Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Fatal Frame/Project Zero

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Fatal Frame/Project Zero Empty
PostSubject: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:24 am

I was trying to find the old thread about the series when I found some interesting news but it seems to have vanished from existence. If someone does indeed find it please link it to me and I'll merge these. Anyway, I'm making a new thread so we all can dwell in ghost stories again.

So, any fans of the series still on this forum? Favorites? I'm still trying to get the spinoff, Spirit Camera, for my 3DS.

Oh yeah, and the news thingy I was talking about. Remember Operation Rainfall? The project that managed to get The Last Story and Xenosaga released in states? Well, there's a new operation going on for the Fatal Frame series, mainly trying to get the Fatal Frame 2 remake released stateside. Maybe in the wake of that people outside Japan would also get Fatal Fram 4? Here's a link to the operation's Facebook page so all you fans of the series can sign the petition and whatnot: [link]
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:57 am

What? Double post? Well screw you too, I'm bumping this thread Razz

There's a new game coming up that apparently is a mix between Fatal Frame and The Calling. You can download a demo of it here: [link]

Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:47 am

Love how FF/PZ forces you to confront ghosts in how cameras are the weapon. One game to truly terrify me and have me turn off my console! Smile I am really, really hoping there'll be a PS3 or 360 release some time in the future.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:06 am

I do wonder why the series seems to be Nintendo exclusive nowaydays, what with Fatal Frame 4, the remake of 2 and that spinoff on 3DS. Furthermore, why on earth did they localize the spinoff but not the fourth entry in the series? They have even given the game official NA and EU names but for what, exactly?

I'll be getting that 3DS title sooner or later, though. I'm interested in the mechanic of actually using your 3DS as the Camera Obscura.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I do wonder why the series seems to be Nintendo exclusive nowaydays, what with Fatal Frame 4, the remake of 2 and that spinoff on 3DS. Furthermore, why on earth did they localize the spinoff but not the fourth entry in the series? They have even given the game official NA and EU names but for what, exactly?

I'll be getting that 3DS title sooner or later, though. I'm interested in the mechanic of actually using your 3DS as the Camera Obscura.
Man, it'd be so fun if they had you find projected ghosts in the environment IRL through the camera t night and fight them that way....-shudders-

Nintendo exclusive was dumb, especially when Nintendo doesn't cater much to the survival horror crowd, but they do love ot monopolize franchises - Resident Evil once to Pokemon right now.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:55 am

I wish they would bring FF4 over here >.>
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:57 pm

I'm playing through Fatal Frame just now.
It's one of the many games I never completed because back when it was first released I rented a copy to play, played some of it and then took it back 2 days before it was due because I couldn't bring myself to play it again.
I love how the game throws you into the deep end armed only with your camera and a confused mind set.
The soundtrack for the game is brilliant and really fills you with fear and dread, even when you first start the game you don't want to explore the mansion any further.
I also liked the mechanics they used, they have none enemy ghosts that just randomly appear at parts or do something, that sacred the shit out of me.
The fact that you never knew it was coming because there was no build up or BGM change, you would just be walking and BAM in front of you a ghost would walk past a corner and disappear or you would open a door and it would be right in your face then disappear.
I also love that some parts of the game if you take to long in areas things happen or ghosts appear.
The monks always used to appear when you where idle for even a few seconds.
That really brought something new to your experience and really made it hard to play.
I have to say it will always be one of the most scariest survival horror titles I'v ever owned.

It did suck that we didn't get FF/PZ4 but the third instalment in the series was a real let down and didn't sell very well over here.
You know the Japanese way of business they base it all on performance, it wasn't estimated to hit a reasonable target so they never risked the money loss and just released locally.
That and the fact the western gaming market was changing, survival horror was kind of fizzing out and FPS was coming to town.
If you don't mind the hassle you can always download a patched translated version and play it on the wii, bear in mind you will have to flash your wii but it's not hard.

I loved the concept of the 3DS version using the camera to capture ghosts, that would have been really cool, kind of like monster hunters but with ghosts lol.
Did that game ever get released here or was that a JAP release only ?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:00 am

Are you going to move to Fatal Frame 2 after finishing the first one?

Mcghie wrote:
Did that game ever get released here or was that a JAP release only ?
It is available on retail world wide, interestingly enough. I'll get myself a copy of it sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Are you going to move to Fatal Frame 2 after finishing the first one?

That's a question of when I complete the first one.
I mean I'm enjoying it but I usually play it during the night in the pitch black and to honest I don't want to sound like a pussy but it creeps the hell out of me.
So I'm not getting big chunks of it done but I'm casually getting through it.
Not to mention some random things that I never knew happened in the game really freaked me out like the random knocking on the walls, doors sliding open at certain points, ghosts
attacking you when you are trying to get through doors, walking around a corner and one's right in your face and having the game idle for a few minutes or paused and bloody hand prints begin to
appear on the screen.
That really messed with me.
I'v played some the second one as well and will definitely be playing through it ones I'm done with the first.
I think on the second one I got up to the part when the "ring style" curl came out of a box or chest and start coming towards me, I quit about that part years ago and never played it since.
I bought the directors cut on the xbox so hopefully it will have no shortage of scares.

Mass Distraction wrote:
It is available on retail world wide, interestingly enough. I'll get myself a copy of it sooner or later.

Really ? That's great news man.
I never knew that I stopped following the development of the game when I thought it was Japanese only release.
You've got me excited now Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:17 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
What? Double post? Well screw you too, I'm bumping this thread Razz

There's a new game coming up that apparently is a mix between Fatal Frame and The Calling. You can download a demo of it here: [link]

This reminds me of looking for my phone- using my phone.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:37 am

Movie inbound!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame/Project Zero   Fatal Frame/Project Zero Empty

Back to top Go down

Fatal Frame/Project Zero
Page 1 of 1