HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Would you dare ever go off RE?

Go down 
+18
Shrike
Industrial Ridden
Mcghie
RebelliousQueen
SWITCHMYND
Wesker's Fanboy
PWNERX
spawn
Ghost Leader
Veronesis
chrisredfielmusculo
Vandal
PAULSAMSON
Methsia
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Limey
Mass Distraction
White Rock
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:28 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Oh really? There's a word for shit in japanese? I would have never guessed. Thank you for enlightening me.

As for the rest of your wall of text, you still haven't answered my simple question: why does it matter to you so badly?

My point was that he didn't like it. Even if he thought it was good, he still won't like it because he didn't work on it and the people who took over distorted his vision.

You are welcome my friend Rolling Eyes cs its a lie maybe Rolling Eyes Exactly but that doesn't mean that he considers game to be shit. He never said that either Jun Takeuchi or anybody else working on RE 5 distorted his vision, he meant that it was created to be different from his vision and thats it, plus if he said anything bad on the game he would actually lined out also the positive things about it and RE5 had shitload of em . . .
I have reason to believe you're retarded. I already said he didn't call it shit, why are you still arguing that point? And you still haven't explained why this is so important to you.

What does distorted mean? Out of shape, different, contorted. He said he didn't make it and he "didn't like the idea of that." He said this right after saying that Resident Evil 6's trailer looks like an action movie rather than a survival horror game. What do you think his thoughts are on Resident Evil 5? This is what he said a year before it came out.

IGN wrote:
"I probably won't play it. I won't like it, because it's not going to be the game I would have made," he said. "It'll just cause me stress if I play it. If I see anything in Resident Evil 5 that isn't done well, I'll be angry!"

It doesn't matter if he thought it was good, he didn't like it. He didn't like it. He didn't like it. I don't know how many times I have to say it in order for you to understand this. How many times do I have to say this before you get it? Maybe I should say it one more time, just for safe measures. Mikami didn't like Resident Evil 5.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:57 am

Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Oh really? There's a word for shit in japanese? I would have never guessed. Thank you for enlightening me.

As for the rest of your wall of text, you still haven't answered my simple question: why does it matter to you so badly?

My point was that he didn't like it. Even if he thought it was good, he still won't like it because he didn't work on it and the people who took over distorted his vision.

You are welcome my friend Rolling Eyes cs its a lie maybe Rolling Eyes Exactly but that doesn't mean that he considers game to be shit. He never said that either Jun Takeuchi or anybody else working on RE 5 distorted his vision, he meant that it was created to be different from his vision and thats it, plus if he said anything bad on the game he would actually lined out also the positive things about it and RE5 had shitload of em . . .
I have reason to believe you're retarded. I already said he didn't call it shit, why are you still arguing that point? And you still haven't explained why this is so important to you.

What does distorted mean? Out of shape, different, contorted. He said he didn't make it and he "didn't like the idea of that." He said this right after saying that Resident Evil 6's trailer looks like an action movie rather than a survival horror game. What do you think his thoughts are on Resident Evil 5? This is what he said a year before it came out.

IGN wrote:
"I probably won't play it. I won't like it, because it's not going to be the game I would have made," he said. "It'll just cause me stress if I play it. If I see anything in Resident Evil 5 that isn't done well, I'll be angry!"

It doesn't matter if he thought it was good, he didn't like it. He didn't like it. He didn't like it. I don't know how many times I have to say it in order for you to understand this. How many times do I have to say this before you get it? Maybe I should say it one more time, just for safe measures. Mikami didn't like Resident Evil 5.

This is the quote from Resident Evil Fun facts - Did you know that Shinji Mikami didn't play Resident Evil 5 until 2012? He said it was shit.

Also check your post on previous page but just in case - "He did play it, he said it was shit.", if you cant understand the meaning of your own posts then guess ur dumb . . . Why it matters so much to me, simply cs A. RE 5 is my favorite game and B. I just hate people that bark without facts. . .
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:

IGN wrote:

This is the quote from Resident Evil Fun facts - Did you know that Shinji Mikami didn't play Resident Evil 5 until 2012? He said it was shit.

Also check your post on previous page but just in case - "He did play it, he said it was shit.", if you cant understand the meaning of your own posts then guess ur dumb . . . Why it matters so much to me, simply cs A. RE 5 is my favorite game and B. I just hate people that bark without facts. . .
Did you even read my post? Or are you illiterate? I said it was a year before Resident Evil 5, Mikami said...

A. That's your favorite game, not Mikami's
B. You're a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:

IGN wrote:

Did you even read my post? Or are you illiterate? I said it was a year before Resident Evil 5, Mikami said...

A. That's your favorite game, not Mikami's
B. You're a hypocrite.

Yeah no use arguing with him . . .

Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 3542822039_feeling_disappointed_xlarge
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Someone asked what horror games I like. Well, I like most classic survival horror series. I've never really played much of the Project Zero games, but they are a bit boring in my opinion.

Anyway, it could be that I'm older and my interest in things has waned, but I honestly didn't really think much of the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games released last year. It saddened me that both series were at their peak ten years ago back in 2002, but the new ones to me seemed like homages, not to mention RE6 was too drawn out and darn frustrating to be considered fun.

I actually like Downpour. It plays just like all the other games. It just dragged in parts. Operation Raccoon City was just annoying. RE6 was just solid, needed regular patching and the overall experience was a shallow, fright lacking one for the most part, as it felt like everything was a bad rehash. And I didn't play Revelations or Book of Memories, but the latter game doesn't really interest me at all.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:24 pm

White Rock wrote:
I didn't play Revelations or Book of Memories, but the latter game doesn't really interest me at all.
If you're only playing these games for horror then it really shouldn't.

But hey, if you're looking for a horror series that still plays the horror element well check the other games I mentioned in my first post on this thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 pm

I don't think I could ever leave the series, I'm too dedicated to RE. Everyone has that one (or two) series that they will stick with until they die. I also love the pokemon series because it was a huge part of my childhood. Nowadays, the pokemon series has gone to shit, but every time a new one comes out I still play it. Even though the story line and characters may be not so great I still catch myself having a good time now and then.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:01 pm

One Word: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Wesker's Fanboy
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker's Fanboy

Playstation Network Yonwyn

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:53 pm

No, I wouldn't. If I hate where the series is going (which is me for the current RE games), I just stick to the era of the games that I like.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 3:13 am

Wesker's Fanboy wrote:
No, I wouldn't. If I hate where the series is going (which is me for the current RE games), I just stick to the era of the games that I like.
I think, and this is just me here, that the question was more about would you ditch the series in a way that you would not buy any new games that come out instead of just selling all your stuff and never looking back.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:52 am

I would never get off of resident evil but that doesnt mean that ill play capcoms games if they drive resident evil into the ground
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:42 pm

No. Never. That's not gonna happen. Resident Evil is my life!
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:31 pm

I play older survival horror games from time to time when I can be bothered, but while modern ones are obviously graphically superior, I still say the oldies have a charm about them that cannot be matched, cheesy voice acting and low rate textures aside. Very Happy

Alone in the dark is one example. I bought The New Nightmare in 2001 and it was one of the best horror games on the PS1. Forget the God awful 2008 sequel / reboot. It sucked. TNN was actually a lot like RE2. You could play either Edward Carnby or Aline Cedrac. I recall the latter was harder, had a 'Nemesis' like boss chasing after you throughout and Aline's campaign just had more puzzles you had to solve. tongue

The original games on the PC in the 90s are interesting examples of early horror games, but I am not a fan of keyboard based controls. There was some issue in the games where you had to hold any direction key, press and release Esc, and then that would make your character run faster.

I think survival horror (and horror generally) lost its way at some stage. Seems to be just for the big bucks now. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:59 pm

White Rock wrote:
I play older survival horror games from time to time when I can be bothered, but while modern ones are obviously graphically superior, I still say the oldies have a charm about them that cannot be matched, cheesy voice acting and low rate textures aside. Very Happy

Alone in the dark is one example. I bought The New Nightmare in 2001 and it was one of the best horror games on the PS1. Forget the God awful 2008 sequel / reboot. It sucked. TNN was actually a lot like RE2. You could play either Edward Carnby or Aline Cedrac. I recall the latter was harder, had a 'Nemesis' like boss chasing after you throughout and Aline's campaign just had more puzzles you had to solve. tongue

The original games on the PC in the 90s are interesting examples of early horror games, but I am not a fan of keyboard based controls. There was some issue in the games where you had to hold any direction key, press and release Esc, and then that would make your character run faster.

I think survival horror (and horror generally) lost its way at some stage. Seems to be just for the big bucks now. scratch

Alone in Dark : a new nightmare was a very impressive survival horror, It scared me to my core and the puzzles where very challenging.
I enjoyed the first Alone in the Dark but the mechanics and slow pace of the game could make you tear your hair out but to be honest I'v survived worse (Clock tower for the SNES anyone?)
You should definitely try out Project Zero (fatal frame) if you haven't already, that game will still give you nightmares.
I'm currently playing through the series again and I can tell you it still terrifies me but it's addictive as hell and no matter how scary it draws you in and keeps a hold on you.
Another great title would be Forbidden siren (or siren), I really enjoyed this title.
The pure survival horror element it had mixed with stealth gameplay really appealed to me and left me feeling helpless.
It used to fill me with despair when a Shibito caught me trying to sneak around, I just knew that the chance of surviving was next to none.

Another title I recently managed to get a hold of again was Kuon (luckily for me the PAL version is uncensored Razz )
That is a very rare game to get a hold of so expect it to be pricey.
Mine was something like £58 but I mean this when I say it, the game is worth it and is a very good survival horror title.
Not a lot of people have heard of it though.

Oh another game of the top of my head as well, Echo night.
Preferably Echo Night: Beyond for the PS2.
It's a first person survival horror and focuses mainly on storyline and horror elements rather than action.

Anyway that's just a small fraction of my highly rated survival horror games.
You might be able to find YouTube playthrough on them or what not.

Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:42 pm

I have Echo Night: Beyond on the PS2, but it's a US copy and I don't have a US PS2. I can play American PS1 games because I have a Canadian PS1 which I play using a voltage downer and I can also play imported Dreamcast games because I have a disc you put in the Dreamcast to make the games boot. I also have Kuon and the first three Project Zero games, plus Rule of Rose, and some rarer ones like Countdown Vampires and the D games, with the third one being Enemy Zero, all featuring a character named Laura.

I didn't get the fourth Fatal Frame cos there was a bit of a nuisance in having to get the unofficial patch to play it with English closed captions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:08 pm

White Rock wrote:
I have Echo Night: Beyond on the PS2, but it's a US copy and I don't have a US PS2. I can play American PS1 games because I have a Canadian PS1 which I play using a voltage downer and I can also play imported Dreamcast games because I have a disc you put in the Dreamcast to make the games boot. I also have Kuon and the first three Project Zero games, plus Rule of Rose, and some rarer ones like Countdown Vampires and the D games, with the third one being Enemy Zero, all featuring a character named Laura.

I didn't get the fourth Fatal Frame cos there was a bit of a nuisance in having to get the unofficial patch to play it with English closed captions. Smile

nice one.
I loved countdown Vampires, it was just exactly like Resident Evil, one could say it was blatant copy.
I mean the supposed "vampires" didn't even act or move like vampires, they where much more like zombies IMO.
The D games where really good, I wish I'd never sold them, I will try and hunt them down again.
Are Canadian consoles different from American consoles ?
I thought Canada would still be under NTSC ?
The Dreamcast utopia boot disk is a pretty amazing tool to use to play import games.
Fortunatly I have the hard to get first PAL production Dreamcast model so I can play import easily, just pop the disk in and away I go.
Furthermore I can burn disk images onto a CD and play it without needing to surpass any blocks as there wasn't any on my model of DC.
It comes in handy as a lot of Japanese titles have received english translation patches so that means I can burn them onto a disk and play them as if they where a western release.
I prefer my english games to be legit though as I'm still in that oldskool frame of mind and love nothing more than a physical collection.
Some call it sad to have massive game collections, I call it awesome instead Razz
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:19 pm

I love Resident Evil, regardless what path it takes. I don't care if it's survival horror, or action adventure, it's still Resident Evil. I would still play it even if it became the most action game ever invented, I would still play it even if every main character we come to love and know dies and a new cast sets in, (Okay, probably not that), but I will be a long RE fan, that's for sure. I love the original RE games for different reasons than why I love the newer games.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Yeah. My PS1 reads Canada NTSC, so it covers basically all of the US and Canada.

I bought it primarily for Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within, but some other games too.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:57 am

White Rock wrote:
Yeah. My PS1 reads Canada NTSC, so it covers basically all of the US and Canada.

I bought it primarily for Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within, but some other games too.

You learn something new every day.
I just assumed they where under the same band.
Then again UK PAL is different from other regions in Europe.
I think the UK is under PAL region 1 along with Germany/Spain and France.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:14 pm

I will always replay RE1,2,3,Remake, CVX and Zero. 4, 5, 6... maybe sometimes.
Back to top Go down
GTMippey
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
GTMippey

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:48 am

RE is the series I pretty much grew up with, and I've followed it from 1 to 6 and all in-between. But lately I haven't been as excited by new RE games as I have been in the past. I've barely touched RE6 since I first finished it, and this worries me because I don't want to see one of the definitive franchises of my gaming experience lose its appeal.

With that said, I feel like Capcom may have learned a little bit from the overall negative reception from RE6/ORC, and hopefully, the port of Revelations is well received. Although it's not TRUE survival horror like the early games, it's as close as we've had for years.

Although don't get me wrong, I do greatly enjoy some of the more action-orientated games. 4 and 5 I replayed just as much as some of the originals. (Although I doubt I'll ever replay them as much as I've replayed 2, it's impossible at this point. Razz) Bottom line, if the game is fun, made with love and well-paced, I'll play it and love it. If the franchise continues into a downward spiral, I just might lose interest,
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Eh, honestly, I tried to like Resident Evil 6 a little too much. Made me end up hating it. Hopefully Revelations HD will restore what I liked about the series. I mean I know I already like Revelations… but really feel like Resident Evil isn't what it use to be ever since 2012 tried to force action down our throats.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Yeah. I also grew up with RE and 2 years later in 2002, I got into Silent Hill and more horror titles soon followed, although I got into RE at the turn of the century, as opposed to 1996 like many fans did. But I've stuck by it all anyway and long for a truly terrifying RE game again, like the remake or Nemesis. Smile

Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:00 pm

If I like a series, I'll never give up on it.

They would have to do something terribly drastic for me to give up on Resident Evil forever, and the word "forever" is key. Even if they release two or three bad games, I will still look forward to the next one hoping for something better. Since I'm in the boat of gamers that just wants it to be fun, I'm almost certain I'll always be a RE fan. RE5 and 6 aren't scary (well, most RE games aren't scary actually), or they at least didn't attempt to be scary very often. However they are still fun games and have that American-Anime charm in their story-telling as well as BOW's. RE6 I find to be less good soley due to obnoxious and generally unlikable enemies (especially the horrible and unredeemably annoying J'avo) and difficult aiming. They're still fun and you're still fighting BOW's.

I have a feeling they may try to amp up the creepiness in future titles (crossing my fingers for a quiet abandoned rural wooded area like the opening of Halloween 4). Not only did they say they would, but Revelations shows they still have the capacity to make the games a little creepy still. I would prefer if they had a much more solitary and scary atmosphere, but if the game is done well and is recognizable as a Resident Evil game, I have no complaints. Just make it good, and remember not to give regular enemies astronomical health bars with jarring invincibility phases when transforming for five hours whilst ruining your combo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:50 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
RE6 I find to be less good soley due to obnoxious and generally unlikable enemies (especially the horrible and unredeemably annoying J'avo)
Really? Why those, exactly? I found them to be just mutating ganado.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you dare ever go off RE?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next