HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

My ideas for the next Resident Evil game

Go down 
+12
Industrial Ridden
Mcghie
TyrantSteve
PWNERX
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
White Rock
Wesker's Fanboy
Limey
Known_Hero
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My idea for a Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Title: Resident Evil: The Outbreak Chronicles

Summary: An episodic survival horror series focusing on a group of people, some teenagers, who become trapped in Raccoon City during the Outbreak. A group of teenagers initially trapped in their highschool, a mysterious stranger, an office worker and a rookie female police officer, all with their own intertwining stories. Throughout the series, as they slowly progress through the town, they happen upon a sinister plot in the works.

While still hefty on the puzzles, this game would have a little bit more of a focus on story and scares.

Some classic RE locations would be visited over the duration and players would also have a great deal of melee weapons to choose from. Also a stamina bar would be introduced, limting how much a player could run. The stamina bar could be replenished by supplies scrounged from around the city. The inventory would now take on various forms depending on the character being played.

The main aim of the game would be to convey such a feeling of desolation, despair and hellish fear that the game would be an utterly horrific experience that would not soon be forgotten. A true return to form for Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:49 pm

So... Is it an Outbreak or a Chronicles title?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:47 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:

Summary: An episodic survival horror series focusing on a group of people, some teenagers, who become trapped in Raccoon City during the Outbreak. A group of teenagers initially trapped in their highschool, a mysterious stranger, an office worker and a rookie female police officer, all with their own intertwining stories. Throughout the series, as they slowly progress through the town, they happen upon a sinister plot in the works.

While still hefty on the puzzles, this game would have a little bit more of a focus on story and scares.

Some classic RE locations would be visited over the duration and players would also have a great deal of melee weapons to choose from. Also a stamina bar would be introduced, limting how much a player could run. The stamina bar could be replenished by supplies scrounged from around the city. The inventory would now take on various forms depending on the character being played.

The main aim of the game would be to convey such a feeling of desolation, despair and hellish fear that the game would be an utterly horrific experience that would not soon be forgotten. A true return to form for Resident Evil.

That actually sounds very true to Resident Evil style of story telling.
Question is (also like Mass pointed out) what style would you have this game ?
Traditional resident evil, resident evil outbreak or a railgun shooter like the chronicle series ?

P.S - You should post on in the "introduction" section so all us members can get to know you a little better, it help with the communication process of new members to our cult Razz

Yet another P.S - This is TheMerchantHD from YouTube in case you where wondering Smile
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:13 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:

The stamina bar shouldn't have to be replenished with ONLY health items whatsoever. Whenever we go running, do we have to use health items to start breathing at a regular rate again? It replenishes overtime (Like RE6) using health items should only fill it completely or accelerate the replenishing.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:22 pm

I agree with everything you said except for one thing. I never found any resident evil games to be scary at all. Not even the jump scares got me. Sure the famous L shaped hallway jump scare with the dogs was totally unexpected, but I still didn't jump. I like how in RE5 you can see the weapons carried on your back.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:35 am

Industrial Ridden wrote:
I agree with everything you said except for one thing. I never found any resident evil games to be scary at all. Not even the jump scares got me. Sure the famous L shaped hallway jump scare with the dogs was totally unexpected, but I still didn't jump. I like how in RE5 you can see the weapons carried on your back.
we share the same opinions. I never found it scary either
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:49 am

Industrial Ridden wrote:

You didn't find them scary because they were before your time. You had to be apart of that particular era in order to understand why the classic REs were scary.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:02 am

No more with the "Scares" that don't even involve actual gameplay. If you are going down an alley, and you hear a creepy noise, DON'T INVESTIGATE THAT DAMN NOISE! Also, stay away from windows. Windows baaad.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:30 am

The ages of the people in this thread who thought the classic REs weren't scary...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:07 am

They probably miss the 90's too. All three years of it.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:02 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
So... Is it an Outbreak or a Chronicles title?

Mcghie wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

That actually sounds very true to Resident Evil style of story telling.
Question is (also like Mass pointed out) what style would you have this game ?
Traditional resident evil, resident evil outbreak or a railgun shooter like the chronicle series ?

P.S - You should post on in the "introduction" section so all us members can get to know you a little better, it help with the communication process of new members to our cult Razz

Yet another P.S - This is TheMerchantHD from YouTube in case you where wondering Smile

Nobudy wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

The stamina bar shouldn't have to be replenished with ONLY health items whatsoever. Whenever we go running, do we have to use health items to start breathing at a regular rate again? It replenishes overtime (Like RE6) using health items should only fill it completely or accelerate the replenishing.

Outbreak Chronicles would not actually be one of the Chronicles series. More would it in fact be a mix of the main series and the Outbreak series, the Chronicles title being symbolic as the series chronicles a group of survivors in a desperate fight for survival during the final days of Raccoon City.

The stamina bar wouldn't only be replenished through health items, snack items and energy drinks would also be available, much like in Silent Hill: Origins. I thought of this as a means to heighten the sense of dread and atmosphere, to create a stronger sense of realism and to force players to think a little more about what they do.

In some areas of the city the power would actually be out, relegating the player to using a flashlight to find their way around. This would also grant more opportunity for scares.

Part of the sinister plot mentioned would revolve around Umbrella, knowing of the town's impending destruction, deciding to use the rapidly decaying city as a testing-ground for some new bio-weapons.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Known_Hero wrote:

You didn't find them scary because they were before your time. You had to be apart of that particular era in order to understand why the classic REs were scary.

You took the words right out my mouth.
I was just about to mention the age gap and cultural differences that the gaming era had as opposed to today's gaming era.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Hmm... I think it should still have a different name, especially if it doesn't fit in the Chronicles side-series. The name Outbreak Chronicles would only confuse people and make them think it's a Chronicles game based on the Outbreak series.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Hmm... I think it should still have a different name, especially if it doesn't fit in the Chronicles side-series. The name Outbreak Chronicles would only confuse people and make them think it's a Chronicles game based on the Outbreak series.

Maybe "Resident Evil: Desolation".
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:07 pm

That could work. 10 points.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
That could work. 10 points.

The locations I imagine to return would be the Clock Tower from RE3 and the Police Station; maybe show how that UBCS soldier and that girl died.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:25 am

Vandal wrote:

I pity them. They missed out on so much.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I pity them. They missed out on so much.

Where to begin lol ?
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:37 am

Let's face it RE fans. Old-school survival horror is dead and will never come back. Action has corrupted it. But that doesn't mean to say that it can't return in some form or other. Let's not forget that "survival horror" was originally a mere term for your experience in the original RE. Shinji Mikami also used the term "panic horror" for Dino Crisis. So how's 'bout this, a complete revival/rebirth of old-school survival horror under the new name of "desperation horror".
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:24 am

TyrantSteve wrote:
Let's face it RE fans. Old-school survival horror is dead and will never come back. Action has corrupted it. But that doesn't mean to say that it can't return in some form or other. Let's not forget that "survival horror" was originally a mere term for your experience in the original RE. Shinji Mikami also used the term "panic horror" for Dino Crisis. So how's 'bout this, a complete revival/rebirth of old-school survival horror under the new name of "desperation horror".
What is with people saying survival horror is dead and not coming back? There are lots of other horror games out there that still do things right.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
What is with people saying survival horror is dead and not coming back? There are lots of other horror games out there that still do things right.

I agree. There are a great many games out there that DO still do things right. I may not have meant exactly what I said when I said that, more that I meant that games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, games that defined survival horror, have become mere husks when compared to their original forms. Horror is still good. It's just that these days, it's a little bit more action oriented.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:51 am

Survival horror is still here and a few newer titles are coming forward to add to the list.
You've got Amnesia (second one coming out as well), Calling, Fatal Frame, Alan wake (sort of a thriller but you could still classify it as survival horror), silent hill, Lone survivor, Siren : Blood curse, you've got a truly oldskool experience coming "The Asylum" and these titles are alll current gen (I'm missing a few as well but can't think at the moment.
Apart from this you have The evil Within and the sequel to Eternal Darkness.
Not to mention a ton of indie developed titles as well.
If you can't find survival horror these day's then you must not be a big fan of the genre or you're not looking hard enough.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 6:00 am

Mcghie wrote:
Survival horror is still here and a few newer titles are coming forward to add to the list.
You've got Amnesia (second one coming out as well), Calling, Fatal Frame, Alan wake (sort of a thriller but you could still classify it as survival horror), silent hill, Lone survivor, Siren : Blood curse, you've got a truly oldskool experience coming "The Asylum" and these titles are alll current gen (I'm missing a few as well but can't think at the moment.
Apart from this you have The evil Within and the sequel to Eternal Darkness.
Not to mention a ton of indie developed titles as well.
If you can't find survival horror these day's then you must not be a big fan of the genre or you're not looking hard enough.

Amnesia isn't available in the UK, I think, I've played Alan Wake (loved it) and I've got Siren: Blood Curse. All awesome games. I think Slender can fall under that title, too. But, for me, only the earlier Resident Evil and Silent Hill games had that certain kick to them that made them an experience not to be missed.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 6:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

yea but most of those games are developed by indie small studios, when Capcom is gigantic corporation, where money means all, they do try to keep RE so that old school fans would like em, but still their main priority is to fit the game to nowadays market requirements and by this time Action is the best selling genre and even Mikami says that best Sur Hor would be a perfect balance between action and horror, so by saying that Hor Sur is dead, well i understand your point that there still are games that perfectly fir those standards, but RE is not one of em and it will never be, so i guess its more correct to say that Old School Hor Sur is dead with RE and its out for good, but one way or the other I personally love the way game is now and would most definitely never played RE if it had 3d gen graphics, but hor sur say motion limits . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 6:56 am

TyrantSteve wrote:
only the earlier Resident Evil and Silent Hill games had that certain kick to them that made them an experience not to be missed.
I guess the main reason to that is that we were all still kids back then and things like that used to have more of an influence to our minds.

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

yea but most of those games are developed by indie small studios
Is Konami a small indie studio? Tecmo, Grasshopper Manufacture, Project Siren, Remedy and Hudson Soft have made pretty good and prominent horror games too as of late.

Old school survival horror isn't all that dead either because that's what the indie studios are on right now. It'd be more fit to say that RE has left its old school survival horror past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ideas for the next Resident Evil game   My ideas for the next Resident Evil game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My ideas for the next Resident Evil game
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next