HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Villains you're glad you'll never see again

Go down 
+18
RebelliousQueen
VortexPrime
Nobudy
Teh Black Cat
chrisredfield84
Paperface*
White Rock
NiteKrawler
Outbreakgirl
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
chocotricks
Vandal
Bub537
RaviorStygian
Spike991
Trichos
will1234562
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Carla Radames reminds me of Jihl Nabaat. It's sorta rare for girl characters to be an antagonist in a game. And when they do, they get disposed of in a jiffy.

Carla had this pure "cruelty" in her that i would've liked to see more.. You spent half of Chris' campaign trying to pursue and defeat her. But when you eventually get there. She gets to be killed of by someone else.. Same as Jihl Nabaat. She gets killed of by a simple ruin spell(It's a waste cause she had potential)..

I'm glad Weskers gone though
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 am

Guess Nite's not going to answer the Krauser questions. Evil or Very Mad

Wellll....Alexia is another female character that was cruel and stuff. Although I guess it isn't really that common.

I didn't really like Carla just because of the whole Clone thing. She had a damn cool mutation though, even if the actual boss fight sux.

I'm glad Al's gone too. And I'm equally glad to have Jake. I think they can do plenty more with his character.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:02 pm

No. I don't like RE4's Krauser. He is boring in it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
No. I don't like RE4's Krauser. He is boring in it.

WHAT? He was fine in RE4, especiallly after his DSC role. You could then have some backstory behind the Leon/Krauser fued that showed in RE4.

I still don't see how he is boring. He had his uniqueness ever since you first saw him, throwing up his knife in the air and talking shit to Ada.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:57 pm

He was a cliche guerrilla enforcer. He may as well have been the simple leader of a band of thugs. He had no engaging dialogue, no unique quirk, nothing. He was boring. It would be like if they took the Joker, took his make up off, his suit off, and never let him laugh. The joker is a great character, but only because of his combined uniqueness. Krauser had no uniqueness in RE4. He. Was. Boring.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:00 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
He was a cliche guerrilla enforcer.

Wat? He was a virus infected freak and was a much better host that the virus adapted compared to other weak hosts as the villagers. He was the next step in evolution.Wats cliche about it?

NiteKrawler wrote:
He had no engaging dialogue.

Are you kidding me?

Karuser: I used her to buy saddler's trust. Like you, I am american.

Krauser: If it ain't the bitch in the red dress?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
He was a cliche guerrilla enforcer. He may as well have been the simple leader of a band of thugs. He had no engaging dialogue, no unique quirk, nothing. He was boring.

Okay, I guess I can agree with some of that there. But he still wasn't boring. I mean, the scars, the knife skills, the personality. He was a nice character to have in RE4. Maybe not a long term character, but I think we can all appreciate his role in that game. All except Knight Crawler.

NiteKrawler wrote:
It would be like if they took the Joker, took his make up off, his suit off, and never let him laugh. The joker is a great character, but only because of his combined uniqueness. Krauser had no uniqueness in RE4. He. Was. Boring.

Guess Ledger already did that in TDK huh?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:09 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Are you kidding me?

That horrible QTE fest is enough for me to hurl. I didn't really care for Krauser's character nor did I like that stupid fight. If it had been just a regular cutscene, like it should have, it would've been more interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:18 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
That horrible QTE fest is enough for me to hurl. I didn't really care for Krauser's character nor did I like that stupid fight. If it had been just a regular cutscene, like it should have, it would've been more interesting.

Come on now Mass, quit being butt-hurt that you can't press the buttons fast enough. Rolling Eyes

Well, the only problem I had with that QTE part, was having to watch and listen to that same part of the cutscene, over, and over, and over, and over, until I finally got to the checkpoint when Leon and Jack flip off of the uppper area. Krauser was a pretty sneaky bastard with his attacks in that cutscene battle. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:03 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Come on now Mass, quit being butt-hurt that you can't press the buttons fast enough. Rolling Eyes
I just hate it when my perfectly good moment to sip from my drink is ruined by an "interactive cutscene". That's bullshit and they have multiplied to ridiculous numbers when we got to RE6.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I just hate it when my perfectly good moment to sip from my drink is ruined by an "interactive cutscene". That's bullshit and they have multiplied to ridiculous numbers when we got to RE6.
Exactly. There is a difference between a decently placed QTE (the perfect example for that being the boulder those ganados pushed off fairly in the beginning of RE4) within the context of continued gaming (to which you can react with an alerted mind) and a QTE within a cutscene (which either ruins the cutscene, because you can't enjoy the content of it, or the gamign experience, because you die a sudden death).
Generally: if the scene you want to create is supposed to have any kind of cinematographic story-telling quality, including a QTE should pretty much be a taboo.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:25 am

Trichos wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Exactly. There is a difference between a decently placed QTE (the perfect example for that being the boulder those ganados pushed off fairly in the beginning of RE4) within the context of continued gaming (to which you can react with an alerted mind) and a QTE within a cutscene (which either ruins the cutscene, because you can't enjoy the content of it, or the gamign experience, because you die a sudden death).
Generally: if the scene you want to create is supposed to have any kind of cinematographic story-telling quality, including a QTE should pretty much be a taboo.
For someone playing the game for the first time without the knowledge of what's going to happen it's like "Here, have a moment of peace and watch this... YOU'RE DEAD!" and there you just sit wondering what the hell just happened.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
That's bullshit and they have multiplied to ridiculous numbers when we got to RE6.

I would accept QTE's anytime over narrating story elements while involved in combat with fucking zombies and j'avos mutating around you. I mean:
Spoiler:

Atleast when responding to a QTE, they don't narrate the story. Narrating story in the middle of combat is jus too distracting to listen to. May be if we had good acoustics with head phones or surround sound, we would be able to make stuff out.

That cut-scene of krauser was nothing compared to QTE sequence in final krauser fight on PRO. Ofcourse , there is a way to avoid getting into QTE with him but on the first try, that QTE sequence made me drop my controller.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:46 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
That's bullshit and they have multiplied to ridiculous numbers when we got to RE6.

I would accept QTE's anytime over narrating story elements while involved in combat with fucking zombies and j'avos mutating around you.
I would just preferably get rid of both. I do hate QTEs with a passion, though, so they're my top wish to get rid of in games.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Aw man, don't sweat it. You can drink your Danimals after the cutscene Mass. I'll admit they are inconvienant at times, but they aren't so bad. Although RE6 did really take a liking to the QTE's...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:53 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Aw man, don't sweat it. You can drink your Danimals after the cutscene Mass. I'll admit they are inconvienant at times, but they aren't so bad. Although RE6 did really take a liking to the QTE's...
Actually, it's probably the worst part of Resident Evil 6, they're loud, they take up half of the bottom screen, you can't focus on anything else, did they have to make that blue wave blow up? QTE's troll my life, the only time I actually ever liked them this generation were in Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 am

Every time I "kill" a villain in RE, I always assume they're not actually dead. So basically all of them... when they actually die that is.

However I felt like Wesker ran his course. Not sorry he's gone, but I still did enjoy him as RE's main villain.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:58 pm

chrisredfield84 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
He was a cliche guerrilla enforcer.

Wat? He was a virus infected freak and was a much better host that the virus adapted compared to other weak hosts as the villagers. He was the next step in evolution.Wats cliche about it?

Well he can stand in line behind the other 3 "virus infected freaks that were much better hosts that the virus adapted compared to other weak hosts as the villagers." 4 if you count Irving. And I do.

chrisredfield84 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Karuser: I used her to buy saddler's trust. Like you, I am american.

Krauser: If it ain't the bitch in the red dress?

Shallow as hell. Not entertaining in the least.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Krauser would punch you in the face if you said that to him in person Nite. Razz

He's a cool character, and unique, honestly, who in the series is like Jack? No one. Maybe Sergei a bit, but that's about it, and they are quite different.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Not many other main characters in the series are as shallow as Jack. So yeah, most others are not. He is unique only in his shallowness.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Not many other main characters in the series are as shallow as Jack. So yeah, most others are not. He is unique only in his shallowness.

Krauser wasn't a main character though.

He wanted power, like Wesker. He had combat experience, and the kind of personality that made him entertaining to watch, especially in his scenes with Ada. Seeing those two interact, kind of an uncomfortable room to be in, but they were still supposed to be working together. That was pretty entertaining in RE4.

The scars that he has, as well as his past with Leon, those don't make him a shallow character. Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:24 am

Well if you thought he was entertaining, more power to you. He bored the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 5:24 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Well if you thought he was entertaining, more power to you. He bored the crap out of me.

Mmmhmmm....I know you secretly love Krauser Nite. Wink Just like I apparently, secretly, love Sheva. Which I assure you, I don't. Do we have a Character Hate Thread yet?

I've realized that there's actually quite a few really dislikable characters recently.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Yes we do, it's right here.

link
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Ramon Salazar. Dude was an annoying little cu*t.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Villains you're glad you'll never see again   Villains you're glad you'll never see again - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Villains you're glad you'll never see again
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next