HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?

Go down 
+13
Mister Albert Wesker
Vandal
Incompetent Barry
NiteKrawler
LKennedy
DeadlyGenetics
Ghost Leader
Outbreakgirl
RaviorStygian
Mass Distraction
DXP
00biohazard
ozzman
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

Playstation Network xXLittleDragonXx

why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? Empty
PostSubject: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 pm

i like the idea but can't understand how people bitch about something so simple , i love RE because of the fun gameplay and characters, even if this isn't an original concept on capcom's part, zombies have used weapons before , i've seen it in George Romero's Day of the Dead in 1985 and Land of the Dead in 2004

Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 pm

I dunno. And they aren't really smart, just faster. The smarter enemies are the J'avo, but they're not zombies.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 pm

In honesty its just because they want the same sort of zombies from the previous games back, the shambling moans and groans type that want to eat you alive. Glad someone brought Bub up though =P the old school zombies wouldn't fit with new type gameplay since its all over the shoulder now so letting them use weapons to some extent is fine in my book. The only problem I have with these zombies(and bare in mind i'm going off the demo here) they just stand there when you shoot them =/ now that makes the game too easy I want them lunging towards me while i'm reloading not drinking tea and having a chat I hope Capcom fix that in the final version.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:32 am

Like Bio mentioned, the smart "zombies" aren't zombies at all but a different type of enemy called J-Avo.

The reason why the actual zombies carry things like knives is because, and this is official info, they died while holding those items.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 am

ozzman wrote:
i love RE because of the fun gameplay and characters
Bingo. ;D
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:31 am

I guess people hates it because they are probably use to the classic zombie in the games. I'm actually looking forward to kick some smart zombie butt
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:02 am

Outbreakgirl wrote:
I guess people hates it because they are probably use to the classic zombie in the games. I'm actually looking forward to kick some smart zombie butt

Exactly they want brain dead zombies that stagger towards you(I would love it but those days are over now zombie wise) zombies using pipes as weapons totally fine with it especially if you seen any of Romero's movies those zombies are hella resourceful using bricks to break windows etc so I just think of them kind of zombies when I see these.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:31 pm

As long as they aren't using fucking crossbows and AKs...

Edit: And Land of the Dead sucked monkey balls.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Like Bio mentioned, the smart "zombies" aren't zombies at all but a different type of enemy called J-Avo.

The reason why the actual zombies carry things like knives is because, and this is official info, they died while holding those items.

The "holding onto what you died with" actually kinda gives me the creeps. I mean, dead person walks towards you holding a knife or something? Hello and good-bye!
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:43 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
As long as they aren't using fucking crossbows and AKs...

Edit: And Land of the Dead sucked monkey balls.

Leon's zombies won't mainly because:
Spoiler:

Chris's scenario has the ones with guns.
Back to top Go down
LKennedy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 pm

As long as they keep upgrading the weapons as much as they are upgrading the zombies then its cool with me
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Well that is just absolutely fucking asinine.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Umm... how is that? I would think it's like a death grip or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 pm

You'd think, wouldn't you? Let me introduce to my friend, Logic. A zombie is a reanimated corpse. It can walk, grab, wiggle its ears, whatever it needs to do to survive within its small cerebral capabilities. Why in the hell would a zombie that died with a knife in its hand have a death grip on that knife? Every other zombie ever is able to open and close its hands just fine, assuming it has any. Now all of a sudden, a zombie cannot open and close its hands just because it died holding something? Pure. Asinine. Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:01 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
You'd think, wouldn't you? Let me introduce to my friend, Logic. A zombie is a reanimated corpse. It can walk, grab, wiggle its ears, whatever it needs to do to survive within its small cerebral capabilities. Why in the hell would a zombie that died with a knife in its hand have a death grip on that knife? Every other zombie ever is able to open and close its hands just fine, assuming it has any. Now all of a sudden, a zombie cannot open and close its hands just because it died holding something? Pure. Asinine. Bullshit.

Rigor Mortis?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Rigor mortis fades eventually. But if you really want to go into logic in reanimated corpses it's just a complete impossibility because there's no ATP for the synapse junction to release an action potential for muscles to move. It's fantasy, just take the game for what it is and don't worry about "logic" because there's walking dead in that universe.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:20 am

I understand that this type of zombie is not possible. But come on, having living dead in a game and having living dead in the game that hold knives and such BECAUSE of that stupid explanation are two entirely different things. And rigor mortis? What, only in the hand? See? It's stupid as hell!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 am

I'm not agreeing with the rigor mortis argument, it would freeze the zombie in place for several days anyway; but in Dawn of the Dead, zombies did things they use to in their past lives. If some of them used knives often like a butcher or a cook I can see that, some of the BSAA zombies have combat reflexes in the game, and that's understandable.

I like the idea of smart zombies, zombies that learn. If the only way to defeat zombies is to destroy their brain that means there must be some sort of functional aspect to their brain. Meaning they could hold weapons and use it to attack on prey, open doors, climb ladders, etc.
Back to top Go down
Mister Albert Wesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Mister Albert Wesker

Playstation Network the-evilking
Steam : Hoxton47

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Smart zombies = Not scary!

Retarded zombies = Scary.

That's why!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Mister Albert Wesker wrote:

That's why!
Explain that...? I think it's the other way around for me.
Back to top Go down
Mister Albert Wesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Mister Albert Wesker

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Mercy wrote:
Mister Albert Wesker wrote:

That's why!
Explain that...? I think it's the other way around for me.
Smart zombies are too human-like imo.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Well smart zombies may as well be humans. There is something much more sinister and scary about the "classic" zombie that is a brainless virus, stopping at nothing to get to you, not feeling fear, emotion, no pain to get in its way, etc.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Personally I'd be more scared of a committee of zombies plotting to trap and kill me rather than zombies just trying to get to some meat, which can be outmaneuvered.
Back to top Go down
Mister Albert Wesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Mister Albert Wesker

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Well smart zombies may as well be humans. There is something much more sinister and scary about the "classic" zombie that is a brainless virus, stopping at nothing to get to you, not feeling fear, emotion, no pain to get in its way, etc.
Yeah i agree!And the scary thing for me about the ''Classic'' zombies was their uncoordinated movement and sounds they make all the time. affraid
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 pm

The zombie "moan" is supposed to be air escaping from their lungs. True story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?   why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ? Empty

Back to top Go down

why all the hate for smart zombies in RE6 ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next