HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Was this fight so much better?

Go down 
+7
ChrisRedfieldRE156
chrisredfielmusculo
GTMippey
will1234562
Industrial Ridden
Mass Distraction
MSR
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 am

Yet I still think she did fit fine within the game, the story and the final battle. Honestly, I won't change my opinion on this.

Spike Reaver wrote:
And you are an admin on an RE forum, with over 9K posts, clearly you take it relatively serious. So don't attempt to hide behind, “Oh it's just a fictional game.”
That is true but I still keep reality and fiction in totally different categories. RE is my hobby, gaming is my hobby, yet I still don't really care what has relevance to what as long as it makes sense to me, doesn't contradict anything, is factually correct in the concept of the franchise/title and most importantly, is fun. I like my entertainment media to be fun.

Spike Reaver wrote:
And as far as the racism claims go, there you go. Capcom is Japanese, and not a single person, other than the imbecile who initially made the claims, actually thought Capcom or RE5 was racist.
What the guy did, by claiming the game to be racist, was cause an avalanche. This one person telling it to the media caused more people to pay attention to that one unfortunate fact which caused more people to get riled up and before anyone even noticed, there were thousands of people claiming "RACIST!!!" on the game. Same happened with the psychotic child killer liking Mass Effect 3, the game getting blamed for the murders. Even though the guy liking the game turned out to be a mistake on the reporter's part, it still didn't stop the stupid accusations.

Also Puss in Boots is a badass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Same happened with the psychotic child killer liking Mass Effect 3, the game getting blamed for the murders.
Really o_O?That's just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Yet I still think she did fit fine within the game, the story and the final battle. Honestly, I won't change my opinion on this.

Why? She didn't know Wesker, didn't have any grudge against him, or any history with him at all, yet her tagging along is fitting?

I guess that makes sense, as her character doesn't have any thoughts of her own, she's just along for the ride pretty much.

The only thing she added was some terrible dialogue between her and Chris, that makes me cringe every time I hear it. Just stating stupidly obvious things, just for the sake of talking.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:37 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Why? She didn't know Wesker, didn't have any grudge against him, or any history with him at all, yet her tagging along is fitting?

I guess that makes sense, as her character doesn't have any thoughts of her own, she's just along for the ride pretty much.

The only thing she added was some terrible dialogue between her and Chris, that makes me cringe every time I hear it. Just stating stupidly obvious things, just for the sake of talking.

Come on Spike, she wasn't that bad. I mean it could've been anyone really, she was just Chris's assigned partner. I mean it's not like half way through the game Chris could've been like....Okay we found Jill. Sheva you can just leave now......what? Why are you still hear, LEAVE! lol
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:48 am

chocotricks wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Come on Spike, she wasn't that bad. I mean it could've been anyone really, she was just Chris's assigned partner. I mean it's not like half way through the game Chris could've been like....Okay we found Jill. Sheva you can just leave now......what? Why are you still hear, LEAVE! lol

It could've been anyone, but we got overly optimistic, happy to just be part of things, Sheva Alomar.

And while it might not have been appropriate for Chris to kick her to the curb after finding his most trusted partner, they still could've found a way not to gip us the proper Chris/Wesker battle that we should've had.

Even if they had Sheva busy with something else, so we could have that nice 1 on 1.

Think RE0, where Becca goes and turns all those valves while Billy takes on the Queen Leech. Something like that would've been fine, but nope.

Oh, and all this Die Hard talk lately, turns out theres actually a new one coming out.

A Good Day To Die Hard.

Sheva? Why are you still hear?! LEAVE! God dammit Sheva!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
She didn't know Wesker, didn't have any grudge against him
Leon didn't know Simmons and he propably bore as much of a grudge against him as Sheva did for Wesker. Point being?

She was there, that's all that really matters to me at this point.

Honestly, what is even the point of this thread if you don't accept what other people think?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Leon didn't know Simmons and he propably bore as much of a grudge against him as Sheva did for Wesker. Point being?

She was there, that's all that really matters to me at this point.

You're right Mass. I had forgotten about that one. I mean I've been waiting for the epic conclusion to Helena/Simmons since RE3, and Leon totally fucked it all up and...oh wait.

Simmons doesn't even compare. He was a nobody, that no one cares about, was introduced and killed off in the same game. Chris/Wesker is a personal fued, an important rivalry, that's been boiling over since RE1, CVX, UC, and finally RE5.

Not even slightly close, in the least, at all. ←Point.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Well, true, but still I don't mind the whole thing.

Okay, listen. We've been going at this for three pages and there's really no progress being made whatsoever. I stand by my original statement, you stand by your own opinions.

This being said, I'm stepping out of this conversation as I don't really feel anyone is getting anything from this. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll get to editing this video of mine when I still remember to do so.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Progress has been made. I've described, with good reasoning why I dislike how Sheva fits into a fight she doesn't belong in, while you haven't brought forward any reasoning other than, you don't mind.

The fued was important to me, and no amount of indifference or apathy regarding the subject will make Sheva's role excusable.

I even mentioned the final boss fight from RE0, and how it would've been satisfactory having the Chris/Wesker fued end like that, or at least have one part of the fight, a measly 5 minutes maybe, for Chris and Wesker to duke it out. We got gipped.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Progress has been made. I've described, with good reasoning why I dislike how Sheva fits into a fight she doesn't belong in, while you haven't brought forward any reasoning other than, you don't mind.
Isn't that a reason enough? I could go through the whole game and point out all the parts I like but that still wouldn't matter as neither of us are going to back away from what we think about the game and the battles.

Besides, I've gone through, plenty of times while I've been here, why I like the characters and the events in the game. I'm way too tired to be writing them here for the umpteenth time.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Isn't that a reason enough? I could go through the whole game and point out all the parts I like but that still wouldn't matter as neither of us are going to back away from what we think about the game and the battles.

Besides, I've gone through, plenty of times while I've been here, why I like the characters and the events in the game. I'm way too tired to be writing them here for the umpteenth time.

Not really. You're too tired to post anything to back up your thoughts, but not too tired to keep coming into this thread to post the same thing over and over about how you don't mind her being in the Chris/Wesker fight? Nice.

Yet you fully understand the situation with Simmons and Leon crystal clear. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 pm

I actually wish they kept Simmions around a bit longer as a legit rival for Leon, cause Leons rivals are always killed off and brought on out of no where. Besides now theres not really an on going villian. Not to mention, I liked Simmions lol
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:

The fued was important to me, and no amount of indifference or apathy regarding the subject will make Sheva's role excusable.

I even mentioned the final boss fight from RE0, and how it would've been satisfactory having the Chris/Wesker fued end like that, or at least have one part of the fight, a measly 5 minutes maybe, for Chris and Wesker to duke it out. We got gipped.

Damn it let it go. You're veeeeery stuck on your ideas, your opinions aren't opinions, to you they're facts. Dude, Sheva was there, and for me it made it more real. In the real world, shit isn't perfect, the chances of being partnered up with Jill was too pefect. It's not like everything has to have a giant significant meaning. It was Wesker's plan, so Birkin or someone related to umbrella should have been Wesker's right hand man! that's the sense you're making. Your opinion is that. No need to keep discussing. My two cents.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Plus… Jill was in Lost in Nightmares and faced Wesker with Chris. It was supposed to be Wesker's demise.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:33 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Damn it let it go. You're veeeeery stuck on your ideas, your opinions aren't opinions, to you they're facts. Dude, Sheva was there, and for me it made it more real. In the real world, shit isn't perfect, the chances of being partnered up with Jill was too pefect. It's not like everything has to have a giant significant meaning. It was Wesker's plan, so Birkin or someone related to umbrella should have been Wesker's right hand man! that's the sense you're making. Your opinion is that. No need to keep discussing. My two cents.

I thought I was done, and you bring me right back in.

If you like Sheva, that's cool, it's your opinion, but it's a matter of fact that Sheva didn't have anything to do with the Chris and Wesker fight. She was just there. And it gets in the way of what could've been such an awesome fight between two rivals. That's all I'm saying.

Because of this, as far as the Thread is concerned, I found the fight against Krauser as Leon in RE4 more fun, than the fight against Wesker as Chris, with Sheva in RE5.

I've never said Sheva shouldn't be in RE5, nor do I think Jill should've switched places with Sheva after you rescue her.

But is it too much to ask for a damn one on one??? Even if just for 5 friggin minutes, after years of this fued boiling.

IDK how having Sheva there makes it more real for you, if you are referring to the fight, and not RE5 as a whole, but it certainly makes the fight far less personal.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:27 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Not really. You're too tired to post anything to back up your thoughts, but not too tired to keep coming into this thread to post the same thing over and over about how you don't mind her being in the Chris/Wesker fight? Nice.

Yet you fully understand the situation with Simmons and Leon crystal clear. Hmmm.
Sigh... Seriously, why is this such a big deal for you? I have stated my opinion, you have stated yours. You might hate Sheva being there for the fight, I don't. You of all people should know that I have enough knowledge on the series to know what I'm talking about.

Also about the Leon fight, I wasn't complaining about it either. I just said that the situation you described was very similar. I still think both fights make sense. End of story.

Btw. It might be a fact that Sheva didn't have anything to do with the history Chris and Albert had but she had everything to do with the fight within the concept of this one singular game, RE5. Same as was with Leon and Simmons, if you catch my drift. I get that you wanted a one on one, it's okay, so propably did many others. Still, for a fact, I rather fought that fight with a partner, regardless of who he/she was. That's my reason, I have spoken.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Sigh... Seriously, why is this such a big deal for you? I have stated my opinion, you have stated yours. You might hate Sheva being there for the fight, I don't. You of all people should know that I have enough knowledge on the series to know what I'm talking about.

Also about the Leon fight, I wasn't complaining about it either. I just said that the situation you described was very similar. I still think both fights make sense. End of story.

Btw. It might be a fact that Sheva didn't have anything to do with the history Chris and Albert had but she had everything to do with the fight within the concept of this one singular game, RE5. Same as was with Leon and Simmons, if you catch my drift. I get that you wanted a one on one, it's okay, so propably did many others. Still, for a fact, I rather fought that fight with a partner, regardless of who he/she was. That's my reason, I have spoken.

Sigh? Sigh all you like, but honestly, I doubt this is anymore a big deal for me than it is for you. I'm not the only one posting in this thread.

That said, while I have complete confidence on your knowledge of the series, knowledge over the RE series has nothing to do with Sheva being in RE5, and especially the fight between Chris/Wesker.

Leon didn't really know Simmons, yet is the one doing the fighting, while Helena sits back with front row seats. You can point something like this out, yet still claim it makes sense, how?

Okay, yes Sheva was involved in the fight with Chris and Wesker, but what I mean is it had nothing to do with her. The reasoning is that RE5 in it's entirety is Co-op. Otherwise some n00b character comes in, is introduced in this one game, kills Wesker, then her character is done. All this time we've just been waiting on Sheva to finish off Wesker once and for all. Who woulda thunk it?

How impersonal. You don't care who the partner was but just prefer the fight with one, fair enough. Well as impersonal as it was, hell, they could've just had generic BSAA Operateve #2 there with Sheva to do the deed, instead of Chris.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:18 am

Simmons caused the death of Leon's friend, the president, as well as thousands of other people. Sheva has a grudge against BOW black market dealers for her family died because of that, in addition to Albert along with Tricell now ravaging her land. Short build up yet it still makes sense, both cases.

Again, I know where you're coming from with this but I would appreciate it if you could at least respect my opinion. The reason why I still keep replying to this nonesense is that all I want is mutual respect and for you to understand that I will not change my views to the same as yours.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:33 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Simmons caused the death of Leon's friend, the president, as well as thousands of other people. Sheva has a grudge against BOW black market dealers for her family died because of that, in addition to Albert along with Tricell now ravaging her land. Short build up yet it still makes sense, both cases.

Again, I know where you're coming from with this but I would appreciate it if you could at least respect my opinion. The reason why I still keep replying to this nonesense is that all I want is mutual respect and for you to understand that I will not change my views to the same as yours.

Fair enough. Wink

I'm not trying to get anybody to change their views, I would just like something logical to back up what one says.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Was this fight so much better?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2