HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! Empty
PostSubject: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:41 am

I don't even remember when I've last made one of these but hey! Some of these may be old news to you if you have followed the threads on the site but I might as well recap them to keep to the forum's actual subject.

A new Fatal Frame on the way! Also gets a movie adaptation.

According to Gematsu, getting their information through the Japanese gaming website and magazine Famitsu, a new game and a movie set in the popular Fatal Frame universe are being developed at the moment. No name or release date have been mentioned for either one but the game IS being produced in cooperation with Nintendo and it will be released on the Wii U. While I don't like the series being Nintendo exclusive since Fatal Frame IV on the Wii, it's nice to see Wii U getting more third party support. Let's just hope this entry doesn't stay in Japan unlike the previous one, though we did get the remake of the second game and a spinoff for the 3DS so maybe there's still hope.

Two actors have been revealed for the movie thus far, Nakajou Ayami and Morikawa Aoi. Having a dual reveal like this gives one the impression that the movie might be an adaptation of Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly with its twin main characters.
Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! 015

The article also mentions comic and novel adaptations. It seems that Siren and Silent Hill aren't the only ones getting some action on the comic front. More about those two later in this post.

[source]

Dino Crisis Reboot & Resident Evil 7 announcement at E3?

This is more of a recap on previously stated facts but still, the news are big enough to get a mention here.

There may have been a leak a couple months back revealing the resurrection of an old dinosaur, Dino Drisis. Not much is currently known about that one but we should be getting an announcement later this year, possibly during E3 or Tokyo Game Show. [source thread]

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! Blog_header_12832287_0

According to Siliconera, a Japanese newspaper has given us some hope of possibly seeing RE7 announced at this year's E3, held June 10-12th. While the paper doesn't specifically mention the name of the franchise it does heavily hint for such an announcement. The article also speaks of the game being developed for (at least) PS4 so we can sigh in relief that the rumor about it being Xbox exclusive was most likely false.

[source]

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! Resident_evil_7_title

You can take part in our RE7 discussion [here]. Don't worry, you don't need to read all those 33 pages to know what's up, over half of the pages are mere speculation.

Resident Evil Rising

Okay that's not the real title of the movie, it was merely a translation error in an article (linked below). The title'd be quite catchy, though it does remind me of a certain cyborg ninja. Currently the only actor, or should I say actress, revealed is Li Bingbing reprising her role as Ada. I'm sure we'll be seeing fan favorites Chris, Leon, Jill, Claire and Wesker in addition to the movies' original characters Rain and K-Mart, too. Anderson also seems to be keeping the movies 3D milking that (yet again) dying gimmick for all that it's still worth.

Our thread for the film with a new article: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t5227-anderson-is-starting-to-work-on-the-next-film

My source: http://english.cntv.cn/2014/04/20/VIDE1397952963761818.shtml (through Rely on Horror)

A thread for speculation, courtesy of TheSkinniMini1: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t5214-which-fan-favorite-character-is-at-the-most-risk-of-being-killed-off-in-the-final-live-action-film

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! Resident%20Evil%20movie%20image%20-%20slice

New Evolution gameplay emerges, looks amazing

For anyone who hasn't followed gaming news lately, Evolve is a new team based horror game from the makers of Left 4 Dead. You are taking the role of one of four hunters hunting for an ever evolving beast, controlled by yet another player. Teamwork and cunning planning are the key to victory.

Check the latest gameplay below in all its monstery goodness.

New Siren and Silent Hill comics announced

We haven't heard of the Siren series in what feels like ages. The last game came out back in 2008 for crying out loud! But fear not, for we are getting a (second) manga adaptation of the series for its 10th anniversary. Hopefully this, unlike the first series and the live action movie, gets released outside of Japan. Here's hoping for a new game somewhere along the line! [source] [thread]

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! Blog_thumbnail_12834241

Siren, however, is not the only horror game series getting adapted into a new comic series. Silent Hill: Downpour, despite some unfavorable reviews, is getting a continuation of sorts. Silent Hill Downpour: Anne's Story tells Anne's, the surviving police officer's, side of the events seen in the game. I for one am excited to see what the twisted minds behind the series have in store for us this time. [source] [thread]

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! 227_sh_downpour_comic_02

Evil Within trailer and viral campaign

As of late Evil Within has been on the news for being the definitive horror game of 2014, even though I beg to differ. In any case people are excited about it, especially after the trailers we've been getting, the latest one being shown below. In addition to using mere trailers as part of their marketing, Bethesda has invested in quite a funny piece of viral marketing, making a fake news story via The Onion. You can see the viral video here: [link]

Our dedicated thread: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4834-shinji-mikami-s-the-evil-within

Downloadable horror news

A quick recap of all things interesting appearing on downloadable marketplaces:

Silent Hill 0rigins & Shattered Memories: Both the prequel and reimagining have been available on the US PSN for quite some time but finally Europe is getting their hands on these downloadable goodies for £7.99/€9.95 each. That certainly is a bargain compared to the prices in the US, 0rigins being $9.99 and SM $29.99 [source]

Resident Evil 2 & 3: Not sure how many German users we have here but hey, this was something that caught my eye. For some mysterious reason both games have been absent from the German PS Store. No more, says Capcom Germany and gives an announcement through Twitter that these games are finally making their way to the local PSN. [source]

Bloodrayne Betrayal: What people thought was going to be a new release in the franchise due to the emerging of a website (http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/brcs/) turns out to be a rerelease. The game originally came out 3 years ago but is only now finding its way on the Japanese market, which the aforementioned site was pointing to. Sure, not something that really has anything to do with us, but the more interesting part is that it also is finally getting a Steam release. I never got the game from PSN, though I did try the demo, so I'm looking forward to the next Steam sale Razz

Harvester: Never heard of it? No wonder, it's an obscure PC horror game that made use of full motion video back in 1996 when stuff like that was new and cool. If you are into cult "classics" and old horror games, you can check the game out on both [GOG.com] and [Steam].

Fan Film Spotlight: Silent Hill Lost Days

Despite all the cool media we have gotten since the last game fans are still not satisfied and made this gorgeous film set before the events of Silent Hill 2. Enjoy!

Trailer Galleries

Daylight:

Forest:

Alien: Isolation:

Previously on Resident Evil Forums

We have a new section! Look for gaming partners here: http://www.residentevilforums.net/f8-looking-for-group

Resident Evil 2 fan remake? Tell us what you think: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t5157-resident-evil-2-reborn-hd

Resident Evil Marhawa Desire gets a translation: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t5191-biohazard-marhawa-desire-getting-a-translation

Dee-Ay's sexuality revealed! We are such a tabloid: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t5221-interesting-fact-about-dee-ay

Screwattack Gaming Convention is in Dallas, Texas again! Sign up now: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t5205-i-m-going-to-sgc-2014-in-dallas-texas-anyone-else-coming#119682

Btw. If anyone was wondering about the lack of news on new zombie games, such as H1Z1, I stopped caring a long time ago. There are new ones popping out almost weekly so the only news regarding those I pay attention to anymore are DayZ devblogs. Even that's only because I actually have the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:41 am

What cyborg ninja? Deepthroat? Gray Fox?!

I usually don't care when new games come out in general, like how some gamers cream their pants, “Ooh those graphics!”, or whatever. I often stick with the series i know, i.e. RE, MGS, Half-Life, LoK, Smash Bros., etc. etc. but i actually am a little interested in The Evil Within and The Last Of Us. The reason is that they seem like they may have that classic RE feel to them, although i could be wrong.

I wonder what that business about The war ends now could be about with RE7. I've been so out of the loop with RE lately. I'm guessing we haven't had any real RE7 news otherwise so.....

And maybe more RE characters should come out of the closet. Mass is having the time of his life!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:48 am

Teh Spike wrote:
What cyborg ninja? Deepthroat? Gray Fox?!

You could've just clicked the obvious link text to get the obvious reference. I thought you followed Metal Gear?

Teh Spike wrote:
i actually am a little interested in The Evil Within and The Last Of Us. The reason is that they seem like they may have that classic RE feel to them, although i could be wrong.

Evil Within seems like RE4 with Silent Hill monsters or better yet, a third person version of Outlast but with weapons. Last of Us is just Uncharted with the gameplay focusing on its lackluster stealth mechanics while also lacking Uncharted's great climbing mechanic.

TLoU is an okay good game and I'm sure Evil Within will be fun in its own right but neither are what I would describe as "classic RE".

Teh Spike wrote:
I wonder what that business about The war ends now could be about with RE7.

That's not the official logo so I doubt it has anything to do with the actual game.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Evolve looks pretty good.

Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:16 pm

Mass you know i don't click on links. At least i'm not as bad as Kelvin The Camper.

And idk pretty much anything about Evil Within or Last Of Us, but i'm a little less interested in the latter based on your description of it. Evil Within still has my interest.

@Known Hero, have you gotten any of the latest gen consoles? Are you looking forward to the new Smash Bros?
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Lol, don't listen to Mass. The Last of Us is a great game. The gameplay is nothing like Uncharted: the combat is a lot more visceral and strategic.

I haven't made the jump to the next gen yet. I'm still having fun with my PS3. I'll probably pick up a PS4 some time in the fall. Batman: Arkham Knight and Alien: Isolation are the only next gen games I care about at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 5:16 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Lol, don't listen to Mass. The Last of Us is a great game. The gameplay is nothing like Uncharted: the combat is a lot more visceral and strategic.

I didn't say it was a bad game or that its gameplay was exactly like Uncharted. The overall feel of it is Uncharted mixed with Walking Dead and even uses the crummy sneaking from Uncharted 3. If the overall gameplay was like Uncharted I'd like the game way more. Story is great, otherwise the game is quite dull and in absolutely no way the best game ever made like so many people make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 8:29 am

You can get a pretty good look at a T-bone steak by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but would i rather take the butcher's word for it? I guess i'll have to find out for myself if Evil Within or Last Of Us are any good. I think i'm still more interested in Evil Within. Isn't that one made by Shinji Mikami? So i know there won't be any mid-air barrel rolling Weskers or any token characters stealing spotlights.

Hero, what's your sig? I also haven't jumped to next gen. I'm not interested in Xbox One or Wii U, and i never even got a Ps3 yet. But the one next gen game i wants is the brand spankin' new Smash Bros! And i don't want it on 3DS. That's basically all for me.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:38 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

I didn't say it was a bad game or that its gameplay was exactly like Uncharted. The overall feel of it is Uncharted mixed with Walking Dead and even uses the crummy sneaking from Uncharted 3. If the overall gameplay was like Uncharted I'd like the game way more. Story is great, otherwise the game is quite dull and in absolutely no way the best game ever made like so many people make it out to be.

Different strokes, I guess. The only thing about this game that reminds me of Uncharted is the Naughty Dog symbol on the box.

Teh Spike wrote:

Hero, what's your sig? I also haven't jumped to next gen. I'm not interested in Xbox One or Wii U, and i never even got a Ps3 yet. But the one next gen game i wants is the brand spankin' new Smash Bros! And i don't want it on 3DS. That's basically all for me.

Ellen Ripley from Alien. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I'd normally call you a hipster, but I agree with almost everything. The combat agaisnt other humans is EXACTLY the same as in UC, the sneaking on zombies is a bit different, besides the obvious difference (no zombies in UC lolollwl)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!   Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more! Empty

Back to top Go down

Horror Gaming News, 26/04/14 - Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis, Siren and many more!
Page 1 of 1