HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Video game achievements and confessions

Go down 
+9
NiteKrawler
chrisredfielmusculo
chocotricks
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
RaviorStygian
Spike991
Known_Hero
Mass Distraction
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 pm

I also have a confession I forgot to post in my previous post.

I don't really see the big deal about RE4. I know it is one of the most favored games along with RE2, but I just don't really see how it is THAT good. I prefer RE5 over it any day.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:

I don't really see the big deal about RE4. I know it is one of the most favored games along with RE2, but I just don't really see how it is THAT good. I prefer RE5 over it any day.

Truth.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:04 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:

Truth.

It was obviously just super over-popular for various reason. People thought the aiming was really cool and innovative, same with the boss fights and stuff. And obviously Leon garnered his share of fanboys.

At the same time, RE4 gets tons of hate, to balance out the overpopularness.

I just played RE4 on Pro, and I can say, it's still an amazing game. I can say the same for RE0, RE1, REmake, RE2, RE3, CVX, RE6, etc. But yes, it's definately really fun. I wouldn't consider it my favourite, but I still love the game.

RE5 has a lot more to offer in terms of extras, and the gameplay is a little better, I mean little things, but the overall experience with RE4, I think, was sweeter, than RE5. RE5 was awesome, but had too many things that I hate. And I'm not just talking about Douglas and Sheva.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:21 am

Although Resident Evil 5 has more content, I don't find the replay value as high as Resident Evil 4. I suppose you're right when you say it's sweeter? But again, Resident Evil 5 bares so much of Resident Evil 4, you may as well just play Resident Evil 4.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 am

Mercy wrote:
Resident Evil 5 bares so much of Resident Evil 4, you may as well just play Resident Evil 4.
The controls in RE5's PC version were a lot better than in RE4,though.The lack of mouse in RE4 made aiming rather uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Resident Evil 5 bares so much of Resident Evil 4, you may as well just play Resident Evil 4.
The controls in RE5's PC version were a lot better than in RE4,though.The lack of mouse in RE4 made aiming rather uncomfortable.
I wasn't talking about the controls.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I wasn't talking about the controls.

It really does resemble RE4 in a lot of ways, very unoriginal ways. Now I wouldn't call RE5 a carbon copy of RE4, but you get the idea. BGMs, enemies, etc.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Mercy wrote:
Although Resident Evil 5 has more content, I don't find the replay value as high as Resident Evil 4. I suppose you're right when you say it's sweeter? But again, Resident Evil 5 bares so much of Resident Evil 4, you may as well just play Resident Evil 4.

I liked RE4's multiplayer better than RE5's. Oh wait. That alone makes RE5 more replayable. Not to mention the amazing fun of collecting all the extras, especially weapons.

@Spike: The same can be said of RE2. Very much like RE1. Stop being so biased.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:

I liked RE4's multiplayer better than RE5's. Oh wait. That alone makes RE5 more replayable. Not to mention the amazing fun of collecting all the extras, especially weapons.

@Spike: The same can be said of RE2. Very much like RE1. Stop being so biased.

I said I wouldn't call it a carbon copy.

I think most of the unoriginal stuff is gameplay-wise. Especially the enemies.

RE4: El Gigante, Ganados, U3, Chainsaw Ganado, JJ, etc.
RE5: Ndesu, Majini, U8, Chainsaw Majini, JJ, etc.

Js. Not that RE2 drastically changed anything from RE1, but it seems more original. Instead of reusing Hunters, we got Lickers. That's just one example. But again, I'm not saying RE5 is an RE4 rip-off at all.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:39 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Personally. I meant to say I personally find it to have more replay value for me, personally. It just seems so much more polished.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Mercy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Personally. I meant to say I personally find it to have more replay value for me, personally. It just seems so much more polished.

Polished?

I find RE4's story mode more fun to play through than RE5's excluding co-op, but RE5 definately wins in the Extras and replay value department.

Mercs, LIN, DE, Mercs Reunion, the figures, unlockable costumes, and yes, co-op. If I were going to be stuck in the middle of nowhere and I could only take 1 RE game with me, it'd be RE5 Gold Edition.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 am

Spike Reaver wrote:

Js. Not that RE2 drastically changed anything from RE1, but it seems more original. Instead of reusing Hunters, we got Lickers. That's just one example. But again, I'm not saying RE5 is an RE4 rip-off at all.
To be fair, U3 and U8 (both the creatures and the battles) were nowhere like each other. I guess they go to the same category as, like you mentioned, Hunters being replaced by Lickers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

To be fair, U3 and U8 (both the creatures and the battles) were nowhere like each other. I guess they go to the same category as, like you mentioned, Hunters being replaced by Lickers.

Perhaps they weren't very similar, but obviously Capcom decided to make it a line of BOWs, the U line, which puts them in a similar category anyway.

Just like all Hunters seem to differ from one another, Alpha vs Gamma, but not as drastic as U3/U8 of course.

Even still, the rest hold up.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Perhaps they weren't very similar, but obviously Capcom decided to make it a line of BOWs, the U line, which puts them in a similar category anyway.

Just like all Hunters seem to differ from one another, Alpha vs Gamma, but not as drastic as U3/U8 of course.

Even still, the rest hold up.
The rest do hold up and hey, even RE6 had its El Gigante/N'desu (Ogroman), a chainsaw enemy (Ubistvo) and Ganado/Majini (J'avo). The only thing it's missing is a gatling gun wielding maniac.

While the rest were different enough, why do we absolytely need to have a chainsaw enemy in every RE game nowadays? Even Revelations had that thing with a circular saw for a hand, Scagdead.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

While the rest were different enough, why do we absolytely need to have a chainsaw enemy in every RE game nowadays? Even Revelations had that thing with a circular saw for a hand, Scagdead.

I played the demo for the new Devil May Cry and it also had a chainsaw enemy, I guess Capcom just loves chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm

I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THAT!
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The rest do hold up and hey, even RE6 had its El Gigante/N'desu (Ogroman), a chainsaw enemy (Ubistvo) and Ganado/Majini (J'avo). The only thing it's missing is a gatling gun wielding maniac.

I don't remember Ogroman.

But I have noticed how Capcom keeps making chainsaw enemies, in every single RE game. Honestly, I'm fed up with them now. It was cool in RE4, move on Capcom.

That chainsaw thing in RE6 was about as annoying as Simmons, it just wouldn't die, and we have to fight it like 50 times.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I don't remember Ogroman.
How can you not remember the giant creature that was even shown in the trailers? You know, the thing with the cable sticking out of its back? In Edonia, ravaging the town?

I do wish there's no saw based enemies of any kind in upcoming RE games. They seem to be sticking with what works once, especially with the enemies and main characters. Try something new for a change!
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am

Oh okay I remember him now. Guess I never knew it's name.

To Capcom,

No enemies with guns, and no chainsaws. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:

No enemies with guns

Unless it's a great ORC type game.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

No enemies with guns

Unless it's a great ORC type game.

Oh yeah, if I have to do shoot-outs with Spec Ops in RE7, I'm punchin' someone in the face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video game achievements and confessions   Video game achievements and confessions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Video game achievements and confessions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2