Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Would you dare ever go off RE?

Go down 
+18
Shrike
Industrial Ridden
Mcghie
RebelliousQueen
SWITCHMYND
Wesker's Fanboy
PWNERX
spawn
Ghost Leader
Veronesis
chrisredfielmusculo
Vandal
PAULSAMSON
Methsia
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Limey
Mass Distraction
White Rock
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Would you dare ever go off RE? Empty
PostSubject: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:41 am

Are you a fan who stands by the series no matter what, or do you want to see the series get better?

I still think there's hope. But they need to make them scary again. Ditch the co-op. Ditch the conspiracy theory plot, or at least make it like the original where the twist doesn't come too early, or bring back some long forgotten characters that we'd want to see again, such as Billy, Rebecca, Ark and good old Mr. Magnum, Barry.

Personally, I am really starting to go off horror games. The only hope left may lie with Shinji's new project, which had better not be something like RE5 or 6. Or even 4. God, it's got to a point where you just KNOW that any horror game will end up a RE6 clone or worse.

Like, I want a hardcore horror game again, like old school horror games, but with a 2013 look. It ain't impossible to do it if they really sit down and think about what to do with the story, its characters and the environment. They just keep playing things safe and making action based games, for action lovers, because they know action games are marketed better than just traditional horror games.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 4:46 am

I'll stick with RE and I don't think it need to "get better". I've enjoyed every title thus far in some way or the other (expect for a certain abysmal mobile title) so I see no reason to ditch the series. Yet. I think the biggest turn-off for me would be combining the movies with the games. That would make me abandon the series for sure. As far as horror goes, I'm fine without it. I've never played the games for horror, I've played them for the enjoyment I get from them. That's what makes a good game for me.

From what you said I'd say the best option here is a reboot.

Btw. What kind of horror games do you even play? A lot of newer horror games still work well as such like Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Alan Wake, Corpse Party and Siren, not to mention Amnesia. None of them are RE clones and none of them cater to action fans. There's also the Dementium II remake that's coming up on PC this year that I'm personally looking forward to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:49 pm

I'll still be buying Revelations, but if there's another title similar to RE6, I might simply purchase other horror titles which MD has mentioned.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:20 pm

White Rock wrote:
Are you a fan who stands by the series no matter what, or do you want to see the series get better?

I still think there's hope. But they need to make them scary again. Ditch the co-op. Ditch the conspiracy theory plot, or at least make it like the original where the twist doesn't come too early, or bring back some long forgotten characters that we'd want to see again, such as Billy, Rebecca, Ark and good old Mr. Magnum, Barry.

Personally, I am really starting to go off horror games. The only hope left may lie with Shinji's new project, which had better not be something like RE5 or 6. Or even 4. God, it's got to a point where you just KNOW that any horror game will end up a RE6 clone or worse.

Like, I want a hardcore horror game again, like old school horror games, but with a 2013 look. It ain't impossible to do it if they really sit down and think about what to do with the story, its characters and the environment. They just keep playing things safe and making action based games, for action lovers, because they know action games are marketed better than just traditional horror games.

Well actually the only thing that can cool me down with RE is if they decide to either change(physically) and/or get rid of my favorite character, like either killing him and/or just taking him out without any reason, like they did with either Carlos, Billy or Barry. Otherwise im perfectly fine the way the game is going, i've enjoyed RE 6 and dont think that something is wrong with it, just as mass says i will play the game for joy and not for horror.

Well as for Zwei project have to say that more i look at the teaser images more i see RE 4, + Silent hill, what i want from that game to be absolutely innovative and not to be a replication of RE4 . . .
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:04 am

I don't think I'll ever go off R.E Smile I got Code Veronica, that always draws me in. I'm also proud of myself for finally buying RE4 Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:31 am

Methsia wrote:
I'm also proud of myself for finally buying RE4 Smile
Sheesh, took you a while Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Methsia wrote:
I'm also proud of myself for finally buying RE4 Smile
Sheesh, took you a while Very Happy

That was a sign of a protest, she refused playing RE4 until Shinji played RE 5 .
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 am

Dudes, I got it last year. Razz

And I had no idea Shinji played RE5. Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:41 am

Methsia wrote:
Dudes, I got it last year. Razz

Last year. . . Mikami played RE 5 last year also. coincidence ? I think not Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:41 am

Methsia wrote:

He didn't, he's awesome and stuff

Last edited by PAULSAMSON on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:44 am

I still had noo idea though. IF he did play it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Methsia wrote:

He didn't, he's awesome and stuff
But... he did. Only years after the game's release, though.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:11 am

Make up your mind people. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:15 pm

He did play it, he said it was shit.

At any rate, Resident Evil 6 really did turn me off. I preordered Revelations on Xbox, but I really don't think I can buy another Resident Evil game that has the same putrid direction that Resident Evil 6 had. I am more excited for The Evil Within more than anything else Capcom has to offer.

Did you know that Code Veronica had six writers? Resident Evil 6 only had one writer, and four bloomin' campaigns. You would think that the less writers the better the story because of continuity's sake, but no. It seems as if the other five writers were slapping the main writer's face every time he did something stupid. Where in Resident Evil 6, he just had free reign over the confusing twisted plot. Okay, done ranting.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Vandal wrote:
He did play it, he said it was shit.

At any rate, Resident Evil 6 really did turn me off. I preordered Revelations on Xbox, but I really don't think I can buy another Resident Evil game that has the same putrid direction that Resident Evil 6 had. I am more excited for The Evil Within more than anything else Capcom has to offer.

Did you know that Code Veronica had six writers? Resident Evil 6 only had one writer, and four bloomin' campaigns. You would think that the less writers the better the story because of continuity's sake, but no. It seems as if the other five writers were slapping the main writer's face every time he did something stupid. Where in Resident Evil 6, he just had free reign over the confusing twisted plot. Okay, done ranting.

im gonna re-ask my question cs u kinda neglected it so pls provide with info on Mikami saying RE 5 is shit! Otherwise maybe its just ur imagination Rolling Eyes

"Uhh could you post a link where u got that info from??? Ur right about him not playing RE5 until last year but I couldn't find him saying anything bad about it, this is something he said until RE5 was released "It'll just cause me stress if I play it. I think it could be fun for gamers to play it, but not for someone who has developed Resident Evil games." he also said that he wont like it cs it will be different of what he would have made, that means that he would not like the game even if the game was good, simply cs its not his and this is before game was out so cant be considered as an factual opinion. And this is his latest thoughts on RE 5 - I didn’t play Resident Evil 5 until a year ago, which was long after it came out. They sent me a copy, but I didn’t open it for a long time. Whether the game was good or bad, I knew that someone other than me had made it, so it would be different to my style. I didn’t like the idea of that.". really doubt that Mikami, even if he considered game to be as you say shit, have said that publicly, simply cs it would have caused shitstorm in gaming world and might as well (im pretty sure that would have) affected on any other RE game sales, so pls link the part where he expressed his negative feeling on RE5 . . . Plus RE 5 had shit load of positive things in it so he would have underlined them as well . . ."
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:27 am

He didn't say the word "shit" because he speaks Japanese, but why does this matter so much? He didn't like the game. I fail to see why this is so important to you.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/shinji-mikami-shares-his-opinion-of-the-state-of-horror-in-resident-evil/
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:32 am

I kinda lost interest after re6
The series are turning into another generic shooter(even by those standards it isn't even that good)

I am still going to like the older games and possibly keep playing them

I mean i have completed re4 so many times i lost track
after years i still keep going back and play da shit out of that game
Most of us wont do that with re6 or orc just because they are nowhere
close to that level

Re 2 and 3 were pretty good
resident evil 4 was also a pretty good game
with a lot of replay value
Resident evil 5 was pretty decent
a lot of wasted potential trough

And then we have orc,red6...
With the exception of revelations

The series are just going downhill
In4 I get flamed into oblivion
Back to top Go down
Veronesis
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Veronesis

Playstation Network veronesis

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:36 am

White Rock wrote:

As long as the games are fun Im sticking with it. I'd like them to be scary again but I do also enjoy the co-op. It would be nice if you had the option to go completely solo or with someone else. I'm still pretty content with the story and interested to see where they take it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:03 am

Vandal wrote:
He didn't say the word "shit" because he speaks Japanese, but why does this matter so much? He didn't like the game. I fail to see why this is so important to you.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/shinji-mikami-shares-his-opinion-of-the-state-of-horror-in-resident-evil/

Well im sure there's a word for "Shit" in Japanese Rolling Eyes but not only he wouldn't call RE 5 shit he would have never expressed his negative feelings against the game cs it would have been very none diplomatic and second it would most definitely affect Resident Evil, BTW i've linked the same quote in my post and it says nothing negative about the game he just feels bad and doesn't like the Idea of RE 5 not being his, thats the bottom line, im guessing its you who actually considers RE5 to be shit are twisting his words upside-down, just think about it how can a creator of the game call it to be bad, he might underline some flaws but thats how far it would have went, plus he stats that the game would be very fung for gamers to play it. Mikami is very smart and diplomatic person and he would never say things like that even, once again, he considered game to be crap, so just pls dont say "He did play it, he said it was shit." cs thats really far from reality . . .
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Oh really? There's a word for shit in japanese? I would have never guessed. Thank you for enlightening me.

As for the rest of your wall of text, you still haven't answered my simple question: why does it matter to you so badly?

My point was that he didn't like it. Even if he thought it was good, he still won't like it because he didn't work on it and the people who took over distorted his vision.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:16 am

I dropped the franchise after RE5. If I want to play CoD, I'll buy an actual CoD title.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:29 am

Vandal wrote:
Oh really? There's a word for shit in japanese? I would have never guessed. Thank you for enlightening me.

As for the rest of your wall of text, you still haven't answered my simple question: why does it matter to you so badly?

My point was that he didn't like it. Even if he thought it was good, he still won't like it because he didn't work on it and the people who took over distorted his vision.

You are welcome my friend Rolling Eyes cs its a lie maybe Rolling Eyes Exactly but that doesn't mean that he considers game to be shit. He never said that either Jun Takeuchi or anybody else working on RE 5 distorted his vision, he meant that it was created to be different from his vision and thats it, plus if he said anything bad on the game he would actually lined out also the positive things about it and RE5 had shitload of em . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
Have you actually even played the game yet?

Veronesis wrote:
It would be nice if you had the option to go completely solo or with someone else.
Hmm... You mean something like Ada's campaign in 6?
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
I dropped the franchise after RE5. If I want to play CoD, I'll buy an actual CoD title.

I agree with this so much

Mass:yap i did play it and it was worse than what i would
Have imagined
didnt bother finishing any campaign either
thats how much i dislike the damm game
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
Have you actually even played the game yet?

Veronesis wrote:
It would be nice if you had the option to go completely solo or with someone else.
Hmm... You mean something like Ada's campaign in 6?

Its actually kinda good point so that the gamer could choose either solo or Co Op, I havent gone through Adas part yet so i dont know how it is there, but i would love to have choice between Solo and CoOp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you dare ever go off RE?   Would you dare ever go off RE? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you dare ever go off RE?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next