HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Distant Memories

Go down 
+13
Sargent D
AWDCP
Shrike
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Prince of Judah
sotilas
Mcghie
00biohazard
DivideByZero
RebelliousQueen
Valentine Fan
DXP
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 pm

King Saul wrote:
This looks promising but perhaps you guys should use better quality graphics if it is possible. It feels extremely antiquated. Also, perhaps you could have a useful knife that is part of your kit rather than taking up a slot? If you need voice acting, I can do a bit. I do a perfect smeagel voice lol.

Better graphics you say?.....and why does it needs to be improved just out of curiosity? The whole useful knife segment is just like using part of 1.5/4/5's system and we are not doing that we are going as old school as possible. At the moment we don't need voice acting that's for when the time comes to use VA's for now we are working on the game, because its not as easy as it looks.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

Steam : BigYehudah

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:48 am

The graphics don't need improvement. I am not a graphics nazi. But if this is a PC game, and you have the capability, why not?
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:38 am

King Saul wrote:
The graphics don't need improvement. I am not a graphics nazi. But if this is a PC game, and you have the capability, why not?

Because unless you have had the pleasure of trying to mod any RE game you would realize its very restrictive the native resolution is 320x240 it can't be changed, the character models can only be a certain amount of polygons anything higher than the standard poly count buggers the game up. Yeah its a pc game but the engine is primitive and very damn restrictive otherwise do you honestly think we would just have it at native 320x240 background render resolution when we have so many little details in the renders themselves?

You need to learn the restrictions...
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Oh, I didn't realize it was a mod of Resident Evil 2, only based on Resident Evil 2. I apologize. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Hmm. May I ask why you are using RE 2? I don't know if there is any game or engine that would do well other than this however.

By the way. If you haven't checked your Moddb page, please do. They have it flagged as defunct.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:11 pm

King Saul wrote:
Oh, I didn't realize it was a mod of Resident Evil 2, only based on Resident Evil 2. I apologize. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Hmm. May I ask why you are using RE 2? I don't know if there is any game or engine that would do well other than this however.

By the way. If you haven't checked your Moddb page, please do. They have it flagged as defunct.

We are using RE2 primarily because most if not all the mod tools work 100% with it 3 requires extracting from archives to do anything mod wise, and 1 is still in the process of being analyzed 100% so even if we have tools that allow custom room creation for 2 there is none for 1 as the file types are completely different.

Also posted about the moddb to the other guys too see what is happening regarding the page being flagged thanks for the heads up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:46 pm

No problemo. I doubt it, but is there the slightest chance of RE:DM having coop xD?

EDIT:
And/or friendly AI? The engine can handle it, as I read that Ada follows you around and fights in RE 2 for part of the game. Zero was originally intended for the N64 and that handled it.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:58 am

Since we are still building the rooms, doing testing etc we haven't decided as of yet if co-op will be implemented.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:00 pm

Going to bump now to announce soon the newest trailer will be out(in the process of finalizing it) your going to be getting a longer trailer than the last ones a year ago and see more of the game itself so please stand by.....(otherwise i'll fall asleep and nothing will be posted >.<)

Enjoy guys and Happy Halloween!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:02 am

This game is looking magnificent! Is there any launch window? Because if there's a playable version sometime around next Halloween, I'll definitely showcase this on my Month of Horror blogs on ScrewAttack.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 am

Sorry for the late reply, at the moment we haven't got a launch window as of yet hopefully by next year we will have something playable but until then work continues =P
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm

As long as Barry Doesn't die, I'd like it.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:27 am

PWNERX wrote:
As long as Barry Doesn't die, I'd like it.

He isn't scheduled to die =P

Been a while since i've been here, so now for some updates regarding DM:

There is a demo planned for this year! Whole team have decided that we are at a stage where a demo will be released not sure when but will keep people updated.

We now have a full mansion done and dusted only thing we are working on now are the events this includes cut-scenes, puzzles etc so its the real gritty stuff we are dealing with now.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:41 am

Holy cow! I thought you had died or something. Nice to see you around.

Looking forward to the demo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Holy cow! I thought you had died or something. Nice to see you around.

Looking forward to the demo.

Nah just been uber busy with projects(including DM) =P
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm

I am so pumped for this that it's really sad to see what has Capcom done to the series. This engine is so genius, that I would have played hundreds of games in it only because I am drawn by the gameplay, not by the shooters they now produce. I mean, the goddamn fans are making games for them and yet they don't realize what many people want.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Thing about Resident Evil is that not even Capcom know where they want to go with it, and its because of that situation that we have all these behind the shoulder COD style games with explosions everywhere, or its puzzles that are just press one button then done.... Luckily DM has real puzzles etc.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:23 am

Time for an update, should have some new footage soon to show, we're in the process of polishing some rooms you will see what I mean when you see the footage Wink
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:16 pm

DXP wrote:
Time for an update, should have some new footage soon to show, we're in the process of polishing some rooms you will see what I mean when you see the footage Wink

Just an Idea, But a certain end-game unlockable could be Barry's Revolver with a certain effect...
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Yah, I've been gone for a while but this looks magnificent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:58 pm

PWNERX wrote:

Just an Idea, But a certain end-game unlockable could be Barry's Revolver with a certain effect...

never seen that before! Very Happy Shall have a word with the team see what they say at the moment unlocks are the last thing on our minds but any ideas are always appreciated =)

AWDCP wrote:
Yah, I've been gone for a while but this looks magnificent.

Thanks glad you like what you see =)
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:18 pm

I saw the Facebook page for this mod awhile back and became very interested in it, I love the fact that the game takes place in Germany. Can't wait to play it when it comes out. Very Happy

Oh and nice YouTube account name by the way lol. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Sargent D wrote:
I saw the Facebook page for this mod awhile back and became very interested in it, I love the fact that the game takes place in Germany. Can't wait to play it when it comes out. Very Happy

Oh and nice YouTube account name by the way lol. Twisted Evil

glad you like the page =P we have been tinkering with releasing some exclusive material on there when we gain enough likes so stay tuned for that. I really can't wait until it comes out too and i'm one of the guys working on it xD
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:59 pm

DXP wrote:

glad you like the page =P we have been tinkering with releasing some exclusive material on there when we gain enough likes so stay tuned for that. I really can't wait until it comes out too and i'm one of the guys working on it xD

Is there any more info on you guys releasing a short demo build of the game or even an alpha and beta ?
The anticipations KILLING ME AHHH !!!!!
It is nice to hear you guys are still going with mod, keep the productivity up.

Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:00 am

Mcghie wrote:

Is there any more info on you guys releasing a short demo build of the game or even an alpha and beta ?
The anticipations KILLING ME AHHH !!!!!
It is nice to hear you guys are still going with mod, keep the productivity up.

Not at the moment will be a demo for now but not sure when that will be getting released shall keep everyone updated though. Yeah we're still chugging on with this mod should be seeing something soon =P
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:16 am

This is my second idea for unlockables, but everyone has played the Merc's/Battle Game, so what if you have Barry, Rebecca, and a few others, play on a map that is always a randomized layout of areas from the game. This minigame would lead to other surpises as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Distant Memories   Resident Evil: Distant Memories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Distant Memories
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next