.
Graphics are a small percent, although they are nice to look at a game does not sell by having graphics.
People that care more for graphics are to me not real gamers, they are the types that revel in FPS all the time and give AAA titles with good graphics good reviews even if they storyline is bad.
The only time we will get out of this "FPS/action rut" is when the big devs will stop taking influences from Western culture, that's what fucked Capcom, thats what fucked Resident Evil.

Why did you ask if it's possible to make a perfect survival horror title in the new engines ?
Of coarse it's possible with newer things possible we can add to horror what we couldn't back a decade ago.
The Evil Within sounds like it's toying with new mechanics and bringing something fresh to the table.
The constantly shifting environment sounds like a nice touch and will fuck with your head.
Not to mention the Eternal darkness sequel will have some new tricks up it's sleeves, since the original did and brought something new to horror that had never been seen before.
I think these games will kick back up survival horror if they are done well.
Other companies will eventually stop fapping off to COD and release what gamers want is variety and not just COD clones all the time.
I like balance as I'm a overall gamer.
I just don't like to always play games that feel the same or ALWAYS have a new game coming out that is an FPS, it's getting boring to be fair.

You are right about survival horror and action mixing, it needs to be done and does work.
Although Resident Evil 6 ? That was done wrong, there was no horror at all, it was heavily weighed down by Hollywood action-like cinematic's.
I mean the original Resident Evil games had action but they also weighed it out with survival and horror.
They need to just cut out trying to get "bro gamers" attention with explosions and start balancing games out a little better.

Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:35 am

Known_Hero wrote:
The ages of the people in this thread who thought the classic REs weren't scary...

Laughing
Does it really matter? Cheesy camera angles, voice acting, and poor controls don't make a game scary. And In case you didn't notice, I meant ALL of the resident evils I've played (Every Numbered title plus the chronicles and REmake) aren't scary. I started playing the RE games when I was 13 so that's a factor for not being scary. Many of you played it when you were kids so OF COURSE it would be scary. I'm just tired of people complaining about others saying that the RE games aren't scary. And I hate how people use my age as a disadvantage. What does my age have to do with this? I'll be honest with you, I was born the day after the first game came out and I didn't get my first console until I was 8 going on 9 The only game to remotely scare me occasionally was Dead Space and even then, the camera was OTS. So again, long story short, the reason I never found any of the games scary was because I started the games when I was 13.

@Vandal Even though the 90s clearly ended in 2000, the feeling and tradition continued up until 2003-04 for me. Plenty of time to have some good memories.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Mcghie wrote:

@ChrisRedifield - I'm surprised you haven't heard of these companies, they are big names and have helped shaped the gaming industry over the years.
Further more you forgot to mention that action games are only big sellers in Western culture.
Also if survival horror wasn't a public interest then there wouldn't be as much indie developed horror titles out there.
Graphics are a small percent, although they are nice to look at a game does not sell by having graphics.
People that care more for graphics are to me not real gamers, they are the types that revel in FPS all the time and give AAA titles with good graphics good reviews even if they storyline is bad.
The only time we will get out of this "FPS/action rut" is when the big devs will stop taking influences from Western culture, that's what fucked Capcom, thats what fucked Resident Evil.

Why did you ask if it's possible to make a perfect survival horror title in the new engines ?
Of coarse it's possible with newer things possible we can add to horror what we couldn't back a decade ago.
The Evil Within sounds like it's toying with new mechanics and bringing something fresh to the table.
The constantly shifting environment sounds like a nice touch and will fuck with your head.
Not to mention the Eternal darkness sequel will have some new tricks up it's sleeves, since the original did and brought something new to horror that had never been seen before.
Other companies will eventually stop fapping off to COD and release what gamers want is variety and not just COD clones all the time.
I just don't like to always play games that feel the same or ALWAYS have a new game coming out that is an FPS, it's getting boring to be fair.

You are right about survival horror and action mixing, it needs to be done and does work.
Although Resident Evil 6 ? That was done wrong, there was no horror at all, it was heavily weighed down by Hollywood action-like cinematic's.
I mean the original Resident Evil games had action but they also weighed it out with survival and horror.
They need to just cut out trying to get "bro gamers" attention with explosions and start balancing games out a little better.

[/left][/i]

Well i havent played the games developed by those companies so i don know them, ive only had 2 consoles in my life "dandy" and Sony PS 1, im a PC gamer since the age of 7, plus Computer games were not as available in here as they are now, so that as well might be the reason. As for action being a bestseller only in western countries, i cant agree with that, simply cs say in Chine, as one of the biggest markets for video games and not only, the top game is Warface, just as well it is in Russia (another mega market), but doesn't the west and US shape the international market? The game thats a hit in America is a hit everywhere including Japan and games that flood Japanese market are not as famous as those ones.

As for Sur Hor, of course it has a public interest, but its not near to the interest for Action or Simulation games, the way i see it that it has its own community, the certain amount of fans enjoying those games (just as indie Rock, its nothing Compared to Metal right? ) and they are being developed specially for them.

I would agree that Graphics dont decide whether game will/wont be good, but i cant agree that it has small affect on game sales, say Battlefield 3 story is an asswipe, but its massive graphics helped game to set gross records, the better the game looks the bigger is the chance that it will sell, im pretty sure that BatField4 story will be a crap but ill stand first in line to get the game when its out, simply cs of what ive seen in that 17 minute teaser. Graphics do play huge role in Gaming industry, otherwise companies would ha never spent that amount of time and money on developing them and even more so developing new engines, once again Cry Engine is a new word not in gaming, but in entire technology.

what i meant by that was that hor sur game(with motion limits and camera presets) with extreme graphics wont sell near as good as say Far Cry 3.
The thing that i loved about Mikamis new game was him stating that "best Hor Sur would be good balance of Horror and action" and that kinda calmed me down and gave me hope that there wont be any motion limits and/or Old school RE camera presets and after seeing those teaser images im pretty certain that the character will shoot on run and have melee attacks, plus the game will have scary moments that was missed say in RE 6 (though not missed by me Razz) i cant call myself overall gamer, even more so i can hardly call myself being a Hor Sur fan, i just like 2 game that I grew up on that are in that genre (RE and SH), the way i see perfect balance is having exactly same controls and amount of action as in RE6, but in extremely dark and scary environment, that has shitload of screamers and some tough puzzles, that would be a perfect Hor Sur game at least for me. Plus i cant say that there was no horror at all, Tall Oaks seemed kinda horror like for me, but in overall im extremely happy with the game . . .
If they try something like that the game will flop instantaneously, cs there is no chance to pull a kid from AK 47 to a Rubik's Cube . . . The new RE needs that action, but at the same time it needs a lot of horror . . .
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Cheesy camera angles, .

Wait, what? I get that RE isn't scary comment and all, that might be so for some people, but CHEESY CAMERA ANGLES? Are you fucking kidding me? The camera angles are amazing. Have you ever talked to anyone who ever directed anything? Probably not. I understand any complaint for RE, but camera angles? Bro, that's just plain... wrong, to say it in the kindest way possible.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Mcghie wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Amnesia isn't available in the UK, I think, I've played Alan Wake (loved it) and I've got Siren: Blood Curse. All awesome games. I think Slender can fall under that title, too. But, for me, only the earlier Resident Evil and Silent Hill games had that certain kick to them that made them an experience not to be missed.

Yeah it is, I'm from the UK and I bought it.
I wouldn't even count slender as horror, it's boring, clichéd jump scares for people to scream at like pewdiepie.
I swore I don't even think most of the people are scared half of the time and if they are then they really need to play some real horror titles.
Siren has the exact same essence as the original resident evil's but does slightly more and brings more fear to the table.
Project zero (fatal frame) is EXACTLY like Resident evil, same feel and basically the same mechanics.
Although it's more of a survival horror and the atmosphere is lot more thicker and grim, not to mention some of the cool things that have been programmed into the game to catch you off guard.
I would say I was probably more scared of Project Zero than I was with Resident Evil.

Could you tell me where you got Amnesia? I really wanna play it.

For me, a great part of the magic of an old-school RE title was the ability to explore gorgeous enviroments and become involved in the story in such an intimate way. Most horror titles have the story revealed to you solely through cutscenes. Resident Evil is an investigation into a deep, dark mystery that has you piece together the past through documents and other things. Most horror games will not leave a lasting impression on a player's life. Games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill will make a lasting impression.

I can't really say what I think of pewdiepie on this forum, for taste and decency. All I'll say is that I dislike him. Intensely.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:19 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
I didn't say that. I love the new games and Revelations is pretty much a return to the roots. Or at least as close as it's gonna get.

As for action being a bestseller only in western countries, i cant agree with that, simply cs say in Chine, as one of the biggest markets for video games and not only, the top game is Warface, just as well it is in Russia (another mega market), but doesn't the west and US shape the international market? The game thats a hit in America is a hit everywhere including Japan and games that flood Japanese market are not as famous as those ones.
Last time I checked Japan's top 10 list of games (earlier this month) there was not one single shooter in there. CoD and the like just aren't selling all that well around those parts.

TyrantSteve wrote:
Steam, I would assume. Even if not that's a good place to look.

Shrike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Cheesy camera angles, .

Wait, what? I get that RE isn't scary comment and all, that might be so for some people, but CHEESY CAMERA ANGLES? Are you fucking kidding me? The camera angles are amazing. Have you ever talked to anyone who ever directed anything? Probably not. I understand any complaint for RE, but camera angles? Bro, that's just plain... wrong, to say it in the kindest way possible.
To be fair, directing a movie is a whole other thing than directing a game. Sure, I personally like the angles but they aren't all that desired in today's market. Otherwise a whole lot of games would still be using them, no?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
I didn't say that. I love the new games and Revelations is pretty much a return to the roots. Or at least as close as it's gonna get.

As for action being a bestseller only in western countries, i cant agree with that, simply cs say in Chine, as one of the biggest markets for video games and not only, the top game is Warface, just as well it is in Russia (another mega market), but doesn't the west and US shape the international market? The game thats a hit in America is a hit everywhere including Japan and games that flood Japanese market are not as famous as those ones.
Last time I checked Japan's top 10 list of games (earlier this month) there was not one single shooter in there. CoD and the like just aren't selling all that well around those parts.

TyrantSteve wrote:
Steam, I would assume. Even if not that's a good place to look.

Shrike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Cheesy camera angles, .

To be fair, directing a movie is a whole other thing than directing a game. Sure, I personally like the angles but they aren't all that desired in today's market. Otherwise a whole lot of games would still be using them, no?

Sorry. I'm not hating on the new games per se, I just vastly prefer the old-school RE, in my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Shrike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Cheesy camera angles, .

I think you're overreacting. I was just stating an opinion. Learn to respect it. I respect other people's opinions on them liking the older or newer games better than the other. I still think they are cheesy, but I don't have a problem with them since I still play REmake, and 2 from time to time. But, my Animation class does. Either way, the only way to make the RE games truly "scary" again, is to get a new cast instead of using veterans who've been fighting Bio-Terrorism for 15 years. And, a change in gameplay might do it. Dead Space still did a good job on the survival horror aspect, and yet it was over the shoulder like RE4 and most other modern games. It's important to draw wisdom and knowledge from different places. If you take it from only one place, it become rigid and stale. Dead Space avoided this by looking at other past game series and horror films other than Resident Evil. I'm not sure about the sequels though since I never played them.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:57 am

TyrantSteve wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Sorry. I'm not hating on the new games per se, I just vastly prefer the old-school RE, in my opinion of course.
No need to apologize, you have your opinons and I have mine. I just corrected my own stance on the matter.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Well i couldnt find any of pure action 1st person shooters, but i did find PES 2013 and Yakuza 5, plus RE6 is the top seller in there by now. I honestly dont understand how someone (xept of kids and very little ones) enjoy games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Mario, pokemon etc. well but its still my opinion, but that doesn't mean that Asia is stuck on those weird (for me) games, cs Warface is a top game in China, dont know which one is more important in gaming industry China or Japan, but as for market i really doubt that Devs care more about Japanese market then Chinese, cs China has 1.35 billion of population.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:18 am

TyrantSteve wrote:

You can get it from Steam, Desura, Frictional games official website (creators of Amnesia) and a few our clients, the choice is yours.
Below I will provide the link the Amnesia official website, there will be a list of clients, just click on their names and it will take you to the purchase page on their websites.

http://www.amnesiagame.com/#buy

Well i couldnt find any of pure action 1st person shooters, but i did find PES 2013 and Yakuza 5, plus RE6 is the top seller in there by now. I honestly dont understand how someone (xept of kids and very little ones) enjoy games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Mario, pokemon etc. well but its still my opinion, but that doesn't mean that Asia is stuck on those weird (for me) games, cs Warface is a top game in China, dont know which one is more important in gaming industry China or Japan, but as for market i really doubt that Devs care more about Japanese market then Chinese, cs China has 1.35 billion of population.

I can't speak for Animal Crossing but I grew up with Mario and the games are still fun platform games.
I grew up around the NES period so everything was platform.
Mario is like an industry Golden Boy, you will have your oldskool gamers playing it and also younger children because the game has child friendly gameplay.
Pokemon was a late 90's early naughties phenomenon that grabbed the world by storm, it was EVERY where.
Japan started the craze and it's still going strong, plus you have the younger generation getting involved and getting it going strong.
The target market for these titles is very high, especially in Japan where RPG, fighting and platformers dominate the gaming industry.
Also I think it may be partly due to the fact that Arcade gaming is still such a well renowned past time over there, where as in the Western culture it died at the beginning of the PS era.
Yes it is true China has a lot of population, it's the most vast populated country in the world and makes up almost 20% of the worlds population.
Although you have to look at Japan, that to is very densely populated and gaming culture over there is very much bigger than anywhere else.
The Japanese gaming market makes a huge impact on the gaming industry and you got to remember most of the big companies and world renowned devs are from Japan.
We basically wouldn't have a strong industry in the Western world if it wasn't for Japan, most of the biggest devs started getting producing sister branches across here, like for instance Capcom Europe.

P.S - Believe it not but Chinas love for gaming isn't as strong as elsewhere, they may have the population and you think that would mean the more people the bigger the market but it's not the
case in this instance.
Plus you got to remember a lot of places in China are still very poor

Last edited by Mcghie on Thu May 30, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Resident Evil was never really scary at all. Even when I played the very first game, there were no jump scares at all.

How could you? It scares the shit out of me when I first played it. I was only 8 years old then. Sad Very Happy
It was scary because you were 8. Now that you're older, you've grown out of that fear. I'll be honest, I started playing RE games only when I was 13. So, it wasn't too long ago when I got into the series (almost 4 years). The game that did come pretty close into scaring me was REmake, and even after a few playthroughs, I got used to it.

You don't understand how I felt that moment. Sad Well, I guess that's true. I was young that time, and you we're 13 you are more mature enough. Now that I'm on my 20's I don't get scare about it anymore. Unless I'm out of ammos, herbs and all I can do is running while I'm chasing by Nemesis, or Ustanak .___. For me, that still scary.

lol i have u all beat i was about 4 when i first played Resident Evil on my brothers PlayStation and i wasnt scared XP
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:24 pm

leonada wrote:

lol i have u all beat i was about 4 when i first played Resident Evil on my brothers PlayStation and i wasnt scared XP

You don't really have us beat to be honest.
It could have been due to your age, plus being scared at a survival horror just means their method to get you immersed in the game worked.
Thus making the experience terrifying and one that we will always remember.
If there was no immersion or fear from survival horror titles there would be basically not much point in playing them.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Because those games aren't just made for lil' kids . . . Rolling Eyes

Mcghie wrote:
I accidentally double posted, didn't even notice.
I've tried to delete it but the option isn't there.
Mass, Nite or Spike please delete this post

You double-posting motherfu....

Wait, why is my name last...!?!?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Probably because you contribute the least to the forums as an admin.

Edit: We could use a trollface emotcon. Can you work on that, Nite, Mass, or Spike?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Mcghie wrote:
leonada wrote:

You don't really have us beat to be honest.
It could have been due to your age, plus being scared at a survival horror just means their method to get you immersed in the game worked.
Thus making the experience terrifying and one that we will always remember.
If there was no immersion or fear from survival horror titles there would be basically not much point in playing them.
Exactly. As mentioned before, the reason many of you found the older RE games scarier was because you most likely played it as kids. Because I was 13 when I started the series, I almost always knew where the enemies would come from during my second playthrough on REmake, 2, 3, and even Code Veronica. As for Code Veronica, I started playing it when I was 15
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:47 pm

I think I played Resident Evil 4 when I was 15. I was a wimp before that: I was scared by the first episode of Batman the Animated Series… but to be fair, you saw a Man-Bat transform before your very eyes, and as a six year old, that was pretty creepy shit. At any rate, I think there's just a time in your life when you decide to figure out why people like to get scared and find that feeling vulnerable and scared is actually a pretty awesome feeling.

In an interview with the team at Tango Works Entertainment, one of the directors of The Evil Within said that fear and relief are very similar and close to each other in the brain. If someone can pull off that sense of dred, they will get a satasfied audience.

This being said; I don't believe in Resident Evil 7. I don't think it'll be nearly as good as what the title use to stand for, I also refuse to believe that it's going to be any better than Resident Evil 6. I do however believe in "The Evil Within" and look forward to not only that game, but hopefully the franchise entirely as it branches out.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Vandal wrote:
I think I played Resident Evil 4 when I was 15. I was a wimp before that: I was scared by the first episode of Batman the Animated Series… but to be fair, you saw a Man-Bat transform before your very eyes, and as a six year old, that was pretty creepy shit. At any rate, I think there's just a time in your life when you decide to figure out why people like to get scared and find that feeling vulnerable and scared is actually a pretty awesome feeling.

In an interview with the team at Tango Works Entertainment, one of the directors of The Evil Within said that fear and relief are very similar and close to each other in the brain. If someone can pull off that sense of dred, they will get a satasfied audience.

This being said; I don't believe in Resident Evil 7. I don't think it'll be nearly as good as what the title use to stand for, I also refuse to believe that it's going to be any better than Resident Evil 6. I do however believe in "The Evil Within" and look forward to not only that game, but hopefully the franchise entirely as it branches out.
That would be good. In my opinion, Deas Space was scarier than all the RE games combined. If they can pull that off, they have my support.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:35 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:

That would be good. In my opinion, Deas Space was scarier than all the RE games combined. If they can pull that off, they have my support.
I felt that Dead Space was boring as hell. It wasn't as scary as I thought it could have been. I enjoyed Dead Space 2 more. It did an excellent job with balancing story and gameplay while keeping me at the edge of my seat. In Dead Space the story kind of just pushed Isaac along while in Dead Space 2, the story was about Isaac. Dead Space 3 was more characters pushing Isaac around this weird convoluted story. Dead Space 2 and Dead Space mobile are my favorite games in the franchise.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:40 am

Vandal wrote:
We could use a trollface emotcon. Can you work on that, Nite, Mass, or Spike?

How about you kiss my ass?

I have never played Dead Space. I probably won't either.

I think the next RE game should control tank-like, like RER. Unfortunately since RE6, it may be considered a downgrade to go back to tank-like controls, which RE6 were not. They need to steer away from the complete action experience that RE6 was. No more partners goddammit. Solo experience, and not traveling across the globe, stick us in a building that we have to figure out how to escape from, i.e. Mansion, Police Department, etc. A mystery we have to figure out, puzzles to do to get keys to unlock doors so we can further explore the location we are stuck in.

I will come up with more eventually. I think I have the perfect RE7. Razz Take notes Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:07 am

China has 1.35 billion of population.
They might have that in population but how many of those people actually play games? As for Warfare, I googled it and it seems to be an RTS. Those games do sell. Not modern shooters.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:51 am

@Vandal: Ok I admit it, it did have its boring moments.

@Spike: That would probably be a bad idea. Just because you can move and shoot doesn't make it a full blown action experience. Plus, many of these characters have been shown to use their weapons nicely. For them not being able to move and shoot after 15+ years of fighting B.O.W.S would be awkward.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
China has 1.35 billion of population.
They might have that in population but how many of those people actually play games? As for Warfare, I googled it and it seems to be an RTS. Those games do sell. Not modern shooters.

Well China has more kids then total population of Japan or Russia or USA. By RTS you mean Real-time Strategy ? well then you've goodled it wrong, Warface is a first person online shooter, built on CryTeks Cry engine 3, produced by Crytek Kiev and Mail.ru . It looks and feels just like Far Cry or Crysis.

What do you mean by that ? if you mean that Shooters dont sell its an utter nonsense . . . Check any top selling video games list. only battle field 4 will cover up all the sales that top 10 games in Japan had . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My ideas for the next Resident Evil game
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next