Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Chris' Favourite Partner

Go down 
+6
will1234562
Teh Black Cat
00biohazard
37 Narwhals
Industrial Ridden
MSR
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Best BSAA Partners?
Chris and Jessica(Revalations)
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris and Jill(LIN)
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 10 ]
Chris and Sheva(RE5)
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Chris and Piers(RE6)
Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Mercy wrote:
I felt like things were more planned out in general. In Resident Evil 4 Ashley just happened to always get captured, like if there was nothing better to do, half the time in Resident Evil 5 I had no idea what Chris' incentive was to be there. They both had lots of plot holes that were never answered. Everything was explained clearly.

Chris' incentive was to track down Irving. And obviously Jill probably being his secondary motive, he possibly even thought that Irving would lead to Jill. Then eventually he learned of Wesker's involvment.

In RER, I can almost see some of that anime in the style. Not really sure how to explain it. There are plenty of nods to earlier RE too. Like when Jill pulls out that handgun, a nod to Joseph in RE1. Did I mention that I thought Jack Norman sounded a bit like Vegeta to me at one point? Though I don't know if Chist Sabbot voiced him. It's kind of hard to track down who voices who nowadays, since Capcom keeps being douches and neglects to put it in their credits. All they have are the Japanese VA's, which don't mean shit, as we never hear them.

I've also pointed out the MGS similarities in RER. O'Brian, in the role he was in, and being in contact with Chris and Jill throughout their mission, that's like Campbell and Snake right there. I really enjoyed that. Also, the ways in which he had to withhold information from the BSAA Operative, so that he could do what he felt needed to be done, only for the Operative later to figure it out. I thought that was a funny little nod to MGS as well.

RER has plenty of twists and turns, and a nice dark style. I can't wait til it's on console.

I do hope they anty up with the extras however. It'd be a shame not to have a Cutscene Browswer. It's pretty much standard at this point. The Outbreaks, RE4, RE5, DSC, RE6. It'd be a shame if it ended up just being a plain port. Like REmake and RE0 were with the Wii's Archives collection games.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:49 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:
I thought that was a funny little nod to MGS as well.
I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. They wouldn't make nods to games made by one of their biggest rivals in gaming industry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 am

Mercy wrote:
In Resident Evil 4 Ashley just happened to always get captured,
I'm pretty sure the reason for that was so that you weren't constantly with Ashley. The story kind of favored the gameplay. As for the problems with RE5's plot, I actually have none.

Another factoid: the guy behind the music for Death Note was also in charge for the music in DSC. Probably why DSC has one of the best soundtracks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:53 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. They wouldn't make nods to games made by one of their biggest rivals in gaming industry.

Oh no? Then why did Paul Eiding(Colonel Roy Campbel from the MGS series) voice Clive O'Brian?

The character and role similarities plus the same VA? That'd be some coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

Oh no? Then why did Paul Eiding(Colonel Roy Campbel from the MGS series) voice Clive O'Brian?
Because voice actors are just people for hire? They are not tied to a single series or company unless their contract says so.

The role similarity isn't that big of a deal since some voice actors tend to audition for similar roles.

Point is, they wouldn't use a major plot point as a vague reference to a game from their competition. Only rarely do companies cross reference each other and almost always it's a parody.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:53 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

Because voice actors are just people for hire? They are not tied to a single series or company unless their contract says so.

The role similarity isn't that big of a deal since some voice actors tend to audition for similar roles.

Point is, they wouldn't use a major plot point as a vague reference to a game from their competition. Only rarely do companies cross reference each other and almost always it's a parody.

It's a small world Mass, but not that small.

Paul Eiding is best known for Campbell from MGS. That alone doesn't mean Capcom is trying to make a nod to that, but the fact that the character is so similar, plus the VA, it's obvious they probably took inspiration from the Colonel.

They took inspiration from Black Hawk Down for RE5.

In fact, every pretty much takes inspiration from something. Life imitating art, imitating life. What is really original anyway? I'd be willing to bet my left arm that they had Roy Campbell in mind when writing O'Brian's role, and selecting Eiding for his voice. Not that it matters, just pointing out the crystal clear similaries that I thought were cool.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:17 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

Paul Eiding is best known for Campbell from MGS. That alone doesn't mean Capcom is trying to make a nod to that, but the fact that the character is so similar, plus the VA, it's obvious they probably took inspiration from the Colonel.

In fact, every pretty much takes inspiration from something. Life imitating art, imitating life. What is really original anyway? I'd be willing to bet my left arm that they had Roy Campbell in mind when writing O'Brian's role, and selecting Eiding for his voice. Not that it matters, just pointing out the crystal clear similaries that I thought were cool.
Video game voice actor do tend to stick with being voice actors Razz World might be small but the video game industry is even smaller.

Black Hawk Down is not a game. Movie/television references aren't uncommon in any kind of popular media for some reason.

They definitely might have chosen the guy to do the role because of his previous experience on a similar role but honestly, they don't shoehorn roles to fit a specific VA. What if he had suddenly stepped out of the role for one reason or the other? If it was an actual quote or something that would refer directly to MGS I would see this being one huge reference but just being a radio operative withholding information is just way too vague.

I'm not saying the roles aren't similar, I'm just saying it's not a reference.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

Video game voice actor do tend to stick with being voice actors Razz World might be small but the video game industry is even smaller.

Black Hawk Down is not a game. Movie/television references aren't uncommon in any kind of popular media for some reason.

They definitely might have chosen the guy to do the role because of his previous experience on a similar role but honestly, they don't shoehorn roles to fit a specific VA. What if he had suddenly stepped out of the role for one reason or the other? If it was an actual quote or something that would refer directly to MGS I would see this being one huge reference but just being a radio operative withholding information is just way too vague.

I'm not saying the roles aren't similar, I'm just saying it's not a reference.

I'm not saying it's a referrence either. I'm saying that they must've taken inspiration from Campbell in MGS for O'Brian.

Just like obviously Wesker took some sort of inspriation from The Matrix, and Jill recently seems to have taken a certain bit of inspiration from Sarah Connor, among others.

And I know Black Hawk Down isn't a game, I was using it as an example of Capcom taking inspiration from something different, but for there game. Much like I'm suggesting for O'Brian.

And even if Eiding didn't voice O'Brian, which If's don't matter, because he did, but if he didn't, they probably would've had someone try to sound like him. I mean, Capcom is pretty picky about their voices in RE. They know what they want their characters to sound like, they don't just bring it some guy and tell him to sound like himself. Anybody that voices Jill, while may sound different because it's a different person, will sound basically the same. In the case of Eiding, he did his voice pretty much exactly like he did in MGS as Campbell. That's probably just his voice, but he could've done it different, but Capcom must've wanted the Campbell voice for the character that played a similar role to him.

I reiterate, I'm not saying they are making a referrence to MGS, it could be a nod, but obviously it's a character(O'Brian) that took inspiration from an MGS character. Capcom wanted that type of character in RER, and went to the guy that voiced that type of character in MGS. And withholding info was something Campbell was notrious for. Not to mention the role he plays in relation to the operatives is basically the same too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris' Favourite Partner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2