HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Games You Feel Were Under-rated?

Go down 
+23
Known_Hero
Industrial Ridden
Spike991
the_darkest_one
chrisredfielmusculo
DivideByZero
chocotricks
Evil Rage42
NiteKrawler
ozzman
The CG
SWITCHMYND
Monster Mash
Ghost Leader
Vandal
PerseusRad
Outbreakgirl
PAULSAMSON
VoyageTreader08
REWorld
ThomVD
Mass Distraction
Valentine Fan
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Thank you for that Ghostleader, those are my basic thoughts on CoD.

As for Final Fantasy VII? Are Oi kidding me? That game is most definitely not underrated by any means.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII#section_6

Check out the reception and it's legacy. Multiple spin offs, movies, talk of a remake, Final Fantasy VII is easily the most praised and the greatest Final Fantasy out there. Fans and critics alike give credit to where it's due, and since then there hasn't been a Final Fantasy game to live up to its standards. Just look at Final Fantasy XIII. To call Final Fantasy VII underrated is really.... That's just uninformed.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:57 pm

If FFVII is underrated, so is RE2.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:
Mercy wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
-Final Fantasy XII
-Call of Duty series
Dude, those games are overrated.
What call of duty is awesome.

CoD is an overrated game that, as Ghost Leader stated above, apart from a graphic update, is the same goddamn game over and over again. I swear, all of my friends would rather play that stupid game and be mindless 'shoot 'em all' people instead of playing games that have puzzles and games that force you to have a strategy for playing it.

And yes, i've played through at least one CoD game. All I had to do was shoot people. Didn't have to operate anything, no puzzles, no getting lost in the map, nothing.
say whatever u want but I love the cod games I don't think there overrated and yes you dont puzzles but that makes it dif from other games like rpgs and rts and about the stratagy if your a good shooter fan then you stratagize thro out the game and it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:58 pm

halestride wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:
Mercy wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
-Final Fantasy XII
-Call of Duty series

CoD is an overrated game that, as Ghost Leader stated above, apart from a graphic update, is the same goddamn game over and over again. I swear, all of my friends would rather play that stupid game and be mindless 'shoot 'em all' people instead of playing games that have puzzles and games that force you to have a strategy for playing it.

And yes, i've played through at least one CoD game. All I had to do was shoot people. Didn't have to operate anything, no puzzles, no getting lost in the map, nothing.
say whatever u want but I love the cod games I don't think there overrated and yes you dont puzzles but that makes it dif from other games like rpgs and rts and about the stratagy if your a good shooter fan then you stratagize thro out the game and it's awesome.

Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 20156474
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Mercy wrote:
Thank you for that Ghostleader, those are my basic thoughts on CoD.

As for Final Fantasy VII? Are Oi kidding me? That game is most definitely not underrated by any means.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII#section_6

Check out the reception and it's legacy. Multiple spin offs, movies, talk of a remake, Final Fantasy VII is easily the most praised and the greatest Final Fantasy out there. Fans and critics alike give credit to where it's due, and since then there hasn't been a Final Fantasy game to live up to its standards. Just look at Final Fantasy XIII. To call Final Fantasy VII underrated is really.... That's just uninformed.

The only Final Fantasy game that I think is underrated is FF9. That was brilliant game. In my Top 3 FF games. FF7 is #1 of course.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 pm

Point being, Final Fantasy VII of all titles is not underrated. Shadows of the Damned is underrated. If you call FFVII underrated you don't know the meaning of the word.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm

I always believed that the Final Fantasy games were one of the most popular and best-selling series. Aren't they all held in high-regard, thus making them not under-rated, as in the case of "Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness"?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:11 pm

halestride wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:
Mercy wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
-Final Fantasy XII
-Call of Duty series

No, you strategize in Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six. In CoD you run in guns blazing and mow down everything in sight like a campy '80s action movie. Being a "good shooter fan" has shit to do with shit.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:26 pm

halestride wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:
Mercy wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
-Final Fantasy XII
-Call of Duty series

Good shooter fans would rather invest their time and money in "real" shooters, like Halo, Gears of War and Battlefield. The last time I played a COD game, It was so easy and noobish that I felt like a fat kid eating chocolate cake, there was no real challenge that tested my skills one bit. But I respect your opinion nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

Playstation Network xXLittleDragonXx

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Resident Evil 5
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Dynasty Warriors 7
Warriors Orochi 3
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:49 pm

ozzman wrote:

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

Oh my god, I've finally met a person who agrees with me on that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:51 pm

besides AOD being rushed because of the movie , it was still a good game minus the glitches, unfinished/cut levels and missing story bits
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:53 pm

ozzman wrote:
besides AOD being rushed because of the movie , it was still a good game minus the glitches, unfinished/cut levels and missing story bits

Indeed. Have you ever read alot of what Core planned to put into AOD originally? It's great stuff!
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:56 pm

^ yeah, i really wish it was finished
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:57 pm

ozzman wrote:
^ yeah, i really wish it was finished

Same Sad Oh well, there's always fanfiction
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:07 pm

^ yeah, i know modders are trying to replace level sections and animations.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 pm

ozzman wrote:
^ yeah, i know modders are trying to replace level sections and animations.

I've heard that. Sadly, I only have the PS2 version Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm

me too, i don't have a pc, i have to browse from my ps3
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:28 pm

ThomVD wrote:
You are confusing underrated with overlooked. CoD is really famous, but I only see hate for the series everywhere. MW3 got a 3,2 userscore on Metacritic, and I'm really enjoying the game atm. I don't see much wrong with it. Getting really tired of the hate.

Oh god. I thought you were joking. Yes Thom, the greatest selling franchise in all of gaming history is underrated. Your logic is bad, and you should feel bad.
Back to top Go down
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Resident Evil: Outbreak File 1 and 2
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Call of Duty: World at War
Silent Hill: Downpour
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 am

First of all, it's FFXII (12) and NOT VII. I would never say that FFVII is underrated :/

And maybe CoD is overrated in terms of review scores by critics, but I see more hate than love for the series. I actually only see hate on the internet and also here in my environment. And ok, let me make it more specific, I'd say MW3 is underrated. MW2 and Black Ops weren't that good, and CoD4 gets a lot of love. MW3 is to me a really decent game, but ask any gamer and they'll say that it sucks ass. The userscores on every gaming site prove that. I agree that the series is basically the same since CoD4, and that is the biggest thing that bothers me with the series, but isn't that the same with a lot of other series like sport games, music games, etc. Maybe the haters are just more vocal, but that's why I find it underrated. Does the game really deserve a 3,2?

And I am talking about underrated in the gaming community, not in terms of professional reviews. Otherwise I'd say Survivor or Dead Aim.
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:50 am

I don't feel like CoD is really overrated or underrated. Hard to say it's underrated when it breaks sales records on an annual basis, but on the flip side, it's hard to say it's overrated when people constantly bash it for being the same damn game since 2007. CoD is CoD.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:25 am

Oh please. MW3 broke all sales records BEFORE the damn thing came out! It will be the best selling game of all time until Black Ops 2 comes out which is yet another CoD game. If you'd use your brain you would realize that CoD is not underrated unless about 100 gamers buy about 3 million copies each. A game constantly being bashed does not equate to being underrated. Not to mention a game that runs on an engine that was outdated in 2005 should not even qualify for the title of being underrated.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:24 am

ThomVD wrote:
First of all, it's FFXII (12) and NOT VII. I would never say that FFVII is underrated :/
Oh hell, I thought you were talking about 7 all this time. From now on I'm avoiding roman numerals when talking about Final Fantasy.

But I still totally disagree with you on CoD.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:35 am

I expected that everybody would disagree with that one. The fact that everybody does actually kind of proves my point. But I'll stop discussing about it since we both keep giving the same arguments and we won't convince each other. It all depends on how you interpret the word "underrated". The word is very vague.

@The CG: Even though FFIX is my favorite game ever, I disagree with you about it being underrated. The people who actually played it pretty much all love it. The only problem is that not that many people played it. Overlooked is a better word for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Games You Feel Were Under-rated?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next