Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Chris' Favourite Partner

Go down 
+6
will1234562
Teh Black Cat
00biohazard
37 Narwhals
Industrial Ridden
MSR
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best BSAA Partners?
Chris and Jessica(Revalations)
Chris' Favourite Partner Vote_lcap0%Chris' Favourite Partner Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris and Jill(LIN)
Chris' Favourite Partner Vote_lcap67%Chris' Favourite Partner Vote_rcap
 67% [ 10 ]
Chris and Sheva(RE5)
Chris' Favourite Partner Vote_lcap13%Chris' Favourite Partner Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Chris and Piers(RE6)
Chris' Favourite Partner Vote_lcap20%Chris' Favourite Partner Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Chris' Favourite Partner Empty
PostSubject: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Okay, since the BSAA was introduced back in RE5, we've seen Chris teamed up with a few different BSAA Operatives. Jessica Shewart in RER, Jill Valentine in LIN, Sheva in RE5, and Piers Nivens in RE6. Which team-up did you enjoy most?

Chris and Jessica teamed up in Europe, finding a Veltro crescent and leading them eventually to the Queen Zenobia in search of Jill and Parker. Chris and Jessica's partnership isn't exactly the closest. Most of the time Jessica complains about walking too much, and the cold, and is constantly getting off-topic, comparing herself to Chris' longtime Partner, Jill. She even seems jealous, and tends to try and flirt with Chris, but he never gets the hint. I actually found the interaction between Chris and Jessica's sweet ass to be pretty entertaining. "You should've worn your thermal underwear"-Chris

A year or so after that, Chris teamed up with his longtime partner and friend(possibly more...) Jill Valentine in 2006 in the Lost In Nightmare's DLC for RE5. Chris and Jill had to explore Spencer's European Estate, in search of the mysterious recluse, head of Umbrella, and one of the 3 finders of the Progenitor Virus in Africa, Ozwell E. Spencer. The two partners have known earchother for at least nearly a decade, and their experience together is unmatched. They were both founding members of the BSAA. Redfield and Valentine have honed their bodies at this point, and are very prepared to fight any type of BOWs. Chris with his muslcles, and Jill with her obvious martial arts knowledge and sexy bod, make a great team for sure. "What is it with his guy and cranks?"-Chris

A few years later, after the death of his close partner Jill, he recieved some intel and headed to Africa. There he teamed up with BSAA Operative, Sheva Alomar. Chris and Sheva had a very optimistic friendship, although Chris was distant, hiding possibly the ultimate reason he was in Africa, to search for Jill. The two worked their way through Africa, searching for Black Market dealer, Ricardo Irving, and it all lead to a final fight with Chris' nemesis, Albert Wesker. Chris and Sheva used a couple of RPG's to to finish off Wesker, in a volcano. Chris and Sheva, they were partners, no more, no less. "I'm no superhero"-Chris

A couple more years after this, with no mention of Jessica or Jill, Chris is found in Europe, once again, wasting away in a bar, by his old teammate, Piercs Nivens. Chris and Piers were both male partners, unlike the previously seen female teammates, and tended to bump head. I actually saw a lot of younger Chris in Piers. Piers, throughout their experience in China, was constantly having to keep Chris in line, but there's no doubt that they made a fine team. In the end, a sacrifice was made on behalf of Chris. It just goes to show how close Chris is with his partners, and that he'll go to any depths of the earth to fight Bio-terrorism. "Cut the chatter"-Chris

So which did you enjoy most?
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Gonna have to go with Chris and Jill. Besides he has a thing with Jill so it's pretty easy, unless he prefers Sheva! Mad
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:40 pm

I like Jill but Chris and Piers had a more interesting partnership. Sheva was the most boring character in the series. I've never played Revelations.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:52 pm

It's hard, but I really dug Chris Piers, due to the comradery between the two. Seemed more real. Not like being in a military squad you have sexy supermodel women as partners. It would be awesome, but I imagine if Chris really existed, in real life it would be more real to have Piers as a partner. IMO
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Gonna have to go with Chris and Jill. Besides he has a thing with Jill so it's pretty easy, unless he prefers Sheva! Mad

Nah, he doesn't prefer Sheva, although RE5 almost made it seem like that. As for Chris and Jill, what thing does he have with her?

00biohazard wrote:
It's hard, but I really dug Chris Piers, due to the comradery between the two. Seemed more real. Not like being in a military squad you have sexy supermodel women as partners. It would be awesome, but I imagine if Chris really existed, in real life it would be more real to have Piers as a partner. IMO

Bros before hoes?

They're partnership was pretty entertaining, as was Chris and Jessica. I chose Chris/Jill, because that's definately a favourite team of mine, but obviously their partnership, while I wouldn't say that it gets stale, but obviously the appeal there is the nostalgia of these two long time partners. Would it be as great if the two of them weren't together in RE1, with Wesker? Maybe not.

I found Chris/Jessica kind of funny, the way she kept annoying Chris with her nagging.

"About Jill..."

"Yeah, what about her? Stay focused".
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 pm

00biohazard wrote:

This.

Although it's really a toss up with Jill. I suppose it's because they've been together longer, but when I really think about it, Chris's and Piers's friendship felt more real to me.

Although I'm still dying for another brother and sister pair up (Claire&Chris).
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:42 am

For me partners have to be equal in experience - Piers is a rookie compared to Chris,while Jill and Chris are more or less equal.
Jill and Chris have proven to be a very effective team,so I'm voting for them.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:20 am

Teh Black Cat wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

This.

Although it's really a toss up with Jill. I suppose it's because they've been together longer, but when I really think about it, Chris's and Piers's friendship felt more real to me.

will1234562 wrote:
For me partners have to be equal in experience - Piers is a rookie compared to Chris,while Jill and Chris are more or less equal.
Jill and Chris have proven to be a very effective team,so I'm voting for them.

Good point.

You see, there are different qualities that make each team enjoyable and unique from the other.

With Chris/Jill, there is obviously the experience, and the nostalgia factor. Just hearing them talking with eachother in LIN was enough to make any classic RE fan smile like a dummy.

Chris: "What is it with this guy and cranks?"

Jill: "He's a man of refined taste"

Chris: "He's obsessed, that's what he is..."

Then, there is also a little bit of shipping between the two. Obviously Capcom hasn't given us anything concrete, but a lot of RE fans think there is something romantic between the two, and I think that it could be a possibility. Not sure though. But it's something that Chris/Piers can't touch, unless you're yaoi fan. Razz
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:48 am

SpikeCloud wrote:

Then, there is also a little bit of shipping between the two. Obviously Capcom hasn't given us anything concrete, but a lot of RE fans think there is something romantic between the two, and I think that it could be a possibility.
I've read that in RER there are lots of hints,more than the usual.
SpikeCloud wrote:

unless you're yaoi fan. Razz
Very good point Laughing .There was yaoi fan art of Chris and Piers even before RE6 came out lol! .
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:57 am

will1234562 wrote:
I've read that in RER there are lots of hints,more than the usual.

A little. I mean, they have to tease that a little bit huh? Otherwise, it'd get boring. Razz

There actually is some Chris/Jill interaction in RER, which is nice.

And Chris being seemingly and completely uninterested in Jessica, who was always flirting with him.

Jessica: "Pfft, he never go the hint. What a drag"

Parker: "Maybe he's already taken, Jessica."

In that same scene, Jill was smiling at Chris.

I also should remind everyone of Chris and Jill towards the end of RE5, reuniting, after Jill was all cat-like and opened up a can of whup-ass on Chris. Although that scene was interupted by Sheva.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:30 am

SpikeCloud wrote:

I'm starting to think that Chris was trolling Jessica Laughing ,ignoring her on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:10 am

This is a tough one... I'll have to skip Chris/Jill since I liked them more as STARS teammates rather than the BSAA partnership they now have. I liked Jessica as a character but as a partner she was kinda just there, with her sweet ass no less. RE6 was so God damn hectic that I didn't really pay attention to Piers other than the cutscenes, though those were pretty great. That only leaves Sheva, whom I liked, but it's a really tough call between her and Piers... Still, I think I'll go with Sheva since I prefer RE5 to RE6.

SpikeCloud wrote:
Chris teamed up with his longtime partner and friend(possibly more...) Jill Valentine
Possibly not, since the developers already released a statement of there not being anything between them aside from partnership.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:37 am

You have to remember, the writer of Revelations also wrote Eureka Seven and Cowboy Bebop, so I'm just going to assume there would be a little more romance in the game than usual. But just because hints were dropped doesn't mean Chris and Jill are together.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm

will1234562 wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

I'm starting to think that Chris was trolling Jessica Laughing ,ignoring her on purpose.

Maybe. I get the impression he didn't really care for her. She's not exactly the most likable character, other than in her annoying questions and stuff. Razz

SPOILERS from RER, read at your own discretion.

Spoiler:

Mass Distraction wrote:
This is a tough one... I'll have to skip Chris/Jill since I liked them more as STARS teammates rather than the BSAA partnership they now have. I liked Jessica as a character but as a partner she was kinda just there, with her sweet ass no less. RE6 was so God damn hectic that I didn't really pay attention to Piers other than the cutscenes, though those were pretty great. That only leaves Sheva, whom I liked, but it's a really tough call between her and Piers... Still, I think I'll go with Sheva since I prefer RE5 to RE6.

I knew you were going to do that Mass. Rolling Eyes

Quote :
Possibly not, since the developers already released a statement of there not being anything between them aside from partnership.

Where?

And I'm not saying they were friends with benefits by the time of RE5 or anything, just that there is obviously a bond between those two, different from that of Chris and (Jessica, Piers and Sheva), but clearly there is room for something to develop. I'm sure in this supposed statement that you refer to, they didn't there there won't ever be anything between the two, only that at the current time there isn't.

I'm not shipping Chris/Jill, just saying that there is that possibility. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time Capcom has decieved us fans with false info. They like to let us assume, squirm and imagine, only to do the exact opposite sometimes.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:

SPOILERS from RER, read at your own discretion.

Spoiler:

Too late - I already managed to spoil myself months ago (facepalm).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:31 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
I knew you were going to do that Mass. Rolling Eyes

Quote :

Where?

And I'm not saying they were friends with benefits by the time of RE5 or anything, just that there is obviously a bond between those two, different from that of Chris and (Jessica, Piers and Sheva), but clearly there is room for something to develop. I'm sure in this supposed statement that you refer to, they didn't there there won't ever be anything between the two, only that at the current time there isn't.

I honestly thought about it for a while. That just felt the best solution to me, personally.

I really don't remember where, it might've been on a panel or something. Try looking it up on google, it must be floating around the internet somewhere. You are right though, they didn't mention what future might hold for these characters. It only dates to the events of RE6.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 am

Its was really tough to choose between Piers and Jill, simply cs Chris and Piers made a real good team and Pierse did really a lot for Chris, even sacrificed his life, but Chris and Jill will always be top partners of the game !!!
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:14 am

I almost wish Claire was on there, but whatevs.

I definitely pick Jill. They're both best friends. In fact they're about as close as friends can get. They've made it through some terrible things with each other.

Sheva and Piers were pretty good partners though. Didn't much care for Jessica.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
I almost wish Claire was on there, but whatevs.

I definitely pick Jill. They're both best friends. In fact they're about as close as friends can get. They've made it through some terrible things with each other.

I would've put Claire, but it's only Chris' BSAA Partners, and Claire is in TerraSave.

RaviorStygian wrote:
Sheva and Piers were pretty good partners though.

Sheva and Piers were never partners... Razz

RaviorStygian wrote:
Didn't much care for Jessica.

Didn't like her sweet ass?

@Mass, that's ok. I'll just keep that they have something going on. Even if just close friendship. You don't even have a quote? Tisk, tisk.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Mercy wrote:
the writer of Revelations also wrote Eureka Seven
Which just blows my mind in how awesome that is.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Hmmm, can you tell that they wrote it? I mean, sure we know that they did, but I wonder where it really shows in RER's story and plot? How it differs from being written by Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Because Capcom can't write Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Mercy wrote:
Because Capcom can't write Resident Evil.

I'm being serious, like chrisredfield84 serious.

I was wondering what aspects of RER's story, reflect the writing and ideas of the writers that wrote for awesome shows like Bebop and Eureka7.

And I also wonder why Capcom chose them for this game, for RER, of all games. Why this one, why now? It's just interesting.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm

I felt like things were more planned out in general. In Resident Evil 4 Ashley just happened to always get captured, like if there was nothing better to do, half the time in Resident Evil 5 I had no idea what Chris' incentive was to be there. They both had lots of plot holes that were never answered. Everything was explained clearly.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:26 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:
@Mass, that's ok. I'll just keep that they have something going on. Even if just close friendship. You don't even have a quote? Tisk, tisk.
I'm sure I have posted a quote here somewhere at some point. I only remember that it was a translation and it's really a hassle to find, especially when I'd have to go through all kinds of interview videos and try to find translations for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris' Favourite Partner   Chris' Favourite Partner Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris' Favourite Partner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next