HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Distant Memories

Go down 
+13
Sargent D
AWDCP
Shrike
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Prince of Judah
sotilas
Mcghie
00biohazard
DivideByZero
RebelliousQueen
Valentine Fan
DXP
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:50 pm

AWDCP wrote:
Steve....

No...Steve...
Eh? =S
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:19 am

~ FWINK ~

Any updates?

I just saw this today. And it looks good. It feels good. Or rather the FEELS are good.

Awesome work DXP, and Team96, of course. Keep us posted, o'ryt?

Woo!
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:17 am

There is some smallish update:

The bad news:
The demo has sadly been pushed back, it was to be released at the end of this year however due to other commitments and real life getting in the way for every team member work has gone to a shambling corpse state.

The Good News:
Despite the demo being delayed it will be getting released soon, what has happened in the past few months discovery wise thanks to Mortician and his badass coding skills is the ability to add content that we had to sadly shove on the cutting room floor at one point in development it now can be added enhancing DM on a whole, which means more content Wink all we ask for is a bit more patience, keep checking the blog and hopefully we will have something to show very soonish.
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Do not worry about the delay. Some projects have things like that.

A game like this is worth the wait. Very Happy

Good luck on your team!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:47 am

If I have gotten my computer upgrade when the final game is done, it will be my one and only day one LP.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:15 am

Barry! Barry! Barry!
(Rebecca, too.)
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:11 pm

DivideByZero wrote:
Do not worry about the delay. Some projects have things like that.

A game like this is worth the wait. Very Happy

Good luck on your team!
Thanks for the kind words Very Happy 

Mass Distraction wrote:
If I have gotten my computer upgrade when the final game is done, it will be my one and only day one LP.
Same here crazy as that may sound, i'm already giddy with the prospect of the demo coming out >.<

Something should be coming soonish hopefully.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:30 am

Updated the blog for this month:
http://team96.bplaced.net/wordp/

I've also included some exclusive material this time around Wink
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:10 am

Here is another new update unveiling one of the new tools Team 96 is now using, I present to you guys the Maya and Blender RDT plugins:
Maya and Blender RDT Plugins Team 96 Blog
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:28 am

Hurry up and finish the game already!! XD
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:18 pm

No time like the present too post this, already had posts on other forums...sadly 'that' forum -_- as of now I am sad too say Distant Memories has ceased production, this is due too many issues and problems that we had basically had enough of. There is other problems but i'm not going too go into those at this point so sadly like that Dark Biohazard this mod is also dead and buried.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:57 am

DXP wrote:
No time like the present too post this, already had posts on other forums...sadly 'that' forum -_- as of now I am sad too say Distant Memories has ceased production, this is due too many issues and problems that we had basically had enough of. There is other problems but i'm not going too go into those at this point so sadly like that Dark Biohazard this mod is also dead and buried.

I am just going to say this, but since it's my birthday, you will continue production, or suffer the consequences. All of you.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 9:12 am

PWNERX wrote:

I am just going to say this, but since it's my birthday, you will continue production, or suffer the consequences. All of you.

Sadly its happened =/ none of us really want too continue with it, we have our reasons from the technical too the behind the scenes and this project has suffered through all of that. So sadly its better too put this too rest....this however doesn't mean what we have learned or worked on will be thrown away but i'll keep silent about that for now.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:20 pm

DXP wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Sadly its happened =/ none of us really want too continue with it, we have our reasons from the technical too the behind the scenes and this project has suffered through all of that. So sadly its better too put this too rest....this however doesn't mean what we have learned or worked on will be thrown away but i'll keep silent about that for now.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  Crying or Very sad   No 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 pm

I knew it. I knew this would happen. This is why Resident Evil fan-games should never be attempted. Maybe 90% of the time, 85-90%, they never see the light of day. I'm sick of it. Of all the RE fan-games/mods, only one good one has ever reached fruition: the RPG remake "Resident Evil: Rebirth"! I'm sick of the disappointment! Just don't next time.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 4:57 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
I knew it. I knew this would happen. This is why Resident Evil fan-games should never be attempted. Maybe 90% of the time, 85-90%, they never see the light of day. I'm sick of it. Of all the RE fan-games/mods, only one good one has ever reached fruition: the RPG remake "Resident Evil: Rebirth"! I'm sick of the disappointment! Just don't next time.
Speaking as someone who used to be heavily involved in the modding community (not Resident Evil, but still), I can tell you that discontinued projects are common for any number of reasons, whether it be due to real life, lack of resources, hardcode limits, no desire to continue, etc.. There's no way around it. Modders do this in their own free time and don't owe anyone a finished product, so you're really in no place to tell anyone what they should and shouldn't do.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Speaking as someone who used to be heavily involved in the modding community (not Resident Evil, but still), I can tell you that discontinued projects are common for any number of reasons, whether it be due to real life, lack of resources, hardcode limits, no desire to continue, etc.. There's no way around it. Modders do this in their own free time and don't owe anyone a finished product, so you're really in no place to tell anyone what they should and shouldn't do.

I wasn't telling anyone. I was just stating an angry opinion as to why projects like this shouldn't really be attempted. You shouldn't start something that you're not going to finish. To work on a project like that, it requires real commitment to get through. And all we get is a pitiful apology when it falls through. Oh, they're sorry that they've joined the long list of "developers" who got our hopes up. People who do things like this should realize that such a pitiful apology won't really help anything. It sometimes makes things worse.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:32 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

I wasn't telling anyone. I was just stating an angry opinion as to why projects like this shouldn't really be attempted. You shouldn't start something that you're not going to finish. To work on a project like that, it requires real commitment to get through. And all we get is a pitiful apology when it falls through. Oh, they're sorry that they've joined the long list of "developers" who got our hopes up. People who do things like this should realize that such a pitiful apology won't really help anything. It sometimes makes things worse.
Again, modders don't owe you anything and if a "pitiful" apology isn't enough for you when a project hits a dead end, then boo-fucking-hoo for you. It's not like the modders are doing the happy dance when a project dead ends. And we damn sure aren't going to stop doing something we enjoy because you feel shafted. We aren't the ones getting your hopes up, you are. Unless you've only just discovered modding yesterday, then you ought to know that these things can and do happen and be prepared for it. The first project I was involved in ended up dying due to a lack of manpower and our fans were disappointed, but they handled it a hell of a lot more maturely than you are.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:52 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Again, modders don't owe you anything and if a "pitiful" apology isn't enough for you when a project hits a dead end, then boo-fucking-hoo for you. It's not like the modders are doing the happy dance when a project dead ends. And we damn sure aren't going to stop doing something we enjoy because you feel shafted. We aren't the ones getting your hopes up, you are. Unless you've only just discovered modding yesterday, then you ought to know that these things can and do happen and be prepared for it. The first project I was involved in ended up dying due to a lack of manpower and our fans were disappointed, but they handled it a hell of a lot more maturely than you are.

Oh, really? Well then, excuse me for being the jerk. Poor modders. (cue the sorrowful violin)

I'd say at the point that they start making promises, that maybe they owe it to us to get it out. All of the "it's coming soon" and "it's gonna be awesome" don't count as getting our hopes up? False promises. Never make promises you can't keep.

And I can understand that some projects just die, that I accept, okay? But a better explanation as to why would at least be the courteous thing to do.

Lastly, I don't think I warranted getting talked to like that. I had another RE rant earlier, and that person was a hell of a lot mature than YOU were. They tried to calm me down and talk rationally. They didn't start with the self-pity tirade.

Fuckity-bye.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 4:10 am

TyrantSteve wrote:

Oh, really? Well then, excuse me for being the jerk. Poor modders. (cue the sorrowful violin)

I'd say at the point that they start making promises, that maybe they owe it to us to get it out. All of the "it's coming soon" and "it's gonna be awesome" don't count as getting our hopes up? False promises. Never make promises you can't keep.

And I can understand that some projects just die, that I accept, okay? But a better explanation as to why would at least be the courteous thing to do.

We kind of went over the why on the official FB page...you would also know that another team has got in contact about continuing the project again if you checked the FB page you would also know that...

But since i'm here i'll say my piece yet again.....-_-

DM was cancelled by the team for so many reasons, one was that there was only ever 2 people in the team doing any work(me and Mortician) we built all the new room data, created the date, linked the data and scripted the data while other members were more obsessed with playing garry's mod on steam, or again real life got in the way....yeah I was on Steam 99% of the time and there was no communication whatsoever... Main reason was simple it was lack of communication and that is what sadly made me and Morti cancel the project.

Ironically as we announced this some people in the community cheered since they wanted DM to fall...others sent us death threats for you know cancelling the project, whereas others were and still are supporting us. Your not the last person i've seen who has an entitlement issue and keeping everyone's 'hopes ups'....let me set the record straight we invested 3 years in the RE2 engine dissecting the thing, learning what could and couldn't be done, had a talented guy coding the apps we used to mod DM, providing the community with information...and as soon as we cancel it we are the bad guys?

Everyone has real lives at the end of the day hell Mortician has left the modding scene for his own reasons, i'm on the verge of packing in my love of the series because of all the behind the scenes cloak and dagger shit the RE community is known for, but yet i've got a team wanting to work on DM so that you the fans will have at least something...god that makes me such a bastard for caring doesn't it?

One more thing i'm throwing this out in the open now it needs to be in public knowledge....Team 96 and Distant Memories was actually compromised back from 2011 onwards by various 'people' we had source code from an early app stolen, private images amassing over 300 looks....(when there was only 6 people at the time in the team) snide comments from people claiming our progress was nothing more than a hoax, people wanting DM to fail, all the internal documentation I wrote and the others wrote was read by people no even on the team at all...and other shit besides that and yet despite that we soldiered on....and why? For you guys to have something to play and seriously now if I had known most of the communities reaction back in 2011 from 2014....I would have ran a mile and maybe I will because i'm sick and tired of people now really am....

That courteous enough for you?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 4:17 am

Most big fanbases are hateful, unforgiving and generally mean, especially on the internet when they can just throw in their voices without repercussions.

It's nice to know there's a chance the project might continue though. Hopefully not all that work you guys put into it was in vain.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 4:22 am

TyrantSteve wrote:
Maybe that violin would be better suited playing for you? After all, you're the wronged party here, right? Rolling Eyes

Quote :
Again, this is all done in our free time and no one can foresee when something may come up that can jeopardize it. Maybe the attitude of the RE modding community is different, but I've never heard any modder I know make any promises. Simply put, there are no promises when it comes to mods.

Quote :
Maybe if you were more courteous to those you're demeaning, you'd get a better explanation. Courteousness is a two-way street.

Quote :
Lastly, I don't think I warranted getting talked to like that. I had another RE rant earlier, and that person was a hell of a lot mature than YOU were. They tried to calm me down and talk rationally.
You're the one acting like an entitled asswipe here, so yeah, you did warrant it. If you're going to be a complete utter prick to the modders that do this, why should we have any sympathy for you?

Quote :
They didn't start with the self-pity tirade.
You mean like the one you started this whole thing off with?

Quote :
Fuckity-bye.
Keep it up, see what happens.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 5:46 am

DXP wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

We kind of went over the why on the official FB page...you would also know that another team has got in contact about continuing the project again if you checked the FB page you would also know that...

But since i'm here i'll say my piece yet again.....-_-

DM was cancelled by the team for so many reasons, one was that there was only ever 2 people in the team doing any work(me and Mortician) we built all the new room data, created the date, linked the data and scripted the data while other members were more obsessed with playing garry's mod on steam, or again real life got in the way....yeah I was on Steam 99% of the time and there was no communication whatsoever... Main reason was simple it was lack of communication and that is what sadly made me and Morti cancel the project.

Ironically as we announced this some people in the community cheered since they wanted DM to fall...others sent us death threats for you know cancelling the project, whereas others were and still are supporting us. Your not the last person i've seen who has an entitlement issue and keeping everyone's 'hopes ups'....let me set the record straight we invested 3 years in the RE2 engine dissecting the thing, learning what could and couldn't be done, had a talented guy coding the apps we used to mod DM, providing the community with information...and as soon as we cancel it we are the bad guys?

Everyone has real lives at the end of the day hell Mortician has left the modding scene for his own reasons, i'm on the verge of packing in my love of the series because of all the behind the scenes cloak and dagger shit the RE community is known for, but yet i've got a team wanting to work on DM so that you the fans will have at least something...god that makes me such a bastard for caring doesn't it?

One more thing i'm throwing this out in the open now it needs to be in public knowledge....Team 96 and Distant Memories was actually compromised back from 2011 onwards by various 'people' we had source code from an early app stolen, private images amassing over 300 looks....(when there was only 6 people at the time in the team) snide comments from people claiming our progress was nothing more than a hoax, people wanting DM to fail, all the internal documentation I wrote and the others wrote was read by people no even on the team at all...and other shit besides that and yet despite that we soldiered on....and why? For you guys to have something to play and seriously now if I had known most of the communities reaction back in 2011 from 2014....I would have ran a mile and maybe I will because i'm sick and tired of people now really am....

That courteous enough for you?

I'm sorry, okay. I know I can be a jerk at times, and what I said was completely unwarranted. I didn't take into account that for just a few people attempting something like this, that it can be infinitely harder. But I don't really read FB. Try to understand that, please. But I'll apologize again again for being a complete and utter a-hole towards you. You didn't deserve it, and I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 5:50 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Maybe that violin would be better suited playing for you? After all, you're the wronged party here, right? Rolling Eyes

Quote :
Again, this is all done in our free time and no one can foresee when something may come up that can jeopardize it. Maybe the attitude of the RE modding community is different, but I've never heard any modder I know make any promises. Simply put, there are no promises when it comes to mods.

Quote :
Maybe if you were more courteous to those you're demeaning, you'd get a better explanation. Courteousness is a two-way street.

Quote :
Lastly, I don't think I warranted getting talked to like that. I had another RE rant earlier, and that person was a hell of a lot mature than YOU were. They tried to calm me down and talk rationally.
You're the one acting like an entitled asswipe here, so yeah, you did warrant it. If you're going to be a complete utter prick to the modders that do this, why should we have any sympathy for you?

Quote :
They didn't start with the self-pity tirade.
You mean like the one you started this whole thing off with?

Quote :
Fuckity-bye.
Keep it up, see what happens.

That a threat? You started it first by swearing at me.

I've said my peace, I hope, with the modders and apologized. I realize that I've been a complete and total a-hole towards them.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 3:43 am

The guy above me is skippidy screwed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Distant Memories
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next