Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Was this fight so much better? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Was this fight so much better? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Was this fight so much better? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Was this fight so much better? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Was this fight so much better? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Was this fight so much better? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Was this fight so much better? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Was this fight so much better? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Was this fight so much better? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Was this fight so much better?

Go down 
+7
ChrisRedfieldRE156
chrisredfielmusculo
GTMippey
will1234562
Industrial Ridden
Mass Distraction
MSR
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Was this fight so much better? Empty
PostSubject: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:12 am

There have been 2 major fueds in RE, Chris Redfield vs Albert Wesker, and Leon Kennedy vs Jack Krauser.

Now in RE4, they introduced the character Krauser, and apparently him and Leon already knew eachother, though we never saw anything of this in a previous RE game. This was news to everyone. And there wasn't much buildup to their final confrontation at the end of RE4 either. We only saw Krauser very briefly like twice before the knife duel cutscene, in which Ada interupts and saves Leon's ass.

Then, there is a really badass fight that takes place later, when Jack is all Rambo'd-out with his gear, face paint, bow, etc. It's a sweet fight that goes over this little area in which you have to collect 3 insignias to go past a gate. Krauser will shoot at you with his TMP, shoot you from a distance with explosive bolts from his Bow, and get up close and personal with his signature knife. There are awesome cutscenes, and plenty of cool QTE's in which he's swinging his knife at you, and if you counter each one, you end up basically bicycle kicking/dropkicking him to the ground. The final part takes place up on that bulding area, in which he mutates. There is some badass battle music, which I like to think of as Krauser's Theme. It also plays in the little intro of DSC, but redone for that game, pretty cool, considering Krauser is pretty significant in that game. Very satisfying fued and fight between the two. And we get to see how the rivalry starts, in Darkside Chronicles, which just adds to the awesomness.

Now the Chris/Wesker fued is a staple of the RE series. We see how personal it is for these two by the end of RE1, and how much more personal it gets in CVX, once Chris's sister Claire becomes involved. By the end of the game, Chris and Wesker play fisty-cuffs, and each vow that the next time they meet, it'd be the last time. I know I was sooo looking forward to seeing them in any future RE games. I wanted to see this shit go down! UC had Chris and Jill in an operation with an Anti-Umbrella group, in Europe, trying to destroy a new deadly BOW called TALOS, with Operation TALOS. At the same time, and the same facility, Wesker was there to retrieve all of Umbrella's data, that was backed up on a disc. UMF-013 I think it was called. It's been awhile though. Obviously Chris and Wesker's fates are forever intertwined, and having Chris, Jill and Wesker all in the same place but never crossing paths is just a big tease, but has to have us more excited for the final fight.

We can say that in LIN, when Chris, Jill and Wesker finally encounter eachother after all that time, that it was the last time, like they had vowed back in CVX. Wesker and Jill had died, and left Chris all alone. Technically both survived, but at that time Chris didn't know that of course. By the time RE5 comes around, we were supposed to get this really badass fight, between long time rivals, Chris and Wesker, yet, I can't help but feel that their fight was a bit lackluster. Definatley not as good as the Leon/Krauser fight, and those had virtually no build-up at all. So WTH?

With Chris and Wesker, they got a little fight in which Sheva and Jill were constantly in the way, Sheva as always, and Jill always shooting at you with her mahcine guns. God forbid she mananged to hurt Sheva enough to where she needed saving, or died. Then the next fight was near the jet Wesker was going to spread Uroboros with. Again, Sheva was in the way...There were a couple of cool QTE's that I saw, but it wasn't like it should've been. It wasn't on par even with Leon/Krauser. Why?

I can't help but push some of the blame on Sheva. RE5 would've been sooo much better if it were the single player experience that RE should be, and Sheva is unfortunately the one who butted into the game.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by SpikeCloud on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:28 am

Chris vs Albert. The rivalry between Leon and Krause was so short lived that I wouldn't even start comparing it to the seemingly endless battle between the Redfields and the Weskers. I put no blame on Sheva, I still think RE5 was epic as hell.

SpikeCloud wrote:
once Claire's sister becomes involved
Also lol.

Btw. I just noticed something... What's with this recurring theme of "013"? Albert's number in the Wesker Children Project, the batch number of the Tyrants in Damnation and then the UMF-013.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Chris vs Albert. The rivalry between Leon and Krause was so short lived that I wouldn't even start comparing it to the seemingly endless battle between the Redfields and the Weskers. I put no blame on Sheva, I still think RE5 was epic as hell.

Both rivalries were cool, and obviously Chris vs Wesker is superior, but I'm asking about the actual fight in the games, Leon vs Krauser was wayyy cooler, and way more fan.

Chris vs Wesker didn't even exist. Chris/Sheva vs Wesker/Jill and Chris/Sheva vs Wesker. Neither was as much fun as the Leon/Krauser fight at the end of RE4.

Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
once Claire's sister becomes involved
Also lol.

Yeah, you know, Claire's sister, Andrea Redfield...

Mass Distraction wrote:
Btw. I just noticed something... What's with this recurring theme of "013"? Albert's number in the Wesker Children Project, the batch number of the Tyrants in Damnation and then the UMF-013.

IDK. You think it was done on purpose?

I guess UMF-013 was right then? I wasn't sure. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Both rivalries were cool, and obviously Chris vs Wesker is superior, but I'm asking about the actual fight in the games
I stand by my previous statement.

Yeah, UMF-013 is the thing, I checked online to be sure. I'm not sure if it was done on purpose but I think it's weird that this exact number is attached to so many things.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:11 am

I think this was said before, but I apologize for not quoting this. RE5 would have been better if It was Rebecca and Not Sheva. It would of made a great return for the character. Also, I feel that the Leon v Krauser fight wasn't all too exciting to me. I didn't actually know much of Krauser's background history at all, in fact, I still don't know much. I like Wesker v Chris fight, but I agree, Sheva was always in the way which lost the "Epicness" to the battle. I really hope that another part of the wesker family, not Jake, will come and step up what Albert had hoped to accomplish.

Quick Question: Does the UC and DSC have Krauser's background in there? If so, then I need to get it because I never really found those two games to be part of the main plot so I just ignored them when they were released. I just thought that they were recapping the events from RE0 to RE:CV.

Again, anybody wanna step up and tell me who actually said that Rebecca would be a better choice instead of Sheva. Can't stop thinking about because I actually thought it was a pretty good idea. It actually would of made sense too.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:07 am

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Quick Question: Does the UC and DSC have Krauser's background in there? If so, then I need to get it because I never really found those two games to be part of the main plot so I just ignored them when they were released. I just thought that they were recapping the events from RE0 to RE:CV.
Darkside Chronicles is the one. Both of the Chronicles games have extra canon scenarios not seen anywhere else in addition to the recaps. So basically, everything that's not a recap is completely canon.

Btw. How would having Rebecca in the middle of Africa have made more sense than having a BSAA operative already located in Africa?
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:
Darkside Chronicles is the one. Both of the Chronicles games have extra canon scenarios not seen anywhere else in addition to the recaps. So basically, everything that's not a recap is completely canon.

Btw. How would having Rebecca in the middle of Africa have made more sense than having a BSAA operative already located in Africa?

Capcom would of found a way!
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
How would having Rebecca in the middle of Africa have made more sense than having a BSAA operative already located in Africa?
Agreed.

Anyway - the fight Chris\Sheva vs Wesker\Jill was epic - especially the cutscenes.
RE4 - Krauser's boss fight was too easy.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
Both rivalries were cool, and obviously Chris vs Wesker is superior, but I'm asking about the actual fight in the games

I understand. But there's no denying that Sheva got in the way of an awesome fued. She was in a place where she didn't belong. She was in between a rock and a hard place. She stood out like a sore thumb. The only reason she was there during that right, was because RE5 was forced co-op, and the ultimate reason behind her role being so big, and her being your constant partner that you absolutely have no choice but to work with, was because of the racism claims.

Otherwise, I can understand how some can like her character, and like her as Chris' partner, despite her ridiculous overly optimistic attitude and happiness just to be there. Smile

I think you guys aren't quite getting what I'm suggesting here though...

I'm not talking about the fueds in general, or the build up behind either of them, but the fights we had that were to conclude these awesome fueds.

If you had played DSC before RE4, or even if you've played DSC and have gone back to RE4(like I have), you can really appreciate RE4's plot, and the Leon/Krauser rivalry so much more than before. And their fight, was so much better done than the Chris/Wesker fued in RE5.

You have a large area as a playground for the two of you to battle to the death. It's Leon versus Krauser, it's personal, it's fun, it's cool, it's intense. You have to be on your toes because Jack is a combat expert in every sense of the word. Hand to hand, knife combat, firearms, etc.

There are so many cool QTE's, in addition to him using his speed to dash from side to side to avoid your bullets, and get right up in your grill, and he'll quicly take his signature knife out of it's sheeth and cut you like that. You have to be able to hang with him. It's really fun.

In the final part of the fight, on top of that bulding, with the explosives set to blow the place to peices, his arm is mutaed, and there are tons more ways to dodge and defeat your nemesis. He'll lunge at you with his arm weapon, and you have to be quick to avoid attacks like those. He'll sweep your legs right out from under you, and follow that up with a devastating move in which he'll slam his sharp arm right through your body and into the ground, unless you dodge in time. He'll uppercut slice you with his arm and knock you back off of the floor and you'll catch the ledge, only for him to step on your hands til you knife his leg and hop back up.

It's a really cool intense fight. Of course he didn't actually die there, as he encountered Ada later on in Separate Ways.

The Chris vs Wesker fight had either Sheva in the way, or Sheva and Jill in the way.

You basically had to avoid getting shot up by Jill and hiding around corners waiting for Wesker to say stupid things like, "Ah there you are!" or "You can't hide foreva!" In DC Douglas' fake british accent that he tries to make us believe. Not to mention Sheva was often stupid enough to get made into swiss cheese anyway. And don't get me started on Pro.

The best I got, as far as the Chris/Wesker final fight that I expected, wanted, and deserved from RE5, was during the 2nd fight, when you have to inject Wesker with PG67-AW. I took all of Sheva's weapons away because she kept interfering and shooting at him, making him dodge every second, and replaced all of her 9 slots with First Aids, while I took on Wesker, 1 on 1, mono y mono, with Sheva still kinda getting in the way, but occasionally healing me.

It wasn't the ideal fight, but it was the best I could do.

It still didn't match up to Krauser vs Leon though, the final fight I mean.

I recall a couple of QTE's with Chris and Wesker. If you avoid him dashing towards you, you'll place a hard fist right in the mush. And you could also lay a few punches on him, finishing off with a punch to the face. I also remember one in which Wesker would hold your should and keep you down in a painful submisive position, in which , if you escapte, Chris whips out his knife and uses it. It doesn't happen very often at all, and is quite forgettable because of this. There was a move in the 2nd fight where if you miss the button presses, he'll drive a hand right through your chest, much like Wesker had done to Spencer in LIN.

Overall, they dropped the ball. I can't help but feel as if Sheva is part of the blame.

If you look at the early stuff for RE5, the very first Teaser, and the RE5 Extended Trailer from 07, RE5 looked cool and scary as fuck. Then add in the whole terrorist group; Wesker, Excella, Irving and Jill(Bird Mask disguise), and RE5 seems like such a cool concept. But then you add in Sheva, no, you multiply Sheva by 100 times, and that's what RE5 is. Only a shadow of what it should've been. I'm genuinely and deeply dissaointed.

Back to top Go down
GTMippey
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
GTMippey

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:27 am

Although Chris vs Wesker was definately the more interesting rivallry, I'd have to go with Leon vs Krauser in terms of how it was played out simply because it wasn't overdone. I felt like ending the fight in the stealth bomber would have been perfect. There was a 5 minute timer on the missiles, high altitude, it really felt like it was going to be the final fight and then out of nowhere a volcano appears? It kind of killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:12 am

honestly i enjoyed more the fight with krauser and leon
then the fight with wesker and chris in resident evil 5
and its not because i am a krauser fan,i really enjoyed
the knife figth they had previously and the final battle was
also tons of fun,i really liked to fight krauser with the knife and
doing all of those cool qtes
the battle with wesker in resident evil 5,was also pretty good
the first part is really good,but when wesker mutated
things kinda got slightly less enjoyfull

even too i can admit obviously that the feud between is 10x more epic
then the feud between leon and krauser
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:

Yea agree Kennedy Krauser was more fun, only if the game had a bit better graphics (cs knife fight needs a bit more tuned motion blurs and stuff), I played it on the crappy controls of RE4, but still enjoyed all of it. In RE 5 i think Chris/Jill fight was better then fight with Wesker. (though wesker fight was awesome 2)
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
chrisredfielmusculo wrote:

Yea agree Kennedy Krauser was more fun, only if the game had a bit better graphics (cs knife fight needs a bit more tuned motion blurs and stuff), I played it on the crappy controls of RE4, but still enjoyed all of it. In RE 5 i think Chris/Jill fight was better then fight with Wesker. (though wesker fight was awesome 2)

i liked the chris/jill fight,it took a long ass time
to remove that thing of her chest trough(it might be because my pc
is very weak and freezes a lot, the qtes usually payed the price of having a retarded pc)

honestly i taught the wesker fight had a lot of potentional ,but the
the last part of the fight(lets ignore that they are inside a volcano) was kinda of weak
compared to the first part,in regards to krauser,i think that he could still have made a
nice villain if they didnt kill him,in the first knife fight they had,if ada hadnt showed up
he would have killed leon

i also think that wesker was just playing around with chris,he could have killed him
if he really wanted,but he made the huge mistake of not taking the fight as seriously as she should have
and it costed him his life,by the part when he mutated he was a lot slower and was an easier target......

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 am

Spike Valentine wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

I understand. But there's no denying that Sheva got in the way of an awesome fued.
I can't really deny something that I don't see. I, personally, don't see her getting in the way. I liked the whole picture. I can understand why you didn't but this is just how I feel about it.

Spike Valentine wrote:
I think you guys aren't quite getting what I'm suggesting here though...

I'm not talking about the fueds in general, or the build up behind either of them, but the fights we had that were to conclude these awesome fueds.
Yet I still stand by my previous point. I didn't like the fight with Krauser as much as I liked the fight with Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 pm

GTMippey wrote:
Although Chris vs Wesker was definately the more interesting rivallry, I'd have to go with Leon vs Krauser in terms of how it was played out simply because it wasn't overdone. I felt like ending the fight in the stealth bomber would have been perfect. There was a 5 minute timer on the missiles, high altitude, it really felt like it was going to be the final fight and then out of nowhere a volcano appears? It kind of killed it for me.

Yeah I didn't really like the volcano that much either. They were trying too hard to make RE5 the best game, but failed. I think the final fight should of been on the Stealth Bomber, but with expanded room and space because in the cutscene, the room looked pretty small to fight in. I also think wesker shouldn't have mutated. It kinda threw off his "Epicness" but whatever.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I can't really deny something that I don't see. I, personally, don't see her getting in the way. I liked the whole picture. I can understand why you didn't but this is just how I feel about it.

Oh this game? Sheva-lover.

So you agree with Sheva as Chris' partner, having such a major role in the game(unlike any previous new character in RE history), forcing the game in co-op(which takes away from horror(which RE is supposed to have)), being part of the Chris/Wesker fued that has been around since RE1 and CVX(Well before she was even a thought), and her taking a hand in the actual final act of killing Wesker off? Fair enough, that makes sense.

I was just personally dissapointed because I always thought the Chris/Wesker fued would end with Chris and Wesker, and not Chris/Sheva/Wesker. I would've even been okay with Jill being a part of the shennanigans in the end, but I find Sheva undeserving.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

So you agree with Sheva as Chris' partner, having such a major role in the game(unlike any previous new character in RE history), forcing the game in co-op(which takes away from horror(which RE is supposed to have)), being part of the Chris/Wesker fued that has been around since RE1 and CVX(Well before she was even a thought), and her taking a hand in the actual final act of killing Wesker off? Fair enough, that makes sense.
What game? I am only voicing my opinions. Also, I'm not a "Sheva-lover", she isn't even near the top of my list of favorite characters. I just don't mind her and I don't have any hateful feelings towards her.

Again, I can't agree with something I don't see. I liked the co-op, RE has new characters introduced in basically every single title so that was nothing new, I don't really care who killed Wesker and I never saw Resident Evil as being specifically focused on horror.

Point is, I see things my way, not your way. Different people have different views on things.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

What game? I am only voicing my opinions. Also, I'm not a "Sheva-lover", she isn't even near the top of my list of favorite characters. I just don't mind her and I don't have any hateful feelings towards her.

Again, I can't agree with something I don't see. I liked the co-op, RE has new characters introduced in basically every single title so that was nothing new, I don't really care who killed Wesker and I never saw Resident Evil as being specifically focused on horror.

Point is, I see things my way, not your way. Different people have different views on things.
I love the co-op in RE5 - it's really fun when you have a friend to play it with.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I love having cooperative gameplay in RE5, I had wanted it for a long time. I do not like the way it intruded on and butted into the story between Chris and Wesker. And Jill for that matter.

Don't see?

So it's not that you are aware of how Sheva can intrude with RE5's story and don't mind it, but are ignorant as to how she does, and are not choosing to like her character's role in the game despite this? Because you can't see it?

And yes, characters are introduced all the time, in at least every single new game, but none forced their way onto the scene in the same manner Sheva did. Fact.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:09 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
So it's not that you are aware of how Sheva can intrude with RE5's story and don't mind it, but are ignorant as to how she does, and are not choosing to like her character's role in the game despite this? Because you can't see it?
Because I don't see her as an "intruder to the story". What is there so hard to understand in this? I see Resident Evil 5 as a video game with its own story and characters. I don't really start looking for a deeper meaning in something like a new character being part of Chris and Wesker's final game together. She's just a character, a programmed figure, appearing in a piece of fiction. I would be more serious about her part if this was something like a piece of actual history.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:22 am

What about that final fight with Jake/Sherry vs. Ustanak. The battle made me fell like a total B.A. and the Krauser fight in 4 pales in comparison. Although, the Chris/Sheva vs Wesker battle did last a looooong time (almost 2 whole chapters), I still felt that fighting a really friggen big BOW at hand-to-hand and then finish it off with the .500 caliber revolver felt so much more awesome than the wesker battle.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Because I don't see her as an "intruder to the story".
Same here.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Because I don't see her as an "intruder to the story". What is there so hard to understand in this? I see Resident Evil 5 as a video game with its own story and characters. I don't really start looking for a deeper meaning in something like a new character being part of Chris and Wesker's final game together. She's just a character, a programmed figure, appearing in a piece of fiction. I would be more serious about her part if this was something like a piece of actual history.

When you claim that you can't agree with something you can't see, it gives the impression that you are unable to comprehend the way in which Sheva butts in on the story, rather than you feeling like she doesn't. I was just clarifying.

And good, cuz there is no deeper meaning behind a new character like Sheva being a part of the final battle between two rivals and veterans of the series, Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker. She's just there, tagging along for the ride. Chris was about to leave her ass back before the Marshlands, but she practically begged to stick around, almost as if she didn't have anything better to do.

And it is a part of history, RE's history. RE is indeed a work of fiction, made for our entertainment, and clearly it has brought us all here. However I am not entertained or amused with how Sheva fits into RE5's story, and although I can accept her as Chris' temporary new partner, even if there was no real depth in their partnership, I will not accept the poor attempt at having her included in a fight that she had no business being in.

I can't think of a single person that was actually satisfied with RE5's ending, and how Wesker was eventually killed, covered in Uroboros, standing in lava, in a volcano, with a couple of RPGs, one of which Sheva was given the right to use. WTH?

And you are an admin on an RE forum, with over 9K posts, clearly you take it relatively serious. So don't attempt to hide behind, “Oh it's just a fictional game.”. We all care about the story, and I care when Capcom does something lame, like how they finished off Chris vs Wesker. Especially when stupid reasons are behind it, i.e. racism claims for instance.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Sheva shouldn't have taken apart of Resident Evil 5? She had no relevance? I don't like her as much as I do other characters, but she was probably more important to Resident Evil 5 than Leon was for Resident Evil 6. For the first three chapters of that game you're not really doing anything as Leon since Helena is keeping her trap shut about what the big deal is.

I also do feel that Resident Evil 5 should have been a single player, and I've explained myself in extensive detail why I believe this, but Chris leaving her was unprofessional on his part. They just faced a giant, their entire team had been murdered, including the driver, and without Chris, she could have died out there all alone with no backup. Chris was watching out for her as much as she was watching out for Chris. They really did pull focus on the whole "partner" thing, as the word partner was used in nearly every single cutscene, but nevertheless, Sheva played a key role in Resident Evil 5 as Chris' partner. And at least Sheva helped fight Wesker, in the last battle between Jake and Ustanak, you know what Sherry does? She pulls levers. In one of the last fights between Leon and Simmons, Helena takes pot shots and kills zombies. Simmons barely meant anything to Leon, and Ustanak didn't even speak so how could Jake hold a grudge? Yet they were "rivals." It just seems that Chris knows how to work with his partners, the fact that they were temporary partners is just fine. The fact that she took apart of Resident Evil history by helping defeat the legendary bad guy is A-Okay, I don't mind that. I really don't know why you're so worked up about it, either.

Okay, be honest, if you were running a big time company, and you were being accused of racism, wouldn't you want to at least defer that? Capcom did explain, they didn't see how it was racist, and how could they? They don't even care about racism! They're Japanese! They never had black slaves to my knowledge. They don't see how a white guy killing monsters who happen to be black is racist, they just see some guy killing monsters who use to be guys. But if your company is being accused of something like that, you would do the same thing, because it could hurt your sales. It remains to be the top selling Resident Evil titles.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Mercy wrote:
Sheva shouldn't have taken apart of Resident Evil 5? She had no relevance? I don't like her as much as I do other characters, but she was probably more important to Resident Evil 5 than Leon was for Resident Evil 6. For the first three chapters of that game you're not really doing anything as Leon since Helena is keeping her trap shut about what the big deal is.

I also do feel that Resident Evil 5 should have been a single player, and I've explained myself in extensive detail why I believe this, but Chris leaving her was unprofessional on his part. They just faced a giant, their entire team had been murdered, including the driver, and without Chris, she could have died out there all alone with no backup. Chris was watching out for her as much as she was watching out for Chris. They really did pull focus on the whole "partner" thing, as the word partner was used in nearly every single cutscene, but nevertheless, Sheva played a key role in Resident Evil 5 as Chris' partner. And at least Sheva helped fight Wesker, in the last battle between Jake and Ustanak, you know what Sherry does? She pulls levers. In one of the last fights between Leon and Simmons, Helena takes pot shots and kills zombies. Simmons barely meant anything to Leon, and Ustanak didn't even speak so how could Jake hold a grudge? Yet they were "rivals." It just seems that Chris knows how to work with his partners, the fact that they were temporary partners is just fine. The fact that she took apart of Resident Evil history by helping defeat the legendary bad guy is A-Okay, I don't mind that. I really don't know why you're so worked up about it, either.

Okay, be honest, if you were running a big time company, and you were being accused of racism, wouldn't you want to at least defer that? Capcom did explain, they didn't see how it was racist, and how could they? They don't even care about racism! They're Japanese! They never had black slaves to my knowledge. They don't see how a white guy killing monsters who happen to be black is racist, they just see some guy killing monsters who use to be guys. But if your company is being accused of something like that, you would do the same thing, because it could hurt your sales. It remains to be the top selling Resident Evil titles.

I don't know what those questions at the top of your post are for, but I certainly never said Sheva shouldn't be in RE5. She should be, but she shouldn't have intruded on a fight that had zero to do with her.

I'm not worked up, I'm totally chill. I didn't get the final fight I wanted and had waited on for years, and it's because of one thing.

And as far as the racism claims go, there you go. Capcom is Japanese, and not a single person, other than the imbecile who initially made the claims, actually thought Capcom or RE5 was racist. So any changes to the product were really unnecessary, as all the people that bought RE5 would've still bought it.

And let's face it, stuff like somebody claiming RE5 is racist, or a Hot Coffee mod in San Andreas sells. Capcom should've been smart about it and capitilized on the free attention and advertising, instead of shying away and being a bunch of Puss In Boots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was this fight so much better?   Was this fight so much better? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was this fight so much better?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next