HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The new characters in RE6, do you like them?

Go down 
+10
RebelliousQueen
JPHERO
Jill Sandwich
00biohazard
RaviorStygian
Mass Distraction
White Rock
The CG
Vandal
ChrisSherry
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

The new characters in RE6, do you like them? Empty
PostSubject: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:56 pm

First off, if you are going to be using any spoilers in your post, please use a spoiler tag; not everyone has beat the game yet.
Also, please no judging, for this is only my opinions and others. Thank you.

OK, there are three new main characters, Piers Naven, Helena Harper, and Jake Muller.
What are your personal takes on them? do you like them or hate them?

For me, to be blunt,

I really like Piers.

I like Helena. I still think Claire should have been in RE6 as Leon's partner instead. But, regardless, I like Helena.

As for Jake.... (not so straight to the point.) from the very beginning when we found out he was indeed a new character and not Steve, I was very iffy about him. To be completely honest, I'm not a huge fan of his, as I said in another thread, he has some funny lines in the games, but other then that. I don't care much for him and I hope he doesn't return to in future games.

(If you don't care about pairings and such don't read lol)
Spoiler:

I still wish Jake would have been Steve instead.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:55 am

I like Jake. A lot. He's corny, he's funny, and he's trying so hard to act cool when really, he's just a dork. Of the three new characters I like him the best.

Helena's voice actor sucks balls, and she says some really weird lines that don't make sense, but otherwise, she's a fresh take to Resident Evil. It just felt better to play her than the same leather jacket teenage haircut Leon. She was also a very passionate character, they may have overdone it at a few points, but she certainly is very loyal to her sister. Stupid yeah, but her you could tell the bond she had with her sister just by the great lengths she went through to save her.

Piers is a noble character, I like him a lot but there's just all these gay vibes I'm getting. He looks so fucking gay too… why make him look that gay Capcom? Why? And his name is just stupid… why ruin a good character with appearance and name? Any name would have been better. Reese. John. Gregory. Thomas.

But yeah, I really like the new cast. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:49 am

Jake is awesome, and I never thought I'd say that about him. I tend to hate characters that have his personality but for some reason I'd roll my eyes with a smirk instead of a frown whenever, as Mercy put it, he tried to act cool. He was interesting character with good development.

Helena was just okay. I liked her voice, but as a character she was pretty fucking annoying for the first half of the campaign. "I'll tell you when we get to the church" then when we get to to the church, "It's probably better if I just show you." Jesus woman, get it out already. If I was Leon I wouldn't have put up with that bullshit.

Piers was a likable fellow. I really think he was a tool for Chris' development as a character more than anything else. He served as the moral compass somewhat and was pretty even the entire the way through.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:57 am

I liked all the new characters. Didn't catch the names of the temporary survivors from the gun store, though they didn't live long enough for it to matter. Since one of them was called Peter, maybe that was his mother in the subway. His girlfriend was the girl with the yellow top and he ran outside, only to get himself killed.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:00 am

I really liked the sister plot going on with Helena and Deborah and it was by far the best part of the game. She was a good partner and I'm all for her return in the series. Mercy summarized her the best, I think.

While Piers isn't exactly a new character, it was nice to see some lesser known character return as Chris' partner. For some reason I've liked all the new BSAA characters that have been introduced, like Finn Macauley in this game. It's good to see more of the huge organization.

I have yet to play Jake's campaign but so far I'm liking the dude. I don't mind the pairing either, it isn't exactly something Capcom seems to be doing very often in these games.

Derek C. Simmons was an interesting... person and didn't seem to quit no matter what. I didn't mind him sticking up till the end because I prefer to have one antagonist rather than a constantly changing one. Towards the end it got all the more ridiculous and I had a blast. The only problem I have is that, at least in Leon's campaign, I didn't really feel any connection to him aside from him being a huge dick.

Can't really say anything about Carla yet as I've only seen her once during Leon's campaign.

Mercy wrote:
Any name would have been better. Reese. John. Gregory. Thomas.
Beards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:07 am

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Beards is just a mistranslation of Piers. Say it side by side. I'm sure there is not Japanese word for Piers, so the closest thing the translator could get was Beards.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:27 am

Mercy wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Beards is just a mistranslation of Piers. Say it side by side. I'm sure there is not Japanese word for Piers, so the closest thing the translator could get was Beards.
I know but it was just too hilarious not to mention. And what a manly name it was.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:43 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I know but it was just too hilarious not to mention. And what a manly name it was.
I was about to put Beards in that last post, but couldnt bring myself to do so. Beards is a more manly name than Barry.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 pm

I loved Jake. He's such an interesting and fun character, and he has strangely good chemistry with Sherry. Every scene with him was intriguing to watch, and the fact that he's Wesker son really does add to how interesting he is. Everything that goes on with Jake felt relevant, and made his story stand out to me as being the most important.

Piers was really good too. He almost seems like an alternate version of Chris. It's like Chris without some of the attitude. He's basically the good soldier. The ending to Chris' campaign actually made him infinitely more memorable and likable. In the end, he was a good character and I enjoyed him.

Helena was good too, however I didn't find her to be very remarkable. She was kind of the typical female lead/support character. Her backstory is a little interesting, but nothing too special. All in all, I liked her.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Yes, you made a lot of great points, I agree with them all. Jake does seem to be a huge focal point of the game. I also really loved his confrontation with Chris, it really showed his good side, how much he actually does care about humanity, and how selfless he is. My question though is how they were able to find a cure Jake got back.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Mercy wrote:
Yes, you made a lot of great points, I agree with them all. Jake does seem to be a huge focal point of the game. I also really loved his confrontation with Chris, it really showed his good side, how much he actually does care about humanity, and how selfless he is. My question though is how they were able to find a cure Jake got back.
Yeah everything involving him talking about Wesker was memorable, and I think it's really cool that they made Wesker's son turn out to be such a good guy. As Piers said it, it's ironic that Wesker sought to destroy the world (or "save" it as Wesker thought Rolling Eyes ), but his son was going to be the one that saved it. It may be a little cliched, but seeing it here really felt good.

When Jake put on those shades, I was all like, "Aaaaw yeeah."
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 pm

The shades are the best part of the entire game! I felt that irony speech was unnecessary, like we could plainly see the irony Piers, but thanks Captain Obvious. I really do like his chemistry with Sherry too. I'm not one to ship but the last cutscenes before the credits I went "Awww."

One thing I do want to know; who in the world did Wesker bang?!
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Mercy wrote:
I'm not one to ship but the last cutscenes before the credits I went "Awww." !
Yeah they make a cute couple.

Who would of thought that Wesker's son and Sherry would have some sort of a thing going. Several years ago it would have been laughed at as goofy fan-fiction.

As for who Wesker had his way with, we'll probably never know. She's dead now. However if Jake shows up in future games (I really hope he does, he's not a throw away character by any means), I'm sure there will be flash backs.

I've said this before, I kind of wish RE6 just focused on Jake and Sherry and make a 20-hour campaign out of his story.

I still like that there's other campaigns though.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:02 pm

My fav was Piers. At first I thought he was really gay looking, and that he would ruin it for me, but frankly, he became my fav new character in the game. As for Helena, she was very meh, didn't care for her much. And Jake, I honestly liked Sherry better. He was just too corny, but I didn't mind. But Piers, was definantley unexpected.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 am

I agree with you. Piers was awesome and he really did remind me of a young Chris. Helena was alright. Although, her personality seemed too much like Leon's in Degeneration :/. Lastly, even though I liked Jake's campaign, he just seemed like the typical tough guy gun-for-hire on the exterior, but has a heart of gold deep down.
Back to top Go down
JPHERO
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JPHERO

Playstation Network jphere09

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:31 pm

I haven't beaten it yet but i am getting it tomorrow but i say that helena is pretty good because she shows heart about her sister and that makes me think she cares about family alot so that responds with me well. And Piers he's okay i suppose, he tried to be chris a lil to much but hey i can't complain. But jake on the other hand i'm not looking forward to that campaign just because he reminds me of jason statham a lil to much because jason statham is pretty awesome, but jake is a rip off to him in my honest opinion. I like helena best but i got to admit her body is hot nuff said!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/japhere09
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I fucking hate Ustanak! I was playing Sherry/Jake Campaign I was happy cause surprisingly they we're talkin' about Claire. but I haven't beaten it yet. I'm looking forward to it. Next up Leon/Helena
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Piers gay? Well I mean Leon and Jake had female partners....soooooooooo lol
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:23 am

Piers is freaking awesome… but why did they have to make him look so damn gay?! Why the baby face?!
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:07 am

Mercy wrote:
Piers is freaking awesome… but why did they have to make him look so damn gay?! Why the baby face?!
I didn't think he looked gay. I thought he looked like a cool Italian guy.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:13 am

He almost looks like a younger Chris.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm

I didn't think Piers looked gay either. I really like his character Smile
Back to top Go down
Golden Berretta
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Golden Berretta

PostSubject: resident evil 6   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:18 pm

you would think the presidents daughter would show up in the game at least once you know? Question
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Golden Berretta wrote:
you would think the presidents daughter would show up in the game at least once you know? Question
This game's president wasn't Graham. it was another one named Adam Benford .
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:42 pm

JPHERO wrote:
I haven't beaten it yet but i am getting it tomorrow but i say that helena is pretty good because she shows heart about her sister and that makes me think she cares about family alot so that responds with me well. And Piers he's okay i suppose, he tried to be chris a lil to much but hey i can't complain. But jake on the other hand i'm not looking forward to that campaign just because he reminds me of jason statham a lil to much because jason statham is pretty awesome, but jake is a rip off to him in my honest opinion. I like helena best but i got to admit her body is hot nuff said!

Helena is cool, cuz she's got a nice ass, and their's a My Chemical Romance song with the same name(not that I really listen to them(only Helena and I'm Not Okay are on my ipod(and a 3rd song, I think it's called Disenchanted))), but otherwise I could give 2 shits about her. She's better than Sheva though.

Jake and Sherry really took me by suprise, once I realized that it was Wesker/Birkin the next generation(yes I know, it's like the 3rd time I've mentioned that, but it's so true), that really made their file for me.

Piers Nivens was cool too. I loved the opening for Chris, where he was getting drunk on Vodka? And Piers was their eating his steak lol. And like everyone in the bar was a BSAA agent trying to get Chris to go back. Ha.

Chris: "You're here to pour drinks and look pretty, so why don't you just shut your mouth" lolz I loved Chris' File. It was way more action packed than, shall we say Leon's, but damn it was good. I lol'd the first time I picked up a G'uavo(or whatever the hell they're called) and threw them on their freakin head. Smile Chris is pretty beast. But so is Leon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new characters in RE6, do you like them?   The new characters in RE6, do you like them? Empty

Back to top Go down

The new characters in RE6, do you like them?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next